Great Big Yam Potatoes

PaulH

Apr 20, 2002, 11:52:45 PM4/20/02
Does anyone know where I could get a copy of the LP "Great Big Yam
Potatoes: Anglo-American Fiddle Music from Mississippi." It was put
out out in the mid-80s I think by the state of Mississippi. I've been
listening to a tape of Paul Brown fiddling the tune "Old Blue Sow"
from that record and would love to hear more of it.

Thanks for any help.
Paul

Marianne Kovatch

Apr 20, 2002, 11:58:48 PM4/20/02
Check with John Hatton /Cleff'd Ear. He still had a bunch of copies a
couple of years ago and may still have them.
I'm sorry, but I don't have his e-mail address - I'm sure someone else here
could supply it though.

Marianne

"PaulH" <paul_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

John W. Beland

Apr 21, 2002, 8:42:23 AM4/21/02
PaulH wrote:

This may still be in print; Elderly stocked it last year and likely still
does.

Maxine G

Apr 21, 2002, 12:47:39 PM4/21/02
The email I have for John is cleff...@yahoo.com. I have no idea if it's
current.

-Maxine

--

mg at pcg dot net

"Marianne Kovatch" <m kovatch at mindspring dot com> wrote in

Steve Goldfield

Apr 21, 2002, 10:07:49 PM4/21/02
In article <8dde9385.0204...@posting.google.com>,
paul_...@hotmail.com (PaulH) wrote:

I think it's been reissued on CD. I didn't get it because I
have the LP, but I think I've seen it.

Steve
--
Steve Goldfield * Oakland, CA * stev...@earthlink.net