Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

McCartney Loses Voice, Cancels U.K. Show

0 просмотров

Edward S. Chen

не прочитано,
7 апр. 2003 г., 15:20:1907.04.2003
[Reprinted with Permission]

LONDON (Mon Apr 7 10:50:09 CST 2003) -- Former Beatle
Paul McCartney canceled the second show of his first British tour
in ten years, saying he had lost his voice because of a bad cold.

McCartney opened the British segment of his "Back in the
World" tour with a Saturday concert in Sheffield, northern England.
He called off a second show in Sheffield Sunday, said his spokesman
Geoff Baker.

"I've caught a cold which made my voice start to go after
last night's show," Baker quoted McCartney, 60, as saying.

"I woke up this morning with virtually no voice. I've been
doing all that I can to try and get my voice back and I tried
singing a couple of numbers at a sound check this afternoon, but
nothing has worked and so I am afraid I have to cancel this show in
order to save the other gigs on the tour."

Organizers told fans planning to attend to keep their
tickets and an apologetic McCartney promised the show would be
rescheduled.

McCartney last toured Britain in 1993. He plans concerts in
Manchester, Birmingham and London and will play the Beatles'
hometown, Liverpool, in June.

0 новых сообщений