What is reggaeton?

kaysee

Apr 18, 2003, 7:04:09 PM4/18/03

reggaeton (a style which blends hip-hop and dancehall)

I'm curious if this refers only to this blend in latin music or in other
contexts. I've only seen it in articles referring to latin music.

kaysee
--
It is better to be rich than to be famous because poverty can actually kill
you while obscurity will only make you wish you were dead.

Silvana la Flaca

Apr 18, 2003, 7:49:39 PM4/18/03
kaysee <kays...@att.net> wrote:

> reggaeton (a style which blends hip-hop and dancehall)
>
> I'm curious if this refers only to this blend in latin music or in other
> contexts. I've only seen it in articles referring to latin music.

Someone told me it comes from reggae mixed with rap.
Vico C is one of the beginners, about ten years ago.

"Vico C se convirtió en uno de los primeros portavoces del rap
subterráneo ("undergorund") en Puerto Rico."
www.prpop.org/Biografias/Biografias%20UV/vico_c.html
He's from Brooklyn and his father is Puertorriqueño, by the way they
speak about "Boricua Reggaeton".

Young people love to dance reggaeton - also here in Italy.
--
bye, Silvana la Flaca

Silvana la Flaca

Apr 18, 2003, 8:43:08 PM4/18/03
Before, I wrote:

> Young people love to dance reggaeton - also here in Italy.

But just a moment: *I don't!*
Maybe not so young.

César N. Díaz

Apr 19, 2003, 4:29:27 AM4/19/03

"Silvana la Flaca" <silg...@yahoo.com> wrote

> Young people love to dance reggaeton - also here in Italy.

The same for here in Spain. Thanks for the info.

César.

kaysee

Apr 19, 2003, 8:28:15 AM4/19/03
Reggaeton is the only form of reggae I will even endure, much less dance to.
I am not a reggae fan.

I think this is one of the things that separates a lot of timba from the
more traditional 'salsa' sounds. That willingness to incorporate reggaeton
and other styles?

kaysee

"Silvana la Flaca" <silg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message