Chemistry

Michael Weiss

Mar 7, 1992, 3:38:43 PM3/7/92
I wrote this little parody about 4 years ago. This group seems to be pretty
appropriate for posting it. (See, I don't just write music, I write lyrics,
too!)

Chemistry (Sung to: Let It Be)

When I find myself in laboratories
Madame Curie comes to me
Neutralizing acids
Chemistry

And in my hours of darkness
There is still a light that shines on me
Brighter 'cause it's tungsten
Chemistry

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry, chemistry
Neutralizing acids
Chemistry

And when the science major students
Try to get their first degree
You will find them taking
Chemistry

But though they try and study
'Till their eyes pop out, to get a B
They'll get a C-
Chemistry

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry, chemistry,
Yeah, they'll get a C-
Chemistry

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry, chemistry,
Neutralizing acids
Chemistry

[Instrumental]

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry, chemistry,
Neutralizing acids
Chemistry

And when your mind is cloudy
'Cause of radiation therapy
There will be a half-life
Chemistry

I wake up in my laboratory
Madame Curie comes to me
Neutralizing acids
Chemistry

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry, chemistry,
There will be a half-life
Chemistry

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry, chemistry,
Neutralizing acids
Chemistry

(C) 1988 The Music Source (Michael Weiss)
--
\ | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | /
- Michael we...@seas.ucla.edu | School of Engineering & Applied Science -

Bruce Dumes

Mar 9, 1992, 8:27:37 AM3/9/92
In article <63...@lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU> we...@babbage.seas.ucla.edu (Michael Weiss) writes:
>I wrote this little parody about 4 years ago. This group seems to be pretty
>appropriate for posting it. (See, I don't just write music, I write lyrics,
>too!)
>
>Chemistry (Sung to: Let It Be)

Very funny, Michael!

Here's something somebody posted on r.m.b. *ages* ago (sorry, I didn't save
the author's name... )

Now available from ACACorp, "Top Ten Programmer's Hits!" Yes, you too can
have this album of twenty original classics! Just think of the hours of
fun you'll have listening to these great tunes:

(It's been a) Hard Disk Drive
(Type 'h' for) Help
Mr. Postmaster
Lucy in a Shell (with UNIX)

...and many, many more! And to give you an idea of how incredible these
songs *really* are, here's one we've selected just for you! Let's listen...

/* To the tune of that 60's favorite...Let It Be */

When I find my code in tons of trouble,
Friends and colleages come to me,
Speaking words of wisdom:
"Write in C."

As the deadline fast approaches,
And bugs are all that I can see,
Somewhere, someone whispers:
"Write in C."

Write in C, write in C,
Write in C, oh, write in C.
LOGO's dead and buried,
Write in C.

I used to write a lot of FORTRAN,
For science it worked flawlessly.
Try using it for graphics!
Write in C.

If you've just spent nearly 30 hours
Debugging some assembly,
Soon you will be glad to
Write in C.

Write in C, write in C,
Write in C, yeah, write in C.
Only wimps use basic.
Write in C.

Write in C, write in C
Write in C, oh, write in C.
Pascal won't quite cut it.
Write in C.

Write in C, write in C,
Write in C, yeah, write in C.
Don't even mention COBOL.
Write in C.

Don't delay - order NOW!

--
Bruce Dumes | It came in a vision - a man appeared on a |
Stratus Computer, Inc. | flaming pie and said unto them 'From this |