Chagall Guevara--Violent Blue Video??

Jerry B. Ray

Jun 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/18/97

In article <33a88fb5...@news.atl.mindspring.com>,
Brook Sizemore <lbr...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I read in a Fleming & John interview (that was posted on a Website)
>that there was a Violent Blue video. Has anybody seen this thing
>before? Does anybody have it taped? I would love to get a hold of a
>copy if it does in fact exist. Email me if you have it.

Is this the one that was filmed in Cumberland Caverns in Tennessee? I've
seen that one, but I don't know if it was "Violent Blue" and I don't
know if I have a copy of it...

JRjr
--
%%%%% vap...@prism.gatech.edu %%%%%%%% Jerry B. Ray, Jr. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month.

Brook Sizemore

Jun 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/19/97

Hello all,

I read in a Fleming & John interview (that was posted on a Website)
that there was a Violent Blue video. Has anybody seen this thing
before? Does anybody have it taped? I would love to get a hold of a
copy if it does in fact exist. Email me if you have it.

By the way, that Website is http://www.auburn.edu/~mccorke/fj.html
It's in one of the interviews.

Peace,

Brook
lbr...@mindspring.com

Justin VanNingen

Jun 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/19/97

Tony Bowden <p949...@qub.ac.uk> wrote in article
<5obopb$3...@fu-berlin.de>...

> Brook Sizemore (lbr...@mindspring.com) wrote:
> > that there was a Violent Blue video. Has anybody seen this thing
> > before? Does anybody have it taped?

It exists!! Z Music plays it during their "Generation Z" and "Brimstone
Chronicles" Shows. It shows at least once a week.

If you can't get it, Oral's TV station was a RealVideo Broadcast that
carries Z on the weekends (even Oral does somthing good once in a while)
:^)

Justin

James Blind

Jun 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/19/97

seen it several times...they are playing in a cave if i remember right..it
shows up now and again on Z Music....but i dont have it at home, thus no
video copy of it...

james

--
=================================James Blind=================================
=============================jbl...@pacifier.com=============================

rose

Jun 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/20/97

On 18 Jun 1997, Jerry B. Ray wrote:

> In article <33a88fb5...@news.atl.mindspring.com>,
> Brook Sizemore <lbr...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> >I read in a Fleming & John interview (that was posted on a Website)

> >that there was a Violent Blue video. Has anybody seen this thing

> >before? Does anybody have it taped? I would love to get a hold of a
> >copy if it does in fact exist. Email me if you have it.
>

> Is this the one that was filmed in Cumberland Caverns in Tennessee? I've
> seen that one, but I don't know if it was "Violent Blue" and I don't
> know if I have a copy of it...

That's the one. It's the only video that CG made.

Peace,

Rose

Subscribe to The A-list and The A.C. Online Quarterly,
Ashley Cleveland's Official Online Newsletter!
The A-list is the informal Ashley Cleveland email
discussion/information digest! Write to ro...@dp.net.
Visit the Ashley Cleveland Home Page for more info:
http://www.dhp.com/~ashley

MikeShay

Jun 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/20/97

vap...@prism.gatech.edu (Jerry B. Ray) wrote:

>Brook Sizemore <lbr...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>>I read in a Fleming & John interview (that was posted on a Website)
>>that there was a Violent Blue video. Has anybody seen this thing
>>before? Does anybody have it taped? I would love to get a hold of a
>>copy if it does in fact exist. Email me if you have it.

>Is this the one that was filmed in Cumberland Caverns in Tennessee?
>I've seen that one, but I don't know if it was "Violent Blue"

Yep, that's the one. Steve and Chagall did it back in about '92 or so.
Originally released on a secular label, now available from Sparrow (I
think) as part of the "Now The Truth Can be Told" compilation.

Pretty good vid. Steve and the band playing, with about a hundred people
sitting at three long tables partying and feasting on all kinds of
goodies.

The song reminds me of a lot of Steve's earlier mid 80's material, in some
ways, especially that really low Bowie-esque voice for a few seconds in
one bridge right before a chorus.

Anyway, I have an individual copy of it. Email me, Brook, if you'd like a
copy.

Mike Shay