Dylan Records song in Dublin

stoker

Dec 6, 2005, 4:06:52 AM12/6/05
Forgive me if this has already been covered but a friend drew my
attention to an article published in the Sunday Life at the weekend:-

"Dylan Records Secret Session

Bob Dylan held a secret recording session in Dublin after his concerts
at The Point last weekend.

Dylan had a change of heart about flying out in his private jet after
the final curtain on Sunday night.

On returning to his hotel, Dylan locked himself away in his suite
working on the lyrics of a new song.

And later, he turned up at Dublin's Westland Studios to record the
track. His only request was for an uillean piper and the singer was in
the studio for less than two hours."

Mr Jinx

Dec 6, 2005, 7:08:51 AM12/6/05

stoker wrote:

If this is true it's fantastic news. I'd love Dylan to capture
something now while he's on such hot form. Thanks for posting.

Mr Jinx

John

Dec 6, 2005, 7:24:23 AM12/6/05
Why was I not told about this? I'm only down the motorway from the studio :)
Then again, maybe he had about my attempts to learn the uileann pipes. It
was like having an octopus on your lap.
Best wishes
John in Ireland
"stoker" <davidm...@utvinternet.com> wrote in message

Mr Jinx

Dec 6, 2005, 7:36:31 AM12/6/05

John wrote:

You think that's bad, wait til you hear Bob's 28 minute pipe solo! (I
got an advanced tape flown in this morning).

Here are the lyics, by the way:

IRISH LEPRECHAUN HOMESICK PRE-THANKSGIVING TWEEDLE DUM BLUES (COUGH
SONG)

I'm gonna play mah pipe, babe, all night long
Yeah, I'm gonna blow mah horn, sugar til the early Dublin morn.
I'm wate deep in the Irish mist
I'm soundin' like a railroad gate fog horn.

Winter time is comin' I'm gonna wrap my presents good
I said the leaves are filled with leprechauns
But I'm gonna wrap mah presents good
Don't give me no mo' uillean pipe solo trouble, honey
I already understood.

[ Dylan plays the uillean pipe for the remaining 21 minutes and 42
seconds before collapsing into coughing ]

Mr Jinx

stoker

Dec 6, 2005, 7:44:37 AM12/6/05
Maybe it'll appear on the next Traveling Wilburys album!

number6

Dec 6, 2005, 8:32:03 AM12/6/05

stoker wrote:
> Maybe it'll appear on the next Traveling Wilburys album!

Nah ... Roy Orbison and George Harrison would fight over the lead vocal

don freeman

Dec 6, 2005, 11:07:27 AM12/6/05

> [ Dylan plays the uillean pipe for the remaining 21 minutes and 42
> seconds before collapsing into coughing ]

All those pipes and Dylan just kept noodling the same three notes over
and over

Mr Jinx

Dec 6, 2005, 11:14:09 AM12/6/05

don freeman wrote:

Lol.

Wait til you hear his 'up-piping'.

Mr Jinx

chief bb

Dec 7, 2005, 1:33:15 AM12/7/05
He be uillean.

Or maybe I should say, "'Dylan be uillean"