John Williams correspondence

michael...@mac.com

Jun 30, 2008, 6:06:14 PM6/30/08
From: John Williams
Subject: Re: new guitar
Date: June 29, 2008 11:15:19 AM MDT
To: michae...@mac.com

Hi!,
Thank you very much for the Brazilian rosewood! Yes, I would prefer
Spruce of Ceder.
The Rose rosette is also my favorite. I'll email later for the other
things such as the 20th
fret or tuning machines. Also, I was wondering if you could lower the
action of the guitar
when you're done. The link is actually
www.pittsburghconcertsociety.org.
Bye!

On 6/29/08, michael Thames <michae...@mac.com> wrote:
Hi John,
Your mom asked me to send you a photo of the new rosette I'm
using. I'm making you a new double top of Brazilian rosewood back and
sides.

Also the top as you know will be a composite double top. Your mon
said you would prefer spruce rather than cedar.

BTW, Could you please send me the link for the
pittsburgconcert.org. I'd like to hear you play but I think I wrote
down the wrong link.

Any question feel free to call or write.

All the best
Michael

To hear John Williams play click the link above and scroll down to
February 3rd. John Williams BTW, is 13 years old, and will compete
this year at the GFA under 16 competition. He's quite a good player.

Shame on you all for doubting my word and integrity.

I now shake myself loose from the fleas, and will no longer be gracing
the pages of this round up posse of amateurs. In the words of my
mentor Jackson, I now bid you all Adieu!

MT

John Nguyen

Jun 30, 2008, 6:17:36 PM6/30/08
On Jun 30, 6:06 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
>         From:   John Williams
>         Subject:        Re: new guitar
>         Date:   June 29, 2008 11:15:19 AM MDT
>         To:     michaeltha...@mac.com

> Shame on you all for doubting my word and integrity.
>
> I now shake myself loose from the fleas, and will no longer be gracing
> the pages of this round up posse of amateurs. In the words of my
> mentor Jackson, I now bid you all Adieu!
>
> MT

MT,

Best wishes to you. I hope peace will be upon you someday.
Cheers,

John

Augustine

Jun 30, 2008, 6:32:57 PM6/30/08
On Jun 30, 3:06 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
> From: John Williams
> Subject: Re: new guitar
> Date: June 29, 2008 11:15:19 AM MDT
> To: michaeltha...@mac.com

> Hi!,
> Thank you very much for the Brazilian rosewood! Yes, I would prefer
> Spruce of Ceder.
> The Rose rosette is also my favorite. I'll email later for the other
> things such as the 20th
> fret or tuning machines. Also, I was wondering if you could lower the
> action of the guitar
> when you're done. The link is actuallywww.pittsburghconcertsociety.org.
> Bye!
>
> On 6/29/08, michael Thames <michaeltha...@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
> Your mom asked me to send you a photo of the new rosette I'm
> using. I'm making you a new double top of Brazilian rosewood back and
> sides.
>
> Also the top as you know will be a composite double top. Your mon
> said you would prefer spruce rather than cedar.
>
> BTW, Could you please send me the link for the
> pittsburgconcert.org. I'd like to hear you play but I think I wrote
> down the wrong link.
>
> Any question feel free to call or write.
>
> All the best
> Michael
>
> To hear John Williams play click the link above and scroll down to
> February 3rd. John Williams BTW, is 13 years old, and will compete
> this year at the GFA under 16 competition. He's quite a good player.
> ==========================================================================================
>
> Shame on you all for doubting my word and integrity.
>
> I now shake myself loose from the fleas, and will no longer be gracing
> the pages of this round up posse of amateurs. In the words of my
> mentor Jackson, I now bid you all Adieu!
>
> MT

Wow. The situation is even worse than I thought. Michael, it's good
that you're stepping away from the group. I recommend that you do this
across the board. You need help. You need a great deal of help. Seek
it.

Andrew Schulman

Jun 30, 2008, 6:36:23 PM6/30/08
On Jun 30, 6:32 pm, Augustine <jacksones...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Wow. The situation is even worse than I thought. Michael, it's good
> that you're stepping away from the group. I recommend that you do this
> across the board. You need help. You need a great deal of help. Seek
> it.

Wow. Yes, that was the only word I could think of.

Andrew

steve ganz

Jun 30, 2008, 7:13:29 PM6/30/08
Trickster !
Devil!
You left out the Marcel part!
--
Ganz

Curmudgeon

Jun 30, 2008, 7:19:32 PM6/30/08

"spruce of ceder"? "lower the action" after the guitar is built?
This is bizarre

enp...@cox.net

Jun 30, 2008, 7:59:36 PM6/30/08

>  To hear John Williams play click the link above and scroll down to
> February 3rd.  John Williams BTW, is 13 years old, and will compete
> this year at the GFA under 16 competition. He's quite a good player.
> ===========================================================================­

Of more interest to me is that John Williams has discovered the fabled
fountain of youth. Nice to recapture his youth, but a bummer to have
to slog through competitions again...

John E. Golden

Jun 30, 2008, 8:21:57 PM6/30/08
<enp...@cox.net> wrote in message

John Williams became arguably the highest paid classical guitarist without
slogging through any competitions.

Regards,
John E. Golden

William D Clinger

Jun 30, 2008, 8:31:51 PM6/30/08
Curmudgeon wrote:
> "spruce of ceder"? "lower the action" after the guitar is built?
> This is bizarre

I agree. There is nothing unusual about MT's post.

Besides, those are not MT's words. MT says he is
quoting a 13-year-old boy who happens to share his
name with well-known composer John Williams.

Will

michael...@mac.com

Jun 30, 2008, 9:55:04 PM6/30/08

Actually not the composer, the guitarist. You know like the difference
between 0.05 and 1.50.
MT

michael...@mac.com

Jun 30, 2008, 10:22:45 PM6/30/08
On Jun 30, 6:31 pm, William D Clinger <cesur...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Mr. Clinger interesting isn't it. I say John Williams emailed me and
ordered a guitar. No one questioned the obvious. I was able to
create an illusion in the minds of those on this new group, while it
never occurred to you, there might be more than one John Williams in
the world, even though there are in fact two people in the music world
famous and having in common the name John Williams. It might in fact
be the most common name name in the history of western man. Don't
Google it, Larry is doing it for you.

Clinger your quite gullible, I wonder what other vulnerabilities you
have in dissecting reality from what is suggested.

MT

Dicerous

Jun 30, 2008, 10:47:09 PM6/30/08

My name used to be David Russell. I spoke and joked about it with the
other David Russell when he was here, he was ok with it, but thought
maybe I was a stalker. His wife looked intrigued.

David

michael...@mac.com

Jun 30, 2008, 11:23:38 PM6/30/08

I didn't know Gay marriage was legal in your state.

MT

michael...@mac.com

Jun 30, 2008, 11:27:48 PM6/30/08

John, peace is something we earn, it doesn't fall upon us, it is
created by us. Best wishes to you as well !

MT

Dicerous

Jun 30, 2008, 11:28:12 PM6/30/08

Frankly, I think it's barbaric that womyn still have to take men's
last names when they marry them.

David

Andrew Schulman

Jun 30, 2008, 11:28:15 PM6/30/08
On Jun 30, 8:31 pm, William D Clinger <cesur...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Besides, those are not MT's words.  MT says he is
> quoting a 13-year-old boy who happens to share his
> name with well-known composer John Williams.

Will-

For the sake of accuracy, it's the accordion player, not the composer.

Think about it.

http://www.johnwilliamsmusic.com/

Andrew

michael...@mac.com

Jun 30, 2008, 11:34:36 PM6/30/08

Jackson I will miss your wise counsel, I fear the abyss.
MT

michael...@mac.com

Jun 30, 2008, 11:38:13 PM6/30/08

My wife didn't.
MT

John R.

Jul 1, 2008, 12:19:10 AM7/1/08
enp...@cox.net wrote in news:cc06b0d0-0b45-4106-b27c-6ea60c000bc9
@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Methinks there is more than 1 JW in the world. Cool post, Micheal!

John

michael...@mac.com

Jul 1, 2008, 12:25:26 AM7/1/08

Pat yourself on the Back John! Your the only one. Truth is stranger
than fiction.

MT

William D Clinger

Jul 1, 2008, 12:54:29 AM7/1/08
> For the sake of accuracy, it's the accordion player, not the composer.
>
> Think about it.
>
> http://www.johnwilliamsmusic.com/
>
> Andrew

WHOOSH!

Silly me. The concertina player would been my second
guess. I never would have suspected the accordionist.

Will

Benoit Meulle-Stef

Jul 1, 2008, 4:09:20 AM7/1/08
I dont understand one thing here: MT why you didnt waited to compleat
the guitar, have you, the guitar and John photograph and THEM send all
the other jalous to hell...
Cheers
Benoit

JMF

Jul 1, 2008, 8:51:08 AM7/1/08

<michael...@mac.com> wrote in message

MT
=================
I have to agree, that was a hilarious ending to this whole thing. I got a
great laugh out of it.

John

carlosguitar2000

Jul 1, 2008, 10:26:31 AM7/1/08
I believe he played at the Columbus, GA GFA... creating quite a buzz...

socrates

Jul 1, 2008, 12:09:49 PM7/1/08

HEre's what you said: "I can't believe it John Williams wants me to
make him a guitar!"
What's so hard to believe about that?