Billboard Top 75 Albums 2000

Lysis627

Dec 22, 2000, 6:28:27 PM12/22/00
Billboard

Top 75 Country Albums 2000

1 FLY Dixie Chicks Monument/Sony
2 BREATHE Faith Hill Warner Bros./WRN
3 COME ON OVER Shania Twain Mercury
4 A PLACE IN THE SUN Tim McGraw Curb
5 LONELY GRILL Lonestar BNA/RLG
6 WIDE OPEN SPACES Dixie Chicks Monument/Sony
7 LATEST GREATEST STRAITEST HITS George Strait MCA Nashville
8 UNDER THE INFLUENCE Alan Jackson Arista Nashville/RLG
9 THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS Garth Brooks Capitol
10 LEANN RIMES LeAnn Rimes Curb
11 THE WHOLE SHEBANG SheDaisy Lyric Street/Hollywood
12 SO GOOD TOGETHER Reba McEntire MCA Nashville
13 I HOPE YOU DANCE Lee Ann Womack MCA Nashville
14 ONE VOICE Billy Gilman Epic/Sony
15 COYOTE UGLY Soundtrack Curb
16 EVERYWHERE WE GO Kenny Chesney BNA/RLG
17 EMOTION Martina McBride RCA/RLG
18 HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?! Toby Keith DreamWorks/Interscope
19 SHE RIDES WILD HORSES Kenny Rogers Dreamcatcher
20 PERMANENTLY Mark Wills Mercury
21 WHO NEEDS PICTURES Brad Paisley Arista Nashville/RLG
22 D'LECTRIFIED Clint Black RCA/RLG
23 WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD Anne Murray StraightWay
24 GREATEST HITS Kenny Chesney BNA/RLG
25 SMOKE RINGS IN THE DARK Gary Allan MCA Nashville
26 PEOPLE LIKE US Aaron Tippin Lyric Street/Hollywood
27 REAL LIVE WOMAN Trisha Yearwood MCA Nashville
28 DOUBLE LIVE Garth Brooks Capitol
29 BURN Jo Dee Messina Curb
30 GEORGE STRAIT George Strait MCA Nashville
31 I'M ALRIGHT Jo Dee Messina Curb
32 BRAND NEW ME John Michael Montgomery Atlantic/AG
33 LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE Clay Walker Giant/Warner Bros.
34 TATTOOS & SCARS Montgomery Gentry Columbia/Sony
35 FAITH Faith Hill Warner Bros./WRN
36 LET'S MAKE SURE WE KISS GOODBYE Vince Gill MCA Nashville
37 SECRET OF GIVING: A CHRISTMAS COLLECTION Reba McEntire MCA Nashville
38 NEW DAY DAWNING Wynonna Curb/Mercury
39 MERRY CHRISTMAS WHEREVER YOU ARE George Strait MCA Nashville
40 COLD HARD TRUTH George Jones Asylum/WRN
41 TIGHT ROPE Brooks & Dunn Arista Nashville/RLG
42 YOU WON'T EVER BE LONELY Andy Griggs RCA/RLG
43 16 BIGGEST HITS Johnny Cash Legacy/Columbia/Sony
44 SWIMMING IN CHAMPAGNE Eric Heatherly Mercury
45 20 GREATEST HITS Chris LeDoux Capitol
46 SINGLE WHITE FEMALE Chely Wright MCA Nashville
47 KEITH URBAN Keith Urban Capitol
48 STEAM Ty Herndon Epic/Sony
49 RASCAL FLATTS Rascal Flatts Lyric Street/Hollywood
50 GREATEST BITS Jeff Foxworthy Warner Bros./WRN
51 ALWAYS NEVER THE SAME George Strait MCA Nashville
52 LESSONS LEARNED Tracy Lawrence Atlantic/AG
53 FORGET ABOUT IT Alison Krauss Rounder/Mercury
54 LAST CHANCE FOR A THOUSAND YEARS: GREATEST HITS FROM THE 90'S Dwight Yoakam
Reprise/WRN
55 TRACKS Collin Raye Epic/Sony
56 MORE... Trace Adkins Capitol
57 WHERE THE HEART IS Soundtrack BNA/RLG
58 RED DIRT GIRL Emmylou Harris Nonesuch/AG
59 I'M DIGGIN' IT Alecia Elliott MCA Nashville
60 PHIL VASSAR Phil Vassar Arista Nashville/RLG
61 YES! Chad Brock Warner Bros./WRN
62 GREATEST HITS VOLUME ONE Toby Keith Mercury
63 FOR THE RECORD: 41 NUMBER ONE HITS Alabama RCA/RLG
64 16 BIGGEST HITS Willie Nelson Legacy/Columbia/Sony
65 ULTIMATE COUNTRY PARTY 2 Various Artists Arista Nashville/RLG
66 HOW BIG'A BOY ARE YA? VOLUME 6 Roy D. Mercer Virgin
67 WISH YOU WERE HERE Mark Wills Mercury
68 HOPE FLOATS Soundtrack Capitol
69 HEART SHAPED WORLD Jessica Andrews DreamWorks/Interscope
70 BIG FUNNY Jeff Foxworthy DreamWorks/Interscope
71 TRANSCENDENTAL BLUES Steve Earle E-Squared/Artemis
72 GREATEST FITS: THE BEST OF HOW BIG'A BOY ARE YA? Roy D. Mercer Virgin
73 DOWN THE ROAD I GO Travis Tritt Columbia/Sony
74 SUPERSTAR COUNTRY HITS Various Artists UTV/Universal
75 HIGH MILEAGE Alan Jackson Arista Nashville/RLG

Country Boy

Dec 22, 2000, 7:50:35 PM12/22/00
Interesting list. Only one album in the Top 10 was actually released during
the year. Four in the Top 20.

"Lysis627" <lysi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Lysis627

Dec 22, 2000, 10:23:06 PM12/22/00
Country Boy wrote:

>Interesting list. Only one album in the Top 10 was actually released during
>the year. Four in the Top 20.

Yeah, I wonder how the Grammys are gonna handle this? Almost all the big albums
were released before the eligibility period. Here are what I consider the only
contenders for the Country Album of the Year Grammy, with * next to the ones I
think are locks for nominations:

*Johnny Cash - Solitary Man
Emmylou Harris - Red Dirt Girl
*Faith Hill - Breathe
Patty Loveless - Strong Heart
Shelby Lynne - I Am Shelby Lynne
*Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance
Trisha Yearwood - Real Live Woman
Dwight Yoakam - Tomorrow's Sounds...

anyone think of any others that might get nominated?

PurPle STAiN

Dec 22, 2000, 10:53:14 PM12/22/00
> > 67 WISH YOU WERE HERE Mark Wills Mercury

'Wish You Were Here' - Pink Floyd

Janice Brooks

Dec 22, 2000, 11:39:36 PM12/22/00
Solatary Man was released in October.
Grammy cutoff is the end of September
BUS Janice http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/3886/index.html
Moderator(country music) Steel Guitar Forum
http//www.b0b.com

Lysis627

Dec 23, 2000, 12:34:49 AM12/23/00

>Solatary Man was released in October.
>Grammy cutoff is the end of September
>BUS Janice

That sucks, I was hoping Cash would get another Grammy. Ah well, thanks for
the tip. Now the field is even thinner.

Country Boy

Dec 23, 2000, 12:40:06 AM12/23/00
Vince Gill released an album this year. He has won at least one Grammy
Award in each of the last ten years. I'd expect he'd at least get one
nomination. But Lee Ann Womack is likely to be a favorite in a number of
categories. Her CD is on most of the critics "best" lists. I wouldn't be
surprised to see "The Little Girl" get a nomination. And Trisha is always a
Grammy favorite.

"Lysis627" <lysi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Lysis627

Dec 23, 2000, 1:06:24 AM12/23/00
>ject: Re: Grammy Noms (Was Re: Billboard Top 75 Albums 2000)
>From: "Country Boy" UDL...@prodigy.com
>Date: 12/22/2000 9:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

>Vince Gill released an album this year. He has won at least one Grammy
>Award in each of the last ten years. I'd expect he'd at least get one
>nomination.

Yeah, he's def a favorite too. Forgot him. He prob will get a nomination or
two. Good call, CB.

Lexie567

Dec 23, 2000, 10:02:00 AM12/23/00
> And Trisha is always a
>Grammy favorite.

At least THEY recognize her talent. :-)

~Dawn

joe...@127.0.0.1

Dec 23, 2000, 11:27:08 AM12/23/00

For the worst album of his career?

Janice Brooks

Dec 23, 2000, 1:35:50 PM12/23/00
I think he is a shoe in for 2002.

MyPest

Dec 23, 2000, 4:40:34 PM12/23/00
I don't think Vince was nominated in the album catagory last year, for the best
album of his career "The Key". The latest cd will probably not be nominated,
but he will probably pick up a nomination for vocal performance, and maybe one
for the duet he has on it with Amy (the Grammys don't require a collaboration
to be released as a single in order to receive a nomination).

Mary Anne

Country Boy

Dec 23, 2000, 9:33:28 PM12/23/00
I'd expect some people might think even Vince at his worst is still better
than Faith or Chad Brock at their best.

If you're a fan of Vince's guitar work, this current album might be one of
his best. You get a lot more of his playing here than you usually get.

Country Boy

Dec 23, 2000, 9:36:45 PM12/23/00
The Key was released in 1998, so it would have received the nomination in
1999. He won last year for his work on Ridin' With Bob. I believe his duet
with Patty Loveless was nominated too.

"MyPest" <myp...@aol.com> wrote in message

MyPest

Dec 23, 2000, 10:08:29 PM12/23/00

The duet was nominated in 1999- before it was released as a single. Last year,
Vince was nominated for Male Vocal Performance, which was won by George Jones.

Lysis627

Dec 23, 2000, 11:07:12 PM12/23/00

>I'd expect some people might think even Vince at his worst is still better
>than Faith or Chad Brock at their best.

Also, Trisha got nominated for her worst album, "Where Your Road Leads," so
anything is possible. Actually, since they re-introduced the Country Album
Category, every Trisha studio CD has been nominated, so I imagine "Real Live
Woman" is a favorite. I hope it wins the Grammy, it's my fave country album of
2000.

Country Boy

Dec 23, 2000, 11:20:55 PM12/23/00
I'd agree, although it would be tough to choose between Trisha and Lee Ann.

"Lysis627" <lysi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Significant Other

Dec 24, 2000, 2:20:27 AM12/24/00
> Also, Trisha got nominated for her worst album, "Where Your Road Leads,"
so
> anything is possible.

You bet.

Stan,
http://stansqncrs.8m.com/
"All roads lead to (Hell)" - Flash and the Pan ('Make Your Own Cross')
+- +- +- +-
'Atlantis Calling' - Flash and the Pan
+- +- +- +-

Stacy, CMFTF Site Editor

Dec 26, 2000, 10:09:10 AM12/26/00

Lysis627 wrote:
>so I imagine "Real Live Woman" is a favorite. I hope it wins the Grammy,
it's my fave country album of
>2000.

I agree whole-heartedly. It is a solid release from start to finish and is
my personal pick for the best CD of 2000. Runners-up would include The
Cowboy by Chris Ledoux, Strong Heart by Patty Loveless and I Hope You Dance
by Lee Ann Womack.

Stacy

Country Boy

Dec 26, 2000, 11:59:43 PM12/26/00
By the way, the Associated Press put out it's Top 10 today. I'll see if I
can reprint it here somehow. It contains a number of great suggestions for
Grammy nominees, including "Big Mon," the Bill Monroe tribute album. And
"Fearless" by Terri Clark.

"Stacy, CMFTF Site Editor" <edi...@countrymusicforthefans.comDELETE> wrote
in message news:qw226.171808$DG3.3...@news2.giganews.com...

People...@webtv.net