ABC NEWS reports Bush and Cheney leaked CIA name

Oct 2, 2005, 5:25:10 PM10/2/05
ABC News is reporting that according to commentator George
Stephenolopolous, his sources tell him that Bush and Cheney were
DIRECTLY involved in leaking the name of Joe Wilson's wife.

The White House is absolutely terrified about what will happen next. I
cant wait to see Bush in indicted and in jail!

Our president is a real criminal. So is the vice president.

All Summer I have been posting about this. From my understanding it
involves 19 different white house officials in addition to Bush and
Cheney.

Karl Rove was originally the main target, but the prosecutor seems to
be moving beyond.

So to all who act like I am hysterical and my posts are crazy and I am
an idealogue I say, I TOLD YA SO!

Bush and Cheney committed an act of treason. According to laws of
treason they should be jailed.

Our president and vice president leaked the name of a CIA operative.
AND THEY ACTUALLY THOUGHT THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH IT!

IMPEACH AND JAIL BUSH! SEND HIM TO JAIL!

JAIL THE REAL CRIMINALS

"Near the end of a round table discussion on ABC's This Week, George
Stephanopoulos dropped this bomb:

Definitely a political problem but I wonder, George Will, do you think
it's a manageable one for the White House especially if we don't
know whether Fitzgerald is going to write a report or have indictments
but if he is able to show as a source close to this told me this week,
that President Bush and Vice President Cheney were actually involved in
some of these discussions."

Bernie Woodham

Oct 2, 2005, 6:04:57 PM10/2/05

"z" <Malco...@aol.com> wrote in message

> ABC News is reporting that according to commentator George
> Stephenolopolous, his sources tell him that Bush and Cheney were
> DIRECTLY involved in leaking the name of Joe Wilson's wife.

Well, I could believe that Bush would have knowledge about it. But to find
that he left a smoking gun of that is just too good to be true. But, you
are correct, this discussion did happen today on ABC:

"Then came the surprise revelation from George Stephanopoulos that is
guaranteed to make waves - and headlines on tonight's network news shows: "I
wonder, George Will, do you think it's a manageable one for the White House,

especially if we don't know whether Fitzgerald is going to write a report or

have indictments, but if he is able to show - as a source close to this told
me this week - that President Bush and Vice President Cheney were actually
involved in some of these discussions?" "

http://www.americanpolitics.com/20051002punditpap.html

Julius

Oct 2, 2005, 6:54:15 PM10/2/05
"ABC News is reporting that according to commentator George
Stephenolopolous,"

Wow, that's a font of credibility, a former Clinton buttboy.

marc...@yahoo.com

Oct 2, 2005, 7:43:07 PM10/2/05

In June of this year, on several ng's I made the prediction that both
Bush and Cheney would be impeached no later than August 2007.

All my friends told me that it was impossible...too many Republicans in
the Congress and so on. I told them that by 2007, no republican
desiring re-election would want to have any connection to Bush.

I'm still sticking to my prediction.

Julius

Oct 2, 2005, 8:12:56 PM10/2/05
Dream on, marcus, dream on. Any reliable insider in Washington will
tell you that it was common knowledge that Valerie Plame was in the
CIA.

This is another fishing expedition by the Bush haters still smarting
over losing in 2000 and 2004. Like spoiled little children, they'll do
nearly anything to torpedo this president. Nothing they have tried
works. This will turn out as embarassing for ABC as the national guard
memo was for CBS. It's just too bad Peter Jennings won't be around to
have egg thrown in his egomaniacal and self-important mug.

Jesse Jones

Oct 2, 2005, 8:21:51 PM10/2/05
marc...@yahoo.com wrote:

> In June of this year, on several ng's I made the prediction that both
> Bush and Cheney would be impeached no later than August 2007.
>
> All my friends told me that it was impossible...too many Republicans in
> the Congress and so on. I told them that by 2007, no republican
> desiring re-election would want to have any connection to Bush.
>
> I'm still sticking to my prediction.

From your keyboard to God's monitor!

Bernie Woodham

Oct 2, 2005, 8:45:25 PM10/2/05

<marc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I'd love to see Bush impeached. But I don't think that is going to happen
without the democrats taking over Congress in '06 and exposing a lot of the
things that have been going on under this Republican government.

Bush would be the second president that would actually deserved impeachment.
Andrew Johnson was the first.

Wilbur Slice

Oct 2, 2005, 9:24:00 PM10/2/05
On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 00:45:25 GMT, "Bernie Woodham"
<birnh...@insightbb.com> wrote:

>I'd love to see Bush impeached. But I don't think that is going to happen
>without the democrats taking over Congress in '06 and exposing a lot of the
>things that have been going on under this Republican government.
>
>Bush would be the second president that would actually deserved impeachment.
>Andrew Johnson was the first.

You don't think Nixon deserved impeachment?

Message has been deleted

Bernie Woodham

Oct 2, 2005, 10:27:39 PM10/2/05

"Wilbur Slice" <wil...@wilburslice.com> wrote in message
Nixon was never impeached. He resigned. But, if he din't resign and was
impeached, yes, he would deserve it; even though I've always felt sorry for
the guy.

For some reason I always liked Nixon.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 2, 2005, 10:38:09 PM10/2/05

"Julius" <gm...@angelfire.com> wrote in message

> "ABC News is reporting that according to commentator George
> Stephenolopolous,"
>
> Wow, that's a font of credibility, a former Clinton buttboy.

"Of course, the Fox reporting on this will invariably call him "former
Clinton advisor George Stephanopoulos." "

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/10/02/stephanopoulos_source_says_bush_cheney_involved_in_plamegate.php

Julius

Oct 2, 2005, 10:45:06 PM10/2/05
"Bush would be the second president that would actually deserved
impeachment.
Andrew Johnson was the first."

Like you were around in the 1860s to really know the dynamics of his
impreachment trial.

Obviously, an amoral loser like you didn't think a President having an
extramarital affair in the TAX PAYER supported Oval Office deserved to
be impeached.

Julius

Oct 2, 2005, 10:51:35 PM10/2/05
Nixon started the EPA, something the tree huggers should always
appreciate.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 2, 2005, 10:53:13 PM10/2/05

"SilkUpholsteredChair" <trea...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Bernie Woodham wrote:
>
>> we don't know whether Fitzgerald ...is able to show - as a source close
>> to this told
>> me this week - that President Bush and Vice President Cheney were
>> actually
>> involved in some of these discussions?" "
>

> Guess who's going to be called to the Grand Jury now to reveal his
> source for this? I wah-wah-wah wonder who could it be now? Things
> should start to get interesting.

Here's an interesting article speculating on what Bush knew:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2005/08/17/bush_plame/

Oct 2, 2005, 11:26:37 PM10/2/05
I love how stupid and dumb Julius is. DOnt pay attention to him, he
would support bush even if he ate his kids.

Julius-when Clinton was impeached republicans gave speeches in the
house where they said Clinton's actions were a stain on our society and
that he had tainetd the white house.

I sure think revealing the name of a CIA agent because their husband is
saying their are no WMD's is a hell of a lot worse. Clinton was
impeached over far less.

And if as you say it was common knowledge, why is the White House
worried. I mean after all the Prosecutor is a republican.

Bush is a GODDAMN Killer and liar. He killed thousands. I will not
fight for his war. Let him send his two kids.

marc...@yahoo.com

Oct 2, 2005, 11:29:38 PM10/2/05

Julius wrote:
> Nixon started the EPA, something the tree huggers should always
> appreciate.

I hated Nixon, but he was a genius compared to that piece of shit in
the White House now.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 2, 2005, 11:31:18 PM10/2/05

> "Bush would be the second president that would actually deserved
> impeachment.
> Andrew Johnson was the first."
>
> Like you were around in the 1860s to really know the dynamics of his
> impreachment trial.

Perhaps I didn't know the dynamics of the trial, but history let's us know
the reasons he was impeached to begin with. And the reasons were good.

> Obviously, an amoral loser like you didn't think a President having an
> extramarital affair in the TAX PAYER supported Oval Office deserved to
> be impeached.

Well, most of the people in the United States didn't think he should've been
impeached for that. But what I'd like to know from you is if you have since
stumped for laws that make it illegal for the President to have affairs in
the Oval Office. If you have not worked for such laws, then YOU are just
some loud mouthed loser.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 2, 2005, 11:57:38 PM10/2/05

"SilkUpholsteredChair" <trea...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Guess who's going to be called to the Grand Jury now to reveal his
> source for this? I wah-wah-wah wonder who could it be now? Things
> should start to get interesting.

After the Judith Miller incident, surely Stephenolopolous is aware that he
could be called for this. I doubt that he would be planning on a term in
jail. So, you would think, if the foregoing was true, that he would
already have permission to reveal his source.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 5:07:25 AM10/3/05

>> z wrote:
>

>> IMPEACH AND JAIL BUSH! SEND HIM TO JAIL!
>>

> Oh, but I DO go on so. Impeach him? Send him to jail? Hmmmm. Of
> course the Constition gives Bush the power of Presidential pardon.
> However, it is silent on the question of whether he can pardon himself
> or not. I don't think this question's ever been ruled on. Pardoning
> of an individual is not specifically prohibited, except in the case of
> impeachment. But impeachment would be a tough sell to a GOP
> Congress--to put it mildly. Could Fitzgerald indict a sitting Prez?
> Sure--the Rhenquist Court in the Paula Jones case ruled that a sitting
> Prez can be indicted. And Ford, in the Nixon pardon, showed that the
> Prez can pardon somebody even before he's been charged with a crime.
> It might be that Bush could therefore pardon himself either before or
> after an indictment by Fitzgerald. That would push you Bush-haters
> right over the edge, I surmise.

I agree that impeachment is very unlikely under a GOP congress.

I can't recall a time when a President pardoned himself. "Excuse me?"
However, if he tried to do something like that, (and I don't believe he
would), he would definitely go down as the most corrupt President the US has
ever had. So, I'd love to see him attempt that.

Terry

Oct 3, 2005, 5:23:00 AM10/3/05
In article <1128288310.0...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Malco...@aol.com (z) wrote:

> ABC News is reporting

Did they say anything about Bob Dylan?

Wilbur Slice

Oct 3, 2005, 7:22:12 AM10/3/05
On 2 Oct 2005 21:20:22 -0700, "SilkUpholsteredChair"
<trea...@aol.com> wrote:

>Bernie Woodham wrote:
>

>> So, you would think, if the foregoing was true, that he would
>> already have permission to reveal his source.
>

>Yes, and so I have to wonder who could it be now? That is, who is the
>source?

It's probably Robert Novak.

Wilbur Slice

Oct 3, 2005, 7:26:40 AM10/3/05
On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 02:27:39 GMT, "Bernie Woodham"
<birnh...@insightbb.com> wrote:

>"Wilbur Slice" <wil...@wilburslice.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 00:45:25 GMT, "Bernie Woodham"
>> <birnh...@insightbb.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I'd love to see Bush impeached. But I don't think that is going to happen
>>>without the democrats taking over Congress in '06 and exposing a lot of
>>>the
>>>things that have been going on under this Republican government.
>>>
>>>Bush would be the second president that would actually deserved
>>>impeachment.
>>>Andrew Johnson was the first.
>>>

>> You don't think Nixon deserved impeachment?
>>
>Nixon was never impeached.

You didn't say anything about them actually BEING impeached. Just
that they DESERVED impeachment.

> He resigned. But, if he din't resign and was
>impeached, yes, he would deserve it; even though I've always felt sorry for
>the guy.
>
>For some reason I always liked Nixon.

You're a sick man, Bernie.

Wilbur Slice

Oct 3, 2005, 7:28:41 AM10/3/05
On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 03:31:18 GMT, "Bernie Woodham"
<birnh...@insightbb.com> wrote:

>"Julius" <gm...@angelfire.com> wrote in message
>> "Bush would be the second president that would actually deserved
>> impeachment.
>> Andrew Johnson was the first."
>>
>> Like you were around in the 1860s to really know the dynamics of his
>> impreachment trial.
>>
>Perhaps I didn't know the dynamics of the trial, but history let's us know
>the reasons he was impeached to begin with. And the reasons were good.

Not really. That impeachment was just a political maneuver like the
Clinton impeachment.

>> Obviously, an amoral loser like you didn't think a President having an
>> extramarital affair in the TAX PAYER supported Oval Office deserved to
>> be impeached.
>>

>Well, most of the people in the United States didn't think he should've been
>impeached for that. But what I'd like to know from you is if you have since
>stumped for laws that make it illegal for the President to have affairs in
>the Oval Office. If you have not worked for such laws, then YOU are just
>some loud mouthed loser.

Don't feed the troll. Killfile him or just ignore him.

Wilbur Slice

Oct 3, 2005, 7:31:52 AM10/3/05
On 2 Oct 2005 21:47:47 -0700, "SilkUpholsteredChair"
<trea...@aol.com> wrote:

>> z wrote:
>

>> IMPEACH AND JAIL BUSH! SEND HIM TO JAIL!
>>

>Oh, but I DO go on so. Impeach him? Send him to jail? Hmmmm. Of
>course the Constition gives Bush the power of Presidential pardon.
>However, it is silent on the question of whether he can pardon himself
>or not. I don't think this question's ever been ruled on. Pardoning
>of an individual is not specifically prohibited, except in the case of
>impeachment. But impeachment would be a tough sell to a GOP
>Congress--to put it mildly. Could Fitzgerald indict a sitting Prez?
>Sure--the Rhenquist Court in the Paula Jones case ruled that a sitting
>Prez can be indicted. And Ford, in the Nixon pardon, showed that the
>Prez can pardon somebody even before he's been charged with a crime.
>It might be that Bush could therefore pardon himself either before or
>after an indictment by Fitzgerald. That would push you Bush-haters
>right over the edge, I surmise.

I said back during the Clinton deal that some of these decisions were
short-sighted and were going to come back to bite the republuicans on
the ass. One of them was that a sitting president can be sued and
hauled into court. It may be time fo that bite pretty soon.

And yeah, it WOULD drive us Bush Haters over the edge if he pardoned
himself. Even Clinton wouldn't do that. But I wouldn't even be
surprised if this current POS POTUS would do it.

Wilbur Slice

Oct 3, 2005, 7:32:48 AM10/3/05

They said that sometimes even Bob Dylan must have to stand naked.

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 7:49:31 AM10/3/05
"Well, most of the people in the United States didn't think he
should've been
impeached for that."

Credible cites?

"But what I'd like to know from you is if you have since
stumped for laws that make it illegal for the President to have affairs
in
the Oval Office."

When you are married, you enter into a legal contract, of which
infidelity is cause to violate that contract and find the infidel
liable for damages. As the chief law enforcement officer of the
country, the President is obligated even to enforce the terms of all
legal contracts, including even the one with his shrewish bull dyke
wife.

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 7:53:29 AM10/3/05
It's only trolling to you because I'm not articulating the bleeding
heart leftist talking points.

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 8:28:43 AM10/3/05
if they did, it would be accurate. NBC/ABC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC wouldn't
report that.

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 8:33:10 AM10/3/05
I think you're a piece of shit, marcus, how do you like that?

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 8:33:17 AM10/3/05

marc...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 8:41:08 AM10/3/05

justanotheranonpos...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I think you're a piece of shit, marcus, how do you like that?

Coming from a shit fresser, it's not much of an insult.

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 8:52:41 AM10/3/05
it works for me, marcus

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 8:56:38 AM10/3/05
it would perhaps be relevant to think of our President in that manner
but the fact is he is doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing ...
kicking Muslim terrorist ass in the Middle East and not taking any shit
from theUN or France and Germany, three of the biggest Muslim quislings
on this planet. France and Germany are fast becoming non-Western
nations. In fifty years it won't be even Europe anymore, but Eurabia
and you'll see even more Jews and synagogues attacked.

As a Jew, this should concern you, marcus.

handlevandal

Oct 3, 2005, 10:52:33 AM10/3/05

Bernie Woodham wrote:

> I'd love to see Bush impeached. But I don't think that is going to happen
> without the democrats taking over Congress in '06 and exposing a lot of the
> things that have been going on under this Republican government.

Don't be holding your breath waiting for the dems to make any waves.
They don't have the collective nerve to stand up for what they claim to
be their platform and principles, let alone the courage to start
something as drastic as impeachment. Them repugs sure had the balls to
do it, though, didn't they? And about something as insignificant as a
few minor trysts in the white house, like that hasn't been done before,
by occupants of both parties.

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 10:57:45 AM10/3/05
"And about something as insignificant as a
few minor trysts in the white house, like that hasn't been done before,

by occupants of both parties."

That makes it acceptable?

Obviously, you are neither married or have children. You have no clue
what being faithful to someone is all about, especially when a legal
contract is involved and knowing the consequences of violating that
contract.

handlevandal

Oct 3, 2005, 11:18:30 AM10/3/05
wrong again, mr black and white

acceptable in that situation would be determined by the people in that
relationship, not by some self appointed moral majority

impeachable? only if someone realizes that it can be used to cement
their own agenda

now, if you want to talk about impeachable try considering a ring of
thieves who run around hoovering up all the country's money (now
there's a real blow job for ya) and giving it to some dude named Hal
Burton, all the while sending other people's children to fight a war
that only serves to distract the rest of the world from all the
hoovering that's going on (unfortunately a lot of people are dying in
the meantime, but then the moral majority doesn't seem to have a
problem with the ethics of that)

dsten...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 11:32:18 AM10/3/05
Clearing the Baffles for 911

October 2, 2005

By Wayne Madsen

Top officials of the George W. Bush and, to a lesser extent, the
Clinton administration, stymied a number of coordinated intelligence
and law enforcement activities that could have prevented both the 911
attacks and the attack, eleven months before, on the USS Cole.

These subscribers and ardent supporters of the Project for a New
American Century's (PNAC) blueprint for U.S. global domination
interfered with covert projects by the CIA, FBI, Defense Intelligence
Agency, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Treasury Department, and
National Security Agency (NSA) that could have exposed an international
organized criminal cartel that included the 911 hijackers, arms and
drug traffickers, and Mafia financiers. According to a number of former
CIA, FBI, and DIA officers, the one glaring missing link in the 911
attacks and the USS Cole bombing is the lack of provable involvement by
organized Islamist fundamentalists, including the generic bogeyman
consistently cited by the PNAC supporters: "Al Qaeda."

The element that is common to both the Bush II and Clinton
administrations is a group of neo-conservatives who signed on to the
PNAC dream of "some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new
Pearl Harbor" to advance their agenda in the same way the German Nazis
torched the Reichstag building to advance their agenda. Then the
bogeyman of convenience was the Communist Party, today, it is Al Qaeda.

However, much like a submarine "clearing the baffles" by turning
120 degrees to port and starboard to detect trailing enemy subs, the
instigators of 911 cleared their own baffles by firing, suspending, and
blocking U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agents who were
aggressively pursuing the many leads that could have prevented the
advancement of the PNAC and the overall neo-conservative agenda.
Without 911, there would have been no Patriot Act, no Iraq War, no
trashing of the United Nations, no upending of the U.S. intelligence
community, no Department of Homeland Security, and no second
administration for George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Moreover, there
would be no current role in government or policy making for those who
benefited most from 911, those who were charter members of PNAC: Donald
Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Zalmay
Khalilzad, Richard Perle, newly-emergent racist leader William Bennett,
and Cheney himself.

***

The one individual who stands tall among those intelligence and law
enforcement officers who was aggressively pursuing the criminal network
that would carry out 911 was FBI counter-terrorism top man John
O'Neill. Ever since the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993,
O'Neill's pursuit of Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda had been dogged.
After further terrorist attacks at the Khobar Towers barracks in
Dharan, Saudi Arabia; the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania; and the
USS Cole in Aden harbor, O'Neill's biggest problem was not Al
Qaeda, it was resistance from top officials inside the U.S. government.

According to classified documents from French intelligence, Al Qaeda
and Bin Laden had still been under the operational control of U.S. and
British "security services" until 1995, fully two years after the
1993 World Trade Center bombing. As of 1996, the U.S. State Department
continued to refuse to list Al Qaeda as a terrorist organization. After
the 1996 bombings of the Khobar Towers that killed nineteen U.S.
military personnel, the State Department under Secretary of State
Warren Christopher, FBI Director Louis Freeh, and the Saudi government
did everything they could to obstruct O'Neill's investigation.

In his aggressive pursuit of Al Qaeda, O'Neill, according to people
who worked closely with him, began to have serious concerns over
complicity by those inside the Clinton and Bush administrations. There
was the mysterious theft in the summer of 2000 of his briefcase at a
Tampa hotel during a retirement seminar where the only other
participants were 150 other FBI agents. In the briefcase were a few
classified emails and a classified document called the Annual Field
Office Report, a summary of the New York FBI's office
counter-terrorist and counter-intelligence operations, including one
very sensitive investigation being conducted by another New York
counter-intelligence FBI special agent, Michael Dick. Although a
lighter, cigar cutter, and expensive pen were stolen, the papers were
all accounted for when the briefcase turned up 90 minutes later at
another nearby hotel. Ninety minutes, of course, was sufficient time to
photocopy the documents and discover what O'Neill knew about both Al
Qaeda and their Israeli shadows.

Special Agent Dick, who worked closely with O'Neill, had discovered a
troubling ring of Israeli movers operating in the New York and New
Jersey areas. Furthermore, some of these Israelis not only had
connections with Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies but
were also shadowing Arab and Muslims that had been under investigation
as potential terrorist cells. But the Israelis were acting
independently and there was no effort made to inform the FBI or local
police of any intelligence they were obtaining on their targets.

Further frustrating Dick's counter-espionage activities against the
Israelis was the fact that they were using communications methods that
made it almost impossible to conduct communications surveillance: they
used Verizon pre-paid cell phones, two-way Nextel walkie-talkies, and
Internet cafes.

At the same time, the DEA had discovered a nationwide ring of Israeli
"art students," many of whom had past connections to Israeli
intelligence and military demolition units, were operating in and
around New York and New Jersey. What the DEA did not realize was that
the art students were also shadowing the very same Arab cells that
would later carry out the 911 attacks.

And the DEA had become aware of a drug connection between the
Russian-Israeli Mafia in Colombia and the globe trotting Saudi Prince
Nayif al Saud. The DEA's Operation Millennium was directed against
this network, which largely took down most of the network in June 1999,
when 808 kilograms of cocaine were seized in Paris. Later the DEA, in
June 2000, the DEA declassified a "SECRET DEA-6" report from the
DEA's BCO (Bogota Country Office) so that the PCO (Paris Country
Office) could share the intelligence on Saudi cocaine smuggling
operations with the Paris police. The DEA and French law enforcement
had compiled tons of evidence that Prince Nayif was transporting
cocaine to support some major event.

The DEA report stated that Nayif stated that Allah had authorized him
to sell drugs and that later his reason for selling the drugs would
become known. It is significant that Nayif did not use alcohol, tobacco
or drugs. Nayif claimed diplomatic immunity and the Saudi government
threatened France and the Clinton administration with withholding
lucrative contracts if they pursued their prince. Because of
O'Neill's close contacts with DEA, this intelligence would have
been made known to him as well. The Saudi cocaine smuggling network
involved organized crime elements tied to the Russian-Israeli Mafia in
Miami; Medellin, Colombia; Marbella and Barcelona, Spain; Venezuela;
Geneva; and the Netherlands. According to the DEA report, Nayif
fathered a child with a woman named Doris Salazar, a Colombian national
residing in Miami. The report also states that an organized crime
figure only identified as "Pepe," a Cuban American who ran a
"large section of the Miami Port" and who came to Florida during
the 1978 Mariel boat lift, was involved with Nayif in "protecting
narcotic shipments upon arrival in the Miami port." The declassified
SECRET DEA-6 report contains the names of a number of cooperating
witnesses in the investigation of Nayif and the cocaine smuggling
network and the author takes seriously the statement in the document:
"Protect identities of the cooperating defendants."

The DEA originally became interested in the Israelis because they
suspected they were involved in an Israeli Mafia Ecstasy smuggling
ring. However, it soon became clear that the DEA had stumbled across
something much larger - not only were DEA offices and homes of DEA
agents around the country being cased by the Israelis, but they were
also targeting Federal judges, U.S. Marshals, Environmental Protection
Agency law enforcement officers, and FBI agents for surveillance.

It also became clear to the DEA that the Israeli art students were also
involved with certain Colombians. On March 22, 2002, at the Oak Hills
Apartment Complex in Irving, Texas, DEA agents arrested Israeli art
student Dahan Eldad, along with Elsa Beatriz Africano-Leon, a Colombian
national. On March 27, DEA agents arrested four other Israelis in the
same apartment complex, including Aran Ofek, who said his father was a
retired Israeli army two-star general. A $10,000 bond for another
arrested Israeli, Michal Gal, was placed by Ophir Baer, an employee of
Israeli telecommunications firm AMDOCS, Inc., a firm with operational
access to the telephones being used by FBI agents John O'Neill,
Michael Dick, and the DEA agents involved in tracking the Saudi/Mafia
cocaine shipments being used to support various terrorist and
intelligence cells in the United States and abroad.

On April 11, 2001, a DEA agent and a Fredericksburg, Virginia policeman
questioned two female Israeli "art student" nationals at the
shopping center in Fredericksburg. The passport for Yael Gavish
contained some interesting entry/exit visas: 13 December 2000, entry
into Bogota, Colombia and 5 February 2001, exit visa from Bogota. In
addition, on 5 February there was a possible entry visa for Panama,
which was followed by a 9 March 2001 entry visa in New York City.
Gavish's colleague Meirav Balhams had a New York State identity card
listing her address as 354 Paterson Plank Rd., Jersey City, New Jersey.
An FBI 9-11 suspect list dated February 22, 2002 lists Dominik Suter,
along with an Ornit Levinson, a.k.a., Omit Suter, with an address of
312 Pavonia Avenue, Jersey City. Dominik Suter was the head of Urban
Moving Systems of nearby Weehawken, the base of operations for two
white vans with the same rear license plate that were seen parked at
the Doric Apartments (near Patterson Plank Road) and at Liberty State
Park at the same time the first plane struck the North Tower of the
World Trade Center. The occupants of both vans, all Israelis, were seen
celebrating the attack while dressed in Arab garb. Five Israelis in one
of the vans were later arrested by the local police and FBI near Giant
Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey in the late afternoon of
September 11.

O'Neill's FBI colleague, Mike Dick, aggressively investigated this
Israeli ring before and after 911. But like O'Neill, he soon found
himself removed from his duties on the orders of the then-head of the
Justice Department's Criminal Division Michael Chertoff. Dick was
very suspicious when Israeli movers quickly moved Zim American Israeli
Shipping Company out of its 10,000 square feet of office space on the
17th Floor of the North Tower of the World Trade Center. The partially
Israeli state-owned firm forfeited a $50,000 security deposit when it
terminated its lease and vacated the building one week prior to 911.
According to a non official cover (NOC) CIA source who worked with
Dick, Israeli movers moved explosives into the 17th Floor office space
after Zim moved out.

After 911, Dick as well as the CIA NOC were harassed by their superiors
on orders "from above." Those orders came from Chertoff. Dick was
first relieved of his primary counter-espionage duties, eventually sent
to Pakistan to investigate the kidnapping of Wall Street Journal
reporter Daniel Pearl, and eventually buried in a desk job at FBI
headquarters in Washington, DC. According to the CIA source, Pearl was
murdered because he was getting too close to the money trail that
financed 911. The CIA source said, "the same group that beheaded
Pearl in Pakistan did the beheadings in Iraq." The source added that
the beheadings were "not Al Qaeda."

The CIA source, who emphasized his past Republican credentials,
emphasized that Al Qaeda was merely a "list" of arms dealers,
mercenaries, drug dealers, financiers, and terrorists used by the CIA
and Saudis during the Afghan Mujaheddin War against the Soviets. The
source also iterated that all the 911 hijackers had fake IDs. During a
joint CIA-FBI operation against lead hijacker Mohammed Atta in Fort
Lee, New Jersey in 2000, the CIA and FBI team leaders complained to
their superiors that their operation was being photographed by Israeli
agents, thus compromising the operation. The CIA source affirmed that
the Israelis in New Jersey were providing cover for the future hijacker
teams.

It was not the first run-in by the CIA operative with the Israelis. He
once caught a senior U.S. diplomat with close ties to Israel taking
bribes from Moroccan government officials to write favorable reports on
Morocco's continued control over disputed and oil and mineral rich
Western Sahara. Attempts to follow the diplomat's laundered money
were rebuffed by Madeleine Albright's State Department.

The problems at the top of the CIA and FBI, said the source, existed
since the Russian/Soviet spies Aldrich Ames and Robert Hanssen were
able to penetrate the top levels of both agencies. "They got there
with help," said the source.

O'Neill decided that because his own agency was stymieing his own
investigative leads, he relied on DEA to handle his most sensitive
inquiries and communications. Although DEA memos later suggested that
Israeli telecommunications companies, under contract to the Justice
Department, may have penetrated sensitive DEA communications as part of
an intelligence operation, O'Neill was sure that his communications
at the FBI were totally compromised and forced to rely on the DEA
because of both internal political pressure from the FBI and Justice
Department leadership and his fear that his communications were being
wiretapped.

O'Neill also relied on French intelligence to obtain wiretap
information on Al Qaeda cells. O'Neill was certain that the Saudi
government and oil industry-centric members of the Bush administration
were behind the Al Qaeda network. He was also aware of repeated
negotiations between U.S. oil companies like UNOCAL and Halliburton and
Taliban representatives dating back to 1996, the same year the Khobar
Towers were bombed by the Taliban's Al Qaeda wards. Although those
negotiations ceased after the 1998 embassy bombings in Africa, they
began again in earnest after George W. Bush became president.

O'Neill had discovered that some of his Al Qaeda targets were
involved in some very un-Islamic fundamentalist activities, including
drug smuggling, teenage prostitution, and blood diamond dealing. The
financial trail led O'Neill to a network of bank accounts in London,
Dubai, the Isle of Man, Guernsey, and Jersey. The network investigated
coincided exactly with the activities being carried out by the
Russian-Israeli Mafia and its links to diamond, drug, and weapons
dealers that was especially active in New York and Florida. The future
911 hijackers and their Israeli "shadows" had more than living in
the same neighborhoods and frequenting the same bars, video rental
stores, and rental mailbox stores in common.

***

On October 12, 2000, the USS Cole, docked in Aden harbor after the U.S.
Navy deemed the port safe and certified it as a Defense Fuel Support
Point, was reportedly blown up by two men who approached the warship in
a small boat. The men were said to be Al Qaeda members from the bin
Laden family homeland in Hadhramaut, a remote region in the east of
Yemen straddling the Yemeni-Saudi border. Later, groups called the Army
of Mohammed and the Army of Aden-Abyan claimed responsibility for the
attack but these claims were reported through obscure sources in
London.

O'Neill and his FBI soon arrived in Yemen to investigate the crime.
>From the outset, O'Neill received a cold shoulder from the U.S.
ambassador to Yemen Barbara Bodine (the Deputy Chief of Mission in
Kuwait before Desert Storm and the U.S. viceroy for central Iraq after
the U.S. occupation). Bodine's orders to limit the scope of
O'Neill's investigation came from Secretary of State Madeleine
Albright, whose father Dr. Joseph Korbel, a neo-con anti-Soviet
professor, was the mentor for one of his students at the University of
Denver - Condoleeezza Rice. O'Neill was not permitted to interview
Yemenis who witnessed the Cole explosion. O'Neill was not permitted
to examine the hat worn by one of the bombers in the boat nor was he
allowed to examine the harbor sludge for evidence.

O'Neill was soon pulled out of Yemen and Bodine refused him and his
team permission to re-enter the country. O'Neill was getting too
close to something. In February, 2001, after Yemen's Interior
Minister Hussein Mohammed Arab made a statement that there was no
evidence linking the Cole bombing to Al Qaeda ("Investigations have not
so far proved, either to us or to the Americans, any link between Osama
bin Laden and the Cole bombing."), the Bush administration showed no
desire to find out who actually bombed the ship. They were too busy
clearing the baffles for the Iraq invasion and their other agendas.

In early 2001, rumors began circulating that O'Neill would take over
White House Counter-terrorism coordinator Richard Clarke's job at the
National Security Council. Clarke had been one of the few holdovers
from the Clinton to Bush administrations. Suddenly, the story about the
90 minute theft of O'Neill's brief case was leaked to the New York
Times, even though the Justice Department had long before dropped its
own investigation of the incident. Although the FBI continued its own
investigation of the brief case incident, it prevented an investigation
of the leak of the O'Neill incident to the media.

On August 22, O'Neill retired from 30 years' service with the FBI.
The next day, he began his job as Security Director for the World Trade
Center. His office was on the 34th Floor of the North Tower of the
Trade Center. O'Neill's building was the first one hit on September
11. He died while trying to save people in the South Tower, the second
building hit by the hijackers.

***

A joint CIA-FBI computer system, code named "Alex," was entirely
focused on Bin Laden's network. A unit at Langley, called "Station
Alex," was established in 1995. It began to detect that "Al
Qaeda" was actually a diversified financial, drug smuggling, arms
smuggling, and diamond smuggling network with tentacles in over 60
countries around the world. And, as with any large criminal syndicate,
it had ties with legitimate companies such as banks, hawalahs, and
religious charities, but also with criminal enterprises, including the
Russian-Israeli, Latin American, and Balkans Mafias. This first step at
coordinating the efforts of the CIA and FBI in combating Al Qaeda was
successful. The FBI lead Alex agent was John O'Neill. His CIA
counterpart was Michael Scheuer, who would later abruptly leave Langley
upset that the threat posed by Al Qaeda was not being taken more
seriously by the Bush administration. Scheuer's worries mirrored
those of O'Neill in the months before he was killed at the World
Trade Center. As O'Neill got closer to those who would be behind
911, he found himself locked out of the Alex computer system. His
access authorization had been pulled by higher authority. Eventually,
Alex, like its counterpart, Able Danger, would be shut down by the Bush
administration.

Foreign intelligence agencies would prove more useful than either the
CIA or FBI in tracking leads on Al Qaeda and other terrorist threats
against the West. The French, who had a long history of problems with
Islamist terrorists dating from its Algerian War, had tremendous assets
who had penetrated both the Taliban and Al Qaeda. A Confidential
"French Eyes Only" DGSE intelligence document dated January 9,
2001, which was written about terrorist activities at the Al Qaeda
training camp at Darounta, Afghanistan, bolsters what a CIA source
reported about the October 2000 attack on the USS Cole. O'Neill was
particularly interested in doing a DNA analysis of the hat worn by one
of the so-called suicide bombers in the small boat that pulled
alongside the Cole. He also wanted to conduct an explosives analysis of
the mud beneath the ship.

The Cole was at THREATCON (threat condition) BRAVO, which means that
its crew was on alert for suspicious approaching craft. One of the
security detail aboard the Cole said he was under the impression that
the small boat was a harbor services craft used to assist in garbage
disposal and other routine operations.

The classified French intelligence report concludes that there was
never a link between Al Qaeda units trained in Afghanistan for
amphibious operations against ships and the attack on the Cole. This
begs the question: if Al Qaeda did not bomb the Cole (as affirmed by
the Yemeni prime minister), who did?

The following is from the French intelligence report:

"A group of Arab nationals, whose nationality is undetermined, were
trained in amphibious operations at Darounta at the end of 1999 under
the command of a Yemeni. In addition, in January 2000, a project to
attack an American destroyer in Aden failed due to a lack of
preparation. Finally, in February 2000, a group comprising 10 Yemenis
had arrived in Darounta. Until May 2000, they were trained in using
explosives supplied by Abou Khabab before they were sent to Jordan and
Yemen.

No proof exists to connect these elements to the attack on the
destroyer USS Cole perpetrated on October 12, 2000, but the American
intelligence service has rapidly attempted information on Abou Khebab
after the attack.

Finally, for what concerns France, it has been established that several
French Islamists implicated in the attacks of 1995 and 1996 traveled to
Afghan camps. Among them appear former Bosnian combatants like Joseph
Jaime and David Vallat, and especially Farid Mellouk, who, in 1995,
attended a training course in explosives at Darounta. Investigated by
French police, he was arrested on 5 March 1998 in Belgium. A search
resulted in the seizure of explosives, various types of detonators,
potassium cyanide, and different written notes similar to the
information in the course run at Darounta.

Excepting the Maghrebian enclave, the training given at Darounta, for a
duration of about 2 months, principally concerned the making of
explosives for the use by terrorists. This instruction, originally
provided at Khalden camp in Paktia, was transferred during 1995, on the
order of Ibu Cheikh, to Darounta after their break from the control of
the special services of certain countries, notably the United States
and United Kingdom."

The classified report also gives some background on Abou Khebab:
"Abou Khebab - Egyptian. He is identified in March 1999 by the CIA
as the person in charge of training the Islamists associated with Osama
bin Laden in the manufacture and use of chemicals and biological
weapons. According to Egyptian intelligence, he was in Yemen in June
1999 and makes frequent trips to Pakistan."

Given O'Neill's close ties to French intelligence, he would have
been aware of the cold trail the French had linking Al Qaeda to the
Cole bombing. He would have also been aware of the CIA's bird dogging
of Abou Khebab between Yemen and Pakistan. So, if the Yemeni prime
minister and the French are correct, who bombed the Cole?

The former CIA agent who worked with the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task
Force in New York and New Jersey stated that the USS Cole was hit by a
specially-configured Popeye cruise missile launched from an Israeli
Dolphin-class submarine. Israeli tests of the missile in May 2000 in
the waters off Sri Lanka demonstrated it could hit a target 930 miles
away. The ex-CIA agent also stated that Ambassador Bodine threw John
O'Neill and his team out of Yemen lest their investigation began
uncovering evidence that the Cole was not blown up by an
explosive-laden boat but by an Israeli cruise missile.

The former CIA agent said the reason for the Israeli attack was to
further galvanize U.S. public opinion against both Al Qaeda and the
Democrats in the weeks prior to the 2000 presidential elections. The
Bush-Cheney team could blame the Democrats for not taking the Al Qaeda
threat seriously. However, this is exactly the tact the Bush
administration took after taking office: failure to support the
CIA-FBI's Alex Station, pressuring John O'Neill and other agents
like Minneapolis agent Coleen Rowley and others across the nation who
detected activity involving Arab flight students, and pulling the plug
on a major data mining operation directed against Al Qaeda code named
Able Danger, which was being jointly run by the DIA and the Special
Operations Command.

***

The French discovery of a Bosnian connection to two of its nationals at
Darounta is noteworthy. The Muslim operation in the Balkans was largely
supported by official (CIA, DIA, and Special Operations) U.S.
assistance but also by unofficial help. This was mainly carried out by
private military contractors like MPRI and financial support networks
like the Bosnia Defense Fund, established in the mid-1990s at a Riggs
Bank account in Washington, DC. The principal movers behind the Bosnian
Defense Fund were Richard Perle and Douglas Feith. In fact, Feith's
law firm, Feith and Zell (FANZ) set up the Bosnia Defense Fund.
According to a former Riggs legal adviser, when objections were raised
about the hundreds of millions of dollars collected from such countries
as Saudi Arabia, Brunei, Malaysia, the UAE, Iran, Jordan, and Egypt
that were being detected by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
(FINCEN) being sent from Washington to Sarajevo, Bosnia, and reports
that there was "spillage" of these funds into the hands of Al Qaeda
units in the country, Perle's response at one contentious meeting
was, "just make it fucking happen."

After 911, Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill attempted to pressure
banks and other financial institutions in Dubai and Saudi Arabia to
provide records of past and ongoing Al Qaeda financial transactions.
According to a former auditor with the Central Bank of the United Arab
Emirates, during a trip by O'Neill in March 2002, the UAE and Saudi
officials shook O'Neill's hand, smiled at him, and offered to
assist. However, they soon put pressure on the Bush administration,
including several leading neo-cons who knew the stakes of such
disclosures, to force Paul O'Neill out. Later that year, in December,
Bush forced O'Neill to resign. A November 29, 2001 letter from
Treasury Department General Counsel David D. Aufhauser to Swiss
Procurator General Claude Nicati described the measures the Treasury
Department was taking against a major Al Qaeda financier named Yassin
A. Kadi. However, that particular thread intersected with activities by
Islamist guerrillas in Bosnia, and that was a threat to certain neocon
elements who had established a Bosnian support fund in the 1990s that
involved the same financial support networks that supported Al Qaeda.
In fact, Al Qaeda units were active in Bosnia during the civil war. And
those units were partly supported by the Bosnia Defense Fund
established by Perle and Feith.

According to the Aufhauser letter to his Swiss counterpart, "Mr. Kadi
has acknowledged in a number of press accounts that he is the founder
of the Muwafaq, or "Blessed Relief" Foundation. He is identified in
legal records as 'Chairman' of the foundation. The leader of the
terrorist organization Al-Gama'at Al-Islamiya, Tala Fuad Kassem, has
said that the Muwafaq Foundation provided logistical and financial
support for a mujahadin battalion in Bosnia. The foundation also
operated in Sudan, Somalia, and Pakistan, among other places." The
letter continued, "Muhammad Ali Harrath, main activist of the
Tunisian Islamic Front (TIF) in the United Kingdom, was associated with
Muwafaq personnel in Bosnia and other TIF members worked at the Muwafaq
Foundation."

Paul O'Neill was too aggressive against the Saudi and global organized
crime terrorist money movers. It got him fired.

The Treasury Department, in its efforts to track down past money flows
to Al Qaeda, had undoubtedly come across those Riggs Bank transfers to
Sarajevo and hence to Al Qaeda in the 1990s. And the 2.5 terabytes of
data collected by the Able Danger team on Al Qaeda also undoubtedly
included FINCEN, SWIFT, and other banking and wire transfer data. And
that pointed not only to people like Yassin Kadi but also to the Bosnia
Defense Fund of Perle and Feith. More the reason to obstruct Paul
O'Neill's earnest money tracking efforts. Soon, O'Neill and
Aufhauser would be bounced out of Treasury and replaced with more
"agreeable" people to fight the "global war on terrorism."

Aufhauser's letter ends with a troubling conclusion about Albania and
Bosnia, the two countries that received support from the neo-cons in
the Clinton and Bush administrations and which have surfaced in recent
disclosures in Italy about ties between the Pentagon's own
intelligence unit and Al Qaeda-affiliated operatives in Italy who had
been liaisons between the Americans and Islamist fighters in the
Balkans: "When a region becomes more settled, such as Bosnia or
Albania today, seemingly legitimate businesses replace charitable
foundations as cover for continuing terrorist organizational activity.
Mr. Kadi's actions and those of his Muwafiq Foundation and businesses
fit this pattern and give rise to a reasonable basis to believe that
they have facilitated terrorist activities."

***

By the end of 2000, DIA, CIA, and NSA had compiled quite a dossier on
Al Qaeda and its activities. Yet, the political leadership of the
outgoing Clinton administration was more interested in not rocking the
boat before leaving for the private sector and the incoming Bush
administration officials were already making it known that they wanted
to see intelligence that conformed with its political dogma. After the
neo-cons nested in the Pentagon, the use of DIA and NSA to produce
cooked intelligence became policy. Similar pressure would soon be
brought to bear on the CIA, State Department, FBI, and National
Security Council.

Post-911, the FBI insisted that Mohammed Atta did not arrive in the
United States for the first time until 2000. However, Able Danger
placed him in the United States as early as 1999. In addition, FBI
Farsi, Azeri, and Turkish translator Sibel Edmonds discovered further
evidence that "Al Qaeda" was tied up with drug dealers operating
from Afghanistan to Turkey and into the Balkans, including Albania and
Kosovo, the nexus for Al Qaeda activity. The drug connection to Al
Qaeda was never investigated by the 911 Commission. Past U.S. official
and unofficial support for the Albanian and Bosnian Al Qaeda and other
terror cells would become highlighted. The neo-con connection to those
elements was also problematic. Edmonds was fired by the FBI and faced
the same recriminations as John O'Neill, Coleen Rowley, and dozens of
other intelligence and law enforcement agents who did detect that
something on the scale of 911 was about to occur. Allegations by the
CIA director Porter Goss, his successor as House Permanent Select
Committee on Intelligence Chairman Peter Hoekstra, the 911 Commission,
and others that the U.S. Intelligence Community failed the nation on
911 are convenient charges designed to draw attention away from the
involvement of senior Bush and Clinton administration officials in
laying the groundwork for the attack: the closing down of various
intelligence operations, the firing of key officials, and allowing
classified information to leak to countries like Saudi Arabia,
Pakistan, Israel, and Turkey.

In the course of its data trawling, which commenced in 1999, Able
Danger grabbed some astounding data. According to DIA source, evidence
was uncovered of secret deals between then-Stanford University Provost
and Chevron director Condoleezza Rice and the government of China.
After former DIA analyst Russ Tice reported the possible presence of a
Chinese agent inside DIA, he was abruptly fired from his highly
classified position at his next agency, the NSA. At the same time, a
top Chinese analyst at DIA, who was responsible for taking care of his
elderly parents, strangely committed suicide. Almost simultaneously, a
highly-cleared Chinese-American Air Force officer stationed at Offutt
Air Force Base outside of Omaha, Nebraska, also committed suicide,
however, no suicide note or body were ever recovered. In November 2003,
similar strange suicides plagued the State Department, NSA, and CIA
communities as intelligence was being cooked to support the war against
Iraq. Tice, a veteran like John O'Neill of operations in Yemen
following the USS Cole bombing, was reassigned to the NSA motor pool
and later run through a series of humiliating and demoralizing
Kafkaesque hearings and panels run by a combination of NSA's draconian
Security Directorate and NSA's subservient psychological assessment
unit.

Life in today's U.S. Intelligence Community: Suicide is commonplace

After the U.S. Army's Land Information Warfare Activity (LIWA) and
its contractor Orion Scientific pulled out of Able Danger, most of the
work was conducted between DIA's TWI-2 (Trans World Information
Warfare) support (Computer Technologies) division, code named Stratus
Ivy, and Raytheon, a company with close links to the U.S. intelligence
community. TWI-1 is DIA's Special Activities Trans World Information
Warfare support group, which liaised with the Able Danger group. It was
during Phase II of Able Danger, the phase that primarily relied on
Raytheon support, that the Chinese connection to Rice was uncovered. It
is uncertain what Able Danger and another DIA program code named
Doorhawk Galley may have uncovered on the Mohammed Atta cells around
the country, their affiliation with Israeli movers and art students,
and other terrorist plans, but the revelations of Able Danger have
resulted in the revocation of the security clearance, based on trumped
up charges, of Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer, the key person involved in the
programs to track Al Qaeda prior to 911. The revelations have also
likely spelled the end of any further DIA data mining programs that
could embarrass the Bush administration and its Israeli and Saudi
allies. These include Able Danger's proposed successor Able
Provenance and its data base Kimberlite Magic.

Those who knew too much: John O'Neill, Lt. Col Anthony Shaffer, Sibel
Edmonds, and Paul O'Neill. All were victims of baffle clearing by the
neo-cons.

***

Another group that was getting close to Russian-Israeli Mafia
involvement with the so-called Al Qaeda network was the CIA's Counter
Proliferation Division. Working through Operations Directorate and
clandestine case officers and non-official cover personnel, the CIA
began to discover links between Al Qaeda, Pakistan's Inter Service
Intelligence (ISI), Pakistani nuclear weapons smuggler and top nuclear
physicist A. Q. Khan, and a Russian-Israeli-Turkish nuclear component
smuggling ring that involved illegal exports from the former Soviet
states, the United States, South Africa, and Malaysia to Pakistan,
Iran, Libya, Saudi Arabia, and North Korea.

The secret deals to traffic in weapons of mass destruction, if
revealed, would expose certain key figures in the Bush administration.
Therefore, it had to be cut off at the knees. The White House
revelations about a CIA NOC front company, Brewster Jennings and
Associates and one of its under cover agents, not only served to attack
anti-Iraq war opponents but also effectively rolled up the covert
operation and took the heat off of certain political and financial
middlemen who worked for or were close to the administration,
especially within Dick Cheney's office and Donald Rumsfeld's
Pentagon. Chief among these were I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby,
Cheney's chief of staff, and Douglas Feith.

It was not the first time that a CIA NOC company had been exposed as a
result of the penetration of the U.S. intelligence by a foreign
government. According to a former CIA officer, Synergistics
Technologies, Inc., described as a CIA front, had been exposed after
Israeli intelligence had broken U.S. and NATO encryption codes during
Desert Storm. The firm's covert activities with post-Soviet Russian
television networks, the European Broadcasting Union, and the Regional
Security Officer at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow were laid wide open.
That compromise of U.S. intelligence with the Israelis would not be the
first. Air Force Colonel Larry Franklin was indicted for passing
classified information to the pro-Israeli organization, the American
Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Since Franklin agreed to a
plea bargain with the government, it is expected that the case may
target additional officials and consultants of the Bush administration.

***

The clearing of the baffles by senior officials of the Bush and Clinton
administrations in preparation for their defining moment of a "new
Pearl Harbor" has resulted in the virtual destruction of America's
ability to adequately collect intelligence and honestly analyze its
importance. The corridors of the FBI, NSA, DIA, CIA, State Department,
Treasury, and other agencies are littered with the broken careers and
dead bodies of dedicated intelligence and law enforcement officers.
There are a number of cases in which career and conscientious
intelligence and law enforcement officials have abruptly lost their
jobs -- some for showing undesirable independence and free thinking,
others for merely knowing too much about who knew what and when about
911.

The neo-cons have done to the U.S. Intelligence Community what
Hurricane Katrina did to the Gulf Coast and New Orleans. America has
never been weaker. Rather than creating a "New American Century," the
neo-cons have created a new global "Dark Age" of fear and constant war.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 11:56:39 AM10/3/05
"acceptable in that situation would be determined by the people in that

relationship, not by some self appointed moral majority"

A contract is a contract, regardless of what a moral minority or
majority thinks about the activities that breach the contract.

As the POTUS and the chief law enforcement officer of this nation, he
is held to a much higher standard than the average John Q. Public. Of
course you knew that, you're just letting bling partisanship cloud your
judgment.

The bogeyman of the Left, Halliburton, has been doing business since
1919 and is accomplishing what a good company is supposed to do, make
money. If Dick Cheney's name weren't attached to it you wouldn't even
know what it was. But because paranoid losers like Michael Moore et al
make a big deal about it, you get your knickers in a twist, too.
Halliburton has become a hackneyed buzzword for you clowns and its
laughable. You are laughable as well because you yak yak yak and our
country rolls on despite what you have to say. You only oppose the
hoovering because it isn't YOU doing the hoovering. You're a resentful
little have-not prole with no real capital and power, so you tear down
those that do.

Why do you think we spend money on defense? To let it sit around and
rust? Military VOLUNTEERS know they will be possibly asked to risk
their lives, or did you forget that part?

The number of casualties in Gulf II pales in comparison to past wars.
We used to lose 2000 in a couple months, not a couple years. That's a
very good and acceptable number.

Freedom and liberty was never ensured without spilling blood. Our
soldiers know that. It's too bad you and your America hating comrades
don't.

dsten...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 12:00:56 PM10/3/05
what was already being written in the fall of 2001 --

http://www.inthesetimes.com/issue/25/25/feature3.shtml

QUESTIONABLE TIES

Tracking bin Laden's money flow leads back to Midland, Texas

by Wayne Madsen

On September 24, President George W. Bush appeared at a press
conference in the White House Rose Garden to announce a crackdown on
the financial networks of terrorists and those who support them.
"U.S. banks that have assets of these groups or individuals must
freeze their accounts," Bush declared. "And U.S. citizens or
businesses are prohibited from doing business with them."

But the president, who is now enjoying an astounding 92 percent
approval rating, hasn't always practiced what he is now preaching:
Bush's own businesses were once tied to financial figures in Saudi
Arabia who currently support bin Laden.

In 1979, Bush's first business, Arbusto Energy, obtained financing
from James Bath, a Houstonian and close family friend. One of many
investors, Bath gave Bush $50,000 for a 5 percent stake in Arbusto. At
the time, Bath was the sole U.S. business representative for Salem bin
Laden, head of the wealthy Saudi Arabian family and a brother (one of
17) to Osama bin Laden. It has long been suspected, but never proven,
that the Arbusto money came directly from Salem bin Laden. In a
statement issued shortly after the September 11 attacks, the White
House vehemently denied the connection, insisting that Bath invested
his own money, not Salem bin Laden's, in Arbusto.

In conflicting statements, Bush at first denied ever knowing Bath, then
acknowledged his stake in Arbusto and that he was aware Bath
represented Saudi interests. In fact, Bath has extensive ties, both to
the bin Laden family and major players in the scandal-ridden Bank of
Commerce and Credit International (BCCI) who have gone on to fund Osama
bin Laden. BCCI defrauded depositors of $10 billion in the '80s in
what has been called the "largest bank fraud in world financial
history" by former Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau.
During the '80s, BCCI also acted as a main conduit for laundering
money intended for clandestine CIA activities, ranging from financial
support to the Afghan mujahedin to paying intermediaries in the
Iran-Contra affair.

When Salem bin Laden died in 1988, powerful Saudi Arabian banker and
BCCI principal Khalid bin Mahfouz inherited his interests in Houston.
Bath ran a business for bin Mahfouz in Houston and joined a partnership
with bin Mahfouz and Gaith Pharaon, BCCI's frontman in Houston's
Main Bank.

The Arbusto deal wasn't the last time Bush looked to highly
questionable sources to invest in his oil dealings. After several
incarnations, Arbusto emerged in 1986 as Harken Energy Corporation.
When Harken ran into trouble a year later, Saudi Sheik Abdullah Taha
Bakhsh purchased a 17.6 percent stake in the company. Bakhsh was a
business partner with Pharaon in Saudi Arabia; his banker there just
happened to be bin Mahfouz.

Though Bush told the Wall Street Journal he had "no idea" BCCI was
involved in Harken's financial dealings, the network of connections
between Bush and BCCI is so extensive that the Journal concluded their
investigation of the matter in 1991 by stating: "The number of
BCCI-connected people who had dealings with Harken-all since George
W. Bush came on board-raises the question of whether they mask an
effort to cozy up to a presidential son." Or even the president: Bath
finally came under investigation by the FBI in 1992 for his Saudi
business relationships, accused of funneling Saudi money through
Houston in order to influence the foreign policies of the Reagan and
first Bush administrations.

Worst of all, bin Mahfouz allegedly has been financing the bin Laden
terrorist network-making Bush a U.S. citizen who has done business
with those who finance and support terrorists. According to USA Today,
bin Mahfouz and other Saudis attempted to transfer $3 million to
various bin Laden front operations in Saudi Arabia in 1999. ABC News
reported the same year that Saudi officials stopped bin Mahfouz from
contributing money directly to bin Laden. (Bin Mahfouz's sister is
also a wife of Osama bin Laden, a fact that former CIA Director James
Woolsey revealed in 1998 Senate testimony.)

When President Bush announced he is hot on the trail of the money used
over the years to finance terrorism, he must realize that trail
ultimately leads not only to Saudi Arabia, but to some of the same
financiers who originally helped propel him into the oil business and
later the White House. The ties between bin Laden and the White House
may be much closer than he is willing to acknowledge.

Wayne Madsen, an investigative journalist based in Washington, is the
author of Genocide and Covert Operations in Africa 1993-1999.

Wilbur Slice

Oct 3, 2005, 12:09:04 PM10/3/05
On 3 Oct 2005 08:48:31 -0700, "SilkUpholsteredChair"
<trea...@aol.com> wrote:

>> Bernie Woodham wrote:
>

>> I can't recall a time when a President pardoned himself. "Excuse me?"
>> However, if he tried to do something like that, (and I don't believe he
>> would), he would definitely go down as the most corrupt President the US has
>> ever had. So, I'd love to see him attempt that.
>

>Whoa! Hold yer horses. Do you seriously mean to tell me that if you
>personally knew you were being set up, framed, falsely accused and so
>forth, and you had the power to pardon yourself, you'd take jail? Wow.
> Wait a minute...are you...yes!..you are! You're really Judith Miller.

Well, you're right, I suppose, if you were being set up and framed.
But that's not the case here, anyway. Even if it WERE true, it's
still probably not a good idea to pardon yourself, because it would be
a tacit admission of guilt (even if you were not guilty), and you
would STILL go down in history as the most corrupt president ever.

That's what's so admirable about Bill Clinton - he was set up and
framed every which way, but he stood up and fought back, and he won.
He defended the constitution and the US form of government and the
American way of life in the face of scurrilous, unprincipled, cynical,
vicious attacks by some of the most hypocritical scumbags in US
politics, and he beat them. He could have just pardoned himself, but
that would not have been the Right Thing To Do.

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 12:31:22 PM10/3/05
"That's what's so admirable about Bill Clinton - he was set up and
framed every which way"

Right, wilbur, someone framed him into shooting his load onto
Lewinsky's dress. Someone framed him into lying under oath in the paula
jones case, too, right?

For supposedly being such an "intelligent man" (according to the daft
college student lone pilgrim), you sure are rather clueless when it
comes to recalling facts.

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 1:01:12 PM10/3/05
"and he won."

He won? He was impeached and disbarred. Again, for such an "intelligent
man' you're glaringly clueless about the facts.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 2:26:04 PM10/3/05

> On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 03:31:18 GMT, "Bernie Woodham"
> <birnh...@insightbb.com> wrote:
>

>>"Julius" <gm...@angelfire.com> wrote in message
>>> "Bush would be the second president that would actually deserved
>>> impeachment.
>>> Andrew Johnson was the first."
>>>
>>> Like you were around in the 1860s to really know the dynamics of his
>>> impreachment trial.
>>>
>>Perhaps I didn't know the dynamics of the trial, but history let's us know
>>the reasons he was impeached to begin with. And the reasons were good.
>
> Not really. That impeachment was just a political maneuver like the
> Clinton impeachment.

The back story is about Johnson undermining Congress's attempts at
reconstruction. Johnson was downright deceptive in his tactics in thwarting
the will of Congress. Johnson set black progress back years. Johnson was a
southerner and a racist. He was a democrat who only attained the office
through the death of a Republican president. And he then used the office to
work against the Republican Congress.

So, perhaps the impeachment itself was maneuvering, but Johnson certainly
caused a lot of the animosity that led to his impeachment. I believe he
deserved it.

This is very UNLIKE the Clinton impeachment. Which was just dragging the guy
down out of personal animosity.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 2:32:42 PM10/3/05

> "That's what's so admirable about Bill Clinton - he was set up and
> framed every which way"
>
> Right, wilbur, someone framed him into shooting his load onto
> Lewinsky's dress. Someone framed him into lying under oath in the paula
> jones case, too, right?

Julius, you are hilarious. I have never read a post that cracked me up like
this one. This is so funny. You should get off of RMD and hit the comedy
clubs.

Message has been deleted

handlevandal

Oct 3, 2005, 3:01:09 PM10/3/05

oh crap - i thought this might turn into a decent discourse, but since
you've already reverted to the orthodoxical practices of name calling
and pigeonholing i can see that we've already passed any possible
intelligent comments from you - no reason to waste any more of my time
or yours for that matter

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 4:22:07 PM10/3/05
you violated the tenets of decent discourse when you initially
responded with such lame brained reasoning and ridiculous assertions
that read right from the Bush hater's playbook. You expect me to
respect that?

An "intelligent" comment to you prances around the issue with kid
gloves like we're at the cottilion ball doing the box step. I go for
the jugular because I lack the patience to be kind to people who think
from a leftist perspective.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 5:05:20 PM10/3/05

> I go for
> the jugular because I lack the patience to be kind to people who think
> from a leftist perspective.

In other words you're an intolerant bigot.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 5:17:31 PM10/3/05

> Wilbur Slice wrote:
>

>> That's what's so admirable about Bill Clinton -
>

> This might be the first time that the word, admirable and the name, BC
> have ever been seriously used in the same sentence. Well, to each his
> own.

Perhaps. But I believe if the constitution did not limit him to two terms,
Clinton could have run for President in 2000 and would have easily won the
Presidency for a third time.

Of all former Presidents still living, Clinton is the President whose
viewpoints are most valued. I think his viewpoints are given greater weight
than the current President's.

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 5:58:03 PM10/3/05
"Clinton is the President whose
viewpoints are most valued. I think his viewpoints are given greater
weight
than the current President's."

To liberals, sure, not to any conservatives, that's for sure.

And to suggest he could have been reelected in 2000 after the
impeachment is a laughable notion, bernie. You should be the one doing
the stand-up act!

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 5:59:13 PM10/3/05
just like many people on the left, bernie. It's no different. An eye
for an eye.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 6:45:10 PM10/3/05

"Julius" <gm...@angelfire.com> wrote in message
Well, sir. Laugh all you want. but Bill Clinton was immensley popular even
after the impeachment trial. The 2000 election was so close that it had to
be thrown to the courts. This was Bush against a piker like Al Gore!!!
Bush had no debating talent at all and Clinton could have made mince meat
out of him.

Simply because the Republicans got points from the rank and file, does not
mean the populace as a whole were impressed with their efforts. In fact,
many were horrified that the government had gotten so out of hand that they
would resort to an inquistion.

The republicans lost Congressional seats after that impeachment because
people were so disgusted by it.

If allowed to run for a third term I think Clinton would have won.

Oct 3, 2005, 6:49:32 PM10/3/05
Julius, shut up! You are a raving supporter of Bush. No matter what
he does, you will like the guy. I dont know how you can support him if
he revealed the CIA name. Thats a federal offence, should be an act of
treason.
WHy not go to a board thats more narrow minded. That way you can spout
of uyour bigoted crap and wishful thinking. You and Tom are one in the
same. If you like Bush so much, why not enlist and fight the war.

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 7:09:19 PM10/3/05
"You are a raving supporter of Bush."

No, I am a raving anti-liberal. You may disagree but that's quite all
right.

Bush disappoints me on certain levels, most recently his unfortunate
Supreme Ct. selection of Helen Meier. He's turned out just like his
father, a Yankee style Republican that's a moderate at heart. She'll
turn out just like Souter Breyer and Kennedy, judges marketed as
conservative types but stinking liberal at the core.

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 7:14:36 PM10/3/05
"but Bill Clinton was immensley popular even
after the impeachment trial."

Not in the red states in the areas outside of major metro and suburban
populations.

Look at the blue and red map. There's your answer who or what's
popular. It's a red state nation with pockets of blue.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 8:45:51 PM10/3/05

"Julius" <gm...@angelfire.com> wrote in message
Just because people register with one party or the other does not predict
how they will vote. They are a great many independents in each of those
states.

Cutting up the map in areas of red and blue is a great propaganda technique;
but it does nothing to explain how George Bush lost the popular election in
2000.

It's like taking a literal interpertation of the Bible; Things are just more
fluid than that.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 8:47:20 PM10/3/05

"Julius" <gm...@angelfire.com> wrote in message
Why don't you move to Iran? You might like it better there.

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 8:54:02 PM10/3/05
No, I hate Muslims.

Julius

Oct 3, 2005, 8:55:57 PM10/3/05
what you are really telling me, bernie, is that life is a series of
gray areas. I'll stop you right there. Egalitarianism is as sick and
twisted a philosophy as liberalism.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 9:07:18 PM10/3/05

> what you are really telling me, bernie, is that life is a series of
> gray areas. I'll stop you right there. Egalitarianism is as sick and
> twisted a philosophy as liberalism.

Well, you are certainly extrapolating from my comments. I in know way said
that anything you assert. How you can infer that from commenting on
Blue/Red states is beyond me.

How can you listen to Dylan without walking away all pissed off?

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 9:08:37 PM10/3/05

> No, I hate Muslims.

Why? I think your problem is that you always look for how you differ from
others. If you look at what you have in common with them, you'll probably
fit right in with the most radical muslims.

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 10:32:16 PM10/3/05
"It's like taking a literal interpertation of the Bible; Things are
just more
fluid than that."

bernie, bernie, bernie, that comment of yours is an indictment against
black and white thinking, the very antithesis of egalitarianism.

"How can you listen to Dylan without walking away all pissed off?"

because I did not listen to music for much except for an appreciation
for the excellence of the musical performance itself and the tone of
the recording. Music never compelled me to perform a certain action or
behave in a certain manner. The best music for me is something I can
put on in the background while I do something else. Lyrics to pop songs
I rarely, if ever, gave a second thought, because that would require
that I actually stop and listen. I was never a big fan of poetry so
that's also where that's from. I prefer direct and unflowery language.
My interest in Dylan stems from his rock and roll and his dabbling in
country music. JWH and Nashville Skyline are some of my favorite
albums. Hwy 61 and BOB are my favorites. Slow Train Coming-- BARF!
That was the beginning of the end of my appreciation for newer Dylan. I
can't stand listening to his 90s stuff with that gargling ground glass
voice of his. One Too Many Marlboros.

How's that, bernie, for offering up a patina of fan level bonhommie?

Bernie Woodham

Oct 3, 2005, 10:40:56 PM10/3/05

<justanothe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Pretty good, actually. Hwy 61 and BOB are also my favorites.

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 10:59:40 PM10/3/05
Not at all, because unlike them, I don't have an interest in converting
"infidels" into a do-or-die pact with a particular religious order. I
have no interest in declaring fealty to a religious doctrine. I have no
interest in subjugating women to medieval standards of dress or
personal behavior. I have no interest in beating my spouse. I also have
no interest in carrying around silly little mat and praying to a
mythical supernatural being five times per day, either.

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 11:01:04 PM10/3/05
"I dont know how you can support him if
he revealed the CIA name. "

Since when have you ever cared about the life of a CIA agent? You're a
joke, too.

justanothe...@yahoo.com

Oct 3, 2005, 11:05:37 PM10/3/05
Now how about that? We do actually have something in common. Oh no!
Lightning flashes are steaking across the sky! The earth is trembling!
Could it be that the Day of Reckoning is upon us?!

Blonde on Blonde is supposed to be a title based on Dylan's
acquaintance with Brian Jones and Anita Pallenberg. I once read that on
the Stones' newsgroup. Thoughts? (Politics can get a bit drab at the
end of the day)

Message has been deleted

Bernie Woodham

Oct 4, 2005, 12:52:58 AM10/4/05

<justanothe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Interesting... But it may be that he just kept running into a lot of blondes
around that time. Edie Sedgwick, (who was something of a blonde around that
time), is said to be an influence.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 4, 2005, 12:58:43 AM10/4/05

> If the people loved Bill Clinton
> and the Democrats so much, Gore should've been a shoe-in. (See George
> Bush Sr. riding in on Reagan's coattails after 8 yrs of Reagan.)

When I say Gore is a piker, I don't mean it in the sense of his
qualifications. He had excellent qualifications. I meant piker in the
sense of his public image. The guy was just drab and predictable.

I never cared for Gore or his wife. They were the ones out to get warning
labels on records and I saw that as nothing but an attempt to ingratiate
theirselves with the public.

Not that I cared for most of the rockers that got involved with that dispute
either.

So, I really liked Clinton; but I hated Gore and voted for Nader.

Message has been deleted

Bernie Woodham

Oct 4, 2005, 1:42:12 AM10/4/05

>> Bernie Woodham wrote:
>

>> When I say Gore is a piker, I don't mean it in the sense of his
>> qualifications. He had excellent qualifications. I meant piker in the
>> sense of his public image. The guy was just drab and predictable.
>
> And George Bush Sr. was what--a live wire? the new JFK? I just
> believe there is a logical contradiction between the belief that
> Clinton was so widely loved and Gore not sweeping. I think that a huge
> number of people had a huge problem with Clinton, and I'm not speaking
> only of conservative people. Liberals also had a huge problem with
> Clinton.

Well, I don't know. You're talking about a man who followed a conservative
president as opposed to a man who followed a very charismatic liberal
president. Plus, BushI was running against Michael Dukakis and was able to
make capital punishment an issue. A good solid issue that resonates with
Americans.

Gore, on the other hand, believed he had to distance himself from Clinton.
This would seem betrayal to some. But to me it was consistent with his
ingratiating himself to the public. If Clinton came off as a womanizer,
Gore came off pussy-whipped.

>> I never cared for Gore or his wife. They were the ones out to get
>> warning
>> labels on records and I saw that as nothing but an attempt to ingratiate
>> theirselves with the public.
>>
>> Not that I cared for most of the rockers that got involved with that
>> dispute
>> either.
>

> I personally liked Gore. I thought he was pretty able. I was very
> surprised that the election was so close. I didn't much think about
> the record sticker, but on balance, I believe they were pretty
> appropriate. I'm glad Mrs Gore stood up and did something about it.

Hmmm... but so what? How often do kids have their mom's go out and buy
their music? But, I think moms DO go out and buy their kids this music
despite the warning labels. It's just like the movie stuff; they
rationalize that there is not much you can do because ALL of the movies have
some harsh language.

>> So, I really liked Clinton; but I hated Gore and voted for Nader.
>

> I had a pretty low opinion of Clinton. But I had become fed up with
> both parties and voted for Nader.

So coming from complete opposite directions, we arrived at the same place
;o)

Wilbur Slice

Oct 4, 2005, 9:01:46 AM10/4/05
On 3 Oct 2005 22:12:48 -0700, "SilkUpholsteredChair"
<trea...@aol.com> wrote:

>> Bernie Woodham wrote:
>

>> When I say Gore is a piker, I don't mean it in the sense of his
>> qualifications. He had excellent qualifications. I meant piker in the
>> sense of his public image. The guy was just drab and predictable.
>

>And George Bush Sr. was what--a live wire? the new JFK? I just
>believe there is a logical contradiction between the belief that
>Clinton was so widely loved and Gore not sweeping. I think that a huge
>number of people had a huge problem with Clinton, and I'm not speaking
>only of conservative people. Liberals also had a huge problem with
>Clinton.

George H W Bush didn't run away from Reagan. Gore avoided Clinton and
didn't use him in his campaign. If he had, I don't doubt at all that
Gore would have won. Clinton himself would have won easily.

Julius

Oct 4, 2005, 9:57:45 AM10/4/05
Wilbur, suggesting that is as silly as your assertion that Clinton was
framed. Stick to talking about music. You are clueless about politics.

marc...@yahoo.com

Oct 4, 2005, 8:19:26 PM10/4/05
A couple of weeks ago, a biologist was explaining to me that you if you
take a photo of Bush's face, and draw a line down the middle of it,
nothing is symmetrical. His eyes are different, neither of his ears
match each other etc. He conjectured that this could either be the
result of fetal alcohol syndrome, or he is mentally retarded.

So, without insulting the vast number of mentally retarded individuals
who receive help and encouragement, and lead fairly normal lives, I ask

those of us who are not, do we really want a mentally retarded
indiviudal as our president?

Well, we got one.

Julius

Oct 4, 2005, 10:49:30 PM10/4/05
"do we really want a mentally retarded
indiviudal as our president?"

Strange you should ask, marcus, since your own father had sex with his
sister and produced you. So tell us, what is it like to be a retarded
in-bred freak?

Message has been deleted

Julius

Oct 4, 2005, 11:00:22 PM10/4/05
ROFLMAO!

Message has been deleted

Julius

Oct 4, 2005, 11:06:00 PM10/4/05
Wilbur's whole life is a misunderstanding. Remember, this is the person
that claims that Clinton was framed!

Note how Wilbur doesn't want to be told these things, so he killfiles
those that wish to remind him of his political stupidity.

marc...@yahoo.com

Oct 4, 2005, 11:16:12 PM10/4/05

Is that really the best you can do?

And you call yourself a Marx Brothers fan.

and one hard-boiled egg.

Make that two hard-boiled eggs.

marc...@yahoo.com

Oct 4, 2005, 11:20:43 PM10/4/05

Whitewater was Much Ado About Nothing.

Iraqgate, the Plame Game, Bush knew, cronyism et al, are many many
times worse.

marc...@yahoo.com

Oct 4, 2005, 11:27:19 PM10/4/05

Hey Groucho,

If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half,
how long will it take a grasshopper with a wooden leg to kick out all
of the seeds in a dill pickle?

Julius

Oct 4, 2005, 11:28:05 PM10/4/05
who are the marx brothers?

Bernie Woodham

Oct 5, 2005, 2:28:53 AM10/5/05

>> Wilbur Slice wrote:
>
>> Gore avoided Clinton and
>> didn't use him in his campaign.
>
>> If he had, I don't doubt at all that
>> Gore would have won. Clinton himself would have won easily.
>
> Uhhhh, historical misunderstanding afoot here. There was no way to
> distance himself from Clinton in the public's mind cuz he was already
> tarred with 8 yrs in the Clinton guvment. The Republicanos were able
> to use this succesfully against him. He was in a no win situation
> precisely because of his years advocating for Brother Bill.

Now silk. Are you saying what I think you are saying? You seem to have
just dismissed my earlier comments and decided that the public didn't like
Clinton because otherwise Gore would have won in 2000.

But, by this reasoning, Nixon should have won in 1960. Or didn't the public
like Ike either?

Julius

Oct 5, 2005, 7:31:01 AM10/5/05
Nixon would have won but the Mafia fixed the election in key labor
racket states (West Virginia, Nevada, Illinois) via a deal with Joe
Kennedy Sr. When the Kennedy boys turned on the mob a few years later
both of them were assassinated in retribution with the next six years.

marc...@yahoo.com

Oct 5, 2005, 8:42:33 AM10/5/05

Oh, so you believe in conspiracy theories when it comes to
assassinations and the like. What about MLK Jr...the October
Surprise...Reagan assassination attempt?

Care to speculate?

Message has been deleted

Wilbur Slice

Oct 5, 2005, 10:26:45 AM10/5/05
On 5 Oct 2005 07:17:00 -0700, "SilkUpholsteredChair"
<trea...@aol.com> wrote:

>> Bernie Woodham wrote:
>

>> > Uhhhh, historical misunderstanding afoot here. There was no way to
>> > distance himself from Clinton in the public's mind cuz he was already
>> > tarred with 8 yrs in the Clinton guvment. The Republicanos were able
>> > to use this succesfully against him. He was in a no win situation
>> > precisely because of his years advocating for Brother Bill.
>> >
>> Now silk. Are you saying what I think you are saying? You seem to have
>> just dismissed my earlier comments and decided that the public didn't like
>> Clinton because otherwise Gore would have won in 2000.
>

>Yes...I'm saying that the public disliked Clinton far more than the
>polls would have us believe. However, one poll in particular was
>interesting because it was so contradictory. It said that the majority
>held Clinton in very regard while at the same time being very happy
>that he was leaving. (CNN/USA TODAY).
>
>I'm saying that had Clinton been as well loved as people seem to think,
>that Gore would have been a shoe-in. Secondly, Gore wouldn't have had
>to detach himself from Clinton, as the Slice has pointed out that he
>did.

You say Gore "wouldn't have had to..." - but that's the *point*. Not
only *didn't* he have to, but it was a huge mistake to try. If he had
used Clinton more in his campaign, he would have won hands down.
Bragging about 8 years of peace and prosperity and balanced budgets
after an era of huge deficits would have done WONDERS for the Gore
campaign.

>Clinton was a liability for Gore, in Gore's view.

Yes. And Gore was wrong.

> I believe that he
>was right. The public didn't want 4 years more Clinton and the Dems,

4 mor eyears of peace and prosperity? What's not to like?

>while they did want 4 years more of Reagan, thus electing Bush I. So I
>am questioning the belief in Clinton's high popularity. Obviously I
>can't prove it. But if he had been as popular as the polls would have
>us believe, the reasonable conclusion would be that Gore would've swept
>beside the inexperience of Bush II.

No, no, no. Because Gore turned his back on Clinton and didn't run on
"more of the same", but instead tried to say he wasn't the same as
Clinton. And THAT is why he lost. Clinton could get elected again
easily TODAY.

James Zadok

Oct 5, 2005, 1:25:48 PM10/5/05

> The 60 election was a squeaker. I think JFK won by something like 100K
> votes in the popular.

Right, but Gore "won" with something over 500K. It took an Electoral
College fluke to defeat him. One can always argue that Gore "should have"
won by more than a half million votes to assure an EC victory as well, but
the fact remains that quite a few more Americans wanted more of the same
rather than wanting a change.

> But Nixon was compromised because of his
> scandals while VP.

There were no Nixon scandals while he was VP. The main scandal, involving
his "slush fund" from corporate contributors, had occurred during the 1952
campaign and was essentially resolved at that time. Nixon was clean from
1952-60. And certainly by 1960, the 1952 scandal had long evaporated as an
issue.

> He also had lots of people gunning for his because
> of Hiss.

Nixon was done in by the millions and millions of Americans who were mad at
him for uncovering a Communist spy in the government? The Hiss case is what
made Nixon's career, and the handful of folks on the Left who were bitter
about the Hiss Case were not likely to be Nixon voters to begin with. It's
certainly a bit odd to attribute Nixon's 1960 defeat to his role in the Hiss
investigation. Who exactly were the voters who would have voted for Nixon
had he not played that role?

>I don't think Ike was especially liked--or disliked. He >was
> more of a custodian and people saw him that way.

Very wrong-headed. People loved Ike. There's a reason his campaign slogan
was just a very simple and understated "I like Ike"--it summed up the deep
affection the American people had for him. Americans thought of him as the
general who had won World War II with his landing on the beaches of
Normandy. He was also seen as a general who was always concerned about the
welfare of his soldiers (in contrast to a Patton, who could never have been
elected president).

Ike was seen as projecting both a tremendous likeability and poweful
reassurance. His warm and radiant smile charmed people, who regarded him
as a friendly and down-to-earth favorite uncle. Indeed, had Ike not been
the GOP candidate in 1952, the Democrats would probably have won their sixth
presidential election in a row.

Ike's Gallup poll numbers never dipped below 48%, and his overall eight-year
average was 65%--an astonishingly high figure, topped only by JFK (70%) in
his three years in office. Even Ronald Reagan only averaged 53% over his
eight years. Clinton averaged 55%, by the way.

> Plus, Ike was
> reluctant to endorse Big Dick and the public saw that, adding to his
> weakness.

Yes, that's true. Ike never really trusted Nixon and in 1960, asked at a
press conference to describe something important the vice president had done
during his term in office, replied "Give me a week and I might think of
something."

>Gore and Nixon are basically without a basis for >comparison.

As with most human beings, in some ways yes, and in other ways no.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 5, 2005, 2:53:49 PM10/5/05

"Julius" <gm...@angelfire.com> wrote in message

Excuse me, but you're the guy that demands hard evidence, right? We are
waiting...

Julius

Oct 5, 2005, 5:46:58 PM10/5/05
"Excuse me, but you're the guy that demands hard evidence, right?"

The FBI dossier on Sam Giancana and Judith Campbell Exeter tells the
whole story.

It just pains you to see another beloved 60s icon trashed, doesn't it?

Julius

Oct 5, 2005, 6:02:37 PM10/5/05
It's not a conspiracy theory when FBI files indicate that a
presidential candidate was fucking the same broad as a leading
organized crime figure.

rock...@yahoo.com

Oct 5, 2005, 6:09:10 PM10/5/05
Wilbur Slice has to be the most ignorant and blind shithead on this
newsgroup. I'll bet he's jealous of Hillary and would love nothing
more than to suck Bill Clinton's cock.

Bernie Woodham

Oct 5, 2005, 6:15:49 PM10/5/05

> "Excuse me, but you're the guy that demands hard evidence, right?"
>
> The FBI dossier on Sam Giancana and Judith Campbell Exeter tells the
> whole story.

I see. and this "FBI dossier" is made avialable to you exclusively I
suppose. Or can you point to it's general access?

Bernie Woodham

Oct 5, 2005, 6:30:21 PM10/5/05

> It's not a conspiracy theory when FBI files indicate that a
> presidential candidate was fucking the same broad as a leading
> organized crime figure.

First please give us a reference for these FBI files.

Second; even if Giancana and Kennedy were both fucking Exner, (which I have
presumed true for years), it doesn't mean any of the other allegations you
make are true.

It is loading more messages.