The damndest thing...

1 view

Some Guy on a Bike

Oct 14, 2000, 11:02:49 PM10/14/00
I pinched off the vent hoses on the carbs on a Monster 750 and rode
it for 10 miles today. It showed no change in behavior from having
the vent hoses unclamped. And yes, I used a surgical hemostat, and
there was no air getting through. Wonder what'll happen when I try
that on other bikes.

"No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle." -Sir Winston
Churchill
Adam Wade "The only way I'll stop riding
CWRA #4 SDWL #2 is if I stop breathing."
CIMC #1 DoD #2009 LOMP #2 1990 Zephyr 550 (Daphne)
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent
those of my employer in any form.

Beth

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Some Guy on a Bike wrote:

> I pinched off the vent hoses on the carbs on a Monster 750 and rode
> it for 10 miles today. It showed no change in behavior from having
> the vent hoses unclamped. And yes, I used a surgical hemostat, and
> there was no air getting through. Wonder what'll happen when I try
> that on other bikes.

oh lord. why don't you guys DROP IT!!!!?!?!?! :)

-Beth

'00 SV650 - "Boo-Boo the Monster Slayer," DoD#4508, ICQ 20902391
http://lonestar.texas.net/~beffie
http://members.tripod.com/~the.original.beffie (mirror site)

George

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
AND Whets the point of this excercise ?

"Some Guy on a Bike" <som...@somewhere.u.cant.reach> wrote in message

jhu...@icx.net

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
som...@somewhere.u.cant.reach (Some Guy on a Bike) said:

>I pinched off the vent hoses on the carbs on a Monster 750 and rode
>it for 10 miles today. It showed no change in behavior from having
>the vent hoses unclamped. And yes, I used a surgical hemostat, and
>there was no air getting through. Wonder what'll happen when I try
>that on other bikes.

Why don't you just tell Ducati how stupid they are for putting vents
in their float bowls? You've already proven that they serve no
purpose whatsoever. I'm sure they'll bow to your superior knowledge.
Maybe there'll even be a reward or something for this valuable
discovery.

Dances with Poultry

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
On Sun, 15 Oct 2000 19:10:32 +0100, Chateau...@btinternet.com (The
Older Gentleman) wrote:

>Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:

>> Some Guy on a Bike wrote:
>> >
>> > I pinched off the vent hoses on the carbs on a Monster 750 and rode
>> > it for 10 miles today. It showed no change in behavior from having
>> > the vent hoses unclamped. And yes, I used a surgical hemostat, and
>> > there was no air getting through. Wonder what'll happen when I try
>> > that on other bikes.
>>

>> oh lord. why don't you guys DROP IT!!!!?!?!?! :)
>>

><fx>
>
>SCREEECH*BANG*CRASH! of Monster being lobbed on a tight bend...
>
></fx>

<Big Giant Monty Python Foot fx>

Thbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbt!

</BGMPF fx>

--
Tänze mit Geflügel
83 R65 - Der Hahn Schlepper

Dances with Poultry

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Older Gentleman) wrote:

>Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:
>
>> Some Guy on a Bike wrote:
>> >

>> > I pinched off the vent hoses on the carbs on a Monster 750 and rode
>> > it for 10 miles today. It showed no change in behavior from having
>> > the vent hoses unclamped. And yes, I used a surgical hemostat, and
>> > there was no air getting through. Wonder what'll happen when I try
>> > that on other bikes.

Beth

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00

heheheheh... you guys are silly. :)

Nicholas Weaver

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Stop that. Stop that. No more sillyness. Stop that.
--
Nicholas C. Weaver nwe...@cs.berkeley.edu

Beth

Oct 15, 2000, 9:23:59 PM10/15/00
Nicholas Weaver wrote:

> Stop that. Stop that. No more sillyness. Stop that.

we shall have no silliness in this group! :)

Dances with Poultry

Oct 15, 2000, 10:06:19 PM10/15/00
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 01:23:59 GMT, Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:

>Nicholas Weaver wrote:
>>
>> Stop that. Stop that. No more sillyness. Stop that.
>
>we shall have no silliness in this group! :)

Shall I leave then?

Beth

Oct 15, 2000, 10:41:16 PM10/15/00
Dances with Poultry wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 01:23:59 GMT, Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:
>
> >Nicholas Weaver wrote:
> >>
> >> Stop that. Stop that. No more sillyness. Stop that.
> >
> >we shall have no silliness in this group! :)
>
> Shall I leave then?

no no no. :) it's keeping me amused.

btw, where ARE you in tx, Herr Taenze mit Gerfluegel?

(don't know how to get the umlaut to work!)

Dances with Poultry

Oct 15, 2000, 11:14:19 PM10/15/00
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 02:41:16 GMT, Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:

>Dances with Poultry wrote:

>> >we shall have no silliness in this group! :)
>>
>> Shall I leave then?
>
>no no no. :) it's keeping me amused.

THen prepare for a barrage of sillinessness.

>btw, where ARE you in tx, Herr Taenze mit Gerfluegel?

I am, as we speak in Washington State. A suburb of Texas.

>(don't know how to get the umlaut to work!)

You can't. Umlauts are a lazy bunch.

DwP, an unapologetic punctuationalist.

Holly Ober

Oct 15, 2000, 9:50:33 PM10/15/00
Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:

: Nicholas Weaver wrote:
:>
:> Stop that. Stop that. No more sillyness. Stop that.

: we shall have no silliness in this group! :)

If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.

Holly
1984 VF500C "Lioness" DoD#2194 http://www.anthro.ucdavis.edu/~hjober/

Dale Peterson

Oct 16, 2000, 1:38:03 AM10/16/00
Would gest listen to this Silly Guy............... Will you be doin'
debactles, I mean debates...........
Dale P..........
96 1200 Voyager

"Holly Ober" <ez05...@sandman.ucdavis.edu> wrote in message

jhu...@icx.net

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Holly Ober <ez05...@sandman.ucdavis.edu> said:

> If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.

I took the initiative and invented silliness. I wrote the book, and
the book is about me.

--
Walter Mitty
Democratic Presidential Candidate

Hoyt McKagen

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Beth wrote:

> Some Guy on a Bike wrote:
> >
> > I pinched off the vent hoses on the carbs on a Monster 750 and rode
> > it for 10 miles today. It showed no change in behavior from having
> > the vent hoses unclamped.

All you've proved here is that you're as dumb as clouds in the sky. You
may have shut off the vents externally, but you didn't shut off the
internal connection. I'd have expected nothing better, though.

> oh lord. why don't you guys DROP IT!!!!?!?!?! :)

He can't, idea of being wrong resonates inside head like tomtom, makes
him stay up late worrying, makes him desparate for someone to notice his
travail and agree. Too bad. He's wrong, vents are necessary and always
will be on any carbie.

Regards,

Hoyt McKagen

Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
Best MC Repair - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
Animals have fleas and ticks but I have minions

Dan Nitschke

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Holly Ober wrote:

> Beth wrote:
>
> : Nicholas Weaver wrote:
> :>
> :> Stop that. Stop that. No more sillyness. Stop that.
>
> : we shall have no silliness in this group! :)
>
> If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.

There vas these two peanuts walking down the strasse.
Und zen one of zem was assaulted... peanut. HA!
--

/* dan: The Anti-Ged, DIAABTCOD #12, UKRMHRC #5, GHPOTHUF (tm) #B */

Dan Nitschke ) peDA...@idiom.com ) (.....)@(......).net
^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)
If you don't believe my words, or think my story's true:
get a bottle of rum and a Eskatrol, and watch the same
thing happen to you! -- Jimmy Buffett, "Fool Button"

DwP

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:58:39 -0700, Dan Nitschke <peda...@idiom.com> wrote:

>Holly Ober wrote:

>> Beth wrote:
>>
>> : Nicholas Weaver wrote:
>> :>
>> :> Stop that. Stop that. No more sillyness. Stop that.
>>
>> : we shall have no silliness in this group! :)
>>
>> If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.
>

>There vas these two peanuts walking down the strasse.
>Und zen one of zem was assaulted... peanut. HA!

You have your work cut out for you Holly.

A. Moore

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Holly Ober wrote:

> Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:
> : Nicholas Weaver wrote:
> :>
> :> Stop that. Stop that. No more sillyness. Stop that.
>
> : we shall have no silliness in this group! :)
>
> If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.

Does that include the subgroups, too?

My we still be silly on ba.motorcycles? Please?

Al Moore
DoD 734

Demetrios

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
On 16 Oct 2000 01:50:33 GMT, Holly Ober <ez05...@sandman.ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

> If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.

If elected president not only will I not lie about receiving fellatio
in the oval office, I'll post downloadable mpegs on whitehouse.gov.

Sincerity! Integrity! Demetrios 2000!

sfs

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
So, what do you get when you cross a crooked politician with a crooked
attorney?

Cheslea!!

sfs

DwP <sa...@anconcclinc.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:58:39 -0700, Dan Nitschke <peda...@idiom.com>
wrote:

> >Holly Ober wrote:
> >>

> >> Beth wrote:
> >>
> >> : Nicholas Weaver wrote:
> >> :>
> >> :> Stop that. Stop that. No more sillyness. Stop that.
> >>
> >> : we shall have no silliness in this group! :)
> >>
> >> If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.

sfs

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
er, uh, that would be Chelsea.

sfs <=== Can kill any punch line.

sfs <sc...@spamsucksscott-schroeder.com> wrote in message

> So, what do you get when you cross a crooked politician with a crooked
> attorney?
>

> Cheslea!!
>
> sfs
>

> DwP <sa...@anconcclinc.com> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:58:39 -0700, Dan Nitschke <peda...@idiom.com>

A. Moore

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Demetrios wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2000 01:50:33 GMT, Holly Ober <ez05...@sandman.ucdavis.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.
>
> If elected president not only will I not lie about receiving fellatio
> in the oval office, I'll post downloadable mpegs on whitehouse.gov.
>
> Sincerity! Integrity! Demetrios 2000!

Yes! All in favor of vulgarity and banality, raise your hands -- yes,
looks like just about everyone here -- I'd say you're a shoe-in, at
least according to my scientific rec.moto poll.

Al Moore
DoD 734

BTW how often will you update them?

AM

Holly Ober

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
: wrote:

:> If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.

: If elected president not only will I not lie about receiving fellatio

: in the oval office, I'll post downloadable mpegs on whitehouse.gov.

: Sincerity! Integrity! Demetrios 2000!

In that case, you'd be a fine VICE president. I nominate you as my
running mate.

Holly

Holly Ober

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
DwP <sa...@anconcclinc.com> wrote:
: On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:58:39 -0700, Dan Nitschke <peda...@idiom.com> wrote:

:>There vas these two peanuts walking down the strasse.

:>Und zen one of zem was assaulted... peanut. HA!

: You have your work cut out for you Holly.

That was very naughty, Dan. tsk tsk.

Unless you're angling for nomination as Minister of Silly Walks. :)

Holly

Dan Nitschke

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Holly Ober wrote:

> DwP wrote:

> : Dan Nitschke wrote:
>
> :>There vas these two peanuts walking down the strasse.
> :>Und zen one of zem was assaulted... peanut. HA!
>
> : You have your work cut out for you Holly.
>
> That was very naughty, Dan. tsk tsk.

I can do naughty. Sometimes.

> Unless you're angling for nomination as Minister of Silly Walks. :)

I can't do a 306(b). I'm not British.
--

/* dan: The Anti-Ged -- Scary Git, IY (tm) #1, YJP #1, LCDB (tm) #1 */

Dan Nitschke -==- peDA...@idiom.com -==- (.....)@(......).net
] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [
And it's three days' ride from Bakersfield, and I don't know why I
came; I guess I came to keep from paying dues. - The Grateful Dead

M. J. Freeman

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00

Holly Ober wrote:

> In that case, you'd be a fine VICE president. I nominate you as my
> running mate.

Does that mean there is a "non-running mate" position available?

MJF
caged

Demetrios

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
On 16 Oct 2000 17:58:39 GMT, Holly Ober <ez05...@sandman.ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

> In that case, you'd be a fine VICE president. I nominate you as my
>running mate.

<drum splash>

Do all your mates run from you?

</drum splash>

Demetrios

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:26:08 -0700, "A. Moore" <alan....@lmco.com>
wrote:

>BTW how often will you update them?

For an extra $20/month you can have a live streaming feed! All profits
will go to the SUV decommission fund.

Holly Ober

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Demetrios <n...@spam.here> wrote:
: On 16 Oct 2000 17:58:39 GMT, Holly Ober <ez05...@sandman.ucdavis.edu>
: wrote:

: <drum splash>

: </drum splash>

Only the ones who can't keep up with me.

<laugh track>

Demetrios

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
On 16 Oct 2000 20:29:29 GMT, Holly Ober <ez05...@logan.ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

> Only the ones who can't keep up with me.
>
> <laugh track>

<comical sitcom entrance>

Hey Jerry can I borrow your 600? My tires are feathered off to
nothing.

csoto

Oct 16, 2000, 9:37:15 PM10/16/00
In article <8sdmt9$b0g$1...@mark.ucdavis.edu>, Holly Ober
<ez05...@sandman.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

By Executive Order or fiat?

Charles

--

Charles Soto - Austin, TX *** 1979 KZ650, 1999 GSF1200S, DoD No. uno
Free Tibet!*

csoto

Oct 16, 2000, 9:41:45 PM10/16/00

>On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 02:41:16 GMT, Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:
>
>>Dances with Poultry wrote:

>>> Shall I leave then?
>>
>>no no no. :) it's keeping me amused.
>
>THen prepare for a barrage of sillinessness.

Isn't carpet bombing civilian targets not allowed by Geneva Convention?

>>btw, where ARE you in tx, Herr Taenze mit Gerfluegel?
>
>I am, as we speak in Washington State. A suburb of Texas.

If it's anything like Houston, you have my sympathy.

>>(don't know how to get the umlaut to work!)
>
>You can't. Umlauts are a lazy bunch.

But at least they're more upbeat than those accent graves! <GONG>

>DwP, an unapologetic punctuationalist.

Too much information. Please keep your fetishes to yourself.

>--
>Tänze mit Geflügel
>83 R65 - Der Hahn Schlepper
>Wir mieten nicht Schweine

Git yer butt down here!

Beth

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Dan Nitschke wrote:

> I can't do a 306(b). I'm not British.

take that US versus Brit-O-Meter test someone posted. you MAY have some
in you. :) i've never seen you on a talk show, discussing marriage
problems. :)

Dennis Hornibrook

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 01:41:45 GMT, csoto <csoto_i...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>In article <3a2b72c8....@news.earthlink.net>, dbr...@onramp.net wrote:

>>>no no no. :) it's keeping me amused.
>>
>>THen prepare for a barrage of sillinessness.
>
>Isn't carpet bombing civilian targets not allowed by Geneva Convention?

Oh right, hide behind a bunch of girlies then whydoncha. GET OUT HERE AND FIGHT
LIKE A CHICKEN!

>>>btw, where ARE you in tx, Herr Taenze mit Gerfluegel?
>>
>>I am, as we speak in Washington State. A suburb of Texas.
>
>If it's anything like Houston, you have my sympathy.

It's nothing like Houston. They have trees and salmon here. I've even spotted
some owls. That was difficult, what with all the flapping and screaching. Then
there were the PETA types complaining and protesting.

>>>(don't know how to get the umlaut to work!)
>>
>>You can't. Umlauts are a lazy bunch.
>
>But at least they're more upbeat than those accent graves! <GONG>

I've decided to donate my semi colon to science. Perhaps they can use it to
find a cure for lazy umlaut disease.

>>DwP, an unapologetic punctuationalist.
>
>Too much information. Please keep your fetishes to yourself.

I am my own fetish.

>Git yer butt down here!

I have to wait 'till they finish arranging the gauntlet of cops they are no
doubt assembling as I write.

I need a Texas inspection sticker for my truck. HALP!

--
Never squat with your spurs on.

Dan Nitschke

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
csoto wrote:

> Holly Ober wrote:
>
> > If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.
>
> By Executive Order or fiat?

Definitely by Executive Order. A Fiat wouldn't stay
running long enough.
--

/* dan: The Anti-Ged, Ignorant Yank (tm) #1, BOF #26, HH #1 */

Dan Nitschke \\ peDA...@idiom.com // (.....)@(......).net
-=-<>-=-<>-=-<>-=-<>-=-<>-=-<>-=-<>-=-<>-=-<>-=-<>-=-<>-=-
Sometimes the light's all shining on me; other times I can
barely see. Lately, it occurs to me: what a long, strange
trip it's been. -- The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'"

Dan Nitschke

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Beth wrote:

> Dan Nitschke wrote:
>
> > I can't do a 306(b). I'm not British.
>
> take that US versus Brit-O-Meter test someone posted. you MAY have some
> in you. :)

That's Mad Cow Disease, or British Spongiform Ensovereignitis.

> i've never seen you on a talk show, discussing marriage
> problems. :)

I discuss those with stuffed cats. I get better answers.
--

/* dan: The Anti-Ged, OB,GYN®, HH #1, LCDB (tm) #1, NGI #0^0 */

Dan Nitschke ** peDA...@idiom.com ** (.)@(.....).net
No zodiacs or almanacs; no maniacs in polyester slacks.
Just the facts. -- Neil Peart

Holly Ober

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Dan Nitschke <peda...@idiom.com> wrote:

: csoto wrote:
:>
:> Holly Ober wrote:
:>
:> > If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.
:>
:> By Executive Order or fiat?

: Definitely by Executive Order. A Fiat wouldn't stay
: running long enough.

Actually, I plan to deliver it by Honda (staying on topic).

Kevin Haryett

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:04:08 GMT, sa...@anconcclinc.com (Dennis
Hornibrook) wrote:

>>>You can't. Umlauts are a lazy bunch.
>>
>>But at least they're more upbeat than those accent graves! <GONG>
>

>I've decided to donate my semi colon to science. Perhaps they can use it to
>find a cure for lazy umlaut disease.

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

That is one of the better play on words I have seen on this group for
a while.

By the way, what are you planning for the other half of that colon?

-Kevin Haryett, Sudbury, ON
'00 V-Star 650 Classic
Remove antispam to email me.

csoto

Oct 17, 2000, 10:08:31 PM10/17/00

>On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 01:41:45 GMT, csoto <csoto_i...@austin.rr.com>
>wrote:
>

>>In article <3a2b72c8....@news.earthlink.net>, dbr...@onramp.net
>>wrote:

>>>THen prepare for a barrage of sillinessness.
>>
>>Isn't carpet bombing civilian targets not allowed by Geneva Convention?
>

>Oh right, hide behind a bunch of girlies then whydoncha. GET OUT HERE AND
>FIGHT LIKE A CHICKEN!

Texas girls are skinny. Can't hide behind 'em as good as the bigguns up in
salmon land. Some of them football playin' kids, on the other hand, are BIG.

>>>I am, as we speak in Washington State. A suburb of Texas.
>>
>>If it's anything like Houston, you have my sympathy.
>

>It's nothing like Houston. They have trees and salmon here. I've even spotted
>some owls. That was difficult, what with all the flapping and screaching.
>Then there were the PETA types complaining and protesting.

People Eating Tasty Animals? Are spots distasteful? Maybe after Labor Day or
something. I dunno.

>>>You can't. Umlauts are a lazy bunch.
>>
>>But at least they're more upbeat than those accent graves! <GONG>
>

>I've decided to donate my semi colon to science. Perhaps they can use it to
>find a cure for lazy umlaut disease.

At least you won't have to deal with a period.

>>>DwP, an unapologetic punctuationalist.
>>
>>Too much information. Please keep your fetishes to yourself.
>

>I am my own fetish.

You are the Michelin Man?

>>Git yer butt down here!
>

>I have to wait 'till they finish arranging the gauntlet of cops they are no
>doubt assembling as I write.

Better start welding on those extra steel plates to the tour bus.

>I need a Texas inspection sticker for my truck. HALP!

Which one? Is Calvin peeing on the Ford or Chevy emblem?

>--
>Never squat with your spurs on.

In Texas, us cowpokes pee standing up.

csoto

Oct 17, 2000, 10:09:54 PM10/17/00

>csoto wrote:
>>
>> Holly Ober wrote:
>>

>> > If elected president, I promise to end all silliness on rec.moto.
>>

>> By Executive Order or fiat?
>

>Definitely by Executive Order. A Fiat wouldn't stay
>running long enough.

Kind of a built-in term limit, then, eh?

I couldn't even FIT inside the average Fiat.

Rick Damiani

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
som...@somewhere.u.cant.reach (Some Guy on a Bike) wrote:

>I pinched off the vent hoses on the carbs on a Monster 750 and rode
>it for 10 miles today. It showed no change in behavior from having
>the vent hoses unclamped. And yes, I used a surgical hemostat, and
>there was no air getting through. Wonder what'll happen when I try
>that on other bikes.

I thought that they didn't have vent hoses.

--
A host is a host from coast to coast ..................... Rick Damiani
and no one will talk to a host that's close .... ri...@nospam.paton.com

Some Guy on a Bike

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:20:01 -0700, Rick Damiani
<ri...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> I pinched off the vent hoses on the carbs on a Monster 750 and rode
>> it for 10 miles today. It showed no change in behavior from having
>> the vent hoses unclamped. And yes, I used a surgical hemostat, and
>> there was no air getting through. Wonder what'll happen when I try
>> that on other bikes.

> I thought that they didn't have vent hoses.

Apparently, they don't. They don't serve that function, as I
demonstrated.
Adam Wade "The only way I'll stop riding
CWRA #4 SDWL #2 is if I stop breathing."
CIMC #1 DoD #2009 LOMP #2 1990 Zephyr 550 (Daphne)
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent
those of my employer in any form.

Dennis Hornibrook

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 02:08:31 GMT, csoto <csoto_i...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>>Never squat with your spurs on.
>
>In Texas, us cowpokes pee standing up.

Okay, then perhaps you prefer this logic.

Never kiss a running horse.

Beth

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Dennis Hornibrook wrote:

> I have to wait 'till they finish arranging the gauntlet of cops they are no
> doubt assembling as I write.

if they're Williamson Country cops, you don't have to worry. = b

> I need a Texas inspection sticker for my truck. HALP!

like that's hard to get: "does it run? does it have at least one mirror
to look behind you? is it only minorly gushing out oil and coolant? does
the license place light work? is there a pistol the glove compartment?
some 'JEEEESUS is GAWD' sentiment expressed in any form? is there either
an A&M or Longhorns sticker affixed in a visible spot? are there at
least 3 empties on the floorboards? if it's a Ford, does it have a
sticker of Calvin pissing on a Chevy or Dodge logo? if it's a Chevy,
does it have sticker of Calvin pissing on a Ford or Dodge logo? if it's
a Dodge...well, you know the rest. does it have a gun rack? does it have
a GWB for Pres ad?"

for downtown Austin: "does it have at least 4 greenpeace stickers
affixed? a rainbow sticker or at least that equal sign saying that you
are OK with GAYS? Gore/Liebermann endorsement? 'my karma just ran over
your dogma', 'blessed be', or a Waterloo Records bumper sticker? at
least 3 roaches in the ashtray and good resin in the cheap mexican pipe
hiding under the seat? a 'keep austin WEIRD' sticker? a least one
Freebird's burrito wrapper on the floorboards?"

i could go on... but, hell, i love this town. :) i really do.

> Never squat with your spurs on.

owwwwww....

Flash - DoD #412

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Dennis Hornibrook wrote:

> I need a Texas inspection sticker for my truck. HALP!

Glad to oblige. Here's one:
http://george-w-dance.homepage.com/nonewtexans.pdf

- Flash
- http://www.deathstar.org/~flash

Rick Damiani

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
som...@somewhere.u.cant.reach (Some Guy on a Bike) wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:20:01 -0700, Rick Damiani
><ri...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>> I pinched off the vent hoses on the carbs on a Monster 750 and rode
>>> it for 10 miles today. It showed no change in behavior from having
>>> the vent hoses unclamped. And yes, I used a surgical hemostat, and
>>> there was no air getting through. Wonder what'll happen when I try
>>> that on other bikes.
>
>> I thought that they didn't have vent hoses.
>
>Apparently, they don't. They don't serve that function, as I
>demonstrated.

So what was it you clamped off with the hemostats?

Some Guy on a Bike

Oct 19, 2000, 12:20:57 AM10/19/00
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:46:01 -0700, Rick Damiani
<ri...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> So what was it you clamped off with the hemostats?

Overflows, TTBOMK. Other people assured me they couldn't be
anything but vents.

Harry K Smith

Oct 19, 2000, 1:48:38 AM10/19/00

: <ri...@earthlink.net> wrote:
:
: > So what was it you clamped off with the hemostats?
:
: Overflows, TTBOMK. Other people assured me they couldn't be
: anything but vents.

So why don't you just solder up the "overflows" on Daphne? After all,
they're nothing but trouble, and the bike should run fine without them.

Harry
'83 Suzuki GR650 Tempter
'91 Suzuki VX800

Some Guy on a Bike

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
On 19 Oct 2000 05:48:38 GMT, hk...@Ra.MsState.Edu (Harry K Smith)
wrote:

> So why don't you just solder up the "overflows" on Daphne?

Because, should I get crud un my petcock and float valves like I did
about 6 months or so ago, I'd like the fuel to come out on the
ground, not inside my cylinder.

> After all,
> they're nothing but trouble,

I disagree.

> and the bike should run fine without them.

There are plenty of things on your bike that have nothing to do with
how well it runs, and I consider them useful and essential. Brakes
and forks come immediately to mind.

DwP

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:28:09 GMT, Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:

>Dennis Hornibrook wrote:
>
>> I have to wait 'till they finish arranging the gauntlet of cops they are no
>> doubt assembling as I write.
>
>if they're Williamson Country cops, you don't have to worry. = b
>

>> I need a Texas inspection sticker for my truck. HALP!
>

>like that's hard to get: "does it run?

Yes, now ask me if it moves.

>does it have at least one mirror
>to look behind you?

I glued a bathroom mirror *with* vanity lights, to my windshield.

>is it only minorly gushing out oil and coolant?

Yes, JB Weld is wonderful stuff.

>does
>the license place light work?

No but I've taped a flashlight to the tailgait.

>is there a pistol the glove compartment?

No, I have a glovebox door but there's no box behind it.

>some 'JEEEESUS is GAWD' sentiment expressed in any form?

Yes, Mine sez: "If going to church makes you a christian, does going to my
garage make me a car?"

>is there either
>an A&M or Longhorns sticker affixed in a visible spot?

I think so, but I'll have to wash the truck to find it.

>are there at
>least 3 empties on the floorboards?

No but the bed is half full of empties. I think that makes me an optimist too.

>if it's a Ford, does it have a
>sticker of Calvin pissing on a Chevy or Dodge logo? if it's a Chevy,
>does it have sticker of Calvin pissing on a Ford or Dodge logo? if it's
>a Dodge...well, you know the rest.

The truck is a Chevy, the bumpers are off a Ford, the Tail gate is off a Gimmy,
and the instrument panel is out of a Dodge. I'm not sure which sticker I should
have.

>does it have a gun rack? does it have
>a GWB for Pres ad?"

I've duck taped a BB gun to my back window.

>for downtown Austin: "does it have at least 4 greenpeace stickers
>affixed?

I have several "North Fork Beer Shrine and Pizza Place, Home of the Deep Fried
Baby Seal Pizza and National Greenpeace Headquarters" stickers on it.

>a rainbow sticker or at least that equal sign saying that you
>are OK with GAYS?

Most of the glass in my truck is cheap and produces a rainbow glare.

>Gore/Liebermann endorsement?

I'll just stay out of Austin :0_

>'my karma just ran over
>your dogma', 'blessed be', or a Waterloo Records bumper sticker? at
>least 3 roaches in the ashtray and good resin in the cheap mexican pipe
>hiding under the seat? a 'keep austin WEIRD' sticker? a least one
>Freebird's burrito wrapper on the floorboards?"

Will a "Ask me about microwaving cats for fun and profit sicker" do?

>i could go on... but, hell, i love this town. :) i really do.

I know watcha mean.

>> Never squat with your spurs on.
>
>owwwwww....

Never lick a speeding train.

DwP

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:35:44 -0600, Flash - DoD #412
<Fl...@REMOVE.deathstar.org> wrote:

>Dennis Hornibrook wrote:
>
>> I need a Texas inspection sticker for my truck. HALP!

Too late, I've already created one.

I think I'll get one of them stickers anywho.

Cam Penner

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
In article <39f21f5e...@news.earthlink.net>, sa...@anconcclinc.com
says...

> >if it's a Ford, does it have a
> >sticker of Calvin pissing on a Chevy or Dodge logo? if it's a Chevy,
> >does it have sticker of Calvin pissing on a Ford or Dodge logo? if it's
> >a Dodge...well, you know the rest.
>
> The truck is a Chevy, the bumpers are off a Ford, the Tail gate is off a Gimmy,
> and the instrument panel is out of a Dodge. I'm not sure which sticker I should
> have.

Calvin pissing on himself.

---
Cam
'89 RZ 350

Flash - DoD #412

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
DwP wrote:

> <Fl...@REMOVE.deathstar.org> wrote:
> >Dennis Hornibrook wrote:
> >> I need a Texas inspection sticker for my truck. HALP!
> >
> >Glad to oblige. Here's one:
> >http://george-w-dance.homepage.com/nonewtexans.pdf
>
> Too late, I've already created one.

Created one what... new Texan or sticker?

- Flash

DwP

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00

A new little Texan, about 6 years ago. Soon to be available at a
professional baseball team near you.

Mark Crowder

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:28:09 GMT, Beth <bef...@texas.net> wrote:
>
> >Dennis Hornibrook wrote:
> >

> The truck is a Chevy, the bumpers are off a Ford, the Tail gate is off a
Gimmy,
> and the instrument panel is out of a Dodge. I'm not sure which sticker I
should
> have.

Just have Elly-Mae drive while Jethro pushes. you won't need a sticker.

-- mark

Dances with Poultry

Oct 19, 2000, 8:41:05 PM10/19/00

With friends like Mark, I don't need enemas[tm].