STEVE REICH - European premiere of WTC 9/11 performed by the Kronos Quartet

luziferszorn

Jun 1, 2011, 6:38:06 AM6/1/11

Mark Stratford

Jun 2, 2011, 2:11:50 PM6/2/11

Financial Times were less than enthusiastic:

"Reich proposes little more than a drone-like minimalist ostinato,
starting and ending with an emergency bleep and magnifying itself by
reference to two quartets playing similar material on tape. The only
significant melodic/harmonic input is a whiff of recorded Jewish
incantation (“Shmira”). Otherwise the score contents itself with
fitting rhythmically around speech, voiced by members of the US air
defence command, New York fire department and Reich’s neighbours in
Manhattan. “WTC 9/11” is far from trivial, but it has next to no
musical value.

Corrado Roberto

Jun 3, 2011, 11:17:41 AM6/3/11
"Mark Stratford" <mark_str...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message:

> Financial Times were less than enthusiastic:

Every time my ear seems closer to making the switch to alea, occur something to jump him back, I expect around Europe more sensibility to this type of music, I think is very important evolution of expressionism influenced a whole new generation of artists.

bye :-)
Robert.

Mark Stratford

Jun 13, 2011, 4:43:34 AM6/13/11

ole Boulez, in an interview this w/e in the UK press has found yet
another way of dismissing the minimalists. This time re: room
colours....

"..it represents creative exhaustion. If you spend a whole piece
repeating just one chord it's like being in a red room, and staying in
it for your whole life."

haha

Mark

Ratel

Jun 19, 2011, 4:02:18 AM6/19/11

"luziferszorn" <pan2...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> (1.14.25)
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011j6gn/Hear_and_Now_Steve_Reich_Tyondai_Braxton/

Is there someone who recorded " WTC 9/11 " and wants to share it?