Rollcall

1 view

th boooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngeer

May 27, 2007, 10:56:26 PM5/27/07
KRDE is playing this weeks show

KEGR isn't playing any show

WBLM is playing the D-Pod show

Jim Waters

May 27, 2007, 11:24:08 PM5/27/07
On Sun, 27 May 2007 21:56:26 -0500, "th
<400bo...@boooooooooooooooooiiiiingeeeerking.com> wrote:

>KRDE is playing this weeks show
>
>KEGR isn't playing any show
>
>WBLM is playing the D-Pod show

8:20 pm Pacific time and KEGR is STILL not airing the Doctor Demento
show.

No messages on KEGR.forum since Monday, May 21 and nothing having
anything to do with Dr. D since last Sunday May 20th @ 8:10 pm Pacific
time.

I'm starting to think there are now only two stations still streaming
Dr. D., KRDE and KYYS.

-- Jim Waters <jimw...@comcast.net>

ezer...@insightbb.com

May 28, 2007, 12:09:15 AM5/28/07
On May 27, 11:24 pm, Jim Waters <jimwat...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 May 2007 21:56:26 -0500, "th
> boooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngeer"
>
> <400boing...@boooooooooooooooooiiiiingeeeerking.com> wrote:
> >KRDE is playing this weeks show
>
> >KEGR isn't playing any show
>
> >WBLM is playing the D-Pod show
>
> 8:20 pm Pacific time and KEGR is STILL not airing the Doctor Demento
> show.
>
> No messages on KEGR.forum since Monday, May 21 and nothing having
> anything to do with Dr. D since last Sunday May 20th @ 8:10 pm Pacific
> time.
>
> I'm starting to think there are now only two stations still streaming
> Dr. D., KRDE and KYYS.
>
> -- Jim Waters <jimwat...@comcast.net>

NO Dr. Demento on WOZZ wozz.com in Appleton, WI tonight.
The disc jockey said they are talking about continuing to air the
show.
Apparenly the contact has ended.
Edwin
Lafayette, IN

ezer...@insightbb.com

May 28, 2007, 12:11:15 AM5/28/07
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that they didn't recieve a show to air
tonight.
> Edwin
> Lafayette, IN- Hide quoted text -

Wayne Garmil

May 28, 2007, 12:24:43 AM5/28/07
On Sun, 27 May 2007 21:56:26 -0500, "th
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngeer"
<400bo...@boooooooooooooooooiiiiingeeeerking.com> wrote:

>KEGR isn't playing any show

For May 27, KEGR started the January 08, 2006 show at midnight EDT (at
the time the show should have ended). No announcement was made on
either the station website or the KEGR forum.

Does anyone know if Talonian is pulling the same games they did to
WPYX because KEGR streams the show?

Wayne

--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

th boooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngeer

May 28, 2007, 1:04:07 AM5/28/07

"Wayne Garmil" <wga...@theworld.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 27 May 2007 21:56:26 -0500, "th
> boooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngeer"
> <400bo...@boooooooooooooooooiiiiingeeeerking.com> wrote:
>
>>KEGR isn't playing any show
>
> For May 27, KEGR started the January 08, 2006 show at midnight EDT (at
> the time the show should have ended). No announcement was made on
> either the station website or the KEGR forum.
>
> Does anyone know if Talonian is pulling the same games they did to
> WPYX because KEGR streams the show?

Probably doing the same thing with KYYS

Message has been deleted

irving j puddlebump

May 29, 2007, 9:15:59 AM5/29/07
On May 28, 12:04 am, "th
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngeer"
<400boing...@boooooooooooooooooiiiiingeeeerking.com> wrote:
> "Wayne Garmil" <wgar...@theworld.com> wrote in message

> > On Sun, 27 May 2007 21:56:26 -0500, "th
> > boooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngeer"
> > <400boing...@boooooooooooooooooiiiiingeeeerking.com> wrote:
>
> >>KEGR isn't playing any show
>
> > For May 27, KEGR started the January 08, 2006 show at midnight EDT (at
> > the time the show should have ended). No announcement was made on
> > either the station website or the KEGR forum.
>
> > Does anyone know if Talonian is pulling the same games they did to
> > WPYX because KEGR streams the show?
>
> Probably doing the same thing with KYYS
>
> --

WLUP was playing the food show.

peterpuck9

May 31, 2007, 1:21:04 PM5/31/07
On May 29, 9:08 am, Terry del Fuego <t_del_fu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 May 2007 00:24:43 -0400, Wayne Garmil

> <wgar...@theworld.com> wrote:
> >Does anyone know if Talonian is pulling the same games they did to
> >WPYX because KEGR streams the show?
>
> It's a damned shame. I hadn't heard the show in many years and was
> thrilled to find the streams *and* to find that I could listen at a
> reasonable hour. I've really enjoyed getting back in touch with the
> Doctor these last few months, but I guess this is the end.
>
> If anyone "in charge" is reading this: For a bunch of reasons, I won't
> pay to download the shows, especially at such absurdly low bitrates.
> For one thing, I don't want to be tied to the computer to listen--I
> was getting the streams via a Roku Soundbridge, which is greatly
> preferable to having to use a computer. While listening to the
> streams, I also listened to all the commercials...now I'm listening to
> neither.
>
> C'mon folks: When you look at how many stations play the show now
> compared to how many used to, it's pretty clear that things have gone
> downhill and probably will not turn around. No one is sorrier about
> that than I am. But if you stop providing the show to the few
> stations willing to air it, you're just going to kill it for good and
> sooner rather than later. I'm genuinely sorry that it's not making
> (and even apparently losing) money, but this isn't going to fix that.
> You need more listeners and more fans, not fewer.
>
> The show's final episode is going to be a very sad ending to a
> wonderful run, but I suspect/fear that that day is at hand.

We have been debating the streaming issue for the past year now and
have gotten nowhere with it. In my opinion, the show has alienated the
people who would be willing to pay for a better, portable stream at
the expense of the few who don't want to pay for anything under any
circumstances. And you're right, it is very sad and hopeless....P

ChgoBoy

May 31, 2007, 11:10:39 PM5/31/07
On 29 May 2007 06:15:59 -0700, irving j puddlebump
<jfo...@benefitconsultinggroup.com> wrote:

Why not connect your stereo receiver to your computer and record the
show on your PC? Then you could upload the show segments to the
alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.dr_demento newsgroup so those of us who don't
live where the Good Doctor's shows are available on radio can enjoy
them too.

The nearest show to me is on a station over 200 miles away, and with
the number of stations that stream it shrinking, I don't want to crowd
out the regulars who listen to (and record) the streamed shows for the
listening pleasure of us all.

:-(

ChicagoBoy

th boooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngeer

Jun 3, 2007, 10:46:47 PM6/3/07
KRDE is playing this week's show, KEGR isn't

th boooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngeer

Jun 4, 2007, 1:13:57 AM6/4/07
KYYS isn't playing any show (yet)
<400bo...@boooooooooooooooooiiiiingeeeerking.com> wrote in message