Thoughts on "Rock The Nation"?

The Frozen Canuck

Dec 23, 2005, 9:52:13 PM12/23/05
I see some positive reviews in threads below earlier. Likely now more of
you have it. What do you think?

Frankly I've been waiting years for high quality Kiss video.

The Frozen Canuck

Steamer

Dec 23, 2005, 9:58:37 PM12/23/05
The Frozen Canuck wrote:

The problem is that it's not KISS. It's a piss poor tribute band who
actually thinks they are the real thing.

--
"Come on Dancer, come on Prancer, a brand new Santa's got to be the answer;
Come on Comet, and come on Cupid, don't just stand there lookin' stupid."

Wesley

Dec 23, 2005, 10:46:01 PM12/23/05

"Steamer" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

> The Frozen Canuck wrote:
>
>> I see some positive reviews in threads below earlier. Likely now more of
>> you have it. What do you think?
>>
>> Frankly I've been waiting years for high quality Kiss video.
>>
>> The Frozen Canuck
>
> The problem is that it's not KISS. It's a piss poor tribute band who
> actually thinks they are the real thing.

Like who ?

Vroom Vroom ?

The Frozen Canuck

Dec 23, 2005, 11:00:20 PM12/23/05

"Steamer" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
> The Frozen Canuck wrote:
>
>> I see some positive reviews in threads below earlier. Likely now more of
>> you have it. What do you think?
>>
>> Frankly I've been waiting years for high quality Kiss video.
>>
>> The Frozen Canuck
>
> The problem is that it's not KISS. It's a piss poor tribute band who
> actually thinks they are the real thing.

Hi Steamer

I'm an old fan of Kiss, 45 and frankly I don't see why we can't all enjoy
watching Kiss regardless of who's playing. Personally I'd love to see the
original members, I always thought Criss and Frehley where the most
musically talented of the orginal members. Face it they did first. The
following members were somewhat copy cats. But so what. They had their
talents to which they brought to the band.

Ah, it's time to go watch the video. I scooted over to the video store
earlier and bought it. Couldn't wait to Saturday. After a few cool ones
and the kids are to bed I'm going to check it out. And maybe some stiff
drinks......

Have a good night.

The Frozen Canuck

Steamer

Dec 23, 2005, 11:26:09 PM12/23/05
The Frozen Canuck wrote:

> I'm an old fan of Kiss, 45 and frankly I don't see why we can't all enjoy
> watching Kiss regardless of who's playing.

I don't have a problem with replacements being in the band (I liked Carr,
Kulick, and Singer pre-'96). But I do have a problem with replacements
wearing the make-up of former members, and I don't care if Gene and Paul
own the rights to those make-up designs. That is why I refer to KISS
today as a tribute band that is more stuck in the past now than they were
from 1996-2000.

--
"Christmas is that mystical time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises
from the grave to feed on the flesh of the living. So we all sing

mikel

Dec 24, 2005, 7:33:07 AM12/24/05
Here, Here, give this man a toast. I agree, it would be nice to have Ace
and Peter but they don't. with all the problems we have today, this
seems like one that should not be a problem.

Either you like the band or not, that's all. The name of this groups
should change to rec.music.whining.babies.no-life.kiss

mk

greg aga

Dec 24, 2005, 7:53:42 AM12/24/05
This may be true... however the DVD is well done....video wise and the sound
is awesome.

Steamer

Dec 24, 2005, 8:31:13 AM12/24/05
mikel wrote:

> Either you like the band or not, that's all. The name of this groups
> should change to rec.music.whining.babies.no-life.kiss

The sheep bleateth!

If you don't like what we have to say, then don't read our posts.

--
"Sounds like somebody's got a humbug up his butt."
- Cleveland Brown, "Family Guy"

Pyro Messiah

Dec 24, 2005, 9:29:59 AM12/24/05
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:33:07 GMT, mikel <mik...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Either you like the band or not, that's all. The name of this groups
>should change to rec.music.whining.babies.no-life.kiss
>

>mk

Have you liked every single thing that KISS has ever done? Have you
never been critical about something that they did?

Part of being a fan of something is also being critical when they do
something that you don't like. I'm a huge fan of the baseball team
the Florida Marlins. But you know what, while they've won two world
series, they've also done some stupid things. And as a fan, I will
criticize them when they sell of their players like they're doing for
a second time.

Just the same, some people don't like some of what Gene and Paul have
done under the name KISS. Sure, each and every one of us are KISS
fans. Otherwise we wouldn't be here. You may except Tommy in Ace's
makeup, but others obviously don't. We're all allowed to be KISS fans
in the way that suits us best.

Calling someone a "whining baby" for criticizing KISS is almost the
same as calling someone a "whining baby" for criticizing certain KISS
fans. Whining and complaining is still whining and complaining
regardless of who you're complaining about.

You like the current line up, great. Pop in your DVD and enjoy
yourself. Everything I've heard it's a good DVD. Hell, I'll probably
pick it up at some point. You enjoy what you enjoy. Let others enjoy
what they enjoy.

Pyro Messiah

Dec 24, 2005, 9:30:36 AM12/24/05
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:53:42 -0500, "greg aga" <agat...@rcn.com>
wrote:

>This may be true... however the DVD is well done....video wise and the sound
>is awesome.

Any overdubs or rerecording? Or does it look like it's the actual
live recordings?

Donnie Gerrin

Dec 24, 2005, 9:30:41 AM12/24/05

"The Frozen Canuck" <can...@canuck.com> wrote in message
>The quality of this one is probably the best I've seen.

greg aga

Dec 24, 2005, 12:14:38 PM12/24/05
I think there may...but I am not completely sure. What sounds like it could
be Paul's backing vocals when he is not at a mike could be a combo of both
Tommy and Eric as they were both singing... overall, it's great sound and
video though

"Pyro Messiah" <VV-Wa...@aol.comm> wrote in message

steveh99

Dec 24, 2005, 5:34:19 PM12/24/05
In article <nJ3rf.56524$%X.3...@fe07.news.easynews.com>,
can...@canuck.com says...
No one said people couldn't watch what they wanted to watch the argument
has been what it always has been and that was the scabs wearing
Ace/Peter's makeup

steveh99

Dec 24, 2005, 5:36:09 PM12/24/05
In article <pan.2005.12.24....@steamer316.com>,
m...@privacy.net says...

> mikel wrote:
>
> > Either you like the band or not, that's all. The name of this groups
> > should change to rec.music.whining.babies.no-life.kiss
>
> The sheep bleateth!
>
> If you don't like what we have to say, then don't read our posts.

I second that motion to the bleat in question

mikel

Dec 25, 2005, 7:25:58 AM12/25/05
exactly, I can say what I want, and I did. Jeeze, can you be a little
more dramatic, or is it just the holidays.

face it there are some whiners here, again my opinion. either you like
Kiss as they are TODAY as in this point in their career or not.

mk

mikel

Dec 25, 2005, 7:29:46 AM12/25/05
this is jut like anyother job. have you ever gone to Walmart and one of
the checkers quit and another filled in, did you call them "scabs" as well.

face it KIss is a business, they always have been, all the way back to
using studio musicians on their first albums, to re-recording their live
albums in the studio. They have been using "scabs" since the beginning,
did you care back in 1975.

why not put which artist played on each song on the albums, instead of
Kiss uses Gibson Guitars and Pearl drums. What did the studio musicans
use?

I didn't care then and I don't now.

mk

Steamer

Dec 25, 2005, 7:49:07 AM12/25/05
mikel wrote:

> exactly, I can say what I want, and I did. Jeeze, can you be a little
> more dramatic, or is it just the holidays.
>
> face it there are some whiners here, again my opinion.

So why do you and some others whine when people criticize KISS.

> either you like
> Kiss as they are TODAY as in this point in their career or not.

Even if we don't, we are still KISS fans and can criticize them if we
want. Like you said above, I can say what I want. So deal with it.

--
"Father Christmas, give us some money; we got no time for your silly toys;
We'll beat you up if you don't hand it over; we want your bread so don't

Steamer

Dec 25, 2005, 7:49:10 AM12/25/05
mikel wrote:

> this is jut like anyother job. have you ever gone to Walmart and one of
> the checkers quit and another filled in, did you call them "scabs" as well.
>
> face it KIss is a business, they always have been, all the way back to
> using studio musicians on their first albums, to re-recording their live
> albums in the studio. They have been using "scabs" since the beginning,
> did you care back in 1975.

How hard is it for you to comprehend common sense? When bands go through
member changes, the replacements usually do not imitate past members.
Again, that is the issue many of us have with KISS now--not that there are
replacements, but that the replacements are mocking past members.

--
"Check the balls on Uncle Charlie (fa-la-la-la-la...)"
- Quagmire & Cleveland (singing), "Family Guy"

Pyro Messiah

Dec 25, 2005, 10:04:29 AM12/25/05
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 07:49:07 -0500, Steamer <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

>mikel wrote:
>
>> exactly, I can say what I want, and I did. Jeeze, can you be a little
>> more dramatic, or is it just the holidays.
>>
>> face it there are some whiners here, again my opinion.

That was my point exactly. Some people feel it's ok to whine about
others that they think are whining. "Bad when you do it, ok when I do
it."

Oh well, we all are fans in our own way. To each his own.

steveh99

Dec 25, 2005, 8:02:10 PM12/25/05
In article <_gwrf.36314$BZ5....@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, mikel68
@sbcglobal.net says...

No one asked you to care but fact is some people do care even if you
don't!

The Frozen Canuck

Dec 25, 2005, 11:41:41 PM12/25/05
I've had some time to listen to it. It is well done, and somewhat of what
I've been waiting for several years.

My favorite version of Detroit Rock City is still the one from the Farewell
tour where they start the concert with it. All the members come down from a
mechanized platform and the energy of the band seems great. What I
wouldn't give to have a high resolution video of it.

Well worth the $29 CAD I paid for it.

The Frozen Canuck

The Frozen Canuck

Dec 25, 2005, 11:45:27 PM12/25/05
Buy it PM. Well worth it. And post your impressions here in the NG.

--
AP

Fred Garvin

Dec 26, 2005, 7:59:15 PM12/26/05
On 2005-12-25 07:25:58 -0500, mikel <mik...@sbcglobal.net> said:

> face it there are some whiners here, again my opinion. either you like
> Kiss as they are TODAY as in this point in their career or not.
>
> mk

I'll chose not.

You're welcome.

Happy new year all!

Tom

--
Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can

Fred Garvin

Dec 26, 2005, 8:00:32 PM12/26/05
On 2005-12-25 07:29:46 -0500, mikel <mik...@sbcglobal.net> said:

> why not put which artist played on each song on the albums, instead of
> Kiss uses Gibson Guitars and Pearl drums. What did the studio musicans
> use?
>
> I didn't care then and I don't now.
>
> mk

Are you a musician? Just asking.

--
PCs, like air-conditioners, are useless when you open Windows.

geneinstein

Dec 31, 2005, 2:21:43 AM12/31/05

"The Frozen Canuck" <can...@canuck.com> wrote in message

It'zz HQ - 2006 Technology.
Until they clean up a few of their favourite performancez
with The Originalz involved, buy or rent or illegally copy RTN.

Message has been deleted