Roxy Music CDs

The Master

Apr 27, 1989, 1:41:48 PM4/27/89

The lazy American CD companies are finally going to release the
entire Roxy catalog very soon starting with the compilation "Street Life".
As for the catalog itself, it is available on Virgin EG import and is well
worth paying for: you'll get the lyrics, the original album cover art and
inside pictures, and better sound quality. Some people were inquiring be-
fore about "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway", I have the import and I am quite
pleased with it; also my "Nursery Cryme" has little noise on it unlike the
domestic. Recently, Virgin EG released the live Roxy album "Viva!" on CD
and it's great! There is even no break in applause between "sides" one and
two; excellent!

Dave White
"In every dream home, a heartache" - Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music

Joe Lynn

Apr 28, 1989, 12:24:16 PM4/28/89
In article <45...@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> The Master <da...@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

> The lazy American CD companies are finally going to release the
>entire Roxy catalog very soon starting with the compilation "Street Life".

The rights for Roxy Music's albums were recently acquired by Warner Bros.,
who will be reissuing that band's CDs beginning this coming July.
The first in the series will be the 1987 EG/Virgin compilation
"Streetlife", and the individual LPs will follow at various intervals,
as yet to be assigned.

I believe this wasn't an act of laziness on the record company's part,
rather the fact that Roxy switched record companies when "Avalon"
was released. If I were in Bryan Ferry's shoes (or Zappa, or Bowie
for that matter), I'd shop around and make sure my product would get
the treatment it deserves... unlike the reissues of Elton John, for
example...

--Joe Lynn