Bach Suites for Shoulder Cello

Yoram

Apr 10, 2009, 9:27:47 PM4/10/09
I posted this about a month ago, and now see that MDT have it as a new
release. If you want to check prior to purchasing (or are happy with mp3
at 192 kbps) then look at the link below (it's still on rapidshare).

I was listening to Sigiswald Kuijken playing the Bach Cello Suites on an
instrument he calls Cello da Spalla (Shoulder Cello). Playing is like on
a violin rather than the between-the-legs cello. I don't think it
matters much, but I find the playing lively, articulate and engaging.

It's on an Accent CD, and is available for download from here:

http://passacaille.blogspot.com/2009/03/jsbach-cello-suites.html

Enjoy,
Yoram