A cure for arthritis?

1 view

Mr Jinx

Mar 28, 2007, 6:15:41 AM3/28/07

Has anyone come across a case of someone being cured of arthritis? I
imagine that would be some kind of miracle.

Mr Jinx

J. Crow Company

Mar 28, 2007, 8:11:41 AM3/28/07
http://www.jcrows.com/jarvis.html

Mr Jinx wrote:

--
J.Crow Company
PO Box 172

Just Walkin'

Mar 28, 2007, 8:35:04 AM3/28/07

I wish it were the case my friend, but there will be no cure until a
cause is found. My sweetheart and I have been east to west and back
again searching for light in this regard and still haven't found what
we're looking for. Poor kid; she's in so much pain. Been through every
form of medical, pharmaceutical, natural, holisitic, half-istic and
ballistic treatment. Even been to the Mayo Clinic (took Hwy 61!)
hoping to find someone on the level to give us a square answer. All we
get are roundabout answers from your usual pill-pushers. Symptomatic
relief is easy; finding the root cause is the hard part. Therein lies
the cure.

As the doctor at the clinic told us: It can be done; something beyond
genetics causes it to flare up, but the matrix of metabolic
constraints and variables to the problem is so complex that it would
take a doctor a lifetime practice just to solve one case. So he says:
Just take the drugs. Killer drugs too. Cripples the immune system so
it leaves the joints alone. Methotrexate. Humira. Ugh.

The key: Set up the problem using a design optimization matrix (such
as those used in engineering aircraft) and run it against 9 or 10
different optimization algorithmns. Might take days, but the root and
coefficient causes could be identified without taking an entire
medical career. I know the software side, but can't find a doctor who
wants to give the medical side a shot. Maybe it has to do with the
hold the pharms have on things; I can't imagine that all our doctors
can be that lazy.

Speaking of which: Is there a rheumatologist in the house?

really real

Mar 28, 2007, 10:04:55 AM3/28/07

> Has anyone come across a case of someone being cured of arthritis? I
> imagine that would be some kind of miracle.

I'd hate to think that the Good Lord would be as unfair to arthritics as
He is to amputees, but there does seem to be a problem with the disease
being incurable. I've heard that some people have had success using
gold, but that seems a bit hard to believe.

If I had the disease, I'd work on different strains of cannabis until I
found one that worked, or at least made me forget that I had it.

Mr Jinx

Mar 28, 2007, 12:00:20 PM3/28/07

That's a good idea. Damping down the pain with herbs must help. God
must have put them here for a reason.

Mr Jinx

Gemini Jackson

Mar 28, 2007, 12:15:46 PM3/28/07
On 28 Mar 2007 09:00:20 -0700, "Mr Jinx" <vernon_...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

One could also make a good case for preventive maintenance in that
regard.
~GJ~

Just Walkin'

Mar 28, 2007, 1:28:42 PM3/28/07

Not far from the truth. It has been proven to have anti-inflammatory
properties and the Arthritis Foundation reports that studies and
clinical trials are underway involving the use of a spray composed of
extracts that doesn't inflame the lungs or induce dry-mouth.

But again, it is not a cure and won't be available even as an
analgesiac aid until the pharmaceutical companies can figure out a way
to make boatloads of cash on it. In the meantime, sufferers run the
risk of going to jail, even in med-herb states, because arthritis
isn't one of the conditions permissably treated under their laws.

Still, we seek help in finding the response trigger. It's a
complicated combination of factors that cause good days and bad
days...

theProphet_dudley

Mar 29, 2007, 12:29:42 PM3/29/07
On Mar 28, 5:15 am, "Mr Jinx" <vernon__bris...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Mr Jinx

Dear Mr Jinx,

How are ya? I hope this finds you well; if you're afflicted w/
arthritis, hope it's not flaring up too bad.

> Has anyone come across a case of someone being cured of arthritis? I
> imagine that would be some kind of miracle.

Not me.

Mebbe someone.

That said, my ma(bless her saintly soul)'s been with the "arthuritis"
for a numbrous of years. She did for many years receive injections of
gold. It seemed to alleviate her suffering.

Nowdays, i believe she takes only "Tylenol" (acetaminophen (called
paracetamol outside of North America)--Wiki) & tho' she's got troubles
when she gets up, she's better after her first dose.

& she still knits, embroiders, countedCross stitches, & quilts.
Gnarled hands & all.

Point being, like Elizabeth Edwards' & Tony Snow's cancers, this is
treatment not cure.

& if God's Herb can be used to alleviate suffering in a sentient
being, the scriptureQuoting heathen in me saieth:

}
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding
seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is
in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his
kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his
kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
--Genesis 1, KJV
{

[plus something about the root cause of suffering being ignorance???]

Cheers,
rdd

Mr Jinx

Mar 30, 2007, 7:44:34 AM3/30/07

Thank you, Prophet Dudley.

Your words alone have soothed my condition (and doubtless the
condition of any generational icons who might happen to drop in here
for a read and a chuckle). It's good to see the Bible openly endorse
drug taking just prior to my Amsterdam trip. I had thought about
dabbling in soft drugs but now I'm emboldened to go straight for the
hard stuff.

Never did Nico any harm.

Mr Jinx

Pastor Marc

Mar 30, 2007, 1:13:04 PM3/30/07
On Mar 28, 5:15 am, "Mr Jinx" <vernon__bris...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Modern medicine has a long way to go to catch up with the healing
ministry of Christ.
PM

Just Walkin'

Mar 30, 2007, 2:15:31 PM3/30/07
On Mar 28, 5:15 am, "Mr Jinx" <vernon__bris...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Just got the bill from the clinic: $550 US to be told "I'm just a pill
pusher."

Everybody got to wonder what's the matter with this cruel world..and
our crappy health care system.. today.

Gemini Jackson

Mar 30, 2007, 4:17:11 PM3/30/07
On 30 Mar 2007 11:15:31 -0700, "Just Walkin'" <kens...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Mar 28, 5:15 am, "Mr Jinx" <vernon__bris...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone come across a case of someone being cured of arthritis? I
>> imagine that would be some kind of miracle.

My great-grand mother would run her hands under scalding water, until
the Alzheimer's kicked in. Then of course she forgot about her
arthritis.

>> Mr Jinx
>
>Just got the bill from the clinic: $550 US to be told "I'm just a pill
>pusher."
>
>Everybody got to wonder what's the matter with this cruel world..and
>our crappy health care system.. today.

Would Glucosamine/Chondroitin help? I take it daily. Not for
arthritis though.
~GJ~

Just Walkin'

Mar 30, 2007, 6:07:44 PM3/30/07
On Mar 30, 3:17 pm, Gemini Jackson <G...@GJ.com> wrote:
> On 30 Mar 2007 11:15:31 -0700, "Just Walkin'" <kensh...@comcast.net>
Thanks. We're taking it. Actually, bio-active silica does the same
thing. But it's good as a preventative or for osteo-arthritis. But
we're talking about rheumatoid arthritis. This is an auto-immune
disorder that literally destroys the joints; the body's immune system
attacks the joints as mistaken intruders. Most of the comments about
drugs were concerning pain relief and analgesia. But they won't stop
the damage. Perhaps you are familiar with people whose hands and feet
get all gnarly. Well imagine how that must feel while it's happening!
It happens whether you feel it or not.

And most of the comments about Drugs, with a capital D (and capitol D)
are either about cortico-steriods which have a very serious long term
downside and immune system repressants that basically inhibit the
immune system response, which is dangerous in its own right. They are
also mutagenic and not advised for young people who want to have kids.
Pharms have a big stake in promoting the lot of them and don't seem to
be serious about finding the cause beyond saying, "It's genetic."

So, where were we? Oh yes. The problem really can be solved either by
a doctor who wants to dedicate his career to the treatment of a single
case or by someone who wants to design a process integration framework
through which to drive arthritis-specific metabolic, genetic,
nutritional and environmental cross-calculations using a classical
suite of solver schedules and commonly used optimization algortihmns.
Now that the desktop horsepower is there, someone way smarter than me
can set up this kind of problem and run it for a few days and solve
each case, one at a time.

But no. All anyone wants to do with these super powered computers is
burn copies of music and movies. Where's the heart? Where's the
humanity? Anyone really want to make history, do a whole lot of good
and maybe pick up a few bucks?

The rock stars of the of the coming 20-teens'll be the kids that kick
disease ass!

Representing now:

really real

Mar 30, 2007, 9:49:25 PM3/30/07

> Just got the bill from the clinic: $550 US to be told "I'm just a pill
> pusher."
>
> Everybody got to wonder what's the matter with this cruel world..and
> our crappy health care system.. today.

I had a bad experience at the doctors today. He sort of scoffed at my
problems and told me to go away. But I got this appointment by phoning
this morning, and it cost me nothing. Canada, I stand on guard for thee.

Just Walkin'

Mar 30, 2007, 11:38:55 PM3/30/07
Hey, could you please do me a favor? Could you tell your Canadian
doctor that you have rheumatoid arthritis and tell me what he tells
you to do?

really real

Mar 31, 2007, 9:42:46 AM3/31/07

> Hey, could you please do me a favor? Could you tell your Canadian
> doctor that you have rheumatoid arthritis and tell me what he tells
> you to do?

He said, take two aspirin and see me next decade.

This inflammation business is really nasty. Aparently, they've found out
that inflammation is a key factor in cancer. There must be foods that
help stop inflammation, but we're not going to find out from my doctor,
or from the Mayo Clinic guide on treatment for arthritis:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rheumatoid-arthritis/DS00020/DSECTION=8