Midnight Court

mike

Dec 5, 2005, 2:13:58 PM12/5/05
Does anyone know of an English language version of this poem that has
been put on CD?
Thanks for any help.

Malcolm Douglas

Dec 6, 2005, 3:51:42 AM12/6/05
"mike" wrote:

> Does anyone know of an English language version of this poem that has
> been put on CD?

Try to be a little more specific. What cd? Made by whom? What poem? Do
you mean Brian Merriman's 'Cuirt an Mheadhon Oidhche'? Extracts from
that, with translations into English, appear in Daniel Corkery's 'The
Hidden Ireland' (Dublin: Gill & Son, 1924, 1956, 1967) and I think the
whole was published in an edition by Risteard O Foghludha; but I don't
know details, or if it included a translation.

Alan Crozier

Dec 8, 2005, 2:05:23 AM12/8/05
"Malcolm Douglas" <malcolm...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

I used to have a performance of the Midnight Court on LP. Don't remember the
names of the actors or any other details, only that some members of Horslips
(although I think it was before that group was actually formed) did the
background music. I am pretty sure that it has never been released on CD.

Alan

--
Alan Crozier
Lund

urs boegli

Dec 8, 2005, 2:29:43 AM12/8/05
to Alan Crozier
maybe these gusy know more about this:
http://www.midnightcourt.com/
Ande here is the translation:
http://www.uhb.fr/Langues/Cei/midcrt.htm

BTW it took Google and myeslf about one minute to find these information

Urs Bögli
http://www.slainte.ch

mike

Dec 8, 2005, 5:42:49 PM12/8/05
I have written versions of the text of the poem in Irish and in
English. I also have a Cd with the poem being recited in Irish which I
do not understand as I am not an Irish speaker. I would like to acquire
a CD with the poem recited in English.
Thanks

Alan Crozier

Dec 9, 2005, 1:59:37 AM12/9/05
"mike" <trvl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

A CD would be tricky. Would you settle for a cassette?