Real post- Argerich and Verbier Youth

Rugby

Nov 15, 2007, 1:57:11 PM11/15/07
Argerich returns to Chicago for the first time in 18 years ( !!) ,
although with her oft-played Porkofieff 3, review here:

http://tinyurl.com/3y3trq

Rugby

vhorowitz

Nov 15, 2007, 10:54:12 PM11/15/07

I saw the Houston performance the other night and it was absolutely
astounding playing from Argerich! I could elaborate but I just
polished off about my last of about 20 string concerto accompaniments
for a competition today, and the noggin is pretty much toast at this
point........suffice to say that even a relative NON convert (might
have to seriously reconsider that stance) was utterly blown away by
what she accomplished....... if Dutoit and the impressive but somewhat
inflexible Verbier group had matched her it would have been even more
a night to remember. GO!

Neal