w followers issue threats of violence and death against woman....

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00

That's right, a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission
has received death threats from cowardly, irrational w followers
who are opposed to a fair and accurate count of votes. Apparently,
they prefer to settle the vote controversy with threats, ignorance,
and violence rather than by following the law fairly and honestly.
Can't say anyone should be the least bit surprised...
Henry

"There ought to be limits to freedom."
GWB

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:44:49 -0500, "Henry H. Hansteen"
<hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> That's right, a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission
> has received death threats from cowardly, irrational w followers

When you can document the arrest, or even better conviction, of
anyone connected to W for these alleged threats, let me know.
*yawn*

> Can't say anyone should be the least bit surprised...

That you would blame W for things he had nothing to do with? Nope,
no surprise there.
Adam Wade "The only way I'll stop riding
CWRA #4 SDWL #2 is if I stop breathing."
CIMC #1 DoD #2009 LOMP #2 1990 Zephyr 550 (Daphne)
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent
those of my employer in any form.

Reed Kennedy

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
"Henry H. Hansteen" <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote in message

> That's right, a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission
> has received death threats from cowardly, irrational w followers
> who are opposed to a fair and accurate count of votes. Apparently,
> they prefer to settle the vote controversy with threats, ignorance,
> and violence rather than by following the law fairly and honestly.
> Can't say anyone should be the least bit surprised...
> Henry
>
> "There ought to be limits to freedom."
> GWB

And some Gore supporters are Massive Assholes too. They handed out
cigarettes to the homeless to try and get them to vote. But these actions
don't represent anything about the cantidates themselves.

I voted for Gore. I find the thought of another President Bush terrifying.
But bitching about either cantidate because of stupid supporters is useless
and dumb.

Reed.
Bikeless, Looking.

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00

Some Guy on a Bike wrote:

> "Henry H. Hansteen"> <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> > That's right, a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission
> > has received death threats from cowardly, irrational w followers

> When you can document the arrest, or even better conviction, of
> anyone connected to W for these alleged threats, let me know.
> *yawn*

So, you think it's more likely that a Gore supporter made the
threats? That wouldn't make any sense, since Gore has nothing
to lose by a recount.

> > Can't say anyone should be the least bit surprised...

> That you would blame W for things he had nothing to do with?
> Nope, no surprise there.

dUdE, I dind't blame w for that, I blamed his supporters.
Henry

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:25:29 -0500, "Henry H. Hansteen"
<hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

>>> That's right, a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission
>>> has received death threats from cowardly, irrational w followers

>> When you can document the arrest, or even better conviction, of
>> anyone connected to W for these alleged threats, let me know.
>> *yawn*

> So, you think it's more likely that a Gore supporter made the
> threats?

No, I think you made baseless suppositions and are now defending
them with lack of logic or fact.

>>> Can't say anyone should be the least bit surprised...

>> That you would blame W for things he had nothing to do with?
>> Nope, no surprise there.

> dUdE, I dind't blame w for that, I blamed his supporters.

Can you show any connection between the death threats and W at all?
No, I didn't think so.

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:47:06 +0000, chateau...@btinternet.com
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

> Is Henry really deranged?

No. He's just great at baiting people. The consummate troll. I
doubt he takes much of anything he says here seriously. I;{>

> he seems to be starting an
> awful lot of strange political threads here.

And this would be different from normal in what way?

Matt Chapter

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
"The Older Gentleman" <chateau...@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Some Guy on a Bike <som...@somewhere.u.cant.reach> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Is Henry really deranged? I only ask because he still resides in my
> k/file and so I don't see his ravings, but he seems to be starting an

> awful lot of strange political threads here.

This is another shining example of that 'new fresh viewpoint from 'cross the
ocean'. Please continue to illuminate us... we need it.

Thanks,
Matt

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00

Some Guy on a Bike wrote:
> "Henry H. Hansteen" <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> > dUdE, I dind't blame w for that, I blamed his supporters.

> Can you show any connection between the death threats and W at all?

I never made a connection between w and the death threats. I
attributed them to his supporters.
Henry

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00

The Older Gentleman wrote:

> Is Henry really deranged? I only ask because he still resides in my
> k/file and so I don't see his ravings, but he seems to be starting an
> awful lot of strange political threads here.

The death threats are real. Why do you think it's strange to
discuss them?

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:29:14 -0500, "Henry H. Hansteen"
<hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

>>> dUdE, I dind't blame w for that, I blamed his supporters.

>> Can you show any connection between the death threats and W at all?

> I never made a connection between w and the death threats.

Have a look at the subect line.

> I attributed them to his supporters.

Yep. That is a connection with him. You even used his "name".

Now, show me some evidence of connection. even evidence of
connection with his supporters.

J. Gross

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
Yeah, but did they do it from the back of a bike?
Did they ride into town on a bunch of old Triumph & tear the place up?
Ever see 'The Wild Ones'?

What the Hell does this have to do with;
rec (means recreation)
dot (that little "." thingy)
motorcycles (means ... oh never mind...)

Ride safe,
-Jeff
-86 Kawasaki Police 1000

"Henry H. Hansteen" wrote:

> That's right, a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission
> has received death threats from cowardly, irrational w followers

> who are opposed to a fair and accurate count of votes. Apparently,
> they prefer to settle the vote controversy with threats, ignorance,
> and violence rather than by following the law fairly and honestly.

> Can't say anyone should be the least bit surprised...

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:10:53 GMT, "J. Gross" <j...@null.net> wrote:

> Yeah, but did they do it from the back of a bike?

No, that was the execution scene in "New Jack City".

> Did they ride into town on a bunch of old Triumph & tear the place up?

No, that was Thumper.

> Ever see 'The Wild Ones'?

You're tearing me apart!

Whoops. Wrong movie star. Sorry.

> What the Hell does this have to do with;
> rec (means recreation)

We're all wrecked here.

> dot (that little "." thingy)

I'm Yakko! I'm Wakko!

> motorcycles (means ... oh never mind...)

Mean motorcycles? Oh, you're scaring me!

Karl K.

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00

FWIW; *I* think it's a bit strange that anyone is discussing this in a
motorcycle NG, much less politics seemingly dominating the subject
matter here all of a sudden. I mean, don't you? This election fiasco
is getting wierder and wierder and wierder. Beam me up, Scotty!
-----------

Email Me: "f6man@exciteDOTcom"

"A 'motorcyclist'... perhaps; a *biker*.... noooooo....!"

Dan

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
"Henry H. Hansteen" wrote:

> That's right, a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission
> has received death threats from cowardly, irrational w followers
> who are opposed to a fair and accurate count of votes. Apparently,
> they prefer to settle the vote controversy with threats, ignorance,
> and violence rather than by following the law fairly and honestly.
> Can't say anyone should be the least bit surprised...
> Henry
>
> "There ought to be limits to freedom."
> GWB

Who gives a shit. There ought to be some limits about what people post
on rec.motorcycle.

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
"Karl K." wrote:
> "Henry H. Hansteen" <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> > The death threats are real. Why do you think it's strange to
> >discuss them?

> FWIW; *I* think it's a bit strange that anyone is discussing this in a
> motorcycle NG, much less politics seemingly dominating the subject
> matter here all of a sudden.

We're writing political history. It's a very significant event, and
it makes for an interesting and stimulating discussion. The outcome
is still uncertain, and there are many interesting scenarios that could
develop.
Hell, it's been reported that even a few w followers are actually
changing the channel from sitcoms to CNN. They may even pick up their
first clue with regard to how our government and Democracy actually
work, and what goes on in the world... ;->
Henry

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
The Older Gentleman wrote:

> As I said before, do you guys have any idea how this looks to furriners?
> You are blowing the finest opportunity *you will ever get* to prove that
> American democracy works. As it does.

Danny!! This guy just said we have a Democracy *again*. Sic 'em!
Set him straight before he starts believing it....

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/13/00
"S.G. Hogge" wrote:

> Hank, I hope Gore gets elected and forces you to ride a tofu-burning moped.

Yeah? Well, I hope w gets elected and forces you to ride in Houston....

Hey Hogger, what do you think of w running a campaign based on more
State power, and less Federal control over the States, but then, before
he even gets into office, he hires a team of lawyers in an attempt to
convince the Federal Government to void The Peoples' right to have their
votes counted, and over rule the laws of Florida? Pretty bad, even for a
convicted criminal like w, don't you think?

"There ought to be limits to freedom"

GWB

S.G. Hogge

Nov 13, 2000, 8:10:11 PM11/13/00

>"Henry H. Hansteen" wrote:
>>
>> That's right, a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission
>> has received death threats from cowardly, irrational w followers
>> who are opposed to a fair and accurate count of votes.

Hank, I hope Gore gets elected and forces you to ride a tofu-burning moped.

BOYCOTT THE INAUGURATION! NADER WAS ROBBED!!!!

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 13, 2000, 8:25:08 PM11/13/00
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:40:21 -0600, Dan <d...@mc.net> wrote:

> Who gives a shit. There ought to be some limits about what people post
> on rec.motorcycle.

Four-post term limits!

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 13, 2000, 8:53:52 PM11/13/00
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:44:25 -0500, "Henry H. Hansteen"
<hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> Hell, it's been reported that even a few w followers are actually
> changing the channel from sitcoms to CNN.

Can't believe everything the liberal media reports there, Henry.

S.G. Hogge

Nov 13, 2000, 9:58:22 PM11/13/00
>> Hell, it's been reported that even a few w followers are actually
>> changing the channel from sitcoms to CNN.

Oh, yeah. The Clinton News Network. Might as well just call Barney Frank and
ask him what's going on.

Bama Brian

Nov 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/14/00
Wunnerful, HH.

Why can't you cite this?

More agitprop from the DemocRats who lie with every breath.

--
Cheers,
Bama Brian

> That's right, a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission
> has received death threats from cowardly, irrational w followers

> who are opposed to a fair and accurate count of votes. Apparently,
> they prefer to settle the vote controversy with threats, ignorance,
> and violence rather than by following the law fairly and honestly.
> Can't say anyone should be the least bit surprised...
> Henry
>

> "There ought to be limits to freedom."
> GWB

f3rider

Nov 16, 2000, 8:41:28 PM11/16/00
So it was a female woman. You mentioned the alleged victim's gender in the
subject and in the first line of the message. Is this worse than if a man
received similar threats?

Henry H. Hansteen wrote:

[snip]

> a female member of Florida's Canvassing Commission

[snip]

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

f3rider wrote:

> So it was a female woman. You mentioned the alleged victim's gender in the
> subject and in the first line of the message. Is this worse than if a man
> received similar threats?

I'm assuming that the demented cowards who are making the threats
are primarily males. I think it's worse for a man to threaten bodily
harm to a woman than it is to threaten another man.
Henry

f3rider

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Henry H. Hansteen wrote:

> f3rider wrote:
>
> > So it was a female woman. You mentioned the alleged victim's gender in the
> > subject and in the first line of the message. Is this worse than if a man
> > received similar threats?
>
> I'm assuming that the demented cowards who are making the threats
> are primarily males. I think it's worse for a man to threaten bodily
> harm to a woman than it is to threaten another man.
> Henry

I think that attitude does a disservice to women, and puts them in a position of
being second class citizens.

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

f3rider wrote:
> Henry H. Hansteen wrote:

> > I'm assuming that the demented cowards who are making the threats
> > are primarily males. I think it's worse for a man to threaten bodily
> > harm to a woman than it is to threaten another man.
> > Henry

> I think that attitude does a disservice to women, and puts them in a
> position of being second class citizens.

I know a couple of women who have been physically abused by men.
That's something I have a problem with. In general, women are
physically smaller than men, and not as strong, so it's usually
not a fair fight.

BHinSD

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
In article <3A1548FA...@cornell.edu>,

No, but it's ok for Gore's cronies to call Florida's Sec State Harris
all kinds of abusive names? What's the difference between physical
abuse and that? I don't see any!

So Henry, how many fake absentee ballots do you think those four
counties will have to add to their count before Gore can claim victory?

Anyone want to start a pool?

--
Bob in San Diego
1985 V45 Sabre

Yeah, I'm back...but I don't have a whole lot of time to have too much
fun on rec.moto...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

BHinSD wrote:
> "Henry H. Hansteen" <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> > I know a couple of women who have been physically abused by men.
> > That's something I have a problem with. In general, women are
> > physically smaller than men, and not as strong, so it's usually
> > not a fair fight.

> No, but it's ok for Gore's cronies to call Florida's Sec State Harris
> all kinds of abusive names?

I'm not aware of any name calling.

> What's the difference between physical abuse and that?
> I don't see any!

Of course you don't Bob, because seeing the difference requires
the ability to think clearly and rationally. Women are on equal
ground with men during a verbal dispute. The same can't be said
for a pysical one.
HTH

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:04:26 -0500, "Henry H. Hansteen"
<hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> In general, women are
> physically smaller than men, and not as strong, so it's usually
> not a fair fight.

And what about those who aren't? How does your overgeneralization
jutify your supposed position, Henry?

BHinSD

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Henry H. Hansteen wrote:
> BHinSD wrote:
> > Henry H. Hansteen wrote:
>
> > > I know a couple of women who have been physically abused by men.
> > > That's something I have a problem with. In general, women are

> > > physically smaller than men, and not as strong, so it's usually
> > > not a fair fight.
>
> > No, but it's ok for Gore's cronies to call Florida's Sec State
Harris
> > all kinds of abusive names?
>
> I'm not aware of any name calling.

Then turn your radio/TV on Henry!

> > What's the difference between physical abuse and that?
> > I don't see any!
>
> Of course you don't Bob, because seeing the difference requires
> the ability to think clearly and rationally. Women are on equal
> ground with men during a verbal dispute. The same can't be said
> for a pysical one.

You're so full of it, like always.... but coming from you, I would
expect that kind of an answer!

Just two days ago my little sister just served her husband with
divorce papers after 24 years of a physical and verbal abuse! It took
her this long due to her fear of her husband…even with us telling her
to end it years ago…

Another, very dear friend of mine, that I just recently regained
contact with after 28 years, has been telling me of her abusive
(physical & verbal) “Cop” husband that she divorced 14 years ago, but
put up with him (because she was scared of him) for 13 years!

Often, the two go together, but what is happening to Harris, is
nothing short of a crime, and I hope she sues the hell out of them
after this election is over!

I just heard on Rush’s show, one of the news media reporters (that has
been working in the Gore camp) said that if Bush wins, the Demorats are
planning to have an investigation into Harris that will make Whitewater
look like nothing. I’m sure you’re all for spending taxpayers money on
that, right Henry?

Your double standards, as always, are pretty sad, Henry!

--
Bob in San Diego
1985 V45 Sabre

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

Some Guy on a Bike wrote:

"Henry H. Hansteen" <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> > In general, women are physically smaller than men, and not as
> > strong, so it's usually not a fair fight.

> And what about those who aren't?

They are truly special...

> How does your overgeneralization jutify your supposed position,
> Henry?

Which "overgeneralization" is that?
Henry

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:38:16 -0500, "Henry H. Hansteen"
<hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

>>> In general, women are physically smaller than men, and not as
>>> strong, so it's usually not a fair fight.

>> And what about those who aren't?

> They are truly special...

Why, thank you, Henry. I know quite a lot of women who are larger
in weight, and stronger, than many men. I also know a goodly number
of men who are less strong and smaller than most women, myself
included.

>> How does your overgeneralization jutify your supposed position,
>> Henry?

> Which "overgeneralization" is that?

That any time there is anything physically violent between a man and
a woman, the man is always evil, and the woman is always a victim?

Rick Damiani

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 00:28:31 -0800, "Bama Brian"
<bamaNO...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Wunnerful, HH.
>
>Why can't you cite this?

Henry coming up with a reference to back up his claim would be a
newsworthy event in and of itself.

--
A host is a host from coast to coast ..................... Rick Damiani
and no one will talk to a host that's close .... ri...@nospam.paton.com

Dan Nitschke

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Some Guy on a Bike wrote:

> That any time there is anything physically violent between a man and
> a woman, the man is always evil, and the woman is always a victim?

Who is Andrea Dworkin?

Alex, did I win the Daily Double?
--

/* dan: The Anti-Ged, OB,GYN®, HH #1, LCDB (tm) #1, NGI #0^0 */

Dan Nitschke :|: peDA...@idiom.com :|: (.)@(.....).net
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
And someone who could be impressed by ordinary lies could
really use a little peace of mind. -- Ian Bairnson

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

BHinSD wrote:

> I just heard on Rush’s show,

That's a major reason for your misunderstanding of the facts, Bob!

Henry H. Hansteen

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

Some Guy on a Bike wrote:

> "Henry H. Hansteen" <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> > Which "overgeneralization" is that?

> That any time there is anything physically violent between a man and
> a woman, the man is always evil, and the woman is always a victim?

Yes, that would be an over generalization. I thought you were
referring to something I had written....
Henry

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:54:49 -0800, Dan Nitschke
<peda...@idiom.com> wrote:

>> That any time there is anything physically violent between a man and
>> a woman, the man is always evil, and the woman is always a victim?

> Who is Andrea Dworkin?

Frankly, I'm not interested in finding out any more than I already
know, but thanks.

And people ask me why I like Camille Paglia.

> Alex, did I win the Daily Double?

Yes.. you're in the lead by $1200, and you have control of the
board!

BHinSD

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
In article <3A158142...@cornell.edu>,

"Henry H. Hansteen" <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:

Oh yeah, I should be listening to Jeraldo(sp?), right? Bawhahahahaha!
geez Henry, you're killing me...

Dan Nitschke

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Some Guy on a Bike wrote:

> Dan Nitschke wrote:
>
> >> That any time there is anything physically violent between a man and
> >> a woman, the man is always evil, and the woman is always a victim?
>
> > Who is Andrea Dworkin?
>
> Frankly, I'm not interested in finding out any more than I already
> know, but thanks.

Neither am I. really. But that sounds like one of
her "ideas".

> And people ask me why I like Camille Paglia.

Why do you like Camille Paglia?

> > Alex, did I win the Daily Double?
>
> Yes.. you're in the lead by $1200, and you have control of the
> board!

OK. I'll take Famous Left-Handed Whitworth-Spec Tuba
Players for $800!
--

>> tv's dan <<

Dan Nitschke|peDA...@idiom.com|(.....)@(......).net
`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-
Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should
really just relax." -- Theme song from MST3K

frequently frank

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

> Some Guy on a Bike wrote:

> > And people ask me why I like Camille Paglia.

cuz she's an ignorant, pseudo-intellectual, limelight loving,
"say-anything-for-a-reaction", braying ass?

--
99 SV650
DoD #X

frequently frank

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

> Some Guy on a Bike wrote:

> > And people ask me why I like Camille Paglia.

cuz she's an ignorant, pseudo-intellectual, limelight loving,
"say-anything-for-a-reaction", braying ass?

oops! forgot to mention self-serving...

myst...@mindspring.com

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

"Henry H. Hansteen" <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote in message

> BHinSD wrote:
> > "Henry H. Hansteen" <hh...@cornell.edu> wrote:
>

> > > I know a couple of women who have been physically abused by men.

> > > That's something I have a problem with. In general, women are

> > > physically smaller than men, and not as strong, so it's usually
> > > not a fair fight.
>

> > No, but it's ok for Gore's cronies to call Florida's Sec State Harris
> > all kinds of abusive names?
>
> I'm not aware of any name calling.

Then you haven't been paying attention. How about "criminal" or "partisan
bitch" for starters. There have been others.

frequently frank

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
In article <8v3qvc$rnq$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

BHinSD <bham...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> I just heard on Rush’s show, one of the news media reporters (that has
> been working in the Gore camp) said that if Bush wins, the Demorats
> are
> planning to have an investigation into Harris that will make
> Whitewater
> look like nothing. I’m sure you’re all for spending taxpayers money
> on
> that, right Henry?
>
> Your double standards, as always, are pretty sad, Henry!

what double standard? how about the one where sources close to bush were
paving the way for an all out media battle to take the presidency if he
won the popular vote and lost the electoral college days before the
election, who are now claiming the popular vote doesn't mean anything
and we have to follow the rule of law after all?

btw. HINT: rush is an ENTERTAINER. and if you think the only other
source of information besides rush is geraldo, you're grossly ignorant.
try the wall street journal, for a start. i've found it very helpful,
apart from the schmucks on the oped page. added bonus for you: i just
know you'd find those guys i think of as schmucks very insightful. plus,
the rest of the paper is relatively well written, thoughtful, and
non-biased. i haven't seen a christian science monitor in too long a
time, but they're also very good at presenting non-biased news. or do
what i do, try to read several admittedly biased sources. the
weakly standard and the nation, for instance, and draw your own
conclusions. but don't listen to rush OR geraldo for news, for pity's
sakes.

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:51:20 GMT, frequently frank
<frequent...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>> And people ask me why I like Camille Paglia.

> cuz she's an ignorant, pseudo-intellectual, limelight loving,
> "say-anything-for-a-reaction", braying ass?

Good try. I don't have time for your bullshit today, though. Try
someone else.

Some Guy on a Bike

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:51:42 GMT, frequently frank
<frequent...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> oops! forgot to mention self-serving...

Nothing like your posts, I see...

BHinSD

Nov 17, 2000, 7:02:04 PM11/17/00
frequently frank wrote:

> BHinSD wrote:
> >
> > I just heard on Rush’s show, one of the news media reporters (that
has
> > been working in the Gore camp) said that if Bush wins, the Demorats
> > are
> > planning to have an investigation into Harris that will make
> > Whitewater
> > look like nothing. I’m sure you’re all for spending taxpayers money
> > on
> > that, right Henry?
> >
> > Your double standards, as always, are pretty sad, Henry!
>
> what double standard?

The same one that you operate on!

>....how about the one where sources close to bush were

> paving the way for an all out media battle to take the presidency if
he
> won the popular vote and lost the electoral college days before the
> election, who are now claiming the popular vote doesn't mean anything
> and we have to follow the rule of law after all?

How in the world could Bush win a media battle? All the
media/hollyweird types back Algore! Unless you're talking about Rush
taking on them, then I could see Bush winning!

> btw. HINT: rush is an ENTERTAINER. and if you think the only other
> source of information besides rush is geraldo, you're grossly
ignorant.

And you're as sad as Henry!

> try the wall street journal, for a start. i've found it very helpful,
> apart from the schmucks on the oped page. added bonus for you: i just
> know you'd find those guys i think of as schmucks very insightful.
plus,
> the rest of the paper is relatively well written, thoughtful, and
> non-biased. i haven't seen a christian science monitor in too long a
> time, but they're also very good at presenting non-biased news. or do
> what i do, try to read several admittedly biased sources. the
> weakly standard and the nation, for instance, and draw your own
> conclusions. but don't listen to rush OR geraldo for news, for pity's
> sakes.

I go to all of the sources I can find for information, BOZO! I just
love how you stereo-type everyone! But coming from you or Henry, I
wouldn't expect anything less!

--
Bob in San Diego
1985 V45 Sabre

frequently frank

Nov 17, 2000, 7:33:29 PM11/17/00
In article <3a15ba59...@196.1.1.1>,

som...@somewhere.u.cant.reach (Some Guy on a Bike) wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:51:42 GMT, frequently frank
> <frequent...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > oops! forgot to mention self-serving...
>
> Nothing like your posts, I see...

huh?

--
99 SV650
DoD #X
har har -- http://geocities.com/sv650x99/

frequently frank

Nov 17, 2000, 7:31:24 PM11/17/00
In article <8v4gtq$fbb$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

BHinSD <bham...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> frequently frank wrote:
> > BHinSD wrote:
> > >
> > > I just heard on Rush’s show, one of the news media reporters (that
> > > has
> > > been working in the Gore camp) said that if Bush wins, the
> > > Demorats
> > > are
> > > planning to have an investigation into Harris that will make
> > > Whitewater
> > > look like nothing. I’m sure you’re all for spending taxpayers
> > > money
> > > on
> > > that, right Henry?
> > >
> > > Your double standards, as always, are pretty sad, Henry!
> >
> > what double standard?
>
> The same one that you operate on!

please provide any evidence of this. and while you're at it, please
provide a more robust definition than the circular one above.

> >....how about the one where sources close to bush were
> > paving the way for an all out media battle to take the presidency if
> > he
> > won the popular vote and lost the electoral college days before the
> > election, who are now claiming the popular vote doesn't mean
> > anything
> > and we have to follow the rule of law after all?
>
> How in the world could Bush win a media battle? All the
> media/hollyweird types back Algore! Unless you're talking about Rush
> taking on them, then I could see Bush winning!

right. right. the media really went after bush with a frenzy over his
lies and distortions all through the campaign. right. whatever. the
dittoheads have their "liberal media bias" hobby horse, the dems have
their "vast right wing conspiracy." twaddle.

> > btw. HINT: rush is an ENTERTAINER. and if you think the only other
> > source of information besides rush is geraldo, you're grossly
> ignorant.
>
> And you're as sad as Henry!
>
> > try the wall street journal, for a start. i've found it very
helpful,
> > apart from the schmucks on the oped page. added bonus for you: i
> > just
> > know you'd find those guys i think of as schmucks very insightful.
> plus,
> > the rest of the paper is relatively well written, thoughtful, and
> > non-biased. i haven't seen a christian science monitor in too long a
> > time, but they're also very good at presenting non-biased news. or
> > do
> > what i do, try to read several admittedly biased sources. the
> > weakly standard and the nation, for instance, and draw your own
> > conclusions. but don't listen to rush OR geraldo for news, for
> > pity's
> > sakes.
>
> I go to all of the sources I can find for information, BOZO! I just
> love how you stereo-type everyone! But coming from you or Henry, I
> wouldn't expect anything less!

ahh. i see. well good for YOU. nevertheless, rush is an entertainer, and
not a reliable news source.

i stereotype who? where have i stereotyped anyone? henry questioned the
wisdom of relying on rush for dependable news. you said, maybe he
thought he should listen to geraldo. the implication, i thought clearly,
was that you believed henry might support listening to geraldo as a
dependable news source. i don't know if he does or not. also implied, i
thought strongly, was that these were each considered reliable by
thinking people of different political persuations. perhaps this is not
what you meant to say. that's what it sounded like. so i replied that if
you had that view (which i did not presume to ascribe to you with
certainty), then you had a serious problem. i pointed out that i, a
person you hold to be a godless liberal, use sources such as the wall
st. journal and christian science montitor for dependable news sources.
sources which are held in farily high esteem by both liberals and
conservatives, alike. i suggested you might investigate them. you
respond by calling me names, and... dare i say it... stereotyping me. i
defy you to show me where i did this to you? or called you names?

--
99 SV650
DoD #X
har har -- http://geocities.com/sv650x99/

frequently frank

Nov 17, 2000, 7:34:55 PM11/17/00
In article <3a15ba3b...@196.1.1.1>,

som...@somewhere.u.cant.reach (Some Guy on a Bike) wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:51:20 GMT, frequently frank
> <frequent...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> >> And people ask me why I like Camille Paglia.
>
> > cuz she's an ignorant, pseudo-intellectual, limelight loving,
> > "say-anything-for-a-reaction", braying ass?
>
> Good try. I don't have time for your bullshit today, though. Try
> someone else.

good try? it is more than that, it is a spot on description of c.paglia.
she is morally bankrupt, on top of all that.