Re: Rapidshare down?

Message has been deleted

bongolo...@yahoo.com

Jan 19, 2008, 12:40:33 PM1/19/08
On Jan 19, 9:06 am, MusikLover <adinfi...@infinity.net> wrote:
> I've been attempting to download a few items from OperaShare via
> Rapidshare but it seems that the servers are down. I tried downloading
> several different files (1/19, 11:00am to 11:05am EST, and it's still
> down. Anyone else?

I can't get on either!

greatwh...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 12:48:05 PM1/19/08

Is Rapidshare down???!!!

IceFest

Jan 19, 2008, 12:51:41 PM1/19/08

I'm pretty sure its down, tried acessing it through several proxys
etc. but its always dead.

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 12:57:07 PM1/19/08
its down dude,

almost 3 hours now.

I'm in australia, so its now the 20th january, 04:00am.

I've tried through proxie's, and several other computers on my network
and i cant get a connection through several different web
browsers.....

so its definately down m8.

paul.

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 12:58:58 PM1/19/08
seems strange, rapidshare is normally only down for seconds, not
minutes, and well, hell, certainly not hours thats for sure.

Must be some serious issue going on....

jonjon...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:03:32 PM1/19/08

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RapidShare

Looks like German authorities have taken it down.

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:05:29 PM1/19/08

Oh My God.....

Court Order took down the site.... WTF!@!@!@!@@!@

fus...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:06:37 PM1/19/08

bet...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:08:18 PM1/19/08
Hello!

I am in Mexico, and yes, i am trying to get rapidshare, (11:30
am-12:08 pm).

I used IE, and Orbit downloader....

Down down down

Message has been deleted

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:09:23 PM1/19/08

So nobody really knows whether its overload, or what.... only time
will tell..... Any verification on rapidshare's comment? Like where'd
it come from, or did an author just edit wiki like usual to create a
fuss?

bet...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:12:12 PM1/19/08

Rapidshare.com, As of 19 January 2008 16:00 GMT.As of 19 January 2008
16:00 GMT, Rapidshare's servers appear to be offline. There are rumors
that Rapidshare has been shut down by the authorities after a court
order, however, court records do not reveal any issued Rapidshare
court order as of yet. Rapidshare technician Steven Gircham has
commented on this issue - "There are rumors concerning attacks made on
the Rapidshare.com servers. There are also rumors that Rapidshare has
been shut down by a court order.

These rumors are false.

We would like to apologize to our users and inform them that no data
has been lost.

There have been some hardware issues as a result of high bandwidth and
server overload. We are doing our very best to resolve the hardware
issues, and users should expect uptime by midnight tonight (GMT)"

Leos...@googlemail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:14:44 PM1/19/08
Not that it's any help but rapidshare's down for me too via all
proxies.

rslinks.org went down just before xmas - they had server issues which
left them offline for about 2 - 3 weeks if i remember correctly....

let's all hope it's nothing major like getting busted and having to
relocate to a different country.... I don't really see how they could
get busted though, they don't allow illegal material and as soon as
they're notified of it they take it off...

jonjon...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:15:36 PM1/19/08
On Jan 19, 6:09 pm, Andrew Vingle <avin...@cromwell.net> wrote:
> Looks like some idiot (see above) enjoys spreading false rumours. The
> wikipedia article *actually* reads:

> "There are rumors that Rapidshare has been shut down by the
> authorities after a court order, however, court records do not reveal
> any issued Rapidshare court order as of yet. Rapidshare technician
> Steven Gircham has commented on this issue - "There are rumors
> concerning attacks made on the Rapidshare.com servers. There are also
> rumors that Rapidshare has been shut down by a court order. These
> rumors are false. We would like to apologize to our users and inform
> them that no data has been lost. There have been some hardware issues
> as a result of high bandwidth and server overload. We are doing our
> very best to resolve the hardware issues, and users should expect
> uptime by midnight tonight"

Sorry that you think I'm an 'idiot', but if you haven't realised,
wikipedia gets updated constantly.
I didn't start the 'rumours', I was just giving you information. Sorry
you weren't grateful.

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:19:15 PM1/19/08
I'm already having withdrawals :(

Worse than a heroin addict after 48hrs without a shot.....

HELPPPPPP MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:21:08 PM1/19/08
wiki has now been updated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RapidShare

Message has been deleted

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:35:56 PM1/19/08

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:44:19 PM1/19/08

spose we just get megaupload acc's then

Message has been deleted

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 1:56:20 PM1/19/08
On Jan 20, 4:51 am, "Matthew B. Tepper" <oyþ@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I can't be the only one here who's noticed that throwaway Gmail addresses
> and/or X-No-Archive settings predominate in this thread.
>
> But I wanted to be the first to point it out openly, for what it's worth.
>
> --
> Matthew B. Tepper: WWW, science fiction, classical music, ducks!
> My personal home page --http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/index.html
> My main music page ---http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/berlioz.html
> To write to me, do for my address what Androcles did for the lion
> War is Peace. ** Freedom is Slavery. ** It's all Napster's fault!

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8460.cfm

paulol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 2:13:13 PM1/19/08

Wiki Update #5: Steve Job's bought rapidshare and is converting the
domain over to iRapidshare. You will only be able to download if you
have a macbook air.

source: Jesus

Gerard

Jan 19, 2008, 2:21:40 PM1/19/08
Matthew B. Tepper wrote:
> I can't be the only one here who's noticed that throwaway Gmail
> addresses and/or X-No-Archive settings predominate in this thread.
>
> But I wanted to be the first to point it out openly, for what it's
> worth.

Thanks.
Interesting.

Peter J

Jan 19, 2008, 2:32:13 PM1/19/08
LATEST: rapidshare has been bought by a giant American rabbit

now known as

GrandRapidsHare

Peter

notes...@yahoo.com

Jan 19, 2008, 2:48:49 PM1/19/08
No, you're all wrong. BMG and Universal have succeeded in shutting
down RapidShare so that royalties on the "New Ansermet Edition" and
the "New Toscanini Edition" can be computed and paid. So far, they're
well into 6 figures.

Have your checkbook handy, abbedd?

Bruce

jonjon...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2008, 5:49:11 PM1/19/08

Rapidshare is now up and running, it appears it was a DNS error

Jan 19, 2008, 6:57:44 PM1/19/08
In article
<8baa3d18-5de3-4172...@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
<jonjon...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ha! I bet Joyce Hatto was behind it. If she was, when you downloaded
Jorge Bolet, you got Alfred Cortot.

-Owen

Simon Roberts

Jan 19, 2008, 10:22:53 PM1/19/08
In article <190120081857445910%ow...@denofinequityx.com>, O says...

>Ha! I bet Joyce Hatto was behind it. If she was, when you downloaded
>Jorge Bolet, you got Alfred Cortot.

If only!

Simon

Bob Lombard