Paul Ramon?

Mack A. Damia

Feb 20, 2010, 9:22:59 PM2/20/10

[Steve Miller Band]

"Miller's audience expanded with each album: Brave New World (#22,
1969), which featured the successful song "Space Cowboy" and the track
"My Dark Hour" that was co-written by and featured Paul McCartney (aka
Paul Ramon) on bass, Your Saving Grace (#38, 1969), Number 5 (#23,
1970)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Miller_Band

Crisstti

Feb 20, 2010, 11:37:19 PM2/20/10

Didn't Paul use that name in the late 50's or early 60's with The
Beatles as well?.

Mack A. Damia

Feb 20, 2010, 11:45:36 PM2/20/10

I didn't know that, but you're right.

"Prior to the success of the Beatles, McCartney would sometimes use
the stage name Paul Ramon(e), a name which inspired The Ramones to
name their band."

http://www.popstarsplus.com/music_beatles_paulmccartney.htm

Interesting how they all shared their talents with other groups.

Crisstti

Feb 21, 2010, 12:25:10 AM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 1:45 am, Mack A. Damia <mybaconbu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:37:19 -0800 (PST), Crisstti

Yeah:).

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

Feb 21, 2010, 11:42:39 AM2/21/10

"Mack A. Damia" <mybaco...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Paul first used that moniker on the Silver Beatles' first tour, with Johnny
Gentle as headliner, 20-28 May 1960, in Scotland. The lineup:

Paul McCartney - Paul Ramon
John Lennon - Johnny Silver
George Harrison - Carl Harrison
Stu Sutcliffe - Stu de Stael
Tommy Moore

Here are some, probably not all:

James P. McCartney -
Paul McCartney
Paul Ramon/Paul Ramone
Bernard Webb
Billy Martin
Apollo C. Vermouth
Percy "Thrills" Thrillington
The Fireman
Macca
Clint Harrigan

George Harrison -
Arthur Wax
Bette Y El Mysterioso
Carl Harrison
George Harrysong
George O'Hara
George O'Hara-Smith
Hari Georgeson
Jai Raj Harisein
L'Angelo Misterioso
Nelson Wilbury
P. Roducer
Son Of Harry
Spike Wilbury
Arnold Grove
Jack Lumber

Stu Sutcliffe - Stu de Stael

John Lennon -
Beatcomber
Johnny Silver
Long John
Long John Silver
Dirty Mac
Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Kaptain Kundalini
Mel Torment
The Rev. Fred Gherkin
John O'Cean
Joel Nohnn
The Rev. Thumbs Gherkin
The Hon.John St.John Johnson
Dwarf McDougal
Dr. Dream
Dr.Winston O'Reggae
Musketeer Gripweed
Dr. Winston
Booker Table
Dr. Winston O'Ghurkin

Richard Starkey -
Ringo Starr
Ognir Rrats
Richie Snare
Roy Dyke
Richie Monaco

Randolph P. Best -
Pete Best

Jales

Feb 21, 2010, 12:04:08 PM2/21/10

Didn't he play drums on that track?

Mack A. Damia

Feb 21, 2010, 12:32:33 PM2/21/10

Thanks fo the info.

I have an extrememly vague recollection that they used other names at
times, but I didn't know Paul played with Steve Miller.

Mack A. Damia

Feb 21, 2010, 12:33:16 PM2/21/10
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:04:08 -0800 (PST), Jales <jale...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea.

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

Feb 21, 2010, 1:47:28 PM2/21/10

"Mack A. Damia" <mybaco...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

He has collaborated with countless artists. Some here.

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~gjohnson/collaboration.htm

Mack A. Damia

Feb 21, 2010, 2:18:38 PM2/21/10
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:47:28 -0500, "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis"
<gree...@yeahright.com> wrote:

I discovered this when I was surfing for information about the phasing
technique called "flanging" featured originally (I think) in Toni
Fisher's "The Big Hurt".

It may have been used in Miller's, "Abracadabra", although I can find
any reference to it.

rwalker

Feb 21, 2010, 8:09:32 PM2/21/10
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:42:39 -0500, "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis"
<gree...@yeahright.com> wrote:

>"Mack A. Damia" <mybaco...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> [Steve Miller Band]
>>
>> "Miller's audience expanded with each album: Brave New World (#22,
>> 1969), which featured the successful song "Space Cowboy" and the track
>> "My Dark Hour" that was co-written by and featured Paul McCartney (aka
>> Paul Ramon) on bass, Your Saving Grace (#38, 1969), Number 5 (#23,
>> 1970)."
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Miller_Band

snip

>John Lennon -
>Beatcomber
>Johnny Silver
>Long John
>Long John Silver
>Dirty Mac
>Dr. Winston O'Boogie
>Kaptain Kundalini
>Mel Torment
>The Rev. Fred Gherkin
>John O'Cean
>Joel Nohnn
>The Rev. Thumbs Gherkin
>The Hon.John St.John Johnson
>Dwarf McDougal
>Dr. Dream
>Dr.Winston O'Reggae
>Musketeer Gripweed
>Dr. Winston
>Booker Table
>Dr. Winston O'Ghurkin

My personal favorite: Winston Legthigh, as he introduces himself
while being interviewed by Mick Jagger at the Rock and Roll Circus.