2 Wheel Tuesday ... ...

JamesR. Walker

Jan 25, 2006, 9:08:16 AM1/25/06
2 wheel tuesday is a 30 min. show.
minus 12minutes for commercials = 18 min. show.
so, out of 18min show , 10 min. were devoted to "how to make a mc
commercial"..
for pete's sake speed channel, cant ya find enough mc news to even fill
18 min. show?

cat...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2006, 9:31:30 AM1/25/06
I couldn't agree more. Long is the mixed relationship I've had with
this show. I hate to watch it, yet watch it I do, just on the off
chance Gregg will say something vaguely appropriate or interesting.
Usually I am left after 30 minutes ranting and raving. I might even be
throwing stuff.

Contrast if you will, the brilliant (in my opinion) 'Top Gear' show for
cars which (while I'm biased as I'm English) is a thoroughly
entertaining hour. I have to believe that with the right people behind
it, a show about motorcycles made by people with a real passion for
motorcycles could be made to rival and /or Top Gear.

/Andy

Tim Kreitz

Jan 25, 2006, 10:50:47 AM1/25/06

Amen to that. I desparately want to like this show, but it repeatedly
insists on sucking ass.

First of all, they need to get rid of all the enduro and trials crap
once and for all. Nobody gives a flying rat's ass about that stuff. If
I never see another trials bike in my life, it'll be too soon. Where I
come from, we have a similar device to a trials bike; it's called a
Pogo Stick, and it's almost as boring.

Secondly, anything that doesn't have to do with street riding or
roadracing should be kept to a minimum. Dirtbike racing highlights
should be shown, but should be collectively no longer than about 90
seconds in length.

Thirdly, I don't ever want to see another "custom" chopper or
S&S-powered piece of butt jewelry on 2WT ever again. Ride On, American
Thunder, V-Twin TV, American Chooper, Build or Bust, and a gaggle of
other shows on cable have that subject matter covered ad nauseum.

Oh, and scooters suck, too. Every time I see something scooter-related
on that show, it's like taking NyQuil.

The old Motorcyclist TV show had it right. They reviewed bikes, gave
performance and suspension tips, touched on streetriding issues, and
otherwise kept their focus. 2 Wheel Tuesday coud learn a lot by digging
into those archives and doing something interesting with their 22
weekly minutes.

Peace,

Tim Kreitz
2003 ZX7R
2000 ZX6R
DoD #2184
http://www.timkreitz.com

David Steuber

Jan 25, 2006, 5:09:09 PM1/25/06
Heck, you can always just stick with Texas Hardtails or Cut Chop
Rebuild.

Let's face it. The Speed channel is one long infomercial.

--
http://www.david-steuber.com/
1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

Bryan

Jan 25, 2006, 7:29:04 PM1/25/06

"Tim Kreitz" <timk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Come on Tim, tell us how you really feel.

I am starting to appreciate the side affects of having been laid off. The
first thing wife did was cancel Speed. I guess I haven't missed anything.

And I agree completely about these stupid chopper shows with all the
arrogant "builders". If they'd just build an XR 750 like Evel used to ride
then I might pay attention.

Bryan

Dean

Jan 25, 2006, 11:23:51 PM1/25/06

Tim Kreitz wrote:

> First of all, they need to get rid of all the enduro and trials crap
> once and for all. Nobody gives a flying rat's ass about that stuff. If
> I never see another trials bike in my life, it'll be too soon. Where I
> come from, we have a similar device to a trials bike; it's called a
> Pogo Stick, and it's almost as boring.

Trials riding is actually kinda cool. That said, while it is pretty
big in Europe it is an exceedingly marginal sport in N.A. and TWT is
supposed to target a North American audience.

> Secondly, anything that doesn't have to do with street riding or
> roadracing should be kept to a minimum. Dirtbike racing highlights
> should be shown, but should be collectively no longer than about 90
> seconds in length.

I agree. If you don't ride a dirtbike you would tend to have zero
interest. And I'm sure there are dirtbiking shows on OLN if you really
need to see that stuff.

> Thirdly, I don't ever want to see another "custom" chopper or
> S&S-powered piece of butt jewelry on 2WT ever again. Ride On, American
> Thunder, V-Twin TV, American Chooper, Build or Bust, and a gaggle of
> other shows on cable have that subject matter covered ad nauseum.

I have canceled my premium cable package largely because there was
nothing but fucking chopper shows on. Discovery, Speed, TLC it didn't
fucking matter. Either it was home improvement shows or chopper shows.
I got sick of paying the extra money for the same crap every single
day.

That said, I do miss Overhaulin' on TLC. That hostess chick is a total
babe.

Dean

Message has been deleted

JamesR. Walker

Jan 26, 2006, 6:50:19 AM1/26/06
And I agree completely about these stupid chopper shows with all the
arrogant "builders". If they'd just build an XR 750 like Evel used to
ride then I might pay attention.
Bryan
-------------------------------
Every week they do same thing, build a Harley chopper. how boring can
you get? sometimes i wonder if its not the same bike and, all there
doings is just changing the color.
why not do something different once in a while. for example, build a
BMW chopper or, TL1000 chopper, etc..

Bryan

Jan 26, 2006, 8:27:41 AM1/26/06

"Venture Rider" <dontbother@> wrote in message

> On 25 Jan 2006 20:23:51 -0800, Dean said:
>
>>That said, I do miss Overhaulin' on TLC. That hostess chick is a total
>>babe.
>
> Her? http://www.courtneyhansen.com/

I think she replaced Danica Patrick on Spike's Power block.

Bryan

lub...@hotmail.com

Jan 26, 2006, 1:45:09 PM1/26/06
Tim Kreitz wrote:

> Secondly, anything that doesn't have to do with street riding or
> roadracing should be kept to a minimum. Dirtbike racing highlights
> should be shown, but should be collectively no longer than about 90
> seconds in length.

I agree with you about dirtbikes, but (in defense of 2WT) this time of
the year there isn't much roadracing going on. I think there is some
motocross or supercross or whatever they call it happening during the
winter, so I guess they just show that.

It seems like 2WT is trying to appeal to ALL motorcyclists - dirt,
cruiser, street, and racers. It's a bad strategy, because everyone ends
up complaining that they don't get to see what they want. They should
split this show into at least 2 separate shows that focus on different
aspects of motorcycling.

-Gniewko

Tim Kreitz

Jan 26, 2006, 5:19:19 PM1/26/06
lub...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I agree with you about dirtbikes, but (in defense of 2WT) this time of
> the year there isn't much roadracing going on.

True, but there is a lot of other news along those lines. Just for
example, there's a ton of testing going on, factory teams are showing
new bike designs, and Daytona is just around the corner.

I just read on the AMA member site that Chris Carr will soon be
attemping a new land speed record at Bonneville as a hired gun for the
historic BUB streamliner team. That would've been an excellent story
for the show:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2006/Carr_BUB.asp

> It seems like 2WT is trying to appeal to ALL motorcyclists - dirt,

> cruiser, street, and racers. It's a bad strategy...

Agreed. Whether you're a sportbiker, chopper guy, or dirt rider, why
invest a half hour of your time for maybe only 3 or 4 minutes worth of
subject matter that truly interests you.

The show needs focus. There is a ton of emphasis on dirt and customs
via other shows. My recommendation would be for 2WT to zero-in on the
performance/street crowd and produce something substantive.

Cheers,

Hank

Jan 26, 2006, 6:46:47 PM1/26/06

Can't we all just get along? ;-) I enjoy all the bikes and bike
related programming, be it cruisers, customs, trials bikes, motocross,
street, flat track, super bike or whatever. What I'd really like to
see less of is advertising.

-

http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html

Dean

Jan 27, 2006, 12:54:34 AM1/27/06

Venture Rider wrote:
> On 25 Jan 2006 20:23:51 -0800, Dean said:
>
> >That said, I do miss Overhaulin' on TLC. That hostess chick is a total
> >babe.
>
> Her? http://www.courtneyhansen.com/

Yes. Most definitely her. Too bad I don't get Spike anymore either.