Crazy Horse Memorial Foundation theme chopper raffle one month from today

Shrike!

Jul 13, 2006, 12:09:43 AM7/13/06
Crazy Horse Memorial Foundation theme chopper raffle one month from today

Today, Jay Thomas (The Jay Thomas Show; Sirius Stars Channel 102 -
http://jaythomasshow.com/) spoke via telephone with the widow of
sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski who developed and did much of the work
so far in creating the Crazy Horse Memorial near Mount Rushmore.

Upon checking out the Memorial's official website tonight I discovered
that there is a theme chopper being raffled a month from today with
the proceeds to benefit the memorial Foundation.

I thought I'd post a heads-up here for folks who may wish to help out
the project financially and/or win the bike.

I have no connection whatsoever with any aspect of the Foundation or
the raffle. I'm merely trying to be supportive of the project and hope
I live long enough to see it completed. It has been a few years since
I last visited the memorial site and the size, scope, and Ziolkowski's
vision for the project was impressive even then.

---------------------

The text below is verbatim from the raffle webpage with numerous
individual items being captions of photos of the bike, and, links for
bike and raffle related content.

From - http://www.crazyhorse.org/news/bikepix.shtml

Crazy Horse bike drawing set for Aug. 12, 2006

Crazy Horse custom motorcycle before the Crazy Horse Memorial mountain
carving

Crazy Horse Memorial is one of a kind. So is the motorcycle it inspired.

Builders from Elite Custom Motorcycles presented the Crazy Horse theme
bike to sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski's family and Crazy Horse Memorial
Foundation officials on Aug. 10, 2005.

The ceremonies capped the first Thunder on the Mountain ride, and
officially kicked off raffle ticket sales and the bike's tour to
select shows over the ensuing year.

Elite donated the bike and the Foundation is selling tickets until
noon Aug. 12, 2006, to raise funds for the mountain carving and the
Memorial's many educational and cultural projects.

The bike's winner will be announced at the 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 12,
2006, drawing at Crazy Horse Memorial. (You need not be present to
win.) The winner will be responsible for the registration and
licensing fees, state and federal taxes and transporting the bike
(valued at $26,755) to its new home.

To obtain tickets for the custom Cray Horse bike drawing, contact:
thu...@crazyhorse.org, or use the online form to place your order.

The Crazy Horse custom bike started its national tour in Pittsburgh.
It also appeared at the Las Vegas BikeFest, Sept. 15-18, at Street
Vibrations in Reno, Nev., Sept. 21-25, and took part in the Love Ride
in Los Angeles on Nov. 13. Below are photos of bike details; click for
a larger view. Go here for more about the Crazy Horse bike.
For more on Elite Custom Motorcycles: www.elitecustommc.com

Front fender art: Crazy Horse portrait

Fuel tank, top: Dreamcatcher adorned with feathers

Hand-tooled leather seat features logo for Thunder on the Mountain

Rear fender features painting of Korczak Ziolkowski's Fighting
Stallions sculpture

Front fender: Crazy Horse portrait

Fuel tank, top: Dream catcher adorned with feathers

Seat: Hand-tooled leather featuring project logo

Rear fender: Fighting Stallions painting of sculpture by Korczak
Ziolkowski

Fuel tank's right side features painting of Crazy Horse sculpture with
inscription: "My lands are where my dead lie buried"

Right-side art on custom Crazy Horse motorcycle

Left-side art on custom Crazy Horse motorcycle

Fuel tank's left side features painting of Crazy Horse sculpture with
inscription: "My lands are where my dead lie buried"

Fuel tank, right: Crazy Horse pointing
"My lands are where my dead lie buried."

Right-side art

Fuel tank, left

Left-side art: Crazy Horse pointing
"My lands are where my dead lie buried."

U.S. Army Sgt. Korczak Ziolkowski rode a motorbike during World War II
while serving in France. 1945 U.S. Army Sgt. Korczak Ziolkowski.

Copyright Crazy Horse Memorial Foundation

--
The computer can’t tell you the emotional story. It can give you
the exact mathematical design, but what’s missing is the eyebrows.

Andrew

Jul 13, 2006, 12:33:32 AM7/13/06

I love this place. I have a stone from Crazy Horse Mountain sitting on
my desk right now.

Too bad I'll be dead before it's completed. I'm going to take my son
there when he's old enough to understand.

--
Andrew
00 Daytona

Shrike!

Jul 13, 2006, 9:45:04 PM7/13/06
Andrew said the following:

> I love this place. I have a stone from Crazy Horse Mountain
> sitting on my desk right now.
>
> Too bad I'll be dead before it's completed. I'm going to take
> my son there when he's old enough to understand.

That's about how I learned of it. My dad and I visited it when I
was about nine or ten years old and that was over 40 years ago.

I too doubt that I'll live long enough to see it completed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Horse_Memorial