The answer to my question is....

Abbeddrose Bierce

Jan 24, 2011, 8:20:48 PM1/24/11
Who played principal horn in NBC when Arthur Berv was in the Air force
band?

Drum rollllllllllll

Albert Stagliano.

Stagliano was fired after the first year but he was not the problem.
The section players were. Rodzinski picked European opera players who
could not match Stagliano nor keep from breaking up during a Toscanini
forte.

The replacement Bervs came as a set.

The answer came from a very good source--Jack Berv's son.

He said that Jack was in the armed services too. Harry was exempt. He
was not sure of the years of Arthur's absence. My research shows
Stagliano left the principal chair in Detroit after the 42-43 season.
Jack' son said that Stagliano is on the skaters waltz. So let us say
that Stagliano was principal from the 43-44 season to the 45-46 season

Notice Staglioano's bigger and purer (no vibrato) sound on the
skater's waltz. He played the same horn as Harry and Jack. I assume he
went to Curtis and studied with Horner

http://www.mediafire.com/?bb5b75dvavxfth7

mono flac

Abbedd