Bobsboots discovers photo from unknown 1967 Dylan concert!!

Saint Annie

Feb 22, 2002, 7:01:59 PM2/22/02
According to www.bobsboots.com operator Craig
Pinkerton, he has acquired and is offering for sale
rare lithographs of a photo taken of Bob Dylan at a
November 1967 concert in Washington, DC.
This is very big news. After all, the rest of us
all thought that Dylan didn't play any concerts
between his motorcycle accident (or, for some of you,
"motorcycle accident") and the Guthrie tribute
concerts in 1968.
Check out

http://www.bobsboots.com/bobstore/posters/Halo.html

for all the details and a chance to send Craig almost
$100 as a token of your appreciation.
I haven't been a big fan of Craig, but, after all,
he is rmd's resident self-proclaimed genius. As he
tells us at his own website,

"Craig {Pinkerton} has been involved in the music
business for over 30 years as a musician, teacher,
author, and business owner. He is an avid world class
collector of Bob Dylan music and memorabilia. His
industry background, writing abilities, genius IQ, and
many years of collecting and cataloging the recordings
of Bob Dylan have given him a unique perspective for
the creation of this massive body of work."
--Craig Pinkerton

How can a man of such qualifications be wrong?
How could anyone believe that an intellectual giant
like Mr. Craig Pinkerton would simply lift an off-the
cuff reminiscence of a photographer from a recent book
of such articles, not bother to correct even the most
obvious mistakes, even get the release date of "Bob
Dylan's Greatest Hits" wrong, and post the
misinformation on such an often-consulted website?
And Mr. Pinkerton should also be congratulated on
his recent announcement that bobsboots had over one
million hits lat month. This is a tremendous
achievement. Why, the renowned Boblinks page,
according to its own counters, gets an average of only
about 750,000 hits per year. Mr. Pinkerton's reports
about his page's success surely deserve as much
credibility, if not credulity, as his chronology of
Bob Dylan's career!

But there's more! Be here tomorrow for the next
installment of the

BOBSBOOTS.COM ERROR DU JOUR

Yes, this is the beginning of a series that will run
well over a year.

St. Annie
Patron Saint of Public Humiliation for People Who Send
Condescending Emails Questioning a Certain Person's
Ability to "Understand Plain English"

http://sports.yahoo.com

Craig Pinkerton

Feb 22, 2002, 7:48:01 PM2/22/02

"Saint Annie" <sainte...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> According to www.bobsboots.com operator Craig
> Pinkerton, he has acquired and is offering for sale
> rare blah. blah, blah

Fifteen minutes after I told this person that I would no longer respond to
his private emails, I was bombarded with nimda emails at my private address,
and at the website. I will assume, for now, that this is a coincidence.

I suppose that I should feel honored that I now have my own AJ Weberman.

Craig

MC66

Feb 22, 2002, 11:35:26 PM2/22/02
"Craig Pinkerton" <dyla...@zoomnet.net> wrote in

That's pretty serious.
Below is her/his/it's IP address & provider from an earlier post still
on Giganews, I'd contact ab...@zfree.co.nz & look into having this idiot
TOS'd. Sure wouldn't be any loss to this NG.

P.S. Thanks for the great website!

MC

> From: <anne_...@zfree.co.nz>
> Sender: <anne_...@zfree.co.nz>
> Subject: Re: four months ago today...
> Newsgroups: rec.music.dylan

Zomby Wooof

Feb 23, 2002, 1:27:18 AM2/23/02
Saint Annie - "Patron Saint of the shitstains on the underwear of RMD" would
more closely capture the essence of your being. If you want to see who
you're humiliating, look in the mirror.

Jim

Feb 23, 2002, 3:28:51 AM2/23/02
is this for real?

"Zomby Wooof" <zomby...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Craig Pinkerton

Feb 23, 2002, 7:27:54 AM2/23/02
Very little of what you say is ever true or accurate.
As I've told you in an earlier post, I don't have the time to spend playing
games with you. You obviously have no idea that a counter only measures
unique patrons. Not site hits. It might be nice were I not getting so much
activity, because now my cost has risen. Here is the exact email (with my
censorship) I received from my site's host.
******************

Hi Craig,

We, here at xxxxxx. have been looking at the stats on the
bobsboots site. We have some bad news and some good news.

First the bad news after examining the stats, due to size of files
retained (xxx Meg.), and bandwidth usage (7Gig of transfers) for
the month we need to raise the monthly rate for the site to $xxx.xx
per month. This will be reflected in the March, 2002 Invoice.

Next the good news the total monthly hits was over a million hits for the
month and the average per day was over 35,000.
Congradulations on a very active site. You can look at the stats by
going to the site and once you have pulled up bobsboots go to
xxxxxxxx-xxx-xxxxx

If you have any questions or comments please call xxxxxx or xxxxx
at xxxxxxx. phone xxx-xxx-xxxx

Thanks,
xxxxx

James

Feb 23, 2002, 10:24:42 AM2/23/02
What the hell are you talking about Saint FAnnie? the lithograph photo
is listed as being taken in 1966, and that "Greatest Hits" was
released a year later, which it was.

So either you've linked to the wrong page, or you are a twat.

I suspect the latter.

Craig Pinkerton

Feb 23, 2002, 10:36:35 AM2/23/02

"Saint Annie" <sainte...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Check out
>
> http://www.bobsboots.com/bobstore/posters/Halo.html
>
> for all the details and a chance to send Craig almost
> $100 as a token of your appreciation.
> I haven't been a big fan of Craig, blah, blah, blah

Thank you for trying to discourage sales on the website. Neither bobsboots
nor myself has ever said anything malicious toward you or your site.
bobsboots.com is a 100% free service to anyone who cares to use it. It is
not free to me, however. I'm the one that pays the bills. When sales don't
cover payroll and expenses (which is more often than not) I'm the one who
pays out of my pocket. Why do you choose to persecute something that has
been created at other's expense for *your* benefit?

Craig

Saint Annie

Feb 23, 2002, 10:41:12 AM2/23/02
You're a liar, Copycat Craig. You're a liar. You're a thief whose
website is cut and pasted from things honest people wrote, and you're
a tout for crooked people who sell boots.
Produce evidence of what you say. There isn't any. You made it
up, just like you made up the story about your site being more popular
than Boblinks. Gee, what an original lie. It's only a few days since
Monica's Dude told us somebody was attacking his site. Can't you at
least make up an original lie, Mr. I'm-A-Genius, instead of swiping a
story about somebody else's misfortunes?
As for me, anybody who's followed my so-distinguished career on
rmd knows that I'd have no interest in taking you down privately.
Unlike those private emails you send running down Monica's Dude (after
you said you weren't going to do any such thing), I do what I do in
public. As a great man once said, "When I steal, I leave my knife."
No need to watch your back.

And for all your bitching and whining about how people are saying
bad things about you, why don't you ever respond to the evidence?
'Cause what those nasty people are saying about you is true, right?

MC66

Feb 23, 2002, 11:29:17 AM2/23/02
sainte...@yahoo.com (Saint Annie) wrote in

> You're a liar, Copycat Craig. You're a liar. You're a thief whose
> website is cut and pasted from things honest people wrote, and you're
> a tout for crooked people who sell boots.

And God bless those "crooked" people who sell boots.
We all love our Crystal Cats, Rattle Snakes, et all, whether we buy them or
trade for them with others who buy them.

> Produce evidence of what you say. There isn't any. You made it
> up, just like you made up the story about your site being more popular
> than Boblinks.

Guess what, no one in here cares which site is more popular, we use them
both. HELLLLO???

>Gee, what an original lie. It's only a few days since
> Monica's Dude told us somebody was attacking his site. Can't you at
> least make up an original lie, Mr. I'm-A-Genius, instead of swiping a
> story about somebody else's misfortunes?
> As for me, anybody who's followed my so-distinguished career on
> rmd

Yeah, the biggest douchebag in rmd, very distinguished!

>knows that I'd have no interest in taking you down privately.
> Unlike those private emails you send running down Monica's Dude (after
> you said you weren't going to do any such thing), I do what I do in
> public.

And making an ass out of yourself in public everytime you post in rmd is
what you do best, LOL!

Anne Thrax

Feb 23, 2002, 12:01:09 PM2/23/02

Gee, don't you think it's possible that Craig has changed the page to
try to correct the error? He's still got the date of the photo wrong, of
course.
And you seem to have issues with assertive women, judging by your use
of sexual epithets.

St. Annie

http://www.zfree.co.nz

Anti Anne Thrax Society

Feb 23, 2002, 3:11:03 PM2/23/02
your a fine one to ask for evidence to back up your claims, "bi..er,
"Anne". your always making accusations without evidence. youre always
backing away from the real issues. when someone hits the nail on the
head about your lies, you simply respond with insults or dont respond
at all. seeing as you like insults so much, heres a couple for you.
the difference between these ones and all yours is that this is true:
youre a dishonest lying troll. your so-distinguished rmd carrer is
limited to the honor of being a total asshole towards people for no
reason. you were accused of being the same person as Bill who runs the
field recordings site a while back by a person who you chose to target
and guess what? i think that guy mightve been onto something. this
attack on bobsboots.com seems to be connected with what
bill@monicasdud has been saying on the www.dylantree.com general
message board for the last month. coincedence? im not so
sure.Bill@monicasdud defends your lies and you defend him and his
website and both of you try to put bobsboots.com down. why do both of
you but bobsboots down? nobody else does. its a great site. everybody
knows that the cd/cdr guide is cut-and-pasted from other places anyway
and there lots of stuff that bill has taken from bobsboots.com. i bet
all the new releases from the last six months have only become known
to bill through bobsboots website update anyway and he will take
tracklists and information from there i bet. but noone will call him a
theif and a liar.
so the question-why are you (two people(?)) doing this? could it be
that you are the same person? i dont know but since my other post ive
recieved two other identities under which you post to this newsgroup.
as for your "i do what i do in public" bullshit, you do your public
insults under a false identity. craig pinkerton doesnt. COWARD! lets
see you post under your real name, troll. you wouldnt dare. i bet you
trade cdr boots with the same people who you insult. of course, under
a different identity, but i bet it gives you a kick to think that your
getting cds through the kindness of others on rmd then turning around
and insulting them. and all the time they have no idea who you really
are or that its the same *nice* person they just traded with. i would
want to know who you really are, anne_thrax. if you really believe in
the truth of what you say, do it under your own name, troll, so that
all of us can avoid trading with you in the future. youre trying to
hoodwink the people here and play them all for fools.theres a lot of
talk right now, and yes i too see that rmd has got much worse in the
last year, and its because of people like anne_thrax who try to
destroy things.

the only theif is you anne_thrax. your trying to steal this group.
your trying to steal bobsboots away from us as well. youve tried and
succeeded to drive people away from this group with your rudeness and
disgusting lies.
shame on you. you wouldnt know what honesty was if it slapped you in
the face.

Bill.

iamther...@yahoo.com

Anti Anne Thrax Society

Feb 23, 2002, 3:38:23 PM2/23/02
Saint Annie <sainte...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>According to www.bobsboots.com operator Craig
>Pinkerton, he has acquired and is offering for sale
>rare lithographs of a photo taken of Bob Dylan at a
>November 1967 concert in Washington, DC.
> This is very big news. After all, the rest of us
>all thought that Dylan didn't play any concerts
>between his motorcycle accident (or, for some of you,
>"motorcycle accident") and the Guthrie tribute
>concerts in 1968.
> Check out

>http://www.bobsboots.com/bobstore/posters/Halo.html

blah, blah, blah, lots of insulting rudeness edited out...

> > St. Annie
> > Patron Saint of Public Humiliation for People Who Send
> > Condescending Emails Questioning a Certain Person's
> > Ability to "Understand Plain English"

heres evidence of anne_thrax's inability to understand plain English:
just take a look at the link to which anne_thrax pointed -

> > http://www.bobsboots.com/bobstore/posters/Halo.html

and you will see the following opening sentence clearly, written in
plain English -

- *Dylan with Halo*
This extraordinary photograph of Bob Dylan was taken from backstage
by Rowland Scherman in 1966.

seems like anne_thrax is quite capable of self-humiliation and far
more successful at it than when attempting to humiliate others!
nice try, thrax, but how youre going to keep this up for a year after
youve just made yourself look like a total idiot after your first
attempt is mindboggling!

Bill

yesiamth...@yahoo.com

chickenlittle

Feb 24, 2002, 12:36:26 AM2/24/02

While I hate to inject myself into this pointless scrum, I have a
couple comments. I did visit the page referred to last night & it did
say the picture came from a 1967 concert in some coliseum I can't
remember; I distinctly remember it mentioning that it was previously
unknown show. It has since been changed. This leads me to one of two
conclusions: that somebody hacked the page to make bobsboots.com look
bad or it was originally being touted as being from a 1967 show, which
would be irresponsible. Regardless of which it is, someone looks bad.

This whole escapade is starting to look rather phony to me. I can't
understand why Pinkerton (who's put together a very useful site)
continues to respond to this guy? And I'm not sure what to think of
the various lackeys that have sprung to continue waging this annoying
spat. I don't see this 'issue' becoming big enough to warrant them.
It sometimes makes me wish each individual should only be allowed one
email account for life.

All of you should start a yahoo group & take it over there. Make it
easy to join & all those interested can enter, letting you continue
this back & forth to your heart's content. I see no reason for this to
be on r.m.d anymore.

No offense to Arthur Louie & pool.dylantree.com, but it's too bad the
wire service didn't pick up this little developing story. I think it'd
be quite amusing to the general public to know about the war of words
being waged by two Dylan bootleg info sites & their respective camps
(if they even have camps). All this time could be put to good use by
improving their sites. While I think both are extremely useful, they
both could use some improvement.

All done.

c.l

ps. If you plan to respond directly to me about something in this
email that would be of little use to the rest of the folks here,
please take it to email. I'll gladly respond there.

Remove the 'NO SPAM PLEASE' from the email address before replying.

Richard

Feb 24, 2002, 12:15:50 PM2/24/02
You mean you guys all missed that great Bob concert at Shea Stadium in 1966?

Dan Reaves

Feb 24, 2002, 12:36:27 PM2/24/02
Richard asked:

>You mean you guys all missed that great Bob concert at Shea Stadium in 1966?

I was listening to that this afternoon, what a great show. And that opening
act, I think they were called the Beatles, was OK too.

Dan