Rachmaninov moments musicaux

Gene Homel

Jan 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/18/00
Does anyone have a particular recommendation for Rachmaninov's moments
musicaux?

Neil

Jan 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/18/00
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:51:56 +0000, Gene Homel <gho...@istar.ca> wrote:

>Does anyone have a particular recommendation for Rachmaninov's moments
>musicaux?

If you can find it on CD, Berman's DGG is to my ears definitive. He phrases is
such a gorgeous way and has all the power one good hope for.

Neil

Nicolas Hodges

Jan 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/18/00
In article <ddGEOEi57Ljg6TDpYT9r=7yV...@4ax.com>, Neil <ne...@thump.org>
writes

I didn't know he'd done an official one. His live one is wonderful - one
of my favourites of his recordings.
--
Nic

rkha...@adnc.com

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00
to gho...@istar.ca
In article <388445...@istar.ca>,

gho...@istar.ca wrote:
> Does anyone have a particular recommendation for Rachmaninov's moments
> musicaux?

Berman I (on DG LP, coupled with his Prokofiev 8th sonata), maybe hard
to find. Berman II on Ermitage or Aura (exactly the same recording and
couplings: Liszt's arrangements of Schubert songs and some Scriabin) is
a good substitute, just a notch below the DG. A cutout of the Ermitage
issue is waiting for you at Sam's in downtown Vancouver.

Ramon Khalona
Carlsbad, California

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Neil

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:02:06 +0000, Nicolas Hodges
<n...@nicolashodges.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>If you can find it on CD, Berman's DGG is to my ears definitive. He phrases is
>>such a gorgeous way and has all the power one good hope for.
>
>I didn't know he'd done an official one. His live one is wonderful - one
>of my favourites of his recordings.
>--

Two infact - one for melodya and one for DGG. The former I got in notting hill
record exchange but its in a terrible state.

Neil