holy shit!

randy

Feb 14, 2004, 1:38:26 PM2/14/04
Let me get the next round. I was just over t' the EKIII auction site
and noticed the thermometer was at $20k. Here's to the fine patrons of
the VB&G.

--
randy BS6, AH#106

TL Mitchell

Feb 14, 2004, 1:45:23 PM2/14/04
"randy" <rsa...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Let me get the next round. I was just over t' the EKIII auction site
> and noticed the thermometer was at $20k. Here's to the fine patrons of
> the VB&G.

I'll drink to that !

The thermometer's been there for a while. A flurry of activity involving
tire-kickin' has been ongoing. Hang onto yer ass and stay on the edge of yer
seat. A major announcement is forthcoming in a day or so.......

TL

Dennis Peterson

Feb 14, 2004, 5:46:23 PM2/14/04
randy wrote:
> Let me get the next round. I was just over t' the EKIII auction site
> and noticed the thermometer was at $20k. Here's to the fine patrons of
> the VB&G.

The final figgers were posted just moments ago. Ditto.

dp

Sheep

Feb 14, 2004, 9:08:23 PM2/14/04

Ok. But now lets get a little bit more in there for taxes, tags and
insurance.

--

Dave (Dukes Sheep)
'03 FLHRI NAH#2 DOF #5 SENS

A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is topposting frowned upon?

tmgs

Feb 14, 2004, 7:15:22 PM2/14/04
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:46:23 -0800, Dennis Peterson
<denn...@inetnw.com> wrote:

Where?

>dp

John Ross

Feb 14, 2004, 7:26:32 PM2/14/04

http://eddiekieger.com/

--
'02 FXSTDI - Hal - "Redux" '94 Buick Skylark - "Damn Car"
EKIII rides with me - http://eddiekieger.com

fins

Feb 14, 2004, 8:08:16 PM2/14/04
"randy" <rsa...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Dammit man, my first reaction was "Wow, what idiot is paying $20k for a
fucking thermometer?", then I realized what you meant.

Way to go on the auctions!!!
--
Fins BS#221 CVNS G&W MINCE

Nancy Christenson

Feb 14, 2004, 8:18:51 PM2/14/04
fins wrote

> "randy" <rsa...@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Let me get the next round. I was just over t' the EKIII auction site
>> and noticed the thermometer was at $20k. Here's to the fine patrons of
>> the VB&G.
>>
>> --
>> randy BS6, AH#106
>
> Dammit man, my first reaction was "Wow, what idiot is paying $20k for a
> fucking thermometer?", then I realized what you meant.

That's exactly what I did! I actually went to the site to try to figure out
what he was talking about. Thought it must be a typo. D'oh!

Glad I'm not the only one.

/imbecile
--
Nancy
Bitch #27

tmgs

Feb 14, 2004, 8:12:59 PM2/14/04
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:08:16 GMT, "fins" <fin...@hawtmail.comm> wrote:

>"randy" <rsa...@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Let me get the next round. I was just over t' the EKIII auction site
>> and noticed the thermometer was at $20k. Here's to the fine patrons of
>> the VB&G.
>>
>> --
>> randy BS6, AH#106
>
>Dammit man, my first reaction was "Wow, what idiot is paying $20k for a
>fucking thermometer?", then I realized what you meant.

Rode the short bus didn't you

<g>

Les

Feb 15, 2004, 1:42:04 AM2/15/04

"Nancy Christenson" <mcnam...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> Nancy
> Bitch #27

Damn, I've expected this one for some time. Congrats...

Les

Nancy Christenson

Feb 15, 2004, 7:49:51 AM2/15/04
Les wrote

Thanks, Les. ... Hey! <g>
--
Nancy
Bitch #27

randy

Feb 15, 2004, 11:44:45 AM2/15/04
fins wrote:

> "randy" <rsa...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Let me get the next round. I was just over t' the EKIII auction site
> > and noticed the thermometer was at $20k. Here's to the fine patrons of
> > the VB&G.
> >
> > --
> > randy BS6, AH#106
>
> Dammit man, my first reaction was "Wow, what idiot is paying $20k for a
> fucking thermometer?", then I realized what you meant.

Now that's funny.

--
randy BS6, AH#106

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004, 1:59:41 PM2/15/04
"TL Mitchell" wrote ...
"randy" wrote ...

> > Let me get the next round. I was just over t' the EKIII auction site
> > and noticed the thermometer was at $20k. Here's to the fine patrons
of
> > the VB&G.
>
> I'll drink to that !
>
> The thermometer's been there for a while. A flurry of activity involving
> tire-kickin' has been ongoing. Hang onto yer ass and stay on the edge of
yer
> seat. A major announcement is forthcoming in a day or so.......

Comon TL, you can tell just the few of us in this thread ... We'll keep it
a secret - Honest!

--
Chilly
NoVA BS#226

TL Mitchell

Feb 15, 2004, 3:20:42 PM2/15/04
"Chilly Willy" <wjgh...@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The thermometer's been there for a while. A flurry of activity involving
> > tire-kickin' has been ongoing. Hang onto yer ass and stay on the edge of
> yer
> > seat. A major announcement is forthcoming in a day or so.......
>
> Comon TL, you can tell just the few of us in this thread ... We'll keep it
> a secret - Honest!

OK....... but just for your ears. Mum's the word. ::::lookin' both ways fer
eavesdroppers::::::

There was fundraising, auctions, patches, cookbooks, cash donations.......
shit, there were a few anonymous donations I understand were 4 figures! Plus
outta the blue funds came rolling in from Germany! As the 20k goal was
nearing serious shoppin' and tire kicking began. Some were researching
dealer's, make's, models, consumer reviews, full-size with a lift vs mini
with a ramp...... As needs and usage were balanced against availability and
price the field was narrowed and test-driving commenced.

Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with 12"
lowered floor. After years of dealing with a monster-size van and struggling
with a lift it was determined a lowered-floor mini would meet needs as well
as fit in a garage and be more economical to operate.

This van was a rental unit with 35k on the odo. It was originally priced at
25 grand plus incidentals that brought it up to $27,770 after taxes, title
and tags. By doing some competative shopping we got it down to
$23,791....... convenient since the fundraising has come to $23,508 thus
far. Ann had to dip into the Trust account for the balance which brought it
to $24,985 out the door with a 12 mo./12,000 mile GM Extended Warranty
thrown in to boot :)

There's still a rustproofing job on the horizon plus the search for a garage
rental near Broadfield Manor.

Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.

TL

LarryInEastTn

Feb 15, 2004, 3:33:54 PM2/15/04
"TL Mitchell" <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote in message
Damn proud to have helped what little I did, as everyone involved should be.
It restores my faith in folks to see everyone chip in and make something
like this happen. Drinks all around on my tab please Shirley.

--
Larry DOF# 29, SENS
"Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness."

George Pollard

Feb 15, 2004, 4:16:44 PM2/15/04
TL Mitchell <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote:
:>
:> Comon TL, you can tell just the few of us in this thread ... We'll keep it
:> a secret - Honest!

: OK....... but just for your ears. Mum's the word. ::::lookin' both ways fer
: eavesdroppers::::::

I heard that!

[...]

Yea!

: This van was a rental unit with 35k on the odo. It was originally priced at

: 25 grand plus incidentals that brought it up to $27,770 after taxes, title
: and tags. By doing some competative shopping we got it down to
: $23,791....... convenient since the fundraising has come to $23,508 thus
: far. Ann had to dip into the Trust account for the balance which brought it
: to $24,985 out the door with a 12 mo./12,000 mile GM Extended Warranty
: thrown in to boot :)

: There's still a rustproofing job on the horizon plus the search for a garage
: rental near Broadfield Manor.

: Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.

A round for all who helped, the donaters, the auction bidders, those that
made sure the auctions went full money, and to the folks who put all this
together.

Trely a red-letter day.

George Pollard
BS235

Mike Hewitt

Feb 15, 2004, 4:37:38 PM2/15/04
On 2/15/04 12:20 PMin article
uwQXb.6099$hm4....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net, TL Mitchell at
tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net scribbled furiously:

Super news! I know I won't be the first, but I'll jump on the bandwagon
early and say thanks to all those who helped by donating and/or buying
patches, cookbooks and auction items. I'm extremely proud to be associated
with such fine netscum. You all deserve a round of applause, pats on the
back, and free drinks at the bar for at least a week. Good on ya'!

--
Grumpy DOF #-2, BS#193, MINCE, CVNS, G&W
Babe v2.0

Becky

Feb 15, 2004, 4:37:03 PM2/15/04
"TL Mitchell" <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> had this to say:

> Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
> near Cleveland.

Excellent news, TL!

Here's to the folks who made this possible, be it from effort or $$!!

<clink>

--
Becky
99 FXDX - Bubba the Stealth Bike

Remove the obvious to reply

Doug

Feb 15, 2004, 4:43:46 PM2/15/04
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:16:44 -0000, George Pollard <geo...@hiwaay.net>
wrote:

Congrats to all who had a part.

Please let us know if Ann is out any out-of-pocket expenses.

She's great..had a chance to talk to her when I sent Eddie the Jesse
James signed picture.

Regards,

Doug

Roger M

Feb 15, 2004, 5:22:49 PM2/15/04

<<< Snipped the details >>>>

Very cool. Not a bad crowd those rmh folks.

Roger

Taz

Feb 15, 2004, 6:27:47 PM2/15/04
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:20:42 GMT, "TL Mitchell"
<tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote:

Snip

>Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
>near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with 12"
>lowered floor. After years of dealing with a monster-size van and struggling
>with a lift it was determined a lowered-floor mini would meet needs as well
>as fit in a garage and be more economical to operate.
>
>This van was a rental unit with 35k on the odo. It was originally priced at
>25 grand plus incidentals that brought it up to $27,770 after taxes, title
>and tags. By doing some competative shopping we got it down to
>$23,791....... convenient since the fundraising has come to $23,508 thus
>far. Ann had to dip into the Trust account for the balance which brought it
>to $24,985 out the door with a 12 mo./12,000 mile GM Extended Warranty
>thrown in to boot :)
>
>There's still a rustproofing job on the horizon plus the search for a garage
>rental near Broadfield Manor.
>
>Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.
>
>TL

Happy happy joy joy. Can't waint to see it in August.

Top shelf for All!!!

Taz (the still learning the hard way slug)
SENS MISFIT II III IIII MAMBM I II EKR 2003
BS#161 CR#1 NEWT#14 NS#3 DOF#45
FXRP "Gozer"
EKIII rides with me..Go Eddie!

Willie Wahoo

Feb 15, 2004, 8:28:13 PM2/15/04
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:22:49 -0500, Roger M <rma...@adelphia.net>
wrote:

> <<< Snipped the details >>>>
>

> Very cool. Not a bad crowd those rmh folks.
>

> Roger

<clink>

Next rounds on me

Butch
'03 FLHRCI
Waco, TX

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004, 6:58:50 PM2/15/04
"TL Mitchell" wrote ...
> "Chilly Willy" wrote

> > >The thermometer's been there for a while. A flurry of activity
involving
> > > tire-kickin' has been ongoing. Hang onto yer ass and stay on the
edge of
> > > yer seat. A major announcement is forthcoming in a day or so.......
> >
> > Comon TL, you can tell just the few of us in this thread ... We'll
keep it
> > a secret - Honest!
>
> OK....... but just for your ears. Mum's the word. ::::lookin' both ways
fer
> eavesdroppers::::::
>
> There was fundraising, auctions, patches, cookbooks, cash
donations.......
> shit, there were a few anonymous donations I understand were 4 figures!
Plus
> outta the blue funds came rolling in from Germany!

Twas shirley a phenomenol effort by a lot of very generous folks ...

> As the 20k goal was nearing serious shoppin' and tire kicking began.
Some
> were researching dealer's, make's, models, consumer reviews, full-size
with
> a lift vs mini with a ramp...... As needs and usage were balanced
against
> availability and price the field was narrowed and test-driving
commenced.

Sounds like good people were involved ...

> Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility
dealer
> near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with
12"
> lowered floor. After years of dealing with a monster-size van and
struggling
> with a lift it was determined a lowered-floor mini would meet needs as
well
> as fit in a garage and be more economical to operate.

Yeah!

> This van was a rental unit with 35k on the odo. It was originally priced
at
> 25 grand plus incidentals that brought it up to $27,770 after taxes,
title
> and tags. By doing some competative shopping we got it down to
> $23,791....... convenient since the fundraising has come to $23,508 thus
> far. Ann had to dip into the Trust account for the balance which brought
it
> to $24,985 out the door with a 12 mo./12,000 mile GM Extended Warranty
> thrown in to boot :)
>
> There's still a rustproofing job on the horizon plus the search for a
garage
> rental near Broadfield Manor.

So, there's a continuing need ...

> Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.

She's a beaut! Needs a flame job tho ... These guys can help:
http://www.killerpaint.com/#

I get kinda misty-eyed when I think of the outpouring of support and
goodness that comes from this place. Ya'll are the best.

Rich Johns

Feb 15, 2004, 7:14:44 PM2/15/04

"TL Mitchell" <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
> near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with
12"
> lowered floor. After years of dealing with a monster-size van and
struggling
> with a lift it was determined a lowered-floor mini would meet needs as
well
> as fit in a garage and be more economical to operate.

This is good. Really good.

Rich

Dirty Harry

Feb 15, 2004, 8:05:16 PM2/15/04
Roger M wrote:

> <<< Snipped the details >>>>
>
> Very cool. Not a bad crowd those rmh folks.

Shhhhh! Don't tell the trolls. <sfsf>

--
Dirty Harry, BS#59, DOF#4, FFDI

Roger (The Chrome Whore)

Feb 15, 2004, 8:03:08 PM2/15/04

"TL Mitchell" <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote in message
> Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
> near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with
12"
> lowered floor. After years of dealing with a monster-size van and
struggling
> with a lift it was determined a lowered-floor mini would meet needs as
well
> as fit in a garage and be more economical to operate.
>
> This van was a rental unit with 35k on the odo. It was originally priced
at
> 25 grand plus incidentals that brought it up to $27,770 after taxes, title
> and tags. By doing some competative shopping we got it down to
> $23,791....... convenient since the fundraising has come to $23,508 thus
> far. Ann had to dip into the Trust account for the balance which brought
it
> to $24,985 out the door with a 12 mo./12,000 mile GM Extended Warranty
> thrown in to boot :)
>
> There's still a rustproofing job on the horizon plus the search for a
garage
> rental near Broadfield Manor.
>
> Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.
>
> TL

TL, I saw the new van as I was leaving Broadfield today. Damn, it
shirley looks sharp, if the mechanical end is as good as the appearence
its a good one. (and I'm sure it is) A double of that Rub,Yuppie single
malt shit, what ever it is, to you and whoever else involved in picking
it out. Every one else have one too, A job well done RMH.

--
Roger (The Chrome Whore)
BS#228

TL Mitchell

Feb 15, 2004, 8:24:46 PM2/15/04
"Doug" <a63s...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> Please let us know if Ann is out any out-of-pocket expenses.

Ann has general-use Trust resources to draw from, she;s not personally out
of pocket for taxes, etc. I expect subsequent auction items to replenish the
coffers.

TL

Terry H

Feb 15, 2004, 8:32:43 PM2/15/04
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:20:42 GMT, "TL Mitchell"
<tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote:

<snips>

>Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
>near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with 12"
>lowered floor.

>Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.
>
>TL

Great news, congrat's Eddie and Ann. I hope it gets lots of mileage.
Can't wait to see it in August. Thank's for all who pitched in to make
this happen. BTW, someone does have a new AH#13 decal right?

--
Terry H.
BS#177

R.I.P. Schinna,
a damn good dog.

TL Mitchell

Feb 15, 2004, 8:36:28 PM2/15/04

dp posted some more pics at http://EddieKieger.com/van.html

> I get kinda misty-eyed when I think of the outpouring of support and
> goodness that comes from this place. Ya'll are the best.

Take a good look in the mirror Mr.-Great-Idea-With-The-Patches-Guy. Yer a
Real Man of Genius!

TL

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004, 8:52:25 PM2/15/04
"TL Mitchell" wrote ...
> "Chilly Willy" wrote
>
> > > Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.
> >
> > She's a beaut! Needs a flame job tho ... These guys can help:
> > http://www.killerpaint.com/#
>
> dp posted some more pics at http://EddieKieger.com/van.html
>
> > I get kinda misty-eyed when I think of the outpouring of support and
> > goodness that comes from this place. Ya'll are the best.
>
> Take a good look in the mirror Mr.-Great-Idea-With-The-Patches-Guy. Yer
> Real Man of Genius!

Shucks, that idea had been on the burner for months. Now 'roo scrotums,
that's a different story!

sna...@trippin.net

Feb 15, 2004, 9:48:20 PM2/15/04
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:32:43 GMT, Terry H <tlhe...@no-verizon.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:20:42 GMT, "TL Mitchell"
><tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote:
>
><snips>
>
>>Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
>>near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with 12"
>>lowered floor.
>
>>Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.
>>
>>TL
>>

>Great news, congrat's Eddie and Ann. I hope it gets lots of mileage.
>Can't wait to see it in August. Thank's for all who pitched in to make
>this happen. BTW, someone does have a new AH#13 decal right?

Yup, it'll be in Tuesdays mail too.

This bunch is just fuckin' incredible... Kudo's to each and every one.

Snarl... the "Dayum!" Asshole(tm)

--

Snarl AH#67, BS#37, SENS
EKIII Rides with me...

Dave Nichols

Feb 15, 2004, 11:27:26 PM2/15/04
sna...@trippin.net wrote:
>>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:20:42 GMT, "TL Mitchell"
>><tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote:
>>
>><snips>
>>
>>>Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
>>>near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with 12"
>>>lowered floor.

<snip>

> Snarl AH#67, BS#37, SENS
> EKIII Rides with me...
Lost the original so I gotta piggyback Snarl's.

This is great! Good looking van and new enough it should last a
while once it gets the rust-proof. I'm amazed at a few of the
recent auctions. Now all we gotta do is keep it going!

--
Dave Nichols BS#163
'99 FXSTB City of New Orleans

Les

Feb 16, 2004, 12:24:05 AM2/16/04

"TL Mitchell" <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
> near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with
12"
> lowered floor. After years of dealing with a monster-size van and
struggling
> with a lift it was determined a lowered-floor mini would meet needs as
well
> as fit in a garage and be more economical to operate.
>
> This van was a rental unit with 35k on the odo. It was originally priced
at
> 25 grand plus incidentals that brought it up to $27,770 after taxes, title
> and tags. By doing some competative shopping we got it down to
> $23,791....... convenient since the fundraising has come to $23,508 thus
> far. Ann had to dip into the Trust account for the balance which brought
it
> to $24,985 out the door with a 12 mo./12,000 mile GM Extended Warranty
> thrown in to boot :)
>
> There's still a rustproofing job on the horizon plus the search for a
garage
> rental near Broadfield Manor.
>
> Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.

Great job, looks like it should be a good one. I'm glad to see it has the
lowered floor, that's almost a requirement with a smaller van.

Les

Les

Feb 16, 2004, 12:25:07 AM2/16/04

"TL Mitchell" <tlmitchell99(myjohnson)@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Speakin' of which... I've got a shirt I bought for the auction. It's going
on tonight.

Les

Curt

Feb 16, 2004, 12:28:00 AM2/16/04
TL <tlmitchell99(myjohnson)@earthlink.net> writ:

>dp posted some more pics at http://EddieKieger.com/van.html

It's beautiful. I can't access ambpahdkaljf, so thank you, dp, for
posting the pics.

>Real Man of Genius!

Yep. Kudos to Chilly et al. And, speaking of real men of genius:
http://www.pbgy.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Bud&file=index

Hurry up and visit before it's shut down a la:
http://www.bricco.org/budlightmain.html

--
Curt

Hoppy

Feb 16, 2004, 1:12:06 AM2/16/04
> Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.
>
> TL

Excellent news TL.

I love it when a plan comes together.

<clink>
--
Hoppy
BS7 AH85 SENS

Dennis Peterson

Feb 16, 2004, 4:15:22 AM2/16/04
Hoppy wrote:
>>Photographic evidence available on ABPMH fer your perusal.
>>
>>TL
>>

> Excellent news TL.
>
> I love it when a plan comes together.
>
> <clink>

Just between you 'n me, I was happier to hear Patty was home and under your
care, and that she was on the mend. This van project closure is gravy. Damn
good gravy, too. It's starting out to be a pretty good year. Here's wishes to
everybody who isn't to get well, and for those who've turned the corner, a
speedy recovery! It was a loooong dark year last year. Damn.

The days are growing long - fill them!

dp

Be...@hotmail.com

Feb 16, 2004, 9:30:05 AM2/16/04
=========================== snipage ===========================

========================== more snippage =======================
> TL

I love it when a plan comes together!!
Congratulations, hugs and pats on the back to all involved.

--
(^::^) SENS NEWT#11 BS#188 MISFIT DOF#YES
(_o_) 99 FLHR "GRZLY" 80 XLH (soon to be reborn)

El Gato

Feb 16, 2004, 9:29:19 AM2/16/04
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:26:32 GMT, John Ross
<softail....@verizon.net> wrote:

>tmgs wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:46:23 -0800, Dennis Peterson
>> <denn...@inetnw.com> wrote:
> >
>>>The final figgers were posted just moments ago. Ditto.
>>

>> Where?
>
>http://eddiekieger.com/

Damn, this is really great news. The old van was long past the end of
it's life and more than overdue to be replaced.

Go Eddie!

- El Gato -

- El Gato -
"Numbers, we don't need no stinkin' numbers"

Donna A.

Feb 16, 2004, 10:08:11 AM2/16/04
El Gato wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:26:32 GMT, John Ross
> <softail....@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>tmgs wrote:

>>>Where?
>>
>>http://eddiekieger.com/
>

> Damn, this is really great news. The old van was long past the end of
> it's life and more than overdue to be replaced.
>
> Go Eddie!

<piggybacking on the kitty one--how are you, btw?>

Just saw a pic of it--damn that's a nice van! Kudos to everyone involved!

--
Donna A.
Wench #17/Bitch #17/BS #26/AH#107

SunShine

Feb 16, 2004, 10:27:33 AM2/16/04

--Roger (The Chrome Whore) typed on Monday, February 16, 2004 1:03 AM +0000:

> TL, I saw the new van as I was leaving Broadfield today. Damn, it
> shirley looks sharp, if the mechanical end is as good as the appearence
> its a good one. (and I'm sure it is) A double of that Rub,Yuppie single
> malt shit, what ever it is, to you and whoever else involved in picking
> it out. Every one else have one too, A job well done RMH.

<clink> To everyone who helped organize, contribute $$, goods, and/or good
vibes and great prayers, I thank you all.

I am in awe of the great and wonderful things I have been blessed to be a
part of. I spoke with Ann this morning, and she too feels the same as I
do. Thanks to everyone for helping bring this all to fruition.

>From what I hear it is a gorgeous Red. Now <the collective> "we" just need
a garage to keep it in and pay for monthly.

I Stand all amazed.

SunShine - in da burgh
B#10:W#8:A#50 '83 KZ750 "rozi"
"Get on your bikes and Ride!" -Queen
______EKIII and Thumper rider with me....______

Irv

Feb 16, 2004, 12:49:33 PM2/16/04

> Les wrote
>

> > "Nancy Christenson" <mcnam...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Nancy
> >> Bitch #27
> >
> > Damn, I've expected this one for some time. Congrats...
>

> Thanks, Les. ... Hey! <g>
> --
> Nancy
> Bitch #27

So now it's official.......great googly moogly........

--
Steve Irving (Irv) - BS#237 DCI#1
remove mypants to send me e-mail

Cuda

Feb 16, 2004, 4:11:51 PM2/16/04
"TL Mitchell" <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote in message news:<uwQXb.6099$hm4....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...

> OK....... but just for your ears. Mum's the word. ::::lookin' both ways fer
> eavesdroppers::::::
>

> Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
> near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with 12"
> lowered floor.

Great news! Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Cheers,
Cuda
#77 BOTY Hooligan cinq

John Ross

Feb 16, 2004, 6:01:02 PM2/16/04
TL Mitchell wrote:

<snip>

> Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
> near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with 12"
> lowered floor.

<snip>

That's a nice looking van. I hope to see it in person this summer.

> There's still a rustproofing job on the horizon plus the search for a garage
> rental near Broadfield Manor.

Well, I tried to make something from the cookbook (I won't say what,
because I completely destroyed it). Slap some of it on that van and
it'll never rust. GAR-un teeed. It was definitely my fault, not the recipe.

--
'02/'03 FXSTDI - Hal "Redux" '94 Buick Skylark - "Damn Car"
EKIII rides with me - http://eddiekieger.com
r.m.h FAQ - http://rmhfaq.com/
BS#229 MA

Be...@hotmail.com

Feb 16, 2004, 6:47:35 PM2/16/04
tmgs wrote:

====================== Big snip ==========================

> Hey Bear, ya comming down for bike week?
>
> Tom

Tempted, but no can do. I just got back from St. Petersburg, Fla., and Phenix
City, Alabama last Monday. Time didn't allow much time for visiting while I was
in Fla, as I was taking care of my daughter after her knee (acl) operation. She
was able to get orders to do her rehab at Ft. Benning so she could be with her
husband for the rest of the month. The two weeks that I was gone was the *worst*
weather for the Syracuse area. Good thing my son was able to keep everything
plowed out for Barb, who still is working.

Biketoberfest is on the calendar though..... barring any other operations where
I have to play nurse. /;^)

Jim Combs

Feb 16, 2004, 8:33:22 PM2/16/04
"TL Mitchell" <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote:
[snip]

> Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
> near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with 12"
> lowered floor. After years of dealing with a monster-size van and struggling
> with a lift it was determined a lowered-floor mini would meet needs as well
> as fit in a garage and be more economical to operate.

Outstanding. And great to hear. Let's keep some momentum going
tho, folks. The funding is an on-going benefit to Eddie's family.

--
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

Barry L. Van Hook

Feb 16, 2004, 6:50:11 PM2/16/04
"TL Mitchell" <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> writes:

>Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer
>near Cleveland.

Nice looking truck, TL ... and a great job by all concerned ... thanks for all
of us.

Barry #36

Mike Long

Feb 17, 2004, 9:55:45 AM2/17/04
"TL Mitchell" <tlmitc...@earthlink.myjohnson.net> wrote in message news:<uwQXb.6099$hm4....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> "Chilly Willy" <wjgh...@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

snip

> TL

That's truly great news. A round for all those fabulous people that
made this happen.

Mike in BAMA
00 FLSTF BS# 227 SENS MISFIT

Be...@hotmail.com

Feb 17, 2004, 5:35:52 PM2/17/04
tmgs wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:47:35 GMT, Be...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >tmgs wrote:
> >>
> >====================== Big snip ==========================
> >>
> >> Hey Bear, ya comming down for bike week?
> >>
> >> Tom
> >
> >Tempted, but no can do. I just got back from St. Petersburg, Fla., and Phenix
> >City, Alabama last Monday. Time didn't allow much time for visiting while I was
> >in Fla, as I was taking care of my daughter after her knee (acl) operation. She
> >was able to get orders to do her rehab at Ft. Benning so she could be with her
> >husband for the rest of the month. The two weeks that I was gone was the *worst*
> >weather for the Syracuse area. Good thing my son was able to keep everything
> >plowed out for Barb, who still is working.
> >
> >Biketoberfest is on the calendar though..... barring any other operations where
> >I have to play nurse. /;^)
>
> hehehe, I'm not playing nurse just a transportation director till
> Chris's foot heals up, he's comming along pretty good, the road rash
> is healing up quickly. What's going to happen to his bike we don't
> know yet, looks like about 2k worth the damage to it, fuggin no DL
> left turning numbfucks, anyhow hopefully he can get back to work real
> soon, he's costing me too much to feed <g>
>
> Tom (see ya someplace soon we hope)

Damn! Sorry to hear that Chris crashed.... but glad to hear he is realatively OK
and healing. Bikes (material things) can be replaced...

See ya someplace for sure.

Traci

Feb 19, 2004, 8:49:46 AM2/19/04
In uwQXb.6099$hm4....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net, TL Mitchell sed:

<snip>

> Saturday morning Ann Kieger picked up Eddie's new van at a mobility dealer

> near Cleveland. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture/Braun Entervan conversion with 12"
> lowered floor. After years of dealing with a monster-size van and struggling
> with a lift it was determined a lowered-floor mini would meet needs as well
> as fit in a garage and be more economical to operate.

Hot DAMN! What excellent news!
Drinks all around!
Go Eddie!!

--
Traci aka sybil (change the N to h, to reply)
BS# 231 Vermort 11 EKIII 2003