Well, I finally did it -- there's a Z-Rex in the stable!

Tim Kreitz

Jul 2, 2007, 5:22:13 PM7/2/07
After threatening to buy one of these things for six years now, I
finally picked up a ZRX1200R, a super-clean 2004 model with low miles
and no mods. Of course, I immediately piped and jetted it. Survey
says: AWESOME.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/TimKreitz/OSB/TimZRex02.jpg

This muscle bike genre is a totally different animal. I had forgetten
that. Where my ZX7R and ZX6R are scalpels -- surgical instruments of
sheer precision and subtlety, the Z-Rex is a machete -- brutish and
rude and scary, but in a immersingly addictive way.

Here's the best part: Almost 90 foot-pounds of torque. Holy crap.

Resultantly, the powerband on the thing is huge. The bike pulls crazy-
strong from 3,000 rpm (it will wheelie off the throttle -- no clutch
required) and pulls like a freight train all the way through 9,000 rpm
(where it's still making 115 or so horsepower at the rear wheel). It
redlines at around 11,000 with a quick rev limit thereafter. The motor
is extremely smooth, and it instantly turns you into a throttle junkie
because you virtually have all of the power you need all of the time
in almost any gear.

I have to be honest -- I can't get enough of this thing. And it's not
just New Toy Syndrome, either. I could kick myself for not buying this
thing sooner. More info to come.

Cheers,

Tim Kreitz
2004 ZRX1200R
2003 ZX7R
2000 ZX6R (for sale)
http://www.timkreitz.com

Message has been deleted

Calgary

Jul 2, 2007, 5:44:25 PM7/2/07
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:22:13 -0700, Tim Kreitz <timk...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have to be honest -- I can't get enough of this thing. And it's not
>just New Toy Syndrome, either. I could kick myself for not buying this
>thing sooner. More info to come.

Ok how about rewriting this review and this time with a little
enthusiasm. <g>

Congrats on the new bike.

--

I have taken a vow of poverty. If you want to really piss me off, send money.

Andrew

Jul 2, 2007, 5:47:42 PM7/2/07
"Tim Kreitz" <timk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I almost bought one when they were the 1100 model.
I bought the Sprint RS instead.
Congrats on the new ride, Kawis rock. (But look who I am telling this
to...)
Your stable is growing nicely.

--
Andrew
00 Daytona

The Older Gentleman

Jul 2, 2007, 5:52:20 PM7/2/07
Tim Kreitz <timk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ZRX1200R

Lovely bikes. I really, really like 'em. As you imply: nothing subtle
about them at all.

--
BMW K1100LT 750SS CB400F CD250 SL125
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3

Steve Cramer

Jul 2, 2007, 8:35:26 PM7/2/07
Tim Kreitz wrote:
> After threatening to buy one of these things for six years now, I
> finally picked up a ZRX1200R, a super-clean 2004 model with low miles
> and no mods. Of course, I immediately piped and jetted it. Survey
> says: AWESOME.

Here's your next stop, if you haven't been there already:
http://www.zrxoa.org

Steve

Susan (CobbersMom)

Jul 2, 2007, 10:41:21 PM7/2/07

"Tim Kreitz" <> wrote in message > After threatening to buy one of these
things for six years now, I> finally picked up a ZRX1200R, a super-clean
2004 model with low miles
> and no mods. Of course, I immediately piped and jetted it. Survey> says:
> AWESOME.
> Here's the best part: Almost 90 foot-pounds of torque. Holy crap.
> I have to be honest -- I can't get enough of this thing.

I'm not sure you came across clearly, please, tell us how you really
feel<bg>
Sue
Minocqua, WI
Yamaha '00 VStar 650
'04 TW200 (mud = fun)
Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 V#15937

"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't
matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss

Tim Kreitz

Jul 3, 2007, 2:03:22 AM7/3/07
On Jul 2, 4:42 pm, Steve T <r...@no48panspam.com> wrote:
> Torque means never having to say, "I shifted."

LOL. Consider that one stolen!

Tim Kreitz

Jul 3, 2007, 2:04:52 AM7/3/07
On Jul 2, 4:47 pm, "Andrew"

<yogig.no.spamm.spam...@hotmail.nospamm.com> wrote:
> Your stable is growing nicely.

True-true. And I am officially out of room! :-)

Tim Kreitz

Jul 3, 2007, 2:06:33 AM7/3/07
On Jul 2, 4:52 pm, chateau.murray.takethis...@dsl.pipex.com (The Older

Gentleman) wrote:
> I really, really like 'em. As you imply: nothing subtle
> about them at all.

I think that's why I like it so much -- there's nothing subtle about
me either. Heh-heh. :-)

Tim Kreitz

Jul 3, 2007, 2:08:12 AM7/3/07
On Jul 2, 7:35 pm, Steve Cramer <cramer...@charter.net> wrote:
> Here's your next stop, if you haven't been there already:http://www.zrxoa.org

Yeah, I have been doing a lot of reading over there. I haven't sign-up
yet, but I probably will before long.

Tim Kreitz

Jul 3, 2007, 2:09:43 AM7/3/07
On Jul 2, 9:41 pm, "Susan \(CobbersMom\)" <dittohead1...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure you came across clearly, please, tell us how you really
> feel<bg>

Heh-heh. You know how some guys have trouble expressing emotion?

Well I never understood that! :-)

Message has been deleted

Ben Kaufman

Jul 3, 2007, 5:57:16 PM7/3/07
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:22:13 -0700, Tim Kreitz <timk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I guess you're not going to get that 2008 Naked Busa?

Ben

Henry

Jul 7, 2007, 5:49:52 PM7/7/07
Tim Kreitz wrote:
> After threatening to buy one of these things for six years now, I
> finally picked up a ZRX1200R, a super-clean 2004 model with low miles
> and no mods. Of course, I immediately piped and jetted it. Survey
> says: AWESOME.

> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/TimKreitz/OSB/TimZRex02.jpg

> I have to be honest -- I can't get enough of this thing. And it's not

> just New Toy Syndrome, either. I could kick myself for not buying this
> thing sooner. More info to come.

Nice bike. I've been riding a friends ZX14 lately, and the power
is definitely amazing. But I sold my Black Bird because of deer and
cops. Since both are still plentiful, I'll keep putting around on
my Valkyrie - at least for now....

--

http://911research.wtc7.net

Tim Kreitz

Jul 9, 2007, 12:07:00 AM7/9/07
On Jul 7, 4:49 pm, Henry <b...@treason.gov> wrote:
> Nice bike. I've been riding a friends ZX14 lately, and the power
> is definitely amazing. But I sold my Black Bird because of deer and
> cops. Since both are still plentiful, I'll keep putting around on
> my Valkyrie - at least for now....

Not a bad plan, but once the sportbike venom gets into your system,
you can never completely shake it!

Tim Kreitz

Jul 9, 2007, 12:10:14 AM7/9/07
On Jul 3, 4:57 pm, Ben Kaufman <spaXm-mXe-anXd-paXy-5000-

doll...@pobox.com> wrote:
> I guess you're not going to get that 2008 Naked Busa?

Nah. Not this year, anyway. Besides, I'll be surprised if any of the
West Texas dealerships out here will even be able to get more than one
or two. That's a crazy-schweet bike, though.