His first run

~ Moriah ~

Jun 9, 2002, 2:07:31 PM6/9/02
Today my husband took off on his first group run with the Southern Cruisers.
A small group was going on a 90 miler. He was really looking forward to it.
He's now totally addicted and rides whenever he can. We were looking
forward to riding together but the have to wait to see what the Doc says on
the 19th. I can't wait until this is over and I can get back to a normal
life.
--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

Demetrios of Hungarea

Jun 9, 2002, 5:02:06 PM6/9/02
On Sun, 9 Jun 2002 13:07:31 -0500, "~ Moriah ~"
<we-Eat-...@spam-killer.net> wrote:

>A small group was going on a 90 miler.

90 miles?!?!

They really space them Stabucks kinda far out in the boondocks eh? ;)

shawster

Jun 9, 2002, 5:16:44 PM6/9/02

"Demetrios of Hungarea" <pres...@whorehouse.gov> wrote in message

Starbucks just invaded New Tampa. They don't have their own cut in the
median, so there will be a lot of U-turns from the next light. Things
should get interesting soon.

XS11E

Jun 9, 2002, 5:41:26 PM6/9/02
"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in

> Starbucks just invaded New Tampa. They don't have their own cut in the
> median, so there will be a lot of U-turns from the next light. Things
> should get interesting soon.

You think there's that many people wanting really really BAD coffee? Yeah,
I guess there are. <sigh>

shawster

Jun 9, 2002, 5:47:39 PM6/9/02

"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

It only takes one SUV making a K turn on a four lane highway....

Phyloe

Jun 9, 2002, 6:12:18 PM6/9/02

"Demetrios of Hungarea" <pres...@whorehouse.gov> wrote in message

Ha Ha ha good one!
Phyloe

mjt

Jun 9, 2002, 6:20:20 PM6/9/02

~ Moriah ~

Jun 9, 2002, 7:23:08 PM6/9/02

Demetrios of Hungarea <pres...@whorehouse.gov> wrote in message >
> They really space them Stabucks kinda far out in the boondocks eh? ;)
==================================
From what he told me before heading out again, they stopped for lunch
somewhere around the halfway mark - but it was mostly all country roads.
:) He loved it!

Larry xlax Lovisone

Jun 9, 2002, 8:36:35 PM6/9/02

~ Moriah ~ wrote:

> Today my husband took off on his first group run with the Southern Cruisers.
> A small group was going on a 90 miler.

Good... hubby should be back in less that an hour... maybe he will offer to comb
your hair and tickle your feet...

Larry L
(have a wheelie RICE day and remember... if it wasn't for us the
fast lane would rust)
94 RC45 #2
V4's are music to the seat of my pants
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/-xlax-/

Beth

Jun 10, 2002, 2:35:30 AM6/10/02

betcha there are more Dairy Queens per 90 miles than Starbucks out
there.

-Beth

_Bob Nixon_

Jun 10, 2002, 2:51:15 AM6/10/02

Like Texas. Every small town has a DQ but -0- Starbucks. I think a town
has to have at least a couple dozen stoplights before it's elevated to
Starbucks status;)

01 Sprint ST "RED"
Bob Nixon, Phoenix Az.
http://members.cox.net/bigrex/

~ Moriah ~

Jun 10, 2002, 11:28:45 AM6/10/02

_Bob Nixon_ <bi...@nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

> >betcha there are more Dairy Queens per 90 miles than Starbucks out
> >there.

* I don't know of any DQs in my area at all. We're rich in churches,
trailer parks, bars and greasy fast food places though.

> Like Texas. Every small town has a DQ but -0- Starbucks. I think a town
> has to have at least a couple dozen stoplights before it's elevated to
> Starbucks status;)

* No Starbucks here... maybe in Nashville somewhere.

--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

"You move your kitchen table to cover oil spots when you're
expecting company."

Demetrios of Hungarea

Jun 10, 2002, 2:06:08 PM6/10/02
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:28:45 -0500, "~ Moriah ~"
<we-Eat-...@spam-killer.net> wrote:

>* I don't know of any DQs in my area at all. We're rich in churches,
>trailer parks, bars and greasy fast food places though.

That was the spookiest part about the deep south when I was there for
a track event. Every ten feet was another church. I mean there were
more churches than people, which strikes me as kinda odd.

~ Moriah ~

Jun 10, 2002, 4:24:35 PM6/10/02

> That was the spookiest part about the deep south when I was there for
> a track event. Every ten feet was another church. I mean there were
> more churches than people, which strikes me as kinda odd.
============================
Yes! It struck me the same way especially when I found out about all the
wife beating, incest, drunkenness, adultery.... going on down here in the
south. Maybe they NEED all these churches. What would they be like without
them if they're this bad with them? I'd be afraid to know.

If I had a choice I'd move back to Queens in a New York minute.

--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

"When your wife calls the local watering hole to see if you're
coming home at all this weekend."

emore

Jun 10, 2002, 5:46:01 PM6/10/02
~ Moriah ~ wrote:

> Demetrios of Hungarea <pres...@whorehouse.gov> wrote in message
> > That was the spookiest part about the deep south when I was there for
> > a track event. Every ten feet was another church. I mean there were
> > more churches than people, which strikes me as kinda odd.
> ============================
> Yes! It struck me the same way especially when I found out about all the
> wife beating, incest, drunkenness, adultery.... going on down here in the
> south.

You say that like it's a bad thing. But I realize those things don't happen in
other parts of the country. Or world. Silly me.

> Maybe they NEED all these churches.

Definitely. That's where I meet the choicest fat little boys.

> What would they be like without
> them if they're this bad with them? I'd be afraid to know.
>
> If I had a choice I'd move back to Queens in a New York minute.

You have a choice.

> --
> Moriah.......
> You know you're a biker when:
> "When your wife calls the local watering hole to see if you're
> coming home at all this weekend."

You've started making these up yourself, haven't you? Admit it. The truth will
set you free, y'know.

phxbrd

Jun 10, 2002, 6:09:30 PM6/10/02

> > You know you're a biker when:
> > "When your wife calls the local watering hole to see if you're
> > coming home at all this weekend."
>
> You've started making these up yourself, haven't you? Admit it. The
truth will
> set you free, y'know.

The truth is that her sig is cute, but applicable only to those whose rides
are too miserable to use.

emore

Jun 10, 2002, 7:20:23 PM6/10/02
phxbrd wrote:

True. The last thing that would keep me off my bike would be a "watering
hole."
Unless, like you said...miserable. And I have never referred
to myself as a biker although I've been a steady motorcycle rider for over 30
years now.

~ Moriah ~

Jun 10, 2002, 9:10:12 PM6/10/02

emore <em...@charter.net> wrote in message

> You say that like it's a bad thing. But I realize those things don't
happen in
> other parts of the country. Or world. Silly me.

** Sure they do, just not to the extent they happen here.

> > Maybe they NEED all these churches.
>
> Definitely. That's where I meet the choicest fat little boys.

** What's the matter with fat bigger girls?

> > If I had a choice I'd move back to Queens in a New York minute.
>
> You have a choice.

** Yes, I can move into the subway tunnels since I can't afford the rents
there in Queens.

> You've started making these up yourself, haven't you? Admit it. The
truth will
> set you free, y'know.

** Nope! Sorry to disappoint you but I get them in my email.

--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:
"When your wife calls the local watering hole to see if you're
coming home at all this weekend."

XS11E

Jun 10, 2002, 11:15:41 PM6/10/02
"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in

>> You think there's that many people wanting really really BAD coffee?
>> Yeah, I guess there are. <sigh>
>

> Really really bad coffee is what you find in the waiting room of the
> Jiffy Lube. Mock it all you want, but Starbucks really is quite tasty
> when compared with the swill available at gas stations and pancake
> houses.

I believe Starbucks is the absolute worst coffee I've EVER had!

keith s.

Jun 11, 2002, 12:23:00 AM6/11/02

>Really really bad coffee is what you find in the waiting room of the Jiffy
>Lube. Mock it all you want, but Starbucks really is quite tasty when
>compared with the swill available at gas stations and pancake houses.
>
>What Starbucks is, is expensive. But then again, so's a BMW.
>--
>DredheadV2.0

Sorry I got's to call "BULLSHIRT" on that whilst the average "spoogebucks"
starts off with realativly good beans, They then allow some cretin who couldn't
spell "Maragogype" much less be able to make a decent pot of coffee with it!
Just a bunch of corporate flaks that couldn't make weak tea. Their coffee is so
weak I can see the bottom of the cup...my tea is stronger than starsucks
coffee. Over priced...dude crack is cheaper.
I really need to go for a ride tommorow!!!
Nefarious Necromancer 42nd class
oilburning hondas riden daily.
The more people I meet the more I like my dog.

Demetrios of Hungarea

Jun 11, 2002, 2:27:31 PM6/11/02
On 11 Jun 2002 04:23:00 GMT, sschi...@aol.comnilfeces (keith s.)
wrote:

> Sorry I got's to call "BULLSHIRT" on that whilst the average "spoogebucks"
>starts off with realativly good beans, They then allow some cretin who couldn't
>spell "Maragogype" much less be able to make a decent pot of coffee with it!
>Just a bunch of corporate flaks that couldn't make weak tea. Their coffee is so
>weak I can see the bottom of the cup...my tea is stronger than starsucks
>coffee. Over priced...dude crack is cheaper.

Man I shudder to think at what you conisder strong coffee.

Here in NY they actually get it pretty good. Ok so it's not a liquid
orgasm or anything but it's decent coffee for what it is. If they
brewed it any stronger I'd be typing like Adny right now.

mm

Jun 11, 2002, 4:15:38 PM6/11/02

"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message

> What Starbucks is, is expensive. But then again, so's a BMW.

That's why we call it Fourbucks coffee.

Worth it compared to the generic swill available.

XS11E

Jun 11, 2002, 8:27:13 PM6/11/02

> In article <Xns9229CE84BD8...@68.6.19.6> , XS11E

> <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I believe Starbucks is the absolute worst coffee I've EVER had!
>>

> Holy crap. You been drinking Jamaica Blue Mountain all your life? Never
> been exposed to vending machines or Waffle Houses?

I've had vending machine coffee often, Waffle House sometimes. Starbucks
is MUCH worse, it's the absolute, positively worst coffee I've EVER had!

motomanic

Jun 11, 2002, 9:18:29 PM6/11/02
"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Then why is Starbucks so popular? Are people's tastebuds that defunct?
The best coffee is always at truckstops. Truckers aren't going to put up
with bad coffee. And nothing beats the road dust or "grippy eyes" on
a road trip like a good cup of joe. Or me either for that matter, uh, but
then
that's for another time. ;)
If it ain't any good, quit going there. Maybe they'll get the hint. Ya
reckon?
And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only places
open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and take
a break.
---
motomanic joe

XS11E

Jun 11, 2002, 10:44:05 PM6/11/02
"motomanic" <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote in

> "XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in

>> > Holy crap. You been drinking Jamaica Blue Mountain all your life?
>> > Never been exposed to vending machines or Waffle Houses?
>>
>> I've had vending machine coffee often, Waffle House sometimes.
>> Starbucks is MUCH worse, it's the absolute, positively worst coffee
>> I've EVER had!
>>
> Then why is Starbucks so popular? Are people's tastebuds that
> defunct?

Different people have different tastes, there's people already heard from
that like Starbucks and I know at least one of my friends who does although
most people I know won't drink their stuff....

> The best coffee is always at truckstops. Truckers aren't
> going to put up with bad coffee. And nothing beats the road dust or
> "grippy eyes" on a road trip like a good cup of joe.

Right, couldn't agree more!

> If it ain't any good, quit going there. Maybe they'll get the hint.
> Ya reckon?

Not from me, I've never gone to Starbucks. Twice while waiting, friends
have brought me a cup of their coffee because they were nearby, I've been
delighted that I wasn't paying for it!

> And don't knock Waffle House.

Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of their
food is ok.

BTW, if you're travelling, grab a waffle from them and carry it in your
saddle bag. You can use it to patch tires because it's tougher than the
stuff they make tires out of! If they ever went into the tire business
they'd have the longest mileage winner...... <G>

XS11E

Jun 11, 2002, 11:10:40 PM6/11/02

> Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the
> fact that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I
> find somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.

Regional differences. I had breakfast in a diner in Poughkeepsie, NY once,
the waitress asked how I liked my coffee and I said black. She started to
set down a coffee with cream and said, "Oh, you wanted it black" and took
it away. She came back with a cup of black coffee and told me she had to
draw three cups of coffee before she could get one black. The coffee urn
was next to the creamer and she said she filled the cup, moved it under the
creamer and hit the lever to dispense the cream all automatically! She
said in her 20+ year working at that diner she'd never served black coffee
before? I learned in Poughkeepsie coffee with cream is called "coffee
regular" and that's what most people there prefer.

That was back in 1964, I wonder if it's changed by now?

Charles Soto

Jun 11, 2002, 11:15:47 PM6/11/02

Same here in Austin. And at the airport in Phoenix. And in San
Antonio, at least the one off Broadway. It's the one place I can be
assured of half-way decent coffee.

BUT, it is absolutely not the best coffee in town, it's overpriced, and
positively devoid of character.

Charles

--

Charles Soto - Austin, TX *** 1979 KZ650, 1999 GSF1200S, DoD No. "uno"
Free Tibet! * With purchase of equal or greater value. Not available in all

("Meepmeep" is "rr," as in "roadrunner." If you can't figure out my email,
you should unplug the WebTV and lie down.)

motomanic

Jun 11, 2002, 11:13:50 PM6/11/02
"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I think I'd pass...

> > And don't knock Waffle House.
>
> Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of their
> food is ok.
>
> BTW, if you're travelling, grab a waffle from them and carry it in your
> saddle bag. You can use it to patch tires because it's tougher than the
> stuff they make tires out of! If they ever went into the tire business
> they'd have the longest mileage winner...... <G>

Where you at? The WH in my neck of the woods is pretty darn good.
Maybe it's the cook. I get a big stack of them with ham and eggs.
Damn. Making me hungry. I may have to make a WH run now.
See you at the Waffle House. :)
---
motomanic joe

XS11E

Jun 11, 2002, 11:22:59 PM6/11/02

> "XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of
>> their food is ok.
>>
>> BTW, if you're travelling, grab a waffle from them and carry it in
>> your saddle bag. You can use it to patch tires because it's tougher
>> than the stuff they make tires out of! If they ever went into the
>> tire business they'd have the longest mileage winner...... <G>
>>
> Where you at? The WH in my neck of the woods is pretty darn good.
> Maybe it's the cook. I get a big stack of them with ham and eggs.
> Damn. Making me hungry. I may have to make a WH run now.
> See you at the Waffle House. :)

Phoenix, AZ. We've got a bunch of Waffle Houses here and I've been to
several of them. The waffles are tough but the ham and eggs are fine, I
just get them with toast and hashbrowns.

phxbrd

Jun 11, 2002, 11:24:24 PM6/11/02

"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message

> In article <Xns9229CE84BD8...@68.6.19.6> , XS11E
> <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Holy crap. You been drinking Jamaica Blue Mountain all your life? Never
> been exposed to vending machines or Waffle Houses?
>
> --
> DredheadV2.0

Around here, Circle K convenience stores brew some of the best coffee in
town. Of course, most local restaurants serve swill. This ain't Seattle.

Charles Soto

Jun 11, 2002, 11:43:40 PM6/11/02
"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote:

> In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"

> <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
>
> > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only places
> > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and take
> > a break.
>

> Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the fact
> that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.

It is absolutely a Southern thing. Can't stand it, personally. TEA
MUST NOT BE SWEET. You damn rednecks!

Charles
(natural born suthner)

motomanic

Jun 11, 2002, 11:41:45 PM6/11/02
"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
You are a tad ways off from me here in Tejas. There's a few here that
are like that. There's one in south Ft. Worth that has good waffles.
But maybe they'd make you up a stack of flapjacks instead. I got in
good with a cook at one of them and he would make me a tall stack
every time I went in. I guess it's a good thing he moved on to better
things or I might not be able to zip my britches.
---
motomanic joe

keith s.

Jun 12, 2002, 12:21:18 AM6/12/02

>Man I shudder to think at what you conisder strong coffee.
>
>Here in NY they actually get it pretty good. Ok so it's not a liquid
>orgasm or anything but it's decent coffee for what it is. If they
>brewed it any stronger I'd be typing like Adny right now.

Well since you asked so nicely...I usually purchase a dark roast bean then run
it through a burr grinder set for turkish grind! 12cup pot and 7-8scoops
(freebies from gevalia) Mornings usually takes a 4shot esspresso with some
whole milk foam for giggles. just enough sugar (white death) to taste. That's
all, secret to good coffee is the same one as good beer clean equipment.

keith s.

Jun 12, 2002, 12:24:02 AM6/12/02
> have to agree. In nearly every city and airport across the country, I am
>guaranteed an acceptable cup of of coffee. If I relied entirely on the
>local java huts, I'd be rolling the dice as to whether I got nectar or
>grainy sludge.
>
>It's strong and tasty. Maybe Keith's local Starbux have badly photocopied
>three-ring binders, thus rendering the programming of the pierced-faced
>baristoids defective.
>
>--
>DredheadV2.0

Dred they are consistent I just am underwhelmed by them. That's all, I like
mine STRONG like my wimmin!

Dave Slavik

Jun 12, 2002, 12:35:59 AM6/12/02
keith s. wrote:
>> Man I shudder to think at what you conisder strong coffee.
>>
>> Here in NY they actually get it pretty good. Ok so it's not a liquid
>> orgasm or anything but it's decent coffee for what it is. If they
>> brewed it any stronger I'd be typing like Adny right now.
>>

> Well since you asked so nicely...I usually purchase a dark roast bean
> then run it through a burr grinder set for turkish grind! 12cup pot
> and 7-8scoops (freebies from gevalia) Mornings usually takes a 4shot
> esspresso with some whole milk foam for giggles. just enough sugar
> (white death) to taste. That's all, secret to good coffee is the same
> one as good beer clean equipment.

I hope you brew that with caffeinated water!!

www.waterjoe.com

Used to use it to make my morning espresso...then would pour the whole
mess back through fresh grounds and brew it again...

Ahhh! enervating!!

Charles Soto

Jun 12, 2002, 12:55:47 AM6/12/02
sschi...@aol.comnilfeces (keith s.) wrote:

> > have to agree. In nearly every city and airport across the country, I am
> >guaranteed an acceptable cup of of coffee. If I relied entirely on the
> >local java huts, I'd be rolling the dice as to whether I got nectar or
> >grainy sludge.
> >
> >It's strong and tasty. Maybe Keith's local Starbux have badly photocopied
> >three-ring binders, thus rendering the programming of the pierced-faced
> >baristoids defective.
> >
> >--
> >DredheadV2.0
>
> Dred they are consistent I just am underwhelmed by them. That's all, I like
> mine STRONG like my wimmin!

Your wimmen haven't tried Mitchum?

Charles

shawster

Jun 12, 2002, 5:06:28 AM6/12/02

"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message

> In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"
> <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
>
> > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only places
> > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and
take
> > a break.
>
> Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the fact
> that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.

yes it is a southern thing. It is not unsweetend iced tea, it is unsweet
tea. or sweet tea.

waffle house coffee is good. And yes i do have taste buds. I was raised on
drunkin gonuts coffee. Jamaican blue mountain is highly over rated. and
over priced. kenya AA rules, but for nice sipping I go Costa rican. I CAN
tell the difference. I don't do wine, and I don't do beer anymore. But I
will drink the hell out of a pot of coffee. (which I brew one cup at a time
so that it doesn't get burnt). Caraffes are nice, but still give the coffee
a stale flavor.

shawster
> --
> DredheadV2.0
> DoD 33-1/3
> 2002 Suzuki GSF1200S
>
> "It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once."
> -Hume

shawster

Jun 12, 2002, 5:10:42 AM6/12/02

"keith s." <sschi...@aol.comnilfeces> wrote in message

> >Man I shudder to think at what you conisder strong coffee.
> >
> >Here in NY they actually get it pretty good. Ok so it's not a liquid
> >orgasm or anything but it's decent coffee for what it is. If they
> >brewed it any stronger I'd be typing like Adny right now.
> >

> Well since you asked so nicely...I usually purchase a dark roast bean then
run
> it through a burr grinder set for turkish grind! 12cup pot and 7-8scoops
> (freebies from gevalia) Mornings usually takes a 4shot esspresso with some
> whole milk foam for giggles. just enough sugar (white death) to taste.
That's
> all, secret to good coffee is the same one as good beer clean equipment.

Ah man I'd kill for a burr grinder. My grinder takes two minutes to get the
coffee fine enough to pass through the filter. a little powder on the bottom
makes for a better cuppa.

Shawster
Do you freeze your beans or not??

motomanic

Jun 12, 2002, 11:51:59 AM6/12/02
"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message
> > In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"
> > <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
> >
> > > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only
places
> > > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and
> take
> > > a break.
> >
> > Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the
fact
> > that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> > somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.
>
> yes it is a southern thing. It is not unsweetend iced tea, it is unsweet
> tea. or sweet tea.
>
> waffle house coffee is good. And yes i do have taste buds. I was raised on
> drunkin gonuts coffee. Jamaican blue mountain is highly over rated. and
> over priced. kenya AA rules, but for nice sipping I go Costa rican. I CAN
> tell the difference. I don't do wine, and I don't do beer anymore. But I
> will drink the hell out of a pot of coffee. (which I brew one cup at a
time
> so that it doesn't get burnt). Caraffes are nice, but still give the
coffee
> a stale flavor.

I go through at least 5 pots of coffee a day. No sugar, no creamer.
If it ain't hot and black, forgetaboutit. In my house, Arabica rules.
As soon as stop drinking coffee my eyes try to slam shut. And none
of this decaf crap either. I can tell because my face gets bruised.
---
motomanic joe

shawster

Jun 12, 2002, 12:44:57 PM6/12/02

"motomanic" <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote in message

UGH, why would someone take the caffeine out of coffe? that's just wrong.
worse than NA beer, or sex with a condom. Yeah you could do it, but why?

Arabica is good as long as it is roasted well. I have a hookup at drunkin'
gonuts. I keep him in chicken wings and nachos and he keeps me in coffee.
Life is good. I couldn't afford my habit otherwise.

Do you have a nightly cup before bed too? or is it just me ;o)

> ---
> motomanic joe

motomanic

Jun 12, 2002, 1:54:11 PM6/12/02

"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

The doc asked me how much coffee I drink. He nearly fell on the floor.
Then he proceeds to tell me how caffiene can raise my blood pressure,
blah, blah, blah... He took my BP. 119/65. That ended that conversation
right then and there.

> Arabica is good as long as it is roasted well. I have a hookup at drunkin'
> gonuts. I keep him in chicken wings and nachos and he keeps me in coffee.
> Life is good. I couldn't afford my habit otherwise.

If I had to pay for each individual cup I would have gone
broke years ago. My wife says I should just have it drip fed to me.
Trouble is, I don't want to mount the drip bag on a pole on the
back of my bike and that tube would get tangled. Maybe I need
a caffiene patch like those nicotine patches.
Where's the fun in that? Where's the flavor?

> Do you have a nightly cup before bed too? or is it just me ;o)

Nightly cup? I have a cup of coffee in my hand as I go to bed.
---
motomanic joe

phxbrd

Jun 12, 2002, 3:09:30 PM6/12/02

"Charles Soto" <cs...@austin.meepmeep.com> wrote in message

> "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"
> > <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
> >
> > > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only
places
> > > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and
take
> > > a break.
> >
> > Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the
fact
> > that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> > somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.
>

> It is absolutely a Southern thing. Can't stand it, personally. TEA
> MUST NOT BE SWEET. You damn rednecks!
>
> Charles
> (natural born suthner)

Ya'll boys is plumb forgot when it comes to Waffle House, the main draw is
'cheap', followed closely by GRITS!

Foreign tourists traveling on the cheap invariably go to WH but read only
the word on the menu to put themselves into gales of laughter and/or
revulsion. I suspect not one in fifty knows what grits are, or how they
taste.....

Am I wrong?

01d...@my.house

Jun 12, 2002, 6:06:57 PM6/12/02
In the mens room on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:09:30 GMT, "phxbrd"
<phx...@earthlink.net> calmly looked over the stall at me and
whispered:

>Ya'll boys is plumb forgot when it comes to Waffle House, the main draw is
>'cheap', followed closely by GRITS!
>
>Foreign tourists traveling on the cheap invariably go to WH but read only
>the word on the menu to put themselves into gales of laughter and/or
>revulsion. I suspect not one in fifty knows what grits are, or how they
>taste.....
>
>Am I wrong?

no you are not sir. The only 'merican way to eat grits is with lot's
'o butter, salt and pepper. Only northern pussys put milk or
cinnamon, bacon bits or any of that other garbage in grits.

fnord

Jun 12, 2002, 6:43:02 PM6/12/02
A lot of those tourists will spend good money in classy restaurants for
"polenta" too.

<01d...@my.house> wrote in message

motomanic

Jun 12, 2002, 6:58:27 PM6/12/02
"phxbrd" <phx...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
You could be...
As far as tea goes, unsweetened here. maybe a little lemon.
I'm in the south and I don't eat grits. Might as well eat mushed
up card board. If I want cornmeal mush I'll fry it up in some
good ol bacon drippins. With eggs and ham.
---
motomanic joe

phxbrd

Jun 12, 2002, 7:29:10 PM6/12/02

<01d...@my.house> wrote in message

The mere thought gives me the shudders....

Odinn

Jun 12, 2002, 7:48:12 PM6/12/02
"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
It's changed now, I was in Poughkeepsie just last October, and I had no
trouble with my coffee, I ordered coffee, it came to me, with creamers on
the side.

--
Odinn
(ready to put his bike back together after using it for deer hunting)

Odinn

Jun 12, 2002, 7:56:17 PM6/12/02
"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

I have at least a half pot of coffee before I go to work, another 2-3 cups
by lunch (I get to work at 10 am and go to lunch at noon). At least 2 more
cups before I head home, sometimes 4 or 5 cups. I get home, the wife fixes
a pot of coffee for me (I'm the only one who drinks it in the evening).

At work we have those flavia machines (1 cup at a time), nastiest coffee I
have ever had. At home, it's Folgers. Most resteraunts I know make their
coffee too weak. If the waitress says she's going to fix a new pot, I
usually tell them to give me the coffee out of the old pot, I don't want
fresh weak stuff.

Odinn

Jun 12, 2002, 7:58:08 PM6/12/02
<01d...@my.house> wrote in message

AMEN to that brother.

I hate it when damn yankees try to dress up grits like that nasty
cream-o-wheat crap.

Steve Calvin

Jun 12, 2002, 11:09:48 PM6/12/02

I've lived Poughkeepsie for the last 28 years ( :-( ) and I've never
had a cup of coffee delivered to me with cream in it. It has always
come with cream "on the side".

--
Steve

XS11E

Jun 12, 2002, 8:37:11 PM6/12/02
Steve Calvin <calvin...@optonline.net> wrote in

> I've lived Poughkeepsie for the last 28 years ( :-( ) and I've never
> had a cup of coffee delivered to me with cream in it. It has always
> come with cream "on the side".

You're eating in the wrong diner! ;-)

Steve Calvin

Jun 12, 2002, 11:43:40 PM6/12/02

diner? What's a diner? ;-)

--
Steve

Charles Soto

Jun 12, 2002, 11:28:34 PM6/12/02
"shawster" <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message
> > In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"
> > <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
> >
> > > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only places
> > > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and
> take
> > > a break.
> >
> > Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the fact
> > that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> > somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.
>
> yes it is a southern thing. It is not unsweetend iced tea, it is unsweet
> tea. or sweet tea.
>
> waffle house coffee is good. And yes i do have taste buds. I was raised on
> drunkin gonuts coffee. Jamaican blue mountain is highly over rated. and
> over priced. kenya AA rules, but for nice sipping I go Costa rican. I CAN
> tell the difference. I don't do wine, and I don't do beer anymore. But I
> will drink the hell out of a pot of coffee. (which I brew one cup at a time
> so that it doesn't get burnt). Caraffes are nice, but still give the coffee
> a stale flavor.
>

> shawster

Mmmmm... Costa Rican Tarraza, Guatemalan Huehuetenango or Mexican Altura
for me. Best.

shawster

Jun 12, 2002, 11:34:22 PM6/12/02

"motomanic" <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote in message

I'm a damn yankee ( I won't go back) and I tried eating grits like cream of
wheat. big mistake. corn needs butter and salt. almost yummy.
> ---
> motomanic joe

~ Moriah ~

Jun 13, 2002, 12:04:25 AM6/13/02

shawster <shaw...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:dUKN8.128460$%> >
> take

> Do you have a nightly cup before bed too? or is it just me ;o)

==================================
YES!!! I couldn't sleep without my nightly 2 cups of coffee. :o)
--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

keith s.

Jun 13, 2002, 12:29:35 AM6/13/02

>I hope you brew that with caffeinated water!!
>
>www.waterjoe.com
>

>Used to use it to make my morning espresso...then would pour the whole
>mess back through fresh grounds and brew it again...
>
>Ahhh! enervating!!

WHOAA! caffinated water? nirvanna...I just go the sloppy seconds with the beans
even with the first water. That just aint right! IMHO, Funny I always found
Blue mountain over rated. Now Costa Rican beans, mmm s'good. or some real
java!.

You do know the five grades of coffee right?
in decending grade they are:
Coffee

Java

Joe

Jamoke

Carbon Remover.

I've sampled all Five grades, there are occasions when grade five is
appropriate yet the serving of which is more critical than espresso!(boiling
hot and a paper cup no nothing)

XS11E

Jun 13, 2002, 2:01:47 AM6/13/02

> Mmmmm... Costa Rican Tarraza, Guatemalan Huehuetenango or Mexican
> Altura for me. Best.

You've no taste at all, Charles. Every one knows the best coffee in the
entire world is the wonderful stuff brewed at Camp Pendleton by the gormet
USMC chefs! It tastes GREAT and it's good for cleaning rifles and
stripping paint as well, now try that with your Costa Rican sewer sludge!

Margaret M.

Jun 13, 2002, 4:35:07 AM6/13/02
"phxbrd" <phx...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Ya'll boys is plumb forgot when it comes to Waffle House, the main
draw is
> 'cheap', followed closely by GRITS!
> **snip** revulsion. I suspect not one in fifty knows what grits

are, or how they
> taste.....> Am I wrong?

Yeah, but do you prefer your grits plain, with a little butter, with
butter and grape jelly, or with white gravy. I even eaten them with the
cheese sauce. I love them EVERY way! I guess I'm just a redneck gal.
:)
Mag

Margaret M.

Jun 13, 2002, 4:42:33 AM6/13/02
> But maybe they'd make you up a stack of flapjacks instead. I got in
> good with a cook at one of them and he would make me a tall stack
> every time I went in. I guess it's a good thing he moved on to better
> things or I might not be able to zip my britches.
> motomanic joe

My mother used to make the BEST flapjacks in the world. It was such a
treat. Kinda like eating donuts, but not. :)
Mag

Hoyt McKagen

Jun 13, 2002, 10:55:47 AM6/13/02
motomanic wrote:
> I go through at least 5 pots of coffee a day. No sugar, no creamer.
> If it ain't hot and black, forgetaboutit. In my house, Arabica rules.
> As soon as stop drinking coffee my eyes try to slam shut. And none
> of this decaf crap either. I can tell because my face gets bruised.

See the subject line for a startling revelation.

Regards,

Hoyt McKagen

Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
Best MC Repair - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
"What did you do to the cat? He looks half-dead." <=Schrodinger's wife

Carl Schelin

Jun 13, 2002, 11:00:39 AM6/13/02
In article <Xns922AC92B012...@68.6.19.6>,
XS11E <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>"motomanic" <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote in
>> Then why is Starbucks so popular? Are people's tastebuds that
>> defunct?
>
>Different people have different tastes, there's people already heard from
>that like Starbucks and I know at least one of my friends who does although
>most people I know won't drink their stuff....

My wife loves their gingerbread spice coffee they make in the winter. In
her opinion that's their crack coffee.

>> If it ain't any good, quit going there. Maybe they'll get the hint.
>> Ya reckon?
>
>Not from me, I've never gone to Starbucks. Twice while waiting, friends
>have brought me a cup of their coffee because they were nearby, I've been
>delighted that I wasn't paying for it!

I've been in a Starbucks but never had their coffee. Probably the fact that
I don't drink coffee has something to do with that :-)

>> And don't knock Waffle House.
>

>Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of their
>food is ok.

I've been tempted but haven't fallen yet. Denny's is the worst IMO. I've
had to send food back more times than I care to count because one item was
hot but the rest was cold. I'd rather find a good greasy spoon and fall
back to IHOP.

>BTW, if you're travelling, grab a waffle from them and carry it in your
>saddle bag. You can use it to patch tires because it's tougher than the
>stuff they make tires out of! If they ever went into the tire business
>they'd have the longest mileage winner...... <G>

Thanks for the warning :-)

Carl
--
It takes a million monkeys at typewriters to write Shakespeare, but
only a dozen monkeys at computers to run Windows NT.

motomanic

Jun 13, 2002, 11:25:43 AM6/13/02

"Hoyt McKagen" <nos...@PhucDhup.com> wrote in message

> motomanic wrote:
> > I go through at least 5 pots of coffee a day. No sugar, no creamer.
> > If it ain't hot and black, forgetaboutit. In my house, Arabica rules.
> > As soon as stop drinking coffee my eyes try to slam shut. And none
> > of this decaf crap either. I can tell because my face gets bruised.
>
> See the subject line for a startling revelation.
>

> Regards,
>
> Hoyt McKagen

Hoyt, I can think of worse things to be addicted to. Can't you?
It ain't that bad though. I don't drink and drive. The wind in
my face keeps me awake. ;-)
---
motomanic joe

entropy_magnet

Jun 13, 2002, 12:21:42 PM6/13/02
In article <aeac2n$vag$1...@news.chatlink.com>, csch...@bofh.hq.nasa.gov says...
<snip>>

>>Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of their
>>food is ok.
>
>I've been tempted but haven't fallen yet. Denny's is the worst IMO. I've
>had to send food back more times than I care to count because one item was
>hot but the rest was cold. I'd rather find a good greasy spoon and fall
>back to IHOP.

That one court case where Denny's was sued for discrimination always amused me.
Those people weren't being given poor service because of their race. They were
given poor service because they went to Denny's. If you want Denny's type food
and good service, then you go to Shoney's, its pretty simple really ;)

spam...@telocity.com is a real email address
but it won't be read
replace spamtrap with conswirloo and you might get somewhere

Carl Schelin

Jun 13, 2002, 4:06:04 PM6/13/02
In article <33985302.0...@drn.newsguy.com>,

entropy_magnet <spam...@telocity.com> wrote:
>In article <aeac2n$vag$1...@news.chatlink.com>, csch...@bofh.hq.nasa.gov says...
><snip>>
>

>>>Not me, after I learned not to eat their waffles I found the rest of their
>>>food is ok.
>>
>>I've been tempted but haven't fallen yet. Denny's is the worst IMO. I've
>>had to send food back more times than I care to count because one item was
>>hot but the rest was cold. I'd rather find a good greasy spoon and fall
>>back to IHOP.
>>

>That one court case where Denny's was sued for discrimination always amused me.
>Those people weren't being given poor service because of their race. They were
>given poor service because they went to Denny's. If you want Denny's type food
>and good service, then you go to Shoney's, its pretty simple really ;)

And in the recent The Wind? Windy? the chopper rag, there's a page on the same
thing happening to a group of bikers. They went to a different Denny's and got
better service.

XS11E

Jun 13, 2002, 4:29:42 PM6/13/02
csch...@bofh.hq.nasa.gov (Carl Schelin) wrote in

>>That one court case where Denny's was sued for discrimination always
>>amused me. Those people weren't being given poor service because of
>>their race. They were given poor service because they went to
>>Denny's. If you want Denny's type food and good service, then you go
>>to Shoney's, its pretty simple really ;)
>
> And in the recent The Wind? Windy? the chopper rag, there's a page on
> the same thing happening to a group of bikers. They went to a
> different Denny's and got better service.

My experiences at Denny's (as always, YMMV):

1. Service, good to excellent with one exception.
2. Coffee, always good. Not great but good.
3. Food, so-so to ok with two exceptions

Exceptions,

1. They opened a place very near me. Service absoutely SUCKED, Food was
inedible and it folded up quickly. Wonder why? It quickly got a
reputation all over Phoenix.

2. Food, the grand slam breakfast is better than ok, I'd rate it as good
and give it an extra point for price.

Other than that one place I've always had good service at Denny's, anywhere
I've eaten at one. That's not many outside of the Phoenix area, when
travelling we alway try to find non-chain places unless we just need a rest
stop, then the senior coffee and clean restrooms at McDonald's are
irresistable.

emore

Jun 13, 2002, 5:52:18 PM6/13/02
"Margaret M." wrote:

Me and you both. I get "gritted" one morning per week as my reward for
having a poptart and diet coke the other six work days. Nothing like it.
Egg on the plate first, covered in grits, slab 'O' butter on top and a
couple slices of pig flesh. Mmm, mmm, good!

Emore

Iggie

Jun 13, 2002, 8:47:44 PM6/13/02
Mmmmm

JBM

Starbucks Aint That Bad

"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message

> In article <Xns9229CE84BD8...@68.6.19.6> , XS11E

> <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in

> >> Really really bad coffee is what you find in the waiting room of the
> >> Jiffy Lube. Mock it all you want, but Starbucks really is quite tasty
> >> when compared with the swill available at gas stations and pancake
> >> houses.
> >
> > I believe Starbucks is the absolute worst coffee I've EVER had!
> >
> Holy crap. You been drinking Jamaica Blue Mountain all your life? Never
> been exposed to vending machines or Waffle Houses?
>
> --
> DredheadV2.0
> DoD 33-1/3
> 2002 Suzuki GSF1200S
>
> "It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once."
> -Hume

mm

Jun 14, 2002, 4:40:35 AM6/14/02

"XS11E" <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in

> > Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the
> > fact that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I
> > find somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.
>
> Regional differences. I had breakfast in a diner in Poughkeepsie, NY
once,
> the waitress asked how I liked my coffee and I said black. She started to
> set down a coffee with cream and said, "Oh, you wanted it black" and took
> it away. She came back with a cup of black coffee and told me she had to
> draw three cups of coffee before she could get one black. The coffee urn
> was next to the creamer and she said she filled the cup, moved it under
the
> creamer and hit the lever to dispense the cream all automatically! She
> said in her 20+ year working at that diner she'd never served black coffee
> before? I learned in Poughkeepsie coffee with cream is called "coffee
> regular" and that's what most people there prefer.
>
> That was back in 1964, I wonder if it's changed by now?

Nope, that's a New York thing.
Although sometimes you get someone just off the boat,
and you ask for a regular coffee, or coffee regular,
and they'll ask "milk?", and then "sugar?".

It's expedience, and you'll be surprised how annoying it is to an
impatient New Yorker to be hassled with those questions,
in the morning before coffee, myself included. ;)

phxbrd

Jun 14, 2002, 6:25:52 PM6/14/02

> I ordered coffee, it came to me, with creamers on
> the side.

WTF are "creamers"? You mean those little cups of "half & half". WTF is
that? Half milk, half cream? Milk has cream IN it. Are they half
skimmed-milk, half pure cream? Highly doubtful. Pound the table/counter
and demand CREAM for your coffee! Fuck, Coffee Mate is better than that
"creamer" gorm. I get sick and goddamed tired of cheap substitutes.

Tomorrow we'll discuss bad coffee....

~ Moriah ~

Jun 14, 2002, 11:38:04 PM6/14/02

Fuck, Coffee Mate is better than that
> "creamer" gorm. I get sick and goddamed tired of cheap substitutes.
>
> Tomorrow we'll discuss bad coffee....
==================================
That's already been discussed. How about MC boots that don't fit right? Or
what to do with expensive chaps when you gain 50 lbs and they don't fit
anymore......

--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

Hoyt McKagen

Jun 14, 2002, 4:12:49 PM6/14/02
motomanic wrote:
> Hoyt, I can think of worse things to be addicted to. Can't you?

Sex, drugs and R&R ??

Just keep the rubber down and paint up, is what I aim for. HAGO!!

keith s.

Jun 15, 2002, 10:27:30 AM6/15/02

>motomanic wrote:
>> Hoyt, I can think of worse things to be addicted to. Can't you?
>
>Sex, drugs and R&R ??
>
>Just keep the rubber down and paint up, is what I aim for. HAGO!!
>
>Regards,
>
>Hoyt McKagen

Hoyt your never really addicted until your will to drink Maxwell's (blech) or
instant...the later being the mark of a true addict. I would never stoop that
low(now where is that grounding rod?)

keith,s

p.s. typed as I sit here with a 4shot Espresso made with a little fog lifter
and foamed whole milk.

XS11E

Jun 15, 2002, 10:47:07 AM6/15/02
"~ Moriah ~" <we-Eat-...@spam-killer.net> wrote in

> Or what to do with expensive chaps when you gain 50 lbs and
> they don't fit anymore......

I heard a very interesting comment from my doctor the other day, I was
complaining about being overweight and having trouble loosing pounds, he
said I wasn't overweight. He told me, "We go on a height and weight chart
and you're not overweight at all, you're just WAY too short!"

Charles Soto

Jun 15, 2002, 11:57:25 AM6/15/02
"phxbrd" <phx...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Half-and-half is half whole milk, half heavy cream. At least the stuff
I make...

shawster

Jun 15, 2002, 1:18:18 PM6/15/02

> >motomanic wrote:
> >> Hoyt, I can think of worse things to be addicted to. Can't you?
> >
> >Sex, drugs and R&R ??
> >
> >Just keep the rubber down and paint up, is what I aim for. HAGO!!
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Hoyt McKagen
> >

> Hoyt your never really addicted until your will to drink Maxwell's (blech)
or
> instant...the later being the mark of a true addict. I would never stoop
that
> low(now where is that grounding rod?)

I never realized I was a drunk until I went from Bass ale to Miller high
life.

> keith,s
>
> p.s. typed as I sit here with a 4shot Espresso made with a little fog
lifter
> and foamed whole milk.

Just a good strong cuppa for me.

Stephen!

Jun 15, 2002, 1:47:04 PM6/15/02
phxbrd <phx...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Fuck, Coffee Mate is better than that
> "creamer" gorm. I get sick and goddamed tired of cheap substitutes.

Coffee is meant to be drunk without pussy juice in it... You wanna mocha
milkshake go to McDonalds...

--
MTN-291
ICQ: 9977496

~ Moriah ~

Jun 16, 2002, 5:59:08 PM6/16/02

> I heard a very interesting comment from my doctor the other day, I was
> complaining about being overweight and having trouble loosing pounds, he
> said I wasn't overweight. He told me, "We go on a height and weight chart
> and you're not overweight at all, you're just WAY too short!"
> =============
If you're truly overweight try the Atkins diet. It works and you're never
hungry. I really took note yesterday of the overweight bikers out there.
Of the 7 bikes that passed us on Sam Ridley Pkwy yesterday 5 were obese, 1
was very obese (must have been a good 300 lbs) and 1 had a normal weight.
At the Rally down in Lynchburg there were way more obese bikers then average
size men, especially among the older guys (and woman).

--
Moriah.......
You know you're a biker when:

XS11E

Jun 16, 2002, 7:30:46 PM6/16/02

> XS11E <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I heard a very interesting comment from my doctor the other day, I
>> was complaining about being overweight and having trouble loosing
>> pounds, he said I wasn't overweight. He told me, "We go on a height
>> and weight chart and you're not overweight at all, you're just WAY
>> too short!" =============

> If you're truly overweight try the Atkins diet, It works and you're
> never hungry.

But I'm not overweight, just too short! Major problem with the Adkins Diet
( voice of experience speaking!) is that you lose weight very nicely but
gain it back plus a few more pounds incredibly fast after ending the diet.

> I really took note yesterday of the overweight bikers
> out there. Of the 7 bikes that passed us on Sam Ridley Pkwy yesterday
> 5 were obese, 1 was very obese (must have been a good 300 lbs) and 1
> had a normal weight. At the Rally down in Lynchburg there were way
> more obese bikers then average size men, especially among the older
> guys (and woman).

Live to ride, ride to eat!

Or in the words of Beau Allan Pacheco, "Eat, ride or get out of the way!"

Schüß

Jun 16, 2002, 7:42:43 PM6/16/02
There's only 15 Starbucks in this part of the state, all are within 20 miles
of Nashville. Next closest is Atlanta, Birmingham (ALABAMA?!!!) and
Memphis.
90 miles would have covered all of 15... :-)
--
Schüß
'92 CB750 Nighthawk

"Demetrios of Hungarea" <pres...@whorehouse.gov> wrote in message
> On Sun, 9 Jun 2002 13:07:31 -0500, "~ Moriah ~"
> <we-Eat-...@spam-killer.net> wrote:
>
> >A small group was going on a 90 miler.
>

> 90 miles?!?!
>
> They really space them Stabucks kinda far out in the boondocks eh? ;)

Schüß

Jun 16, 2002, 7:51:08 PM6/16/02
That's how we southerners know we're getting too far north...

"I'll have sweet tea."
"You want whut?"
"Sweet tea."
"Whuts that"
"Iced tea with sugar."
"There's the shuoogerr"

And don't EVER ask for grits north of the Mason-Dixon Line...

--
Schüß
'92 CB750 Nighthawk

Californian by birth, Tennessean by choice, Southern by the Grace of God
Official Refugee from the Peoples Republik of Kalifornikate

"Allen Stevens" <slim...@rcnchicago.com> wrote in message
> In article <ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com> , "motomanic"
> <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote:
>
> > And don't knock Waffle House. 90% of the time they are the only places
> > open at 3:00 in the morning when I'm ready to climb off the bike and
take
> > a break.

> Ain't knockin the WH. I'm down with the breakfast ham, yo. It's the fact
> that I have to specifically ask for UNsweetened iced tea that I find
> somewhat odd. Must be a Southern thing.

mm

Jun 16, 2002, 7:58:24 PM6/16/02

> But I'm not overweight, just too short! Major problem with the Adkins
Diet
> ( voice of experience speaking!) is that you lose weight very nicely but
> gain it back plus a few more pounds incredibly fast after ending the diet.

Why end the diet?
That's the problem, people like to *go* on a diet, rather than *have* a
healthy diet.

XS11E

Jun 16, 2002, 8:51:29 PM6/16/02
"mm" <mickey...@disney.f.land.com> wrote in

The Adkins diet is not a diet you can stay on for long, the McDonalds
police will come to your house and demand you start eating there again,
also the Krispy Kreme folks will be after you.....

Hal Wright

Jun 16, 2002, 10:40:10 PM6/16/02

"~ Moriah ~" <we-Eat-...@spam-killer.net> wrote in message

I really took note yesterday of the overweight bikers out there.
> Of the 7 bikes that passed us on Sam Ridley Pkwy yesterday 5 were obese, 1
> was very obese (must have been a good 300 lbs) and 1 had a normal weight.
> At the Rally down in Lynchburg there were way more obese bikers then
average
> size men, especially among the older guys (and woman).
> --
> Moriah.......

You seem to be fixated on weight. Why not give it a rest and pick on some
other kind of bigotry. I suppose you are perfect in every way?

Hal

Hal Wright

Jun 17, 2002, 12:05:24 AM6/17/02

"zeep" <zeep-n...@cotse.com> wrote in message
> Dude, a while back she posted a 30 year old pic of herself, in that
> directory were more pics and some were 2001 era. Lol, she's fugly, she
may
> have once been ok, but man, time was not nice to her. She looks like an
> overweight grandmother with a bad attitude. She has the attitude like she
> still looks like she did thirty years ago, but man, she needs to study a
> mirror. She'd be lucky if even those 300 lb unwashed guys wanted to fuck
> her, but somehow I suspect even they have better taste.
>
> Zeep
>
> 2000 'busa

Figgered. Thanks.

keith s.

Jun 17, 2002, 12:23:00 AM6/17/02

>There's only 15 Starbucks in this part of the state, all are within 20 miles
>of Nashville. Next closest is Atlanta, Birmingham (ALABAMA?!!!) and
>Memphis.
>90 miles would have covered all of 15... :-)
>--
>Schüß
>'92 CB750

heck when I lived in Texas I was waiting to wake up one morning and finding
that they (Starsucks, I mean Starbucks) had set up in my living room. Hell
there everywhere else...I have $5 whole dollars that says when we get to Mars.
Starbucks will already have a store there WITH a drive through window.

Charles Soto

Jun 17, 2002, 12:55:57 AM6/17/02
XS11E <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Do NOT piss off the Krispy Kreme Police!

Scott Gardner

Jun 17, 2002, 12:05:15 PM6/17/02
On 17 Jun 2002 04:23:00 GMT, sschi...@aol.comnilfeces (keith s.)
wrote:

Lol--reminds me of when they discovered signs of life in that Martian
rock. One of the late-night talk show hosts made a joke that if they
do discover life on Mars, it will mean one more place for AOL to send
disks to.

Scott

phxbrd

Jun 18, 2002, 12:52:41 PM6/18/02

> Steve Calvin <calvin...@optonline.net> wrote in
>
> > I've lived Poughkeepsie for the last 28 years ( :-( ) and I've never
> > had a cup of coffee delivered to me with cream in it. It has always
> > come with cream "on the side".
>
> You're eating in the wrong diner! ;-)

I think he eats only at home. His wife is a saint....

phxbrd

Jun 18, 2002, 3:25:43 PM6/18/02
> Mmmmm... Costa Rican Tarraza, Guatemalan Huehuetenango or Mexican Altura
> for me. Best.
>
> Charles

Sweet Wife got me a Cuisinart coffee pot that grinds beans, then brews them
in a supposedly scientific way. Coffeeologists found that nearly all good
flavor is extracted well before all water is processed. Worse, it's the
last water that extracts bitterness, so my pot siphons off a percentage
straight *around* the brewing, then halts the process before bitterness
begins. My skepticism almost had me returning the gift, but experience has
made me a believer. It works.

phxbrd

Jun 18, 2002, 4:49:03 PM6/18/02

> > You could be...
> > As far as tea goes, unsweetened here. maybe a little lemon.
> > I'm in the south and I don't eat grits. Might as well eat mushed
> > up card board. If I want cornmeal mush I'll fry it up in some
> > good ol bacon drippins. With eggs and ham.
>
> I'm a damn yankee ( I won't go back) and I tried eating grits like cream
of
> wheat. big mistake. corn needs butter and salt. almost yummy.
> > ---
> > motomanic joe

Fuckin A, but don't grits just 'fit' with fried eggs?

Charles Soto

Jun 18, 2002, 10:58:59 PM6/18/02
In article <XOLP8.3108$uH2....@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"phxbrd" <phx...@earthlink.net> wrote:

This is absolutely true. Other than the fact that I'm stingy and want
the whole damn pot, you're better off removing the pot before all the
water is through it. Some coffeemakers are designed to let you do this.

shawster

Jun 19, 2002, 5:12:40 AM6/19/02

> In article <XOLP8.3108$uH2....@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> "phxbrd" <phx...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > > Mmmmm... Costa Rican Tarraza, Guatemalan Huehuetenango or Mexican
Altura
> > > for me. Best.
> > >
> > > Charles
> >
> > Sweet Wife got me a Cuisinart coffee pot that grinds beans, then brews
them
> > in a supposedly scientific way. Coffeeologists found that nearly all
good
> > flavor is extracted well before all water is processed. Worse, it's the
> > last water that extracts bitterness, so my pot siphons off a percentage
> > straight *around* the brewing, then halts the process before bitterness
> > begins. My skepticism almost had me returning the gift, but experience
has
> > made me a believer. It works.
>

> This is absolutely true. Other than the fact that I'm stingy and want
> the whole damn pot, you're better off removing the pot before all the
> water is through it. Some coffeemakers are designed to let you do this.

that's why I just put a lot of coffee in the filter. Cuisuinart you say?
hmmm.

Jesse R

Jun 19, 2002, 10:56:15 AM6/19/02
"phxbrd" <phx...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<XOLP8.3108$uH2....@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

> Sweet Wife got me a Cuisinart coffee pot that grinds beans, then brews them
> in a supposedly scientific way. Coffeeologists found that nearly all good
> flavor is extracted well before all water is processed. Worse, it's the
> last water that extracts bitterness, so my pot siphons off a percentage
> straight *around* the brewing, then halts the process before bitterness
> begins. My skepticism almost had me returning the gift, but experience has
> made me a believer. It works.

Well, I don't have a wife and ain't gettin' one soon, so I have to buy
my own toys. What's the model # of your coffee maker? I may take a
look-see.

-J

Tim Kreitz

Jun 19, 2002, 5:41:02 PM6/19/02
"motomanic" <motoma...@hotmailnotspam.com> wrote in message news:<ugd8kf8...@corp.supernews.com>...

> Then why is Starbucks so popular?

Because it kicks ass! :-)

One triple espresso from Starbucks and it's ALL GOOD...for days.

Cheers,

Tim Kreitz
2000 ZX6R
1992 ZX600
AMA #481284
DoD #2184
-----------------------
"Beer is proof that God loves us
and wants us to be happy." – Ben Franklin

Tim Kreitz

Jun 19, 2002, 5:44:12 PM6/19/02
XS11E <xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Xns922AC92B012...@68.6.19.6>...
> You can use it to patch tires because it's tougher than the
> stuff they make tires out of!

Rubber?

keith s.

Jun 19, 2002, 9:55:35 PM6/19/02

>Because it kicks ass! :-)
>
>One triple espresso from Starbucks and it's ALL GOOD...for days.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Tim Kreitz

Gee, that wont do at all! I refuse to be shorted a shot of espresso! I have a
4shot dry latte' with my breakfast of oatmeal and grapefruit. A two shot
straight with lunch and another one before dinnnnnneeeerrrrrrrr.... never gives
me trouble atall!

Michael Young

Jun 19, 2002, 10:14:28 PM6/19/02

> Gee, that wont do at all! I refuse to be shorted a shot of espresso! I
have a
> 4shot dry latte' with my breakfast of oatmeal and grapefruit. A two shot
> straight with lunch and another one before dinnnnnneeeerrrrrrrr.... never
gives
> me trouble atall!

Until they check your blood cholesterol, that is. Gave up the triple shot
mochas in the morning, and I could eat red meat again.

keith s.

Jun 20, 2002, 3:18:30 AM6/20/02

>Until they check your blood cholesterol, that is. Gave up the triple shot
>mochas in the morning, and I could eat red meat again.

Mike that's not a worry for me. In my family it's either colon cancer or
alzheimers both of which wait until the early to mid 70's heart problems are
the exception. so when I am 75 my ass will fall out but I will forget it
happened! sure will make riding the bike hard. ;^) come to think about it I
haven't given up any of the socalled "BAD" eating habits and my cholesteral is
middle of the road and my HDL LDL ratio still favors HDL...I smoke to! works
for me. YMMV

Michael Young

Jun 21, 2002, 1:05:53 AM6/21/02

> >Until they check your blood cholesterol, that is. Gave up the triple shot
> >mochas in the morning, and I could eat red meat again.
> >

> Mike that's not a worry for me. In my family it's either colon cancer or
> alzheimers both of which wait until the early to mid 70's heart problems
are
> the exception. so when I am 75 my ass will fall out but I will forget it
> happened! sure will make riding the bike hard. ;^) come to think about it
> haven't given up any of the socalled "BAD" eating habits and my
cholesteral is
> middle of the road and my HDL LDL ratio still favors HDL...I smoke to!
works
> for me. YMMV

I paid it heed for all of three weeks; I'm really guessing at the effect of
coffee. Things were normal at the next checkup despite my addiction to
heavily marbled ribeyes.

My father wore a cholostomy bag for the last twenty years of his life. I
didn't think I could find humor in it, but thanks for the smile. :)

Andy Woodward

Jun 21, 2002, 3:42:59 AM6/21/02
>> >Until they check your blood cholesterol, that is. Gave up the triple shot
>> >mochas in the morning, and I could eat red meat again.

Seems to me yiu shuld MAXIMISE your cholesterol.

NOBODY gets to avoid dying. And their are statistically 4 main ways to
do it. Stroke, Heart attack, Cancer, or Alzheimers.

Now which is the best way to go? Seems to me its wise to load teh dice
beforehand.

It is loading more messages.