Rain, rain, go away -- er, come to think of it, stay a while

Tim Kreitz

Oct 10, 2005, 12:39:49 AM10/10/05
I just came into the house and washed up after spending a rather
relaxing evening in the garage working on the ZX-7R. With a steady
deluge of rain falling straight down in vertical sheets all afternoon
and night, I figured wrenching can sometimes be an adequate substitute
for riding. So I opened the garage door, turned on some tunes, poured
myself a glass of Pinot Noir, and proceeded to disassemble, clean, wax,
and change fluids for the next 4 hours.

I actually got quite a bit done. I flushed the Green Meanie's
radiator, changed the oil, re-bled all of the hydraulic systems with
fresh fluid, buffed the entire bike to a glowing shine, and then put it
all back together again -- all of these tasks accomplished in the cool,
refreshing air that only an autumn rain shower can provide.

I almost put a fresh coat of wax on the ZX6R, as well, but was feeling
a little tired. I guess there's always tomorrow night. Although the
rain will have been long gone by then.

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is that rain isn't always a
bad thing for a motorcyclist. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I
don't live some place like London or Seattle, but I enjoyed the
evening nonetheless. It was just me and my bikes and a taste of the
grape -- as fine a Sunday evening as a biker could ask for.

Cheers,

Tim Kreitz
2003 ZX7R
2000 ZX6R
DoD #2184
http://www.timkreitz.com

George R. Young

Oct 10, 2005, 9:11:10 AM10/10/05
"Tim Kreitz" <timk...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I just came into the house and washed up after spending a rather
> relaxing evening in the garage working on the ZX-7R. With a steady
> deluge of rain falling straight down in vertical sheets all afternoon
> and night, I figured wrenching can sometimes be an adequate substitute
> for riding.

<snippety-snip>
Fully agree, very therapeutic, I save up the maintenance tasks for rainy
days, today (CDN thanksgiving day) is for swing arm bearing lube. Saturday
and Sunday were for riding.