I saw Johnny Q. Public on MTV

Brian William Waters

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
I saw this band on MTV.
the video is awesome.

I haven't seen the DC Talk video yet
I really want to see the "Jesus Freak" video.

next ya know they'll be playing
Steve Taylor videos on MTV.
that would rule!!!!

Brian

TreeVoigt

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
Yeah, they were on 120 Minutes. Stood on it's own fairly well. No mention
of the band from the host, but that's okay. It was a pleasant suprise.
Still hoping to see Morella's Forest's "Hang Out" on there...

Buried Alive,
Tree (:
PEACE, HOPE, LOVE, JESUS CHRIST
Heb 3:13

"Those who think they have the answers fail to see the poetic benefits of
confusion."-me
"Didn't my heart skip a beat
And didn't I turn right around
Then all the clouds were opened
And deep will the sun plunge..."-Morella's Forest
"Hang the DJ"-Morrissey
"For I know the plans I have for you; plans to prosper you & not to harm
you, plans to give you a hope & a future."-GOD

Layne Petersen

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
TreeVoigt wrote:
>Still hoping to see Morella's Forest's "Hang Out" on there...

Of course you are, Tree.

Hey, have you moved yet?

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
Layne_P...@MinistryNet.usa.net
"I don't want to base my beliefs on a lie. That's why I became a Christian
in the first place" - Clueless Chuck Pearson

M1106

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
I saw the video too, on a whim while I was flipping channels at 1:00 in
the morn'. I was impressed with the band member wearing a Jesus shirt. Ya
can't get much bolder. Good show guys!

Reid Davis

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
In <DKv7F...@oswego.Oswego.EDU> bwa...@news.oswego.edu (Brian

Guess what Brian...they already have. "Jim Morrison's Grave" briefly
made 120 minutes rotation (back in the Dave Kendall days - ca. 1987/8)
and Chagall's "Violent Blue" occassionally got played LATE at night...
ca. 1991.

HTH 8^)

Soli Deo Gloria
- Reid Davis (re...@ix.netcom.com)
Chief Managing Director In Charge, Department of Redundancy Dept.

zero

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
to tree...@aol.com
tree...@aol.com (TreeVoigt) wrote:

>"Hang the DJ"-Morrissey

hang the blessed dj!-johnny marr!

Adrian Gimpel

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
bwa...@news.oswego.edu (Brian William Waters ) wrote:

> next ya know they'll be playing
> Steve Taylor videos on MTV.
> that would rule!!!!

> Brian

I saw the "Jim Morrison's Grave" video on the (now cancelled)
Australian MTV a few years ago when Christian rock was first being
noticed in the mainstream. That was a buzz! They actually did a bit of
a story on him as well. They labelled him "the bad boy of Christian
rock" - sheesh!!

Adrian G.