MSF, just a question

james

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
I do not intend to use it, but I am curious about the way it works out
there.
(just wanted to compare with my having the licence in France, guess
there
are not so many basic differences)

What do u really learn there? How is it organized? (theory, practice(s))

Is it hard?
Do you need a gun to get the licence? ;) Should you live in Texas?

myst...@mindspring.com

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00

james <alexis...@alcatel.com> wrote in message

> Is it hard?

Not at the moment.

> Do you need a gun to get the licence? ;)

Of course. What a question.

> Should you live in Texas?

Only you should.

Jeff

frequently frank

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
In article <38C8D255...@alcatel.com>, james

<alexis...@alcatel.com> wrote:
>I do not intend to use it, but I am curious about the way it
works out
>there.
>(just wanted to compare with my having the licence in France,
guess
>there
>are not so many basic differences)
>
>What do u really learn there? How is it organized? (theory,
practice(s))

there's a whole thread recently about MSF called Top 5 lessons
from MSF or something, so i'm not going to rehash what you learn
in detail. you learn basics, basically. it's organized, at least
my class was, into one evening of classroom, a day of half
"range" work actually on bikes and half classroom, and a day of
range work. three days total.

>Is it hard?

for me, it was a cinch, easy easy easy. but of my class of 12, i
was one of only two who had ever ridden a motorcycle before. and
i'd ridden for quite a while. three other students dropped out
and didn't complete it. all of those who completed passed.
watching them during their examination, it looked like it was
easier for some of them than others.

>Do you need a gun to get the licence? ;) Should you live in
Texas?

most people who live in Texas are happy to live in Texas. many
people who don't live in Texas think they're lucky they don't
live in Texas. But once people discover Austin, Texas, suddenly
they think maybe they do want to live in Texas after all. Which
makes managing growth around here in Austin a problem. So the
answer is no, pretty much. You shouldn't live in Texas.

james

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
myst...@mindspring.com wrote:

> james <alexis...@alcatel.com> wrote in message

> > Should you live in Texas?
>

> Only you should.

You're kidding? too dangerous for me! who knows if
some in this NG won't recognize me?

wouldn't handle beeing shot out by a big fat bearded red-necky
HD driver...
If only he could proper english.

luv stereotypes...

Nate Birkholz

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
myst...@mindspring.com wrote:

> james <alexis...@alcatel.com> wrote in message
>
> > Is it hard?
>
> Not at the moment.
>
> > Do you need a gun to get the licence? ;)
>
> Of course. What a question.
>
> > Should you live in Texas?
>
> Only you should.
>
> Jeff

ROFL That was perfect.

Zbend

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
William Harvey wrote:

> Most of the state is fairly conservative. Austin is liberal
> and often refered to as Moscow on the Colorado.

Haven't heard that one before, I have heard it referred to as San
Francisco on the Colorado.

Vince in Texas

William Harvey

Mar 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/11/00
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 05:13:36 -0800, frequently frank
<tex500N...@cheerful.com.invalid> wrote:

>most people who live in Texas are happy to live in Texas. many
>people who don't live in Texas think they're lucky they don't
>live in Texas. But once people discover Austin, Texas, suddenly
>they think maybe they do want to live in Texas after all. Which
>makes managing growth around here in Austin a problem. So the
>answer is no, pretty much. You shouldn't live in Texas.

You mean Austin is in Texas??? No way!! It is really a
dislocated Kalifornia city.

Most of the state is fairly conservative. Austin is liberal

and often refered to as Moscow on the Colorado. The result
of too many yankees moving in.

Shame because the lake country is pretty nice.

William Harvey
wha...@aye.net

William Harvey

Mar 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/11/00
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:57:05 -0600, Zbend <Zb...@wt.net>
wrote:

>William Harvey wrote:
>
>> Most of the state is fairly conservative. Austin is liberal
>> and often refered to as Moscow on the Colorado.
>

>Haven't heard that one before, I have heard it referred to as San
>Francisco on the Colorado.

The Moscow on the Colorado comes from tx.guns. What with
UT, San Francisco also fits. I don't remeber the name of the
street which is the main drag but it is populated with some
of the most interesting people. Couldn't find them anywhere
else in the state, except maybe the Montrose (sp?) area of
Houston.

It is amazing how different Austin is from the rest of the
state considering it is the state capitol. The terrain is
sure nice though.