The 'Real' Biker

Tim Kreitz

Aug 7, 2006, 5:09:58 PM8/7/06
This is the time of year when motorcyclists the world over are puffing
out their chests the hardest. Somewhere amongst the fresh crop of noobs
on the street, the older veteran riders who buy new bikes every spring,
the plethora of different riding styles, bike types, and manifest biker
philosophies -- inevitable big egos and so-called 'biker pride'
mentalities begin to fester and divide us to one degree or another. The
opinions are always the same tired assertions from one type of
motorcyclist to another: "I'm a real biker and you're not, because I do
'A' with my motorcycle while you only do 'B' with yours." It's a bunch
of fucking nonsense, but it never fails to divide us against ourselves
-- a dire product of motorcycists' collective ego in a day and age when
we should be sticking together tighter than ever.

So, in the spirit of promoting solidarity amongst motorcyclists in a
world that grows increasingly more hostile toward us every day, I offer
my personal definitions of what constitutes a real biker:

1. A real biker spends his time learning -- both from his own mistakes,
as well as from the constantly changing dynamics of the environment he
traverses through. He also takes classes, keeps his skills sharp, and
studies the physical processes by which he rides, and by which his
machine operates.

2. A real biker stands up for his rights and the rights of other
riders. He recognizes that motorcyclists have a right to be covered by
their own health insurance policies in the event of a crash. He
acknowledges that car drivers who negligently kill motorcyclists
deserve harsh punishments, not 100-dollar fines. He calls his elected
representatives and informs them when a right is being threatened. He
makes others aware of his place in both traffic and within the American
culture in a constructive, informative way at any opportunity given
him.

3. A real biker judges his peers by <I>how</I> they ride, not by
<I>what</I> they ride.

4. A real biker somehow finds a way to enjoy every ride, even a bad
one.

5. A real biker accepts the responsibility he has to his friends and
family to wear proper safety gear, and does so gladly every time he
rides.

6. A real biker encourages others to become motorcyclists.

7. A real biker takes care of his bike and keeps it in perfect working
order, be it 2 weeks old or 60 years old.

8. A real biker stays within his limits, but always seeks to safely
expand them.

9. A real biker stops when another biker needs assistance.

10. A real biker not only accepts the risks, he successfully manages
them.

Stay safe and have fun.

Best wishes,

Tim Kreitz
2003 ZX7R
2000 ZX6R
http://www.timkreitz.com
http://www.myspace.com/timkreitz
http://superbikeblog.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/dingosanctuary

Message has been deleted

pieface

Aug 7, 2006, 5:25:11 PM8/7/06
This would also be good pratice for everyday life.

Tim Kreitz

Aug 7, 2006, 5:26:29 PM8/7/06
Venture Rider wrote:
> All of which is your opinion, of course.

" ... I offer my personal definitions of what constitutes ... "

Yep, it seems you read it right. Nice job. You get a sticker.

Tim Kreitz

Aug 7, 2006, 5:28:35 PM8/7/06
pieface wrote:
> This would also be good pratice for everyday life.

I think so, too. Motorcycling, at it's core, can oft-times be a
metaphore for life in general.

Sean

Aug 7, 2006, 5:47:59 PM8/7/06
Tim Kreitz wrote:

> This is the time of year when motorcyclists the world over are puffing
> out their chests the hardest.

I think you forgot that it's winter in Tasmania and Patagonia.

Sean_Q_

Bob Myers

Aug 7, 2006, 6:15:33 PM8/7/06

"Venture Rider" <dontb...@bogus.dom> wrote in message
> On 7 Aug 2006 14:09:58 -0700, Tim Kreitz said:
>
> <SNIP>

> All of which is your opinion, of course.

Yeah, it was his opinion, but I didn't see a whole lot there
I could argue with - well, maybe I would like to use
"motorcyclist" rather than "biker," but that's picking
nits. What was it that bugged YOU about it?

Bob M.

Message has been deleted

Tim Kreitz

Aug 7, 2006, 6:40:22 PM8/7/06
Venture Rider wrote:
> He starts off by calling the whole "I'm a real biker and you're not"
> attitude "fucking nonsense" (which it is), then promptly proceeds to
> tell us how *he* believes a real biker should behave.

This gist of which being that I concentrated on what I believe to be
largely positive traits that are inclusive to all riders. Riding in the
rain and clocking 10,000-plus miles per year are great and all, but I'm
not of the opinion that they are traits of superiority. They can be
more likened to acts of necessity in many cases -- as we both seem to
agree. Simple feats of strength do not a biker make -- unless performed
on Festivus, I suppose. ;)

Only on Reeky can you post a constructive article and have someone
immediately attack it out of spite and pack mentality. Heh. I love this
place.

Steady on, denizens. :-]

Message has been deleted

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 7, 2006, 6:55:27 PM8/7/06

Tim Kreitz wrote:

(SnipList tm)

I agree that a lot of the things on your list would make a motorcyclist
that I'm likely to get along with and have a lot in common with, but
I'm not sure that that particular set of traits would match up
seamlessly with other biker's ideas of what constitutes a "real biker."

For instance, some would say that a real biker is someone who has
learned how to ride through the school of hard knocks, long experience,
and maybe even some unfortunate crashes over the years.

Others might say that a real biker is the guy who can really hold his
liquor.

Others might point out that they think a real biker is the guy who can
fix his own bike, change his own tires, set his points gap and adjust
the mixture on a carb.

Some would say a real biker is the guy who doesn't NEED all that safety
gear crap, because he's been riding for 30 or 40 years and is still
alive and quite well without it, thank you very much.

But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.

Alan B

Aug 7, 2006, 8:42:57 PM8/7/06
On 7 Aug 2006 14:26:29 -0700, in message
<1154985989....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, "Tim Kreitz"
<timk...@yahoo.com> scribed:

>Venture Rider wrote:
>> All of which is your opinion, of course.
>
>" ... I offer my personal definitions of what constitutes ... "
>
>Yep, it seems you read it right. Nice job. You get a sticker.

What, no gold star for his forehead? Or am I showing my age?

Don Fearn

Aug 7, 2006, 10:15:11 PM8/7/06
Because "tomo...@erols.com" <tomo...@erols.com> could, he/she/it
opin'd:

>But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
>question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
>nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
>real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
>plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.

Bah.

The True Test of a Real Biker is that he's the last rider riding to
work in the fall and the first rider riding to work in the spring.

All else is nonsense.

pooder was here knowing better but unable to resist
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman

Message has been deleted

Robert Bolton

Aug 7, 2006, 11:23:42 PM8/7/06

"Alan B" <nann...@nothotmailbutyahoo.com> wrote in message
Posers get the gold star, bikers get the sticker. It's much simpler that way.

Robert

sqidbait

Aug 7, 2006, 11:33:37 PM8/7/06
Don Fearn wrote:
> Because "tomo...@erols.com" <tomo...@erols.com> could, he/she/it
> opin'd:
>

> >But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
> >question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
> >nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
> >real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
> >plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.
>
> Bah.
>
> The True Test of a Real Biker is that he's the last rider riding to
> work in the fall and the first rider riding to work in the spring.

What!?!? You don't ride year round?

-- Michael

Message has been deleted

Road Glidin' Don

Aug 8, 2006, 12:28:37 AM8/8/06
On 7 Aug 2006 15:48:44 -0700, "Beckyboo" <Becky...@aol.com> wrote:

>Discussion is good for the soul and mind. And,
>having everyone agree with you is boring.

Is not!

--

Home page: http://xidos.ca/scripts/personal/

Road Glidin' Don

Aug 8, 2006, 12:29:27 AM8/8/06
On 7 Aug 2006 15:40:22 -0700, "Tim Kreitz" <timk...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Only on Reeky can you post a constructive article and have someone
>immediately attack it out of spite and pack mentality.

That 'cause Reeky attracts dweebs like flies.

Road Glidin' Don

Aug 8, 2006, 12:32:44 AM8/8/06
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:15:11 -0500, Don Fearn <poo...@charter.net>
wrote:

>Because "tomo...@erols.com" <tomo...@erols.com> could, he/she/it
>opin'd:
>
>>But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
>>question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
>>nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
>>real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
>>plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.
>
>Bah.
>
>The True Test of a Real Biker is that he's the last rider riding to
>work in the fall and the first rider riding to work in the spring.
>
>All else is nonsense.

Ahem. I generally park for free the first month in the riding season
and the last as well. No other bikes, so it's not worth them keeping
the attendent on staff to put the tag on just my bike!

yourno...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2006, 1:02:13 AM8/8/06
How 'bout we just say bikers are anybody who's owned a motorcycle. If
you don't have a bike right now, you're just between rides no matter
how long it takes you to get the next ride.

yourno...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2006, 1:05:36 AM8/8/06

Road Glidin' Don wrote:
> On 7 Aug 2006 15:48:44 -0700, "Beckyboo" <Becky...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >Discussion is good for the soul and mind. And,
> >having everyone agree with you is boring.
>
> Is not!

Is too. :')

yourno...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2006, 1:11:57 AM8/8/06

Road Glidin' Don wrote:

> Ahem. I generally park for free the first month in the riding season
> and the last as well. No other bikes, so it's not worth them keeping
> the attendent on staff to put the tag on just my bike!

Where I work I always park for free, but about two years ago they put
in special "motorcycle parking" areas. They are closer to the
buildings than even the handicapped parking. If you don't get to work
by about 6:30 a.m. you have a hell of a hike, unless you take the bike
to work. To bad I only get to ride to work about 30% of the time.

LittleJohn

Aug 8, 2006, 1:25:51 AM8/8/06
Don Fearn wrote:

> Bah.
>
> The True Test of a Real Biker is that he's the last rider riding to work
> in the fall and the first rider riding to work in the spring.
>
> All else is nonsense.

Bah.

The True Test of a Real Biker is that he (she) rides year round and never
goes to work.

All else is nonsense.

--
LittleJohn
Madison, AL

Robert Bolton

Aug 8, 2006, 1:47:01 AM8/8/06

"Tim Kreitz" <timk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Venture Rider wrote:
>> He starts off by calling the whole "I'm a real biker and you're not"
>> attitude "fucking nonsense" (which it is), then promptly proceeds to
>> tell us how *he* believes a real biker should behave.
>
> This gist of which being that I concentrated on what I believe to be
> largely positive traits that are inclusive to all riders. Riding in the
> rain and clocking 10,000-plus miles per year are great and all, but I'm
> not of the opinion that they are traits of superiority. They can be
> more likened to acts of necessity in many cases -- as we both seem to
> agree. Simple feats of strength do not a biker make -- unless performed
> on Festivus, I suppose. ;)

Stereotypes I can think of -

1) The 1%er, non-conformist, anti-goody two shoes, cigarette smokin, beer
drinkin, grease under the nails guy that Mom and Dad did not want you to become.

2) The dirt bike rider, who rides for the same reason people snow machine or
water ski, or skateboard, but drives a cage when not on the dirt.

3) The economist, who buys a cheap, used, small bike, doesn't have a cage, and
saves on gas and insurance.

4) The weekend rider, who rides out of town on the weekend for fun, but commutes
in the cage.

5) The poser, who only rides to the bar to meet the fellow posers, who has a
picture at work of the one time they all actually road to a bar that was 40
miles outside of town.

6) The iron butters, who ride a million miles a year, ride every chance they
get, eat, sleep, and breath riding, and are divorced, separated, or are on the
road to being (with exceptions, of course).

7) The very married, who commute daily but don't really have the time,
inclination, and/or permission to do any touring.

8) The squids.

9) The track people, who are a lot like the dirt bikers but get their kicks on
the track.

10) The community council, who not only ride motorcycles, but also participate
in motorcycle related functions.

11) The motorcycle rider who enjoys it.

12) The motorcycle rider who doesn't enjoy it.

13) Girls riding sport bikes as pillion in a thong (honorable mention).

And the winner if the 39th annual Who's a Biker goes to........

(opens Envelope)

NUMBER ONE!!!!

Because a Biker is Bad. All others, including the pillions of perpetual
pleasure, are Motorcyclists.

My intent is to say (and agree with you I think) that while many people have
many different reasons why they ride and many different styles of riding, they
are all riders. If a person is looking for a symbol to represent all that is
noble in the realm of motorcycling, a role model, I'd say yours does nicely,
Tim.

Robert

Turby

Aug 8, 2006, 4:18:08 AM8/8/06
wrote:

>Only on Reeky can you post a constructive article and have someone

>immediately attack it out of spite and pack mentality. Heh. I love this
>place.

unh, seen all the xposts from soc.men and tx.guns lately?

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

Turby

Aug 8, 2006, 4:23:33 AM8/8/06
wrote:

>The True Test of a Real Biker is that he's the last rider riding to

>work in the fall and the first rider riding to work in the spring.

umm, for those of us who don't have seasons, what day is that?

(For the record, there is _no_ way I'm going to be the first rider to
work on _any_ day.)

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

High Plains Thumper

Aug 8, 2006, 4:44:51 AM8/8/06
"Robert Bolton" wrote:
> "Tim Kreitz" wrote...
>> Venture Rider wrote:
>>
>>> He starts off by calling the whole "I'm a real biker and
>>> you're not" attitude "fucking nonsense" (which it is),
>>> then promptly proceeds to tell us how *he* believes a
>>> real biker should behave.
>>
>> This gist of which being that I concentrated on what I
>> believe to be largely positive traits that are inclusive
>> to all riders. Riding in the rain and clocking 10,000-plus
>> miles per year are great and all, but I'm not of the
>> opinion that they are traits of superiority. They can be
>> more likened to acts of necessity in many cases -- as we
>> both seem to agree. Simple feats of strength do not a
>> biker make -- unless performed on Festivus, I suppose. ;)
>
> Stereotypes I can think of -

> 7) The very married, who commute daily but don't really

> have the time, inclination, and/or permission to do any
> touring.

That's me (most of the time).

> 11) The motorcycle rider who enjoys it.

That's me.

> 13) Girls riding sport bikes as pillion in a thong
> (honorable mention).

(howinell do I get my wife to wear one of those? howinell do
I get someone who is not my wife to wear one of those?)

--
HPT

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 8, 2006, 7:24:20 AM8/8/06

Don Fearn wrote:
> Because "tomo...@erols.com" <tomo...@erols.com> could, he/she/it
> opin'd:
>

> >But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
> >question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
> >nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
> >real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
> >plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.
>
> Bah.
>
> The True Test of a Real Biker is that he's the last rider riding to
> work in the fall and the first rider riding to work in the spring.
>
> All else is nonsense.

Nonsense. There's an idiot at my office who rides all year round.

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 8, 2006, 7:27:04 AM8/8/06

But, but, but.... that's so non-judgemental and non-holier-than thou.
Besides, if we accept people like *that*, to whom will we feel superior?

king...@hotmail.com

Aug 8, 2006, 9:22:55 AM8/8/06

tomo...@erols.com wrote:
> Others might point out that they think a real biker is the guy who can
> fix his own bike, change his own tires, set his points gap and adjust
> the mixture on a carb.

Points? Mixture? Carb? What are these things you speak of??

yourno...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2006, 9:35:17 AM8/8/06

The permanent cagers! :)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Bob Myers

Aug 8, 2006, 1:32:27 PM8/8/06

<tomo...@erols.com> wrote in message

>> The True Test of a Real Biker is that he's the last rider riding to
>> work in the fall and the first rider riding to work in the spring.
>>
>> All else is nonsense.
>
> Nonsense. There's an idiot at my office who rides all year round.

I see absolutely no evidence to suggest that
"idiots" and "real bikers" are mutually exclusive
groups...;-)

Bob M.

finding z0

Aug 8, 2006, 1:41:31 PM8/8/06

Tim Kreitz wrote:
> This is the time of year when motorcyclists the world over are puffing
> out their chests the hardest.....snippidy dooo...

Noobie takes on realbiker.
A real biker doesn't have a bike, just a screensaver of a bike on his
home and work computer. A real biker rode w/o a helmet back when it
didn't hurt falling off a bike (60's-70's) and had hair that blew in
the wind. A real biker got back into it many years later (1981-1982)
and realized it was stupid not to wear a helmet, but it wasn't any fun
with one on so he sold that bike back then. A real biker has a
screensaver for a bike and memories of how good it felt when he was
young and stupid..

p.s. a real biker is looking for a primo sx650 yamaha twin 1979-1983,
but he's also a real piker so he doesn't wanna pay much for it. Hell,
he may just park it in his yard and look at it..or the fantasy may just
pass away..

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 8, 2006, 2:34:21 PM8/8/06

Whew. (Looks around furtively, breathes sigh of relief.) Had me
worried for a split second, there.

Cam Penner

Aug 8, 2006, 2:51:40 PM8/8/06
In article <1155062061.074261.309110
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, tomo...@erols.com says...

Yup. All us snow riders can still be considered real!
Anyone have any leads on studs for a BT-020?
--
Cam
'00 Sprint RS

Andrew

Aug 8, 2006, 3:39:14 PM8/8/06
tomo...@erols.com wrote:

> But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
> question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
> nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
> real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
> plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.

So the AMA guys who don't ride anywhere but the track and have never
done 420 mile days aren't "real bikers."

Last year Jake Zemke told me he hadn't ridden on the street in over 10
years.

I've done 700+ mile days. I don' think that qualifies me as a "real
biker," though.

I don't even know if I am a biker anymore.
I ride the Speed Triple when I get a hankering which isn't too often
with the baby around. I get to maybe 1/2 dozen trackdays a year.

I haven't done more than 500 miles in one ride in more than a year.

I think I've got maybe 2K miles on my Speed Triple since Jan, and maybe
200 miles on the Daytona (track miles) so far this year.

--
Andrew
00 Daytona

Andrew

Aug 8, 2006, 3:53:01 PM8/8/06

I had problems finding the studs in the walls of our new house.
I got out the studfinder and all it did was point at me!

Turby

Aug 8, 2006, 4:09:37 PM8/8/06
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 12:39:14 -0700, Andrew
<yogig.nspamm.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote:

>So the AMA guys who don't ride anywhere but the track and have never
>done 420 mile days aren't "real bikers."
>
>Last year Jake Zemke told me he hadn't ridden on the street in over 10
>years.

I just don't understand that. Sure, street riding is different from
the track, but the street isn't _that_ dangerous. I enjoy getting on
my bike every day. I'd think someone so good at it would enjoy it even
if the competition wasn't there. Are there race car drivers who don't
drive on the street?

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

Andrew

Aug 8, 2006, 4:38:41 PM8/8/06

The reason he gave was riding without trying to push the envelope isn't
fun for him.

Stupendous Man

Aug 8, 2006, 4:54:43 PM8/8/06

Andrew

Aug 8, 2006, 5:09:46 PM8/8/06
Road Glidin' Don wrote:
> On 7 Aug 2006 15:48:44 -0700, "Beckyboo" <Becky...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Discussion is good for the soul and mind. And,
>> having everyone agree with you is boring.
>
> Is not!

Always the contrarian!

Cam Penner

Aug 8, 2006, 5:29:46 PM8/8/06
In article <4jscscF...@individual.net>,
yogig.nspamm.no.spam.@hotmail.com says...

> Road Glidin' Don wrote:
> > On 7 Aug 2006 15:48:44 -0700, "Beckyboo" <Becky...@aol.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Discussion is good for the soul and mind. And,
> >> having everyone agree with you is boring.
> >
> > Is not!
> >

> Always the contrarian!

I agree!

Atticus Finch

Aug 8, 2006, 5:48:38 PM8/8/06
On 8/7/2006 10:15 PM Don Fearn mumbled something about the following:

> Because "tomo...@erols.com" <tomo...@erols.com> could, he/she/it
> opin'd:
>

>> But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
>> question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
>> nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
>> real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
>> plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.
>
> Bah.
>
> The True Test of a Real Biker is that he's the last rider riding to
> work in the fall and the first rider riding to work in the spring.
>
> All else is nonsense.

Guess that would be me then. I ride year round, even in below freezing
weather (lowest temp I've ridden in is 17F), and not just to commute,
but to get out and do some canyon carving when there is no one else on
the road :)

Atticus Finch

Aug 8, 2006, 5:50:00 PM8/8/06
On 8/8/2006 7:24 AM tomo...@erols.com mumbled something about the
following:

I'm not that idiot, I'm 500 miles away, but I ride all year round.

Atticus Finch

Aug 8, 2006, 5:51:45 PM8/8/06
On 8/8/2006 1:02 AM yourno...@gmail.com mumbled something about the
following:

> How 'bout we just say bikers are anybody who's owned a motorcycle. If
> you don't have a bike right now, you're just between rides no matter
> how long it takes you to get the next ride.

Ahh, someone who really gets it.

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 8, 2006, 6:45:49 PM8/8/06

Andrew wrote:
> tomo...@erols.com wrote:
>

> > But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
> > question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
> > nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
> > real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
> > plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.
> >

> So the AMA guys who don't ride anywhere but the track and have never
> done 420 mile days aren't "real bikers."

According to the definition given here in reeky by mike/dave t., that
is correct.

Message has been deleted

RL

Aug 8, 2006, 8:06:22 PM8/8/06
"Robert Bolton" <robertbo...@gci.net> wrote in message

> Stereotypes I can think of -
>
> 10) The community council, who not only ride motorcycles, but also
participate
> in motorcycle related functions.

I never thought of it like that before. Does that make me a "the", or the
"CC"? ;)

Btw, I ride year 'round. My motorcycle is my main transportation. I only
take the truck if I just have to. I wear black leathers and I always wear
my helmet. I belong to a club made up mostly of motorcycle riders. Does
that make me a biker or a rider?

Who really cares?

--
Sunny Williams
sunny will at tx vets period org

~Teddy Roosevelt

RL

Aug 8, 2006, 8:10:22 PM8/8/06
> On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 00:25:51 -0500, LittleJohn said:
>
> >The True Test of a Real Biker is that he (she) rides year round and never
> >goes to work.
> >
> >All else is nonsense.
>
> That's the True Test of a Real Rich Biker.

Or one like me, who's broke but still happy to be riding.
In fact...
I'm selling one of the bikes. Anyone looking for a V-Star 650?
If interested in the particulars, email me at the addy below.

--
Sunny Williams
sunny will at tx vets dot org

Bobbie

Aug 8, 2006, 8:21:17 PM8/8/06

Well, I've still got those BT-020's from the dead Sprint. I'm sure that
you could drill some 3/4" holes through the carcass and then put in some
3/4" X 2 1/2" stainless steel bolts. Once you got all of the bolts
installed then all you'd have to do in grind the tips of the bolts into
spikes and you'd be set.

--
Bobbie the Triple Killer
http://members.shaw.ca/bobbie4/index.htm

email Bobbie @ bobbie4R...@shaw.ca
remember to 'remove this'

Bobbie recently switched to Ubuntu 6.
Why? Cause he can, that's why.

Henry

Aug 8, 2006, 8:51:51 PM8/8/06
tomo...@erols.com wrote:

> But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
> question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
> nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
> real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
> plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.

Is there a reason you picked the number 420?

--

http://911research.wtc7.net
http://www.st911.org

Here's what happens to steel framed buildings exposed
to raging infernos for hours on end.

http://davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr69c.html

On 9-11-01, WTC7, a 47 story steel framed building, which
had only small, random fires, dropped in perfect symmetry
at near free fall speed as in a perfectly executed controlled
demolition.

http://911research.wtc7.net/talks/wtc/videos.html
http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html
http://wtc7.net/articles/FEMA/WTC_ch5.htm

Ever wonder who benefits from the 300 MILLION
U.S. taxpayer dollars spent each DAY in Iraq?
http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?list=type&type=21

"They are waging a campaign of murder and destruction. And
there is no limit to the innocent lives they are willing to
take... men with blind hatred and armed with lethal weapons
who are capable of any atrocity... they respect no laws of
warfare or morality."
-bu$h describing his own illegal invasion of Iraq.
http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

Henry

Aug 8, 2006, 8:52:30 PM8/8/06
Tim Kreitz wrote:

> So, in the spirit of promoting solidarity amongst motorcyclists in a
> world that grows increasingly more hostile toward us every day, I offer
> my personal definitions of what constitutes a real biker:

Just to be clear, =you= are a Real Biker, right?

--

http://911research.wtc7.net
http://www.st911.org

Here's what happens to steel framed buildings exposed
to raging infernos for hours on end.

http://davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr69c.html

On 9-11-01, WTC7, a 47 story steel framed building, which
had only small, random fires, dropped in perfect symmetry
at near free fall speed as in a perfectly executed controlled
demolition.

"You're doin' a heckuva job, Brownie!" - bu$h, a few days
before his FEMA chief, Micheal Brown was forced to resign
because of his gross incompetence.

"The tools that enable Cuba to save lives and preserve
human dignity during hurricanes are socialist values
and organization." - Dr. W.T. Whitney Jr

Ever wonder who benefits from the 300 MILLION
U.S. taxpayer dollars spent each DAY in Iraq?
http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?list=type&type=21

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close
friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...

Stupendous Man

Aug 8, 2006, 8:54:59 PM8/8/06
>> > have never
>> > done 420 mile days aren't "real bikers."
>>
>> According to the definition given here in reeky by mike/dave t., that
>> is correct.

I prefer the term "Motorcycle Enthusiast". I certainly don't want to get
pigeonholed into the same group as "the sheriff" .

BrianNZ

Aug 8, 2006, 8:59:54 PM8/8/06
1. Enjoys riding/maintaining motorcycles.

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 8, 2006, 9:44:10 PM8/8/06

Henry wrote:
> tomo...@erols.com wrote:
>
> > But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
> > question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
> > nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
> > real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
> > plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.
>
> Is there a reason you picked the number 420?

I didn't pick it. It was quoted as an example of someone who was
attempting to define a "real biker."

Message has been deleted

Bob Mann

Aug 8, 2006, 11:12:30 PM8/8/06
On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 06:16:54 -0400, Venture Rider
<dontb...@bogus.dom> wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 00:25:51 -0500, LittleJohn said:
>
>>The True Test of a Real Biker is that he (she) rides year round and never
>>goes to work.
>>
>>All else is nonsense.
>

>That's the True Test of a Real Rich Biker.

Or a real retired biker who lives far enough south that there isn't
2" of hard pack ice on the roads for 3-6 months a year.
--
Bob Mann
85 K100RS (traded for...)

Atticus Finch

Aug 8, 2006, 11:38:38 PM8/8/06
On 8/8/2006 8:51 PM Henry mumbled something about the following:

> tomo...@erols.com wrote:
>
>> But, the biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to
>> question if you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet
>> nerd wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
>> real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
>> plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.
>
> Is there a reason you picked the number 420?

The 420 number was the exact number of miles Mike/Dave/whatever the fuck
his name is quoted as being the number of miles a person needs to ride
in a day to be a REAL biker.

Robert Bolton

Aug 9, 2006, 12:49:55 AM8/9/06

"High Plains Thumper" <h...@singlecylinderbikes.com> wrote in message
> "Robert Bolton" wrote:

>>> This gist of which being that I concentrated on what I
>>> believe to be largely positive traits that are inclusive
>>> to all riders. Riding in the rain and clocking 10,000-plus
>>> miles per year are great and all, but I'm not of the
>>> opinion that they are traits of superiority. They can be
>>> more likened to acts of necessity in many cases -- as we
>>> both seem to agree. Simple feats of strength do not a
>>> biker make -- unless performed on Festivus, I suppose. ;)

>> Stereotypes I can think of -
>
>> 7) The very married, who commute daily but don't really
>> have the time, inclination, and/or permission to do any
>> touring.
>
> That's me (most of the time).
>
>> 11) The motorcycle rider who enjoys it.
>
> That's me.
>
>> 13) Girls riding sport bikes as pillion in a thong
>> (honorable mention).
>
> (howinell do I get my wife to wear one of those? howinell do
> I get someone who is not my wife to wear one of those?)

I've never seen any up here, that's for sure, but I did stumble onto a site
covering a bike week back East. There was more than one pic of a thonged
pillion, so I know it happens.

I'm the daily commuter myself. I knew when I got back into riding that I
wouldn't be able to do much touring in part because our 6 month winter means
summer is the time for outside chores, fishing, etc. Sure enough that's the way
I am living too. I ride to work nearly everyday though throughout the summer,
exceptions being the fortunately rare day when I need a cage or there's rain in
the morning. Regardless of how the clouds look, I'll ride if it's not raining
in the morning as afternoons are usually better. I rode to work in a light rain
a few times this summer though, thanks to the Concours' fairing.

Robert

Robert Bolton

Aug 9, 2006, 12:55:38 AM8/9/06

> On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:23:42 -0800, Robert Bolton said:
>

>>"Alan B" <nann...@nothotmailbutyahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> On 7 Aug 2006 14:26:29 -0700, in message
>>> <1154985989....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, "Tim Kreitz"
>>> <timk...@yahoo.com> scribed:

>>> What, no gold star for his forehead? Or am I showing my age?
>>>
>>Posers get the gold star, bikers get the sticker. It's much simpler that way.
>>
>>Robert
>>
> Real bikers get the sticker?

Oh...
Let's say real bikers get to sticker.

Robert

Robert Bolton

Aug 9, 2006, 1:40:56 AM8/9/06

"RL" <rogue_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Robert Bolton" <robertbo...@gci.net> wrote in message
>>

>> Stereotypes I can think of -
>>
>> 10) The community council, who not only ride motorcycles, but also
> participate
>> in motorcycle related functions.
>>

> I never thought of it like that before. Does that make me a "the", or the
> "CC"? ;)
>
> Btw, I ride year 'round. My motorcycle is my main transportation. I only
> take the truck if I just have to. I wear black leathers and I always wear
> my helmet. I belong to a club made up mostly of motorcycle riders. Does
> that make me a biker or a rider?

To be honest, I always associate a biker with a Hell's Angel or Banditos type of
gang Sunny, so I'd call everyone in here a rider.

> Who really cares?

Seems to be a guy thing, doesn't it? Just another way to claim superiority.

Robert

LittleJohn

Aug 9, 2006, 2:54:39 AM8/9/06
Bob wrote:

>>That I wrote:
>>
>>>The True Test of a Real Biker is that he (she) rides year round and never
>>>goes to work.
>>>
>>>All else is nonsense.
>>
>>That's the True Test of a Real Rich Biker.
>
> Or a real retired biker who lives far enough south that there isn't
> 2" of hard pack ice on the roads for 3-6 months a year.

Hear, hear... I love the south... But not too far south. Just far enough
south to be warm, but not so far as to have the deal with the hurricanes
or the gaters.

--
LittleJohn
Madison, AL

Tim Kreitz

Aug 9, 2006, 11:04:30 AM8/9/06
Henry wrote:
> Just to be clear, =you= are a Real Biker, right?

I never made that assertion, Henry. Although I suppose an implication
of such could be incorrectly read into it, if analyzing the article
from an extreme viewpoint. Fact is, some of the traits I listed can be
difficult to consistently exhibit, and I too, fail at times. I don't
always contact my elected officials like I should, for one example. But
I'm all about doing better today than I did yesterday -- far from
perfect, but working toward improvement.

Lighten up, bruh. When one considers anything less than perfection to
be failure, the world quickly becomes a dire, hopeless place -- which
is exactly how you always seem to express your impressions of it here
on Reeky.

Best wishes,

Tim Kreitz
2003 ZX7R
2000 ZX6R
http://www.timkreitz.com
http://www.myspace.com/timkreitz
http://superbikeblog.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/dingosanctuary

iga...@optonline.net

Aug 9, 2006, 12:50:33 PM8/9/06
> The 420 number was the exact number of miles Mike/Dave/whatever the fuck
> his name is quoted as being the number of miles a person needs to ride
> in a day to be a REAL biker.

> The 420 number was the exact number of miles Mike/Dave/whatever the fuck
> his name is quoted as being the number of miles a person needs to ride
> in a day to be a REAL biker.

Awesome. So If I ride 421 miles in one day, I will officially be The
Superior Real Biker. I will send you guys proof of mileage and you send
me a trophy (it's ok if has a golden statue of a bowler on top), a
patch and a sticker for my bike.

I like the classifications posted by RB: I'm definately #7 (Very
married, only commute to work) My bike has absolutely no storage
solutions, also bone stock as was my previous bike.

CaptnDan

Aug 9, 2006, 3:40:18 PM8/9/06
iga...@optonline.net wrote:
> I like the classifications posted by RB: I'm definately #7 (Very
> married, only commute to work) My bike has absolutely no storage
> solutions, also bone stock as was my previous bike.

Same here on the commuting, even though I have a company vehicle that I
am allowed, and expected to drive home at night. Especially the weeks
when I am on call. But, trying to be a ~Real Biker~, I figure if I get
called out in the middle of the night, I'll hop on the bike and ride to
the van.

I've read with great interest, the items discussed here regarding being
a ~Real Biker~. I have absorbed as much as possible, and I have tried
to not violate any of the inviolable rules of ~Real Bikerdom~.

I also noted the following in another thread:

Someone ask Dave???
~~Tell me, Dave, what's a real biker? I aspire to be one some day.
Teach
me, oh great one.~~~~

n...@nohow.not (Mike T)
answers:
''Simple, really. Just follow two simple rules, and you'll be fine:

1) Every day is ride to work day
2) You don't put a transportation appliance on another transportation
appliance, unless one of them is non-functional at the time.''

b...@webtv.net

I am in compliance with rule #1 - no problem there. I/We even ride for
the errands we run after work, nad to dinner, etc., though my wife will
not leave the house in the rain. She'll ride home in it if need be.
There is much complaining to be done when we get home though. (What a
wimp, eh?)

I did have an issue with rule #2 though...

My wife and I were out for our weekend ride Sunday afternoon. Keeping
the above post in mind, I steadfastly refused to put my bike on another
"transportation device", because my bike wasn't broken down. My wife,
who has no real aspirations of becoming a ~Real Biker~ had no problems.
But for me, it wasn't a pretty sight. I damned near drowned trying to
cross that river.

Is there a special bylaw that allows the use of ferry boats when there
is no bridge or tunnel available? Or am I just doomed to never be among
the ranks of ~Real Bikers~?

Dan < (with toungue in cheek)

Mike T.

Aug 9, 2006, 3:46:07 PM8/9/06
> My wife and I were out for our weekend ride Sunday afternoon. Keeping
> the above post in mind, I steadfastly refused to put my bike on another
> "transportation device", because my bike wasn't broken down. My wife,
> who has no real aspirations of becoming a ~Real Biker~ had no problems.
> But for me, it wasn't a pretty sight. I damned near drowned trying to
> cross that river.
>
> Is there a special bylaw that allows the use of ferry boats when there
> is no bridge or tunnel available? Or am I just doomed to never be among
> the ranks of ~Real Bikers~?
>
> Dan < (with toungue in cheek)

Dan, you're a poser. This guy is a reak biker:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6138119045254661545

CaptnDan

Aug 9, 2006, 3:54:55 PM8/9/06

Mike T. wrote:
> Dan, you're a poser. This guy is a reak biker:
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6138119045254661545

No fair using a video of Jesus on a dirt bike...

BJayKana

Aug 9, 2006, 5:04:15 PM8/9/06

timk...@yahoo.com (The OP)

Tim Kreitz Wrote~
Only on Reeky can you post a constructive article and have someone
immediately attack it out of spite and pack mentality. Heh. I love this
place.
Steady on, denizens. :-]

Tim Kreitz
2003 ZX7R
2000 ZX6R

bj...@webtv.net
I think folks are so use to writing the ''sarcastic one liners'', that
they forget how to respond with some bit of positiveness.
TIM K. I thought your essay of your thoughts and opinions was cleverly
thought out, of what kinda folks ride motorcycles, and the reasons why,
maybe. Plus lots more.
Any one of us, could add or subtract to your opinions. I imagine you
based your composition on some of your experiences, and maybe on some
actual people you know and have met thru the years. I found myself
logged into some of your categories. I would find it hard to believe
that Venture Rider would not fit in there somewhere, if not, he must be
really unique. ( having a Texas big smile) bjk

BJayKana

Aug 9, 2006, 5:15:50 PM8/9/06

Tim of tomo...@erols.com
adds some good points, especially this paragraph)''Tim Kreitz:~But, the

biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to question if
you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet nerd
wannabe....   every real biker knows that the true test of being a
real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.

bj...@webtv.net
Where did the 420 miles in a day 'goal' come from? Anyone that has been
on a sizable road trip, surely has ridden many 400+ miles, to keep up
with their plannd itenerary. But to me, that still doesnt particularly
make, or brake a Guy being a Real Rider. ~I know Guys who ride like the
wind, but have never been on a trip bigger than 1000 (round trip)miles,
ever. ~Sooooo, this discussion turns right back to ''Opinions'', ain't
no getting around it.
Like fishing, what constitutes a feller being a real fisherman, or not
one? hmmmmm? regards, bjk~

BrianNZ

Aug 9, 2006, 5:30:41 PM8/9/06

'Real' fishermen use deck mounted harpoons........ :)

Bob Myers

Aug 9, 2006, 5:48:42 PM8/9/06

"BJayKana" <Jay...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Where did the 420 miles in a day 'goal' come from?

I was wondering that myself, and more to the point, why 420?
Why not 395, or 562, or whatever? And is there a different
yet equally-arbitrary number for those whose odometers
measure kilometers (someone will now no doubt pipe up with,
"yeah, it's 679.98 km exactly....")?

Bob M.

BJayKana

Aug 9, 2006, 5:21:45 PM8/9/06
BeckyGal-Boo adds)~
Unless you work at Harley-Davidson's Corporate office in Milwaukee, then
you have to obey their rules and everyone can only start riding to work
starting at a certain date in the Spring and has to stop at a certain
date in the Fall too. But....does that make them "real bikers"?
Discuss? becky~
:-)

bj...@webtv.net
Of course it duz, but~~~~~~~~`there are so many more ideas, that
describe a guy or a gal, to being classified as a Real Rider''. I will
add this'un to my list, tho. reckon? hmmmm, becha so?

BJayKana

Aug 9, 2006, 5:26:07 PM8/9/06
yourno...@gmail.com
How 'bout we just say bikers are anybody who's owned a motorcycle. If
you don't have a bike right now, you're just between rides no matter how
long it takes you to get the next ride.

bj...@webtv.net
Remember there are those that own um, but not ride um'. Well not much,
not enuff to be a Real'un.' bjk

'Ya'll take care'' --BJAY--

Atticus Finch

Aug 9, 2006, 6:04:41 PM8/9/06
On 8/9/2006 5:48 PM Bob Myers mumbled something about the following:

Go ask Dave/Mike, or whatever the fuck his name is, why 420. He was the
one who came up with the magical number of 420 miles in a day to be a
real biker.

James Prine

Aug 9, 2006, 6:27:36 PM8/9/06
Don Fearn wrote:

> The True Test of a Real Biker is that he's the last rider riding to
> work in the fall and the first rider riding to work in the spring.

Nossir, that is the True Test of a Motorcyclist...a True Biker doesn't
*have* a job.

LOL

Best,

James

Andrew

Aug 9, 2006, 6:29:06 PM8/9/06

I wonder if it was because of this:

http://www.420.com

--
Andrew
00 Daytona

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 9, 2006, 6:50:51 PM8/9/06

BJayKana wrote:
> Tim of tomo...@erols.com
> adds some good points, especially this paragraph)''Tim Kreitz:~But, the
> biggest thing, and you left this out ENTIRELY, causing me to question if
> you really are a REAL biker yourself, or just some internet nerd
> wannabe.... every real biker knows that the true test of being a
> real biker is whether you've done a 420 mile day and whether or not you
> plan to ride a lot more days with a lot more miles in the future.
>

> bj...@webtv.net
> Where did the 420 miles in a day 'goal' come from?

Asked and answered repeatedly, as in"

"The 420 number was the exact number of miles Mike/Dave/whatever the
fuck
his name is quoted as being the number of miles a person needs to ride

in a day to be a REAL biker. "

So please, dear reader, *do* try to keep up.

Or I might have to buy another goddamn bag of emoticons.

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 9, 2006, 6:52:46 PM8/9/06

Bob Myers wrote:
> "BJayKana" <Jay...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>
> > Where did the 420 miles in a day 'goal' come from?
>
> I was wondering that myself, and more to the point, why 420?

Asked and answered repeatedly, ad nauseum, in this thread and another,
by me and others:

"The 420 number was the exact number of miles Mike/Dave/whatever the
fuck
his name is quoted as being the number of miles a person needs to ride
in a day to be a REAL biker. "

No, really, I just pulled that number out of my ass.

(Insert emoticon of your choice here, until I am able to get some more
of my own.)

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 9, 2006, 6:54:43 PM8/9/06

Atticus Finch wrote:
> On 8/9/2006 5:48 PM Bob Myers mumbled something about the following:
> > "BJayKana" <Jay...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> >
> >> Where did the 420 miles in a day 'goal' come from?
> >
> > I was wondering that myself, and more to the point, why 420?

> Go ask Dave/Mike, or whatever the fuck his name is, why 420. He was the

> one who came up with the magical number of 420 miles in a day to be a
> real biker.

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

Four hundred and twenty fucking times over!

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 9, 2006, 6:58:07 PM8/9/06

Andrew wrote:

> Atticus Finch wrote:
> >Bob Myers wrote:
> >> "BJayKana" <Jay...@webtv.net> wrote ...

> > Go ask Dave/Mike, or whatever the fuck his name is, why 420. He was the

> > one who came up with the magical number of 420 miles in a day to be a
> > real biker.
>
> I wonder if it was because of this:
>
> http://www.420.com

Yep, that was it. That was where the number came from. You can ignore
anything Dave T./Mike wrote that purely by coincidence listed the same
number of miles as being a prerequisite for being a real biker. If he
wrote that, I never read it, and even if he did and I had, I would
never be so gauche as to quote it back.

Not me.

Henry

Aug 9, 2006, 8:59:08 PM8/9/06
Tim Kreitz wrote:
> Henry wrote:

>> Just to be clear, =you= are a Real Biker, right?

> I never made that assertion, Henry. Although I suppose an implication
> of such could be incorrectly read into it, if analyzing the article
> from an extreme viewpoint.

Or perhaps, analyzing from a reasonable viewpoint. <g>

> Fact is, some of the traits I listed can be
> difficult to consistently exhibit, and I too, fail at times. I don't
> always contact my elected officials like I should, for one example. But
> I'm all about doing better today than I did yesterday -- far from
> perfect, but working toward improvement.

> Lighten up, bruh. When one considers anything less than perfection to
> be failure, the world quickly becomes a dire, hopeless place -- which
> is exactly how you always seem to express your impressions of it here
> on Reeky.
> Best wishes,
> Tim Kreitz

Well shit, if you're not a Real Biker than I doubt anybody is!
Well, at least I don't have to feel inferior about my own status
as something less than a Real Biker. I wonder if anyone here is a
Real Biker - or even cares if (s)he is one. <g>

[...]

BrianNZ

Aug 9, 2006, 9:30:49 PM8/9/06
Beckyboo wrote:

> Actually that would be me. My bike does meaure in km's only but I suck
> at the metric system and duly noted that elsewhere. :-)
>
> So, I'm not doing the conversion for Dave/Mike.
>
> --
>
> Becky

Yep, those groups of ten can be pretty confusing. :)

tomo...@erols.com

Aug 9, 2006, 11:02:56 PM8/9/06

Henry wrote:

> Well, at least I don't have to feel inferior about my own status
> as something less than a Real Biker. I wonder if anyone here is a
> Real Biker - or even cares if (s)he is one. <g>

Who you calling a (s)he?

--
Lola

Turby

Aug 10, 2006, 3:10:19 AM8/10/06
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:04:15 -0500, Jay...@webtv.net (BJayKana) wrote:

>I think folks are so use to writing the ''sarcastic one liners'', that
>they forget how to respond with some bit of positiveness.

Up yours!

--
Turby the Turbosurfer

High Plains Thumper

Aug 10, 2006, 7:51:51 AM8/10/06
Beckyboo wrote:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>>
>>> 13) Girls riding sport bikes as pillion in a thong
>>> (honorable mention).
>>
>> (howinell do I get my wife to wear one of those? howinell do
>> I get someone who is not my wife to wear one of those?)
>
> Be brave, you go first....

In reality, it is a very poor concept from a hygienic standpoint and in a
way I do not blame a woman for refusing to use such. In this male
dominated ng I was jest trolling .... (peering behind keyboard to make sure
SWMBO wasn't watching)

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Aug 10, 2006, 8:19:39 AM8/10/06
Road Glidin' Don wrote:

> "Tim Kreitz" wrote:
>
>>Only on Reeky can you post a constructive article and have someone
>>immediately attack it out of spite and pack mentality.
>
> That 'cause Reeky attracts dweebs like flies.

Not only Reeky. Same happens in comp.os.linux.advocacy (COLA), attracts a
lot of Win trolls. OTOH, comp.os.windows.advocacy is dead (prophetic of
Windows Vista).

--
HPT

BJayKana

Aug 10, 2006, 9:05:25 AM8/10/06

nospam...@address.invalid (Bob Myers)
"BJayKana" <Jay...@webtv.net> wrote in message .

Where did the 420 miles in a day 'goal' come from?

Bob responds~

I was wondering that myself, and more to the point, why 420? Why not
395, or 562, or whatever? And is there a different yet equally-arbitrary
number for those whose odometers measure kilometers (someone will now no
doubt pipe up with, "yeah, it's 679.98 km exactly....")?
Bob M.

bj...@webtv.net Back~
Mr. Morrow, appears to have caught several of us, with his prankness,
this time he used a ''trott-line'', with many baited hooks. I hate it
when he duz that, crap, never serious about the dern issue. (wink)
bjk~

BJayKana

Aug 10, 2006, 9:21:15 AM8/10/06
Trottline Tim advises again, with his sharp ass forked tongue,
heh-heh)
‘‘Bjay, and others; Hear ye, Hear ye!
==So please, dear reader, *do* try to keep up.
Or I might have to buy another goddamn bag of emoticons.==

bj...@webtv.net ``with wet clothes, says don't get smart``. Heck, some of
us dont read ever dern ass word from those two nerds, Mutt&Jeff, or
Mike&Dave, who-ever?????
bjk~(;~}

BJayKana

Aug 10, 2006, 9:26:33 AM8/10/06

tomo...@erols.com
Professor Tim, calculates;
‘‘Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,

thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

Four hundred and twenty fucking times over!~

bj...@webtv.net
I think you've made your smart ass point.
Ole wise one, who makes up words, like he's playing ``scrabble``. (;~’

BJayKana

Aug 10, 2006, 9:31:48 AM8/10/06

henry of 9...@shit.com tells 'em)
''Well shit, if you're not a Real Biker than I doubt anybody is! Well,

at least I don't have to feel inferior about my own status as something
less than a Real Biker. I wonder if anyone here is a Real Biker - or
even cares if (s)he is one. <g>

bj...@webtv.net
I dont know about that, but some of us on here, are a ``pain,ITA``.
(;~} bjk~

BJayKana

Aug 10, 2006, 9:35:24 AM8/10/06

Beck...@reeky.com

Actually that would be me. My bike does meaure in km's only but I suck
at the metric system and duly noted that elsewhere. :-)
So, I'm not doing the conversion for Dave/Mike.

Becky~

bj...@webtv.net
Gal, sometimes one should be careful in the use of the term,
''suck''..(;~}

Tim Kreitz

Aug 10, 2006, 9:45:36 AM8/10/06
BrianNZ wrote:
> 1. Enjoys riding/maintaining motorcycles.

My mistake for considering that one an obligatory given.

Best wishes,

Tim Kreitz
2003 ZX7R
2000 ZX6R

http://www.timkreitz.com
http://www.myspace.com/timkreitz
http://superbikeblog.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/dingosanctuary

Bob Nixon

Aug 10, 2006, 11:47:14 AM8/10/06

Tim Kreitz wrote:
[...]

> 3. A real biker judges his peers by <I>how</I> they ride, not by
> <I>what</I> they ride.

I agree with all but this one Tim. Dud's and Gals who ride cruisers are
almost always poor riders (neophyte's). Watch um, sometime,
particularly on curvy roads or moving around at low speeds (doggie
paddling)-:)

[...]

Atticus Finch

Aug 10, 2006, 1:30:46 PM8/10/06
On 8/10/2006 11:47 AM Bob Nixon mumbled something about the following:

Damn, you're still just as fucking stupid as Dave/Mike or whatever the
fuck his name is.

It is loading more messages.