ISO: Dylan "the guam rehearsals" 4 cd set

aok

Oct 2, 2001, 7:38:04 AM10/2/01
Looking to trade for this White Bear release on cdr . Will trade from
extensive list. Contact me privately.

DBall

Oct 2, 2001, 9:41:25 AM10/2/01
Do these exist ? I would very much like to trade for these as well !

DBall

Georg Wirnsperger

Oct 2, 2001, 1:44:59 PM10/2/01
What are these cd's about?

Best regards
Luke

Scooby Don't

Oct 2, 2001, 2:54:15 PM10/2/01
Good luck. This is a commercial cd release, so you'll be relying on a cd
collector to give you a copy on cd-r. However, a lot of cd collectors are
refusing to copy this disc to cd-r when it's released because of the
anti-commercial bootlegging sentiment (and general abuse that's directed
towards cd collectors) that emanates from cd-r 'traders'. i.e. it's 'payback
time'. So don't hold your breath.

Bill

Oct 2, 2001, 6:27:16 PM10/2/01
Utter bilge. First, this set (like "Tree With Roots") may well be
sourced from fan-circulated CDRs -- "White Bear" discs (and their
predecessors) have shown a remarkable tendency to turn up shortly
after more extensive compilations of the same material have been put
together by fans. I first heard most of the material in 1998, and the
rest of it was circulating on tape and CDR more than a year ago. As
far as I can tell, the only commercial Dylan boots of the last few
years with material that wasn't taken from already-circulating
CDRs/tapes was on GBS3 and Genuine Live '66.
Second, since the set wasn't out as of September 29, it would be
rather difficult for this motley "lot of CD collectors" to come
together and refuse to trade the set.
Third, the only reason it might seem to "Scooby" that "a lot of
cd collectors" are doing this is that he's reading old rmd threads
while losing track of the various names he's been posting under --
it's really just his echo, his shadow, and him.
Fourth, according to "Scooby," in his last diatribe on the
subject (only 3 days ago) "I urge cd collectors NOT to trade future
commercially release product, such as the Guam Rolling Thunder
rehearsals. I know this won't happen . . ." So when he said "a lot of
CD collectors are refusing to copy this disc . . ." he was just making
it up. Trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Lying through his
teeth, some of the less charitable contributors to this group might
say.

Bill

jbeck57143

Oct 2, 2001, 10:29:49 PM10/2/01
Were the recordings used for "Tree With Roots" already circulating on
CDR? I never even heard about these improved recordings until I heard
about the "commercial boot". How do people get this stuff?

Jim

monic...@my-deja.com (Bill) wrote:
"Utter bilge. First, this set (like "Tree With Roots") may well be
sourced from fan-circulated CDRs -- "White Bear" discs (and their
predecessors) have shown a remarkable tendency to turn up shortly
after more extensive compilations of the same material have been put
together by fans. I first heard most of the material in 1998, and the
rest of it was circulating on tape and CDR more than a year ago. As
far as I can tell, the only commercial Dylan boots of the last few
years with material that wasn't taken from already-circulating

CDRs/tapes was on GBS3 and Genuine Live '66..."

Scooby Don't

Oct 3, 2001, 3:06:44 AM10/3/01
No they weren't. Bill doesn't know what he's talking about.

"jbeck57143" <jbeck...@aol.com> wrote in message

Scooby Don't

Oct 3, 2001, 3:49:36 AM10/3/01
This is just the kind of rude, arrogant, self-opinionated, and downright
dim-witted anti-commercial cd post I would expect from you and a good
example of why cd collectors are getting fed up with cd-r collectors and
find your misguided 'guide' increasingly redundant ( I encourage you to drop
cd content from it altogether, making it an entirely cd-r guide, and leave
the cds to people who actually know what they're talking about,
www.renaldo.clara.net , www.bobsboots.com and Deep Beneath The Waves.).
You're always attempting to deride cd collectors like me when we post
information about cds or make any pro-cd comment. You were dismissive of
this particular release when Ramblin' Man posted information on it here last
month. (What you fail to understand is that these are soundboard recordings,
and are therefore previously uncirculating, but then again, when it comes to
information about cds you're not at all 'well connected' are you?).You
always claim to have heard everything years before everyone else. What was
it you said before regarding the bobdylan.com tracks? ( see thread -Saving
bobdylan.com songs ) Hilarious and shockingly stupid, and you're calling me
a liar! No, the White Bear discs were NOT copied from cd-rs, nor were the
Cystal Cat 2000 cds or the forthcoming Crystal Cat 2001 cds, nor was the
recent Jones Beach 1988 upgrade and nor was the Dimestore Medicine cd to
name but a few from last year. Since you very likely haven't heard or seen
them, I guess you wouldn't know. As for the Guam rehearsals, the set has
been forthcoming since the beginning of August. This is when I pre-ordered
my copy from my supplier. I personally know a lot of other cd collectors,
the same way that cd-r traders know other cd-r traders, that will be
purchasing this set and have discussed the issue of not circulating this
disc on cd-r since August. A fair amount of people who usually supply people
with cd-r copies of cd releases have agreed not to in this instance, at
least initially. I suspect that this disc will be copied and circulated by
someone somewhere, (my comment in the last post was somewhat tounge in
cheek, and furthermore if you care to notice Bill, I also said that I didn't
actually expect it to happen, although I'm sure posts like yours simply
serve to encourage their non circulation further) but I do encourage anyone
reading this not to.
Finally, Bill, if you had them in 1998, what are you getting so worked up
about, calling me a liar and so on? Why don't you do the good cd-r trader
thing and supply copies of your cd-rs to aok and DBall and anyone else who
requires it so they don't have to wait? Or are you one of those 'less
charitable contributors to the group'?

I suppose you'll respond to this with another barrage of equally disjointed
nonsense as I've become accustomed to, really I don't care, I have better
things to do than argue with silly people like you and if the only thing
that comes out of this is that one person is denied hearing this release on
either cd or cd-r (i.e. you) than it's all been tremendously worthwhile. :-)

"Bill" <monic...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Utter bilge. First, this set (like "Tree With Roots") may well be
> sourced from fan-circulated CDRs -- "White Bear" discs (and their
> predecessors) have shown a remarkable tendency to turn up shortly
> after more extensive compilations of the same material have been put
> together by fans. I first heard most of the material in 1998, and the
> rest of it was circulating on tape and CDR more than a year ago. As
> far as I can tell, the only commercial Dylan boots of the last few
> years with material that wasn't taken from already-circulating
> CDRs/tapes was on GBS3 and Genuine Live '66.
> Second, since the set wasn't out as of September 29, it would be
> rather difficult for this motley "lot of CD collectors" to come
> together and refuse to trade the set.
> Third, the only reason it might seem to "Scooby" that "a lot of
> cd collectors" are doing this is that he's reading old rmd threads
> while losing track of the various names he's been posting under --
> it's really just his echo, his shadow, and him.
> Fourth, according to "Scooby," in his last diatribe on the
> subject (only 3 days ago) "I urge cd collectors NOT to trade future
> commercially release product, such as the Guam Rolling Thunder
> rehearsals. I know this won't happen . . ." So when he said "a lot of
> CD collectors are refusing to copy this disc . . ." he was just making
> it up. Trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Lying through his
> teeth, some of the less charitable contributors to this group might
> say

Scooby Don't

Oct 3, 2001, 8:06:20 AM10/3/01
Apologies if this is unintentionally appearing again, I don't mean to
subject people to this a 2nd time around, it's due to my barely
internet-compatable excuse for a computer...

"Bill" <monic...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Third, the only reason it might seem to "Scooby" that "a lot of

> cd collectors" are doing this is that he's reading old rmd threads
> while losing track of the various names he's been posting under --
> it's really just his echo, his shadow, and him.

Incorrect. I've haven't posted on this newsgroup for several months. Mainly
because of personal issues but also I got fed up with having to have
pointless 'arguments' with people such as yourself who are ill-equipped to
respond to my comments in an intelligent and well thought out manner.
Unlike you, who counts the number of days between my posts and spends the
time trying to identify which posts are me under different pseudonyms. Don't
you have anything better to do? Somewhat scarily, you're right though, I
have, in the past, used alternate 'identitles' such as scoob and others I
can't even remember. So have a lot of other people here, so what? It doesn't
matter at all and doesn't detract from the content of my posts at all. I've
never attempted to sabotage this newgroup or set out to make unconstructive
posts or nonsensical, off-topic discussions, as other have from time to
time. I have, on occasion, had a laugh here and there and perhaps, with my
comments on commercial cd bootlegs, inadvertantly invoked the 'rage' of cd-r
collectors, who, for some unknown reason, have the right to make any
misinformed anti-commercial cd bootleg comment they like without comment or
critic from others. It's a newsgroup about Bob Dylan for God sake, a bit of
fun, Bill, something you seem to have no sense of. The worrying thing is
that you can actually be bothered to trace and make note of posts that you
believe are from me. Bizzarre.
I'm a cd collector of long standing, I know a great deal of other
people who share my sentiments with regard to the issue on hand. I share
comments and information here with the intention of helping people who are
interested in collecting commercial cd bootlegs because I know what I'm
talking about. I was once criticized for suggesting that a newbie might
prefer to start looking around for original cds rather than cd-rs. I was
simply suggesting that there's an alternative to cd-r trading that a newbie
might not be aware of. Apparently, though, I made a mistake because this is
'not allowed' to be discussed on this newsgroup. cd-r trading is fine, but
mention 'illegal' cds and your worse than the Devil. I was also criticised
when I corrected someone who had said that Scorpio had copied The Genuine
Bootleg Series from a fan-produced cd-r peoject, (which they hadn't) which
is just ridiculous. If I hadn't made the comment, the original post would
have gone unquestioned. Sorry if you, or others don't like it, but I'm not
intimidated by the apparent cd-r 'mob mentallity' that dominates RMD, I'll
stand up and voice my opinion and say what I believe, and in the name of
freedom of speech, I strongly encourge other to do the same. I also post
comments when theres a lack of information and/or misinformation about cd
releases here and on websites, ( such as your 'guide') primarily because of
the fact that, although you might not like it, I am far more 'well
connected' when it comes to cd bootlegs that you are and far more of an
'expert' than you are simply due to the fact that I actually am a cd
collector and you obviously aren't. (Several comments and on your site are,
in fact, mine and several 'forthcoming' releases on your updates page, had
in the first instance, become more general public knowledge directly because
of a comment made by me.) If it wasn't for myself and Ramblin' Man,
virtually no pre-release information regarding commercial cd releases would
ever be posted on this newsgroup. In the distant past, I have circulated
some cd-r copies of otherwise unavailable cd bootlegs before anyone else
did, but not any more, I , and from what I can gather, other cd collectors,
are becoming increasingly sick of the anti-cd collector sentiment that is
constantly being touted within this and other newsgroups and cd-r trading
circles and people such as yourself who seem to 'target' any comment made
about a cd release with the usual 'I had it on cd-r two years ago, it's
nothing new' derisional crap without having any knowledge of the actual
content.
As for the cd Vs. cd-r 'issue', Phill Townsend, perhaps the most
authoritive voice on Dylan commercial cd bootlegs there is ( although I know
he wouldn't say that himself) argued about this issue long before I ever
made a public comment about it, but I suppose you wouldn't know about that.
I believe you're suggesting that others who have posted similar pro-cd
comments, ie chalawler, 'Village Green' ( in what I believe was his only
ever post, although there may be more under different names, you'll be
better informed on that than me, Bill, seeing as you take the time to find
these things out :-) ) and Ramblin' Man are, in fact, me. Is that what
you're saying? (If that were the case, I'm apparently the only cd collector
out there and the only possible source for the Guam Rehearsals cd. Which is
bad news for cd-r traders.) In reality, these are some of the more
recognisable RMD cd collectors who are, in fact, real life human beings who,
unsurprisingly to everyone out there (except you) aren't me. I do hope they
will verify this here independently. They have, and I'm sure they will, also
echo my sentiments without any encouragement from me whatsoever, regardless
of whether they choose to circulate this disc or not ( it's entirely their
choice, i'm just expressing an opinion and a suggestion to other cd
collectors, who may or may not agree/support my action.) That puts pay to
your 'his echo, his shadow and him' nonsense, doesn't it?
Let's get to the bottom of this Bill, could the REAL reason you feel the
need to comment negatively and attempt to discredit every post that I make
be because not only are you completely anti-commercial bootleg cd to such an
extent that you even believe that a cds artwork is 'immoral', but more
significantly because I damadged your obviously considerable ego by daring
to suggest that the commercial cd content of your guide wasn't very good and
now you've gone into a child-like sulk? In all honesty, and without a hint
of tounge-in-cheek fun-poking, I appreciate that a lot of hard work and
effort went into your site and it's designed to be informative and helpful,
but, as a cd collector, and therefore a certain type of specific collector
that would use your site, I find some of the comments regarding cds
bafflingly misguided. As a cd collector, I'm sorry, but I can't just take
your comments seriously because you show evidence that you don't know what
you're talking about again and again.The comment about the 'Tree With Roots'
release is yet another fine example. I would dig up other examples, but I
really don't wan't you or your pointless arguments to take up my time any
futher than I feel is necessary.
Instead of taking this as constructive criticism, and looking at ways that
you could improve the Guide to cater for cd (specific) collectors, who
generally don't make inter-format comparisons, and wouldn't avoid a cd in
favor of a more complete/better sound quality cd-r, you choose to declare
war on me or something, calling me a liar and so forth. Really, Bill, if I'd
have known you took criticism so poorly I wouldn't have said anything,
besides it was a while ago now and you really should get some councelling or
something to help you get over it. Oooh, look I can see you turning red...
:-)

DBall

Oct 3, 2001, 9:09:55 AM10/3/01
Ok, before this gets way out of hand, I have not been able to find any
background info. on this set. What is the history of the rehearsals, etc.

DBall

Scooby Don't

Oct 3, 2001, 2:36:28 PM10/3/01
It's a 500 copy limited edition 4cd (not cd-r) set from the White Bear
label. Most of the material is taken from either previously
uncirculating/upgraded audience recordings and a good portion is from
previously uncirculated or upgraded soundboard recordings. I don't know
which is which yet. The material was recorded at various locations Jan-May
1976 (i.e. before the tour ) and is presented in chronological sequence.
That's about it really!
It was first on the pre-release schedules in late July 2001 for a
September 2001 releases. Delays with cd mastering mean it'll be a couple of
weeks yet. Bill says he already has all this material, (nobody else does) so
everyone interested in aquiring this material on cd-r can ask him for a cd-r
copy so they don't have to wait for this release! I'm sure he won't mind,
after all he's all for sharing the music for free to fans and all that.

Tracklist from Ramblin' Man's post on 19th September 2001. ( Thanks RM for
typing this out, couldn't be bothered myself ) -

DISC ONE
REHERSALS FOR "THE NIGHT OF THE HURRICANE 2"
STUDIO INSTRUMENT RENTAL, LOS ANGELES, 22ND AND 23RD JANUARY 1976 22ND
JANUARY 1976; YOU AIN'T GOING NOWHERE; OH SISTER (1); OH SISTER (2);
SARA (1); MOZAMBIQUE. 23RD JANUARY 1976; JUST LIKE A WOMAN (1); JUST LIKE A
WOMAN (2); WHEN I
PAINT MY MASTERPIECE; MAGGIES FARM (1); MAGGIES FARM (2); ONE TOO MANY
MORNINGS (1); ONE TOO MANY MORNINGS (2); ROMANCE IN DURANGO; ISIS (1); ISIS
(2); POSITIVELY 4TH STREET; OH SISTER (3); OH SISTER (4); ONE MORE CUP OF
COFFEE; SARA (2); JUST LIKE A WOMAN (3); HURRICANE.

DISC TWO
TOUR REHEARSAL, BELLEVUE BILTMORE HOTEL, CLEARWATER, FL. 15TH APRIL 1976
"THE TRIO TAPE" (STONER/WYETH/RIVERA) JUST LIKE TOM THUMBS BLUES (1); THE
SUN IS SHINING; LAY LADY LAY; ONE MORE
CUP OF COFFEE (1); IT TAKES A LOT TO LAUGH, IT TAKES A TRAIN TO CRY; BALLAD
OF HOLLIS BROWN; HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS; MOZAMBIQUE; IDIOT WIND; ONE MORE CUP
OF COFFEE (2); SHELTER FROM THE STORM; JUST LIKE TOM THUMBS BLUES (2); ISIS;
RITA MAE; I THREW IT ALL AWAY.

DISC THREE
DRESS REHEARSALS WITH FULL ROLLING THUNDER REVUE FOR 1976 TOUR. BELLEVUE
BILTMORE HOTEL, CLEARWATER, FL. 17TH APRIL 1976 I THREW IT ALL AWAY; GOING
GOING GONE (1); GOING GOING GONE (2); GOING GOING GONE (3); ONE MORE CUP OF
COFFEE (1); ONE MORE CUP OF COFFEE (2); TOMORROW IS A LONG TIME; MOZAMBIQUE
(1); MOZAMBIQUE (2); MOZAMBIQUE (3); LAY LADY LAY; IDIOT WIND; I'LL BE YOUR
BABY TONIGHT (1); I'LL BE YOUR BABY TONIGHT (2); MAGGIES FARM; ONE TOO MANY
MORNINGS; SEVEN DAYS; GOING GOING GONE (4).

DISC FOUR

MISCELLANEOUS 1976 REHEARSALS STUDIO INSTRUMENT RENTAL, LOS ANGELES, 23RD
JANUARY 1976; LAY LADY LAY SHANGRI-LA STUDIOS, MALIBU, CA WITH ERIC CLAPTON
AND RON WOOD 30TH MARCH 1976; SPANISH IS THE LOVING TONGUE/ADELITA; IDIOT
WIND. TOUR REHEARSALS, BELLEVUE BILTMORE HOTEL,CLEARWATER, FL. APRIL 1976;
I'LL BE YOUR BABY TONIGHT; WHERE DID VINCENT VAN GOGH? ; I PITY THE POOR
IMMIGRANT (1); BLOWIN' IN THE WIND (1); I PITY THE POOR IMMIGRANT (2);
BLOWIN' IN THE WIND (2); STUCK INSIDE OF MOBILE WITH THE MEMPHIS BLUES AGAIN
(1); STUCK INSIDE OF MOBILE WITH THE MEMPHIS BLUES AGAIN (2). DRESS
REHEARSALS WITH FULL ROLLING THUNDER REVUE FOR 1976 TOUR. BELLEVUE BILTMORE
HOTEL, CLEARWATER, FL. 17TH APRIL 1976; SARA; JUST LIKE TOM THUMBS BLUES; IT
TAKES A LOT TO LAUGH IT TAKES A TRAIN TO CRY; YOU ANGEL YOU (1); YOU ANGEL
YOU (2)
REHEARSAL APRIL 1976; STUCK INSIDE OF MOBILE WITH THE MEMPHIS BLUES AGAIN
SPECIAL RIDER DEMO RECORDING, CLEARWATER 17TH APRIL 1976; SEVEN DAYS
REHEARSAL FOR "HARD RAIN" TV SPECIAL, COLARADO HOTEL MAY 20TH/21ST 1976;
JUST LIKE A WOMAN (1); JUST LIKE A WOMAN (2); TANGLED UP IN BLUE (1);
TANGLED UP IN BLUE (2). REJECTED TV SPECIAL PERFORMANCES, BELLEVUE BILTMORE
HOTEL, CLEARWATER, FL. 22ND APRIL 1976; ONE MORE CUP OF COFFEE; MOST LIKELY
YOU'LL GO YOUR WAY (AND
I'LL GO MINE)

"DBall" <dbal...@pipeline.com> wrote in message

DBall

Oct 3, 2001, 2:56:07 PM10/3/01
Thanks for the info, but what is the Guam connection ?

DBall

Scooby Don't wrote...

Bill

Oct 3, 2001, 2:58:49 PM10/3/01
They're rehearsals for the second "Night Of The Hurricane" concert
(January 1976) and for the 1976 Rolling Thunder tour (April-May 1976).
The April-May rehearsals have circulated for years -- they're listed
in Dundas '94. Part of the January '76 rehearsals have also been
circulated since the early '90s; another batch came into circulation
about a year and a half ago. There doesn't appear to be any new
material on the set in question, although given the number of multiple
takes it isn't entirely impossible.
A good chunk of the material comes from the final, "dress
rehearsal" session in April 1976. Heylin has described that rehearsal
at some length, but the recording of the main rehearsal hasn't come
into general circulation yet. Early reports of this set implied that
new material from the main dress rehearsal would be included, but the
posted tracklist matches up to the already-circulating recordings.
And there are more rehearsal tracks that aren't included in this set.
It's hardcore fan/collector stuff; unless you've already got a
few high-grade '76 shows, I wouldn't make this a priority. My
comments on the stuff I'd heard were on my Field Recordings Reviews
page, which is being reconstructed; check out

http://monicasdude.tripod.com/DYLAN76.htm

Bill

Bill

Oct 3, 2001, 7:03:55 PM10/3/01
The URL I referred to should be

http://monicasdude.tripod.com/DYLAN76.HTM

Bill (who's in need of case-sensitivity training . . .)

frinjdwelr

Oct 3, 2001, 9:39:06 PM10/3/01

> Thanks for the info, but what is the Guam connection ?
>
> DBall

Guam was the self named backup band for Rolling Thunder. Rolling Thunder
was a code name during the Vietnam War for a campaign of bombing raids (to
Cambodia?) They were launched from Guam.

jbeck57143

Oct 3, 2001, 11:20:27 PM10/3/01
I just found out the 4CD "Guam Rehearsals" set was taken from a 9 disc
"fan project". Unfortunately it seems the people who circulate these
fan projects don't like to make them available in exchange for blank
discs. This is probably one reason people like to collect "commercial
boots". There may be a more complete version circulating on CDR, but
that doesn't do you any good if you're not going to be able to get it.

Jim Beck

Bill

Oct 4, 2001, 11:34:40 AM10/4/01
1. The circulating recordings are all soundboard/line recordings.
There are, in general, no "audience" recordings of rehearsals, because
there is no audience. (There are a few dreadful recordings from 1978
rehearsals that are sometimes labeled "audience," but these were made
from the street outside the rehearsal studio.)

2. All of the April-May 1976 material has been circulating freely
for more than seven years. It was listed in Dundas '94, as well as on
Olof Bjorner's pages.

3. Some of the January 1976 material has also been circulating
since 1994 (if not earlier); the remainder has been circulating for
more than a year and a half. Again, refer to Dundas and Bjorner.

4. A significant portion of this material has already circulated
on CD. Check out

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/monicasdude/CDGuideD.htm

under "Day Before The Hurricane" and "Days Before Hard Rain." Check
out

http://monicasdude.tripod.com/DYLAN76.HTM

from my old tapes reviews pages for my comments on a somewhat
different selection of excerpts.

5. "Scooby's" comment that May 1976 recordings predate the 1976
Rolling Thunder tour demonstrates the unreliability of his
information. He's shilling for a boot seller, and he's neither
particularly good at it or particularly honest about it. He's a
malignant troll-for-profit.

Bill

Bill

Oct 4, 2001, 1:46:43 PM10/4/01
By trading. There's at least 10 times as much stuff out there as has
ever circulated on commercial disc, and, in many cases, the remaining
10%, more or less, is in better quality than the commercial CDs.
Given that you can pick up a decent CDR/W drive for about the
combined cost of "Tree With Roots" and (if it ever surfaces) "Guam
Rehearsals," it will pay for itself in a very period of time.
CDs and CDRs all come from tape sources. Many of the early boot
CDs didn't come from the best available tape sources, but from
whatever was handy to the bootlegger. As CDR drives have become
common, lots of older,low-gen (even master) tapes have been put on CDR
and circulated as fan projects. And those get circulated, and many of
them eventually turn up as commercial discs. But, over the last few
years, only about 2 discs worth of new material has shown upon
commercial discs without going through fan channels.
That said, you've really got to network to get stuff, and you've
got to accumulate material to trade. If you can't burn CDRs, you're
limited to the trees and to the occasional B&P in order to get CDRs.
As somebody songs, "Every pleasure's got an edge of pain; Pay for your
ticket and don't complain."

Bill

Scooby Don't

Oct 5, 2001, 9:02:19 AM10/5/01

"Bill" <monic...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> 5. "Scooby's" comment that May 1976 recordings predate the 1976
> Rolling Thunder tour demonstrates the unreliability of his
> information. He's shilling for a boot seller, and he's neither
> particularly good at it or particularly honest about it. He's a
> malignant troll-for-profit.
>
> Bill

Are stupid, sarcastic, immature comments like that supposed to bother me in
some way? At least I'm not a cowardly bully like you appear to be, who sets
out to intimidate anyone who disagrees with their principles. Maybe I was
wrong about the dates of the 'Guam' stuff. So bloody what? It was off the
top of my head. This newsgroup is full of people post incorrect info (
including yourself, although you're obviously one of those who things they
are always in the right) Why does that ( or any other of my comments )
obviously 'touch a nerve' with you? I don't know you, I've never had any
contact with you privately, so what is your problem? I couldn't care less
what you think, say or do and by now I've certainly learned not to take
seriously any comment made by you here. That's my chice, thanks. So go
ahead, say what you like, I'm beating my head against a brick wall with you.
BTW, You were wrong about the Ljublana soundboard, laugably wrong about the
bobdylan.com tracks, wrong about 'A Tree With Roots', completely off the
mark regarding the percentage of commercial boots copied from fan-produced
cds.( spare me, and the rest of this group your 'evidence' or 'proof' to
suggest otherwise, you're just courting ridicule even further, and I, for
one, am not interested in ANYTHING you have to say from now on, I'd rather
comment on something else and have a constructive discussion with someone
else, in an intelligent manner, something you seem incapable of. ) I
couldn't care less, it's your problem. Deal with it. Do myself and the rest
of the group of a favor, Bill, I'm sure nobody is interested in if you're
'right' or not, and drop it. Nobody cares anymore, especially not me. Go out
and get another hobby or something. If your intended goal is to humilite me
in some way, or intimidate me into retreat from this newsgroup ( as it seems
to be) it's backfiring, making YOU look like a bully who can't take other
people sharing an opinion that's different to their own. This is nothing to
do with me, of course, I didn't provoke it, it's self-evident from your own
posts whether I happen to comment in the same thread or not. Sorry Bill, but
you don't have a right to attempt to intimidate or humiliate ANYONE in a
newsgroup like this in order to get them to leave simply because you don't
like what they're saying. And your calling me a troll?!?
Your comments seem to be directed not only at me, but at cd collectors in
general, and because I represent a certain type of music collector, that for
some reason you take offense at. It's probably this :
YOU ARE JEALOUS OF PEOPLE WHO CAN GET 'REAL' CD'S BECAUSE YOU CAN'T.
This is the only possible explanation as far as I can see, I may be right or
wrong, but it's a good enough reason not to communicate with you further.
End of story.
Bye bye Bill.

anne_...@zfree.co.nz

Oct 5, 2001, 6:34:59 PM10/5/01

Why would he bother? You do that to yourself every time you post.

Anne!

http://www.zfree.co.nz