'Bill' and 'Anne Thrax': Destroying RMD

Cipro Does

Nov 17, 2001, 12:37:40 PM11/17/01
Once again, I apologize for going off topic, believe me, I'd much rather
post something about how great a recording is etc... but I think it's
important for EVERYONE here to see this.
First, see Bill's utterly amazing post below, in response to me suggesting
that 'Anne Thrax' is a 'flamer', following a series of lies, insults
etc...posted by Anne Thrax directed at myself and various other members of
this newsgroup. As I've said before, I used to enjoy this newsgroup, but I'm
now being 'targetted' by these two people, 'Bill' and 'Anne Thrax', who seem
to be conspiring to tell lies and insult me, in order to force me off of
this newsgroup. As far as I'm concerned, my only 'crime' is standing up for
my beliefs and standing by my opinions. My posts have always been Dylan
related and I certainly don't go around throwing insults at others here,
who, like myself, are fans of Bob Dylan's music. I don't think this is
unreasonable, after all, this is a 'discussion' group, isn't it? No one else
on this newsgroup seems to feel the need to call me a liar,a troll, insult
me, accuse me of things etc...I don't know either of these people, and they
don't know me. What is their problem? Is this what this newsgroup has
become?!?

"Bill" <monic...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> I pointed out a gross error in someone else's post regarding an
> upcoming boot. [He's also annoyed because I called him a "shill" for a
> boot seller -- and I don't think there's anything particularly
> inaccurate about using that term about someone who actively and
> uncritically circulates grossly misleading publicity material from the
> issuer of a commercial boot -- especially since he apparently knew it
> was false, since he's claimed to be a collector of long standing.
> He also deliberately lied about me, claiming that he knew I was
> "Anne Thrax" based on a post he knew was forged -- and never retracted
> it or apologized. (He did make a weaselly, "if I said anything unfair
> about you" or some such, apology after the boot that triggered his
> first wave of diatribes turned up, and my comments (and those of
> several others) proved to be accurate.)
> At one point last summer he accused me of posting threats against
> him, based on an ongoing (and fairly lame) comedy bit I was running
> involving a guy in a bear suit. The punchline was always more or less
> "And now, a word from the guy in a bear suit : "Grrrr." For more
> details see
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/wa/monicasdude/images/bear3a.jpg
>
> And he's obsessed with getting even with St. Annie, because . . .
> well, from what I can see, because she gets down to his level and
> pretty much kicks his sorry butt on a regular basis. Or maybe the
> opposite side of his anatomy.
>
> Whenever he finds postings he doesn't like, it seems he tosses
> venom around indiscriminately and obsessively. And then he whines
> about all the wrongs people have done to him when they point out his
> lies. He regularly posts deranged ramblings about how the cruel cdr
> collectors are trying to defame and suppress the collecting of
> commercial boots.
>
> And he annoys the living crap out of me, especially since, no
> matter how much I try to ignore him, he keeps trying to draw me back
> into his mudfest. I'd really like to be able to check my mailbox two
> days running without finding garbage he's sent or inspired. Often in
> large quantities, to the extent that my regular mail is blocked for
> half a day at a time.
>
> (If I owe anybody out there a reply (or more), I apologize. I'm
> sure some things just aren't getting in, and some are buried by now.)
>
> I don't what anybody on the newsgroup has done to deserve the
> attention of this wretched, malicious creep. I assume he's the same
> guy who's been regularly flooding my mailbox with fetishistic porno
> crap bmp files -- they regularly show up a few hours after one of his
> ravings hits the newsgroup. You can't killfile him because his name
> and address change so much, and I can't block his email without
> blocking out most of the other mail I'd get from rmders. (Which is
> what I guess he wants me to do).
>
> Comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Yeah, here's a comment: grow up and stop telling lies.
This is disgraceful, intolerable behavior. It's one thing to disagree with
my opinions, it's another to suggest that I am sending pornography to Bill's
mailbox. Utter, unfounded lies. Grow up, I've got better things to do.You
make 'me'sick, Bill. I have never launched personal attacks on you or anyone
else on this newsgroup. I have defended myself when you have insulted me and
called me a liar for expressing my opinions. I have never 'lambasted people
for things they didn't really say'. Why do you feel the need to 'nail people
down' Bill? Seems like you're the one trying to be the 'thought police'.
Look at how you and Anne Thrax have persecuted me, and others, for
disagreeing with you. I did not post an 'unprovoked attack' on A1Pump at
all. I simply pointed out that he has commented, on this newsgroup, that he
actively tried to prevent a commercial cd of his Augusta tape being
released. I commented that I though his actions were destructive, because it
is unfair to say that those who do not wish, or connot trade cdrs are
excluded. This, in my mind, does not constitute an 'attack', but an opinion.
I have not compared A1Pump to The Taliban at all. I sugested that the idea
that some cdr traders have that cd collecting is to be surpressed is an
opressive, taliban-style affront to personal choice. Artur J has compared
commercial bootlegs to Adolf Hitler on this newsgroup. It is my opinion that
this is a rediculous and offensive comparison. Others expressed similar
feelings at the time, I believe, in the same thread. I have never posted a
tirade against you, if you look, the only time I've posted anything in
connection with you or your website is when you've replied to one of my
posts with rudeness. I am critical of your site because, in my opinion, it
isn't very good. It's as simple as that. I've even suggested ways that you
could improve it. Because I was critical, you 'threatened me' with a guy in
a bear suit. Yes, I knew it was (intended as) a joke, no it wasn't funny.
Nor was your offensive 'anti-British' "joke" that turned up here a few days
ago.
I have never intentionally posted anything misleading regarding boot cds, I
was going on pre-release information, which was inaccurate. I thought that
by sharing what information I had, I was helping other fans/cd collectors,
obviously, according to Bill, this is wrong.
I did not 'knowingly' say that I knew you were Anne Thrax, I found an email
from you, signed by Thrax. I said that, considering Thrax seems to
frequently turn up to crudely defend you, and vice versa ( like this
instance) and that you both post from a Google account, that others could
make up their own minds. I just found it unbelievable that you could in any
way be supporting the actions of a rude, lying, disgusting individual like
Anne Thrax. Nobody else does. It still amazes me. I'm 'obsessed with getting
even' with the Thrax person, as you put it, because Thrax is a nasty, sick,
evil liar. Seems like you are too.
Once again, you're defending Anne Thrax in this post. Unbelieveable.
It says a lot about you. I won't apologise for anything, since you've called
me a liar, a troll and, when Anne Thrax told various lies about my supposed
role as bootleg cd dealer, you appeared to encorage it. I certainly DO NOT
OWE YOU AN APOLOGY. For you to even suggest that, makes me sick.
The only time I've posted anything critical of cdr collectors, or said that
they're trying to suppress cds is when they've said it themselves in their
posts! I've never tried to 'draw you into' anything. In fact, if you look at
my posts, Bill, I've encouraged you to drop the subject and get on with your
life. Unfortunately, you seem to be unable to, and you seem to under the
impression that I'm obsessed with you or something. This couldn't be further
from the truth, I don't care what you think, haven't I made that clear? I'm
sure I've mentioned it at least twice. You 'annoy the living crap' out of me
Bill, so if there was any confusion before, let me make it clear to you now
: GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE. If you don't like my posts,don't read them.
As for this pornography rubbish, you really have sunk to the bottom here
Bill, this is disgraceful. All that 'Anne Thrax' has done has told
disgusting, unfounded lies. Now I see you're joining in as well. If anyone
wants evidence that these people are actively trying to silence cd
collectors from this newsgroup by discrediting them, then here it is. Very,
very sad. Very, very evil and very, very nasty. You and 'Anne Thrax' are
trying to make me out to be some sort of 'scourge' on this newsgroup,and
that you're my 'victims', is that the idea, Bill? I think it's the other way
around.
Hope you're pleased with yourself, Bill, your comments, and those of Anne
Thrax, are an insult to the generosity and good will of
many Dylan fans I've come to know, both through this newsgroup and
elsewhere, regardless of whether they choose to collect cd/cdr/DAT/vinyl,
whatever....
A word of warning to other RMD'ers - don't make the kind of mistake I did,
believing that you can actually have an opinion that differs to the majority
on this newsgroup.Most of us welcome thought provoking discussion, but then
there's people like 'Bill' and 'Anne Thrax' who are willing to do this to
someone because they disagree. Freedom of expression is under attack. This
newsgroup is dying because of people like 'Bill' and Anne Thrax. Be warned.

You've got your wish, 'Bill', 'Thrax, I'm leaving this newsgroup, but I will
continue to collect and I will continue to be a fan of Bob Dylan long after
you're gone. I just don't need the arguments with a pair of fools. Some
people might say 'good riddence, sick of the arguments, etc...' and 'Bill'
and 'Thrax' will think they've 'won'. But really, who's victory is it?
Sadly,the rest of you good people will still have to put up with these
partners in lies,'Anne Thrax' and 'Bill', who will be looking for their next
target, until the only people left are themselves.

Fools.

> > "Anne Thrax" take a bow.
> >
> > Cipro Does, ( TAFKASD)
> >
> > - Champion Of Exposing Losers Who Think They Can Be Rude and Order
Other
> > People To "Leave This Newsgroup" i.e. Anne Thrax.
> >
> > "John Howells" wrote in message -
> > >
> > > rec.music.dylan is not moderated, so within reason anything goes.
> > However, certain types of postings are generally frowned upon. Here
> > follows some guidance:
> >
> > o Tirades against other readers of the newsgroup for their
> > opinions are not welcome.
> >
> > Anne Thrax <anne_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> >
> > You've been voted off the news group. You are
> > the weakest link, goodbye! Don't go away mad, just go away.
> >
> > "Anne Thrax!" <anne_...@zfree.co.nz> wrote in message
> > >TAFKASD ("The Asshole Formerly Known As Scooby Don't, Doesn't,
> >
> > "Anne Thrax" <anne_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > >You
> > > spend too much time sniffing a cartoon dog's butt.
> >
> > "Anne Thrax" <anne_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > >you standout waste of protoplasm, you lying sack of fecal
> > >material...You're a pathetic, dishonest, malicious dirtbag
> >
> > Anne Thrax <anne_...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> >
> > >And I bet Mad Dan won't get around to his freebees until after he
> > >learns to breathe without using his mouth.
> >
> > etc, etc....

toydri

Nov 17, 2001, 6:49:23 PM11/17/01
Cipro - we all know there are some idiots out there....the trick is to just
ignore them. Who cares what e.g. Trax writes, there is not a soul here
believing any of it anyway.
- Tom

"Cipro Does" <rowho...@dolce.gov> wrote in message

toydri

toydri

Eben Hensby

Nov 17, 2001, 7:06:13 PM11/17/01
Speak for yourself Tom.

- Eben

--

"The emptiness is endless, cold as the clay.
You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way.

- Bob Dylan (Mississippi)

http://web.uvic.ca/~ehensby/

toydri

Nov 17, 2001, 7:43:52 PM11/17/01
well - surprise surprise.....
okay, I will of course apologize my frase indicating I was talking on behalf
of the entire community and take the words back "there is not a soul here":
They should be replaced with "I don't".
- Tom

"Eben Hensby" <ehe...@home.com> wrote in message

Anne Thrax

Nov 18, 2001, 12:34:12 PM11/18/01
Hokey smokes, Tom! Don't you know that when you post something like
this three times it makes you look nine times as foolish. It's a
geometric progression!

Anne Thrax
Patron Saint of Pottsylvania for the New Millennium

MARK ROBERT HALE

Nov 18, 2001, 12:37:30 PM11/18/01

Yeah, this is "important for EVERYONE here to see". Really
really important.

Mark