Monica's Dude v. Bobsboots

Craig Pinkerton

Mar 1, 2002, 10:06:58 AM3/1/02
I know that several of you have been following, with interest, the soap
opera of posts between Bill at Monica's Dude, myself, and others. Here is an
update of events. After two years, I finally received a private email from
Bill that brought the situation to light. As you know, there is a standing
offer at bobsboots asking our patrons for their contributions of scans and
information about silver CDs and LPs. Thanks to all of you for the items
that you have sent, and please continue your support in the future. However,
it seems that there has been several CD track lists of older CDs supplied to
us that have been cut and pasted from Bill's site. While the track list is a
factual, non-copyrightable list that is subject to cut and paste, some of
the track lists have contained dates and annotations that have clearly been
supplied by Bill. As I've not been aware of this situation in the past, none
of this information has been credited. I will be working with Bill to
correct this oversight, and I would ask that future contributions of song
lists to the site that have come from "The Field Guide" be acknowledged as
such.
Furthermore, the problematic virus-laced emails that have appeared at the
bobsboots mail room in the past are a phenomenon of online life that has
plagued many sites, and contaminated a large number of servers. Thankfully,
the nimda medusoid is in remission. At no time have I ever implied that this
malady is resultant from, related to, or in any way connected with "The
Field Guide" or Bill Clinton. However, Bill has been receiving accusatory
email. I know that there have been many passionate debates regarding the two
sites, and everyone has their own thoughts. These varied opinions, however,
should not degenerate to the point of imprecation. It would be in the best
interest of all, and I would personally ask every friend of our site, to put
trifles behind us, and look forward to the wonderful, new, and exciting
things that will come from both sites in the future.

Alan Fraser

Mar 1, 2002, 12:19:30 PM3/1/02

Amen to that - thank you both for all your hard work.

Alan