Jef Jaisun

LDLANG

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
Hi Ken:

Actually it is found on the album "Dr Demento's
Dementia Royale."

I know it's been played lately on Dr D, but I can't
get Jeff Morris' search engine to work for me right
now.

Larry

mojofi...@my-deja.com wrote in message <8lj1jl$puv$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>Hello, All:
>
>I just discovered this newsgroup tonight, and subscribed through
>Deja.com. Hooray!
>
>Once, a very long time ago, I heard a song on the Dr. Demento Show,
>called "Friendly Neighborhood Narco Agent" by Jef Jaisun. I jammed a
>tape in the machine and caught most of it. Since then, I've not heard
>it again. I do know that it was on at least one Dr. D. album- I think
>it was "Dementia Royale". I saw it in a record store (which is why I
>know how to spell the artist's name), but of course I was broke at the
>time. When I went back to buy it, it was gone.
>
>Does anyone here know how I might acquire this album, or at least the
>song? It is in my Top 5 of records I must have before I die.
>
>Any help will be much appreciated. If any kind folks have mp3
>capability, they are most welcome, please contact me through Deja and I
>will give you an alternate e-mail address.
>
>Thank you, and stay demented!
>
>Ken
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

LDLANG

Jul 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/24/00
Here's the most recent times it's been played on
Dr D.

drd00.0213.html:#5 Friendly Neighborhood Narco Agent - Jef Jaisun
drd00.0716.html:Friendly Neighborhood Narco Agent - Jef Jaisun

Thanks Jeff Morris

mojofi...@my-deja.com

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00

Rob Killam

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
Jef Jaisun's "Friendly Neighborhood Narco Agent" was on the 1975
album "Dr. Demento's Delights" It is out of print, so your best
bet is a local used record store, or one of any number of
used record websites.

Dementedly yours,

Rob

Eric Houg

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
mojofi...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Does anyone here know how I might acquire this album, or at least the
> song? It is in my Top 5 of records I must have before I die.

I have a spare copy of "Dr. Demento's Delights" (1975 the first compilation, out
of print) VG- $5 + $4 for the stamps and the box and stuff.
Also Jef Jaisun occasionally sells the original Narco Agent EP's on E-bay or
some such. Also you might want his album "Brand New Rose" which is more
mainstream, not much comedy. I critiqued it here:
http://www.houg.com/critiques/JefJaisun.html Or you could go directly to his
Friendly Neighborhood Narco Agent FAQ at http://www.eljefe.net/fnnafaq.html
or e-mail him at mailto:elj...@eljefe.net He's still quite alive and user
friendly :)

mojofi...@my-deja.com

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
Hi, All:

Thank you all for your kind assistance. I will be getting the album
from Eric.
I'm glad I remembered the Rhino title correctly; I believe I read on
Jef's website that it hadn't been on any Rhino compilations.
I wrote him- I hope he replies. All indications point to him being a
friendly guy.

Take care,

Rob Killam

Jul 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/26/00
mojofi...@my-deja.com wrote in <8lleq0$jmj$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>:

>Hi, All:
>
>Thank you all for your kind assistance. I will be getting the album
>from Eric.
>I'm glad I remembered the Rhino title correctly; I believe I read on
>Jef's website that it hadn't been on any Rhino compilations.
>I wrote him- I hope he replies. All indications point to him being a
>friendly guy.
>
>Take care,
>
>Ken

Hey Ken,

You're welcome.

To be nitpicky, Jef is correct. Dr. Demento's Delights was put
out by Warner Bros. in 1975. FNNA has never been on a Rhino
compilation. Of course since Time-Warner bought Rhino several
years ago (after 1975), the distinction is moot.

Dementedly yours,

Rob

Mary Creasey

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00

> Hello, All:
>
> I just discovered this newsgroup tonight, and subscribed through
> Deja.com. Hooray!
>
> Once, a very long time ago, I heard a song on the Dr. Demento Show,
> called "Friendly Neighborhood Narco Agent" by Jef Jaisun. I jammed a

[snip]

> Does anyone here know how I might acquire this album, or at least the
> song? It is in my Top 5 of records I must have before I die.

Others have answered your questions. Curious--what are the other four?

Best,

--
Mary Creasey
Random Factors

mojofi...@my-deja.com

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00
In article <9lOf5.10164$RG6.8...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
"Mary Creasey" <cre...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Others have answered your questions. Curious--what are the other
four?

Hi, Mary:

They are, in no particular order:

"Stealin'" by Eddie Dean (on 45 RPM as opposed to broken 78)
"Toast" by ... oh geez, I can't remember... it's a novelty record from
the early '80s... anybody here know?
"Good Rockin' Tonight" by Wynonie Harris (to replace broken 78)
"Guess I'm Dumb" by Glen Campbell (a Brian Wilson production)

Special Mention goes to:

"I've Got The Sun In The Morning" by Les Brown & His Band Of Renown
(vocalist Doris Day)- a remastered copy of the same take that is on my
78; the version on the LB CD is a different (not quite as good) take.

There are definitely more, but as you get over 11,000 records, the want
list grows shorter and shorter (thankfully!).

Regards,

Al Kossow

Jul 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/27/00
From article <8lpu53$ttv$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, by mojofi...@my-deja.com:

> "Toast" by ... oh geez, I can't remember... it's a novelty record from
> the early '80s... anybody here know?

Paul Young and Streetband

860330
860608