New Harley Model Rumored for Spring

Ðavïd

Mar 12, 2006, 9:26:16 PM3/12/06
Shirley set 'em up...

Before I get flamed for rumor monguering, I want to preface this post by saying this rumor is in the April 2006 issue of IronWorks. In an article written by Sam Kamish, he revealed that on April 1, Harley will roll out 2 special edition Harleys.

In honor of the 1936 Knucklehead and the July 4, 1947 incident at Hollister, HD will intorduce a new motorcycle model and accessory line that will commemorate the introduction of the Knucklehead motor and Hollister.

"According to the rumor mill the new engine is a sleeved-down Big Twin displacing 1200 cc, or 74 cubic inches, just like the Big Twins that rolled into Hollister...."The other engine is even smaller, displacing 1000 cc, or 61 cubic inches, same as the original EL of '36."

"Sources close to the project say the smaller of the two engines will be known as a Little Twin, while the 74 checks in as the Bigger Little Twin....they will be known as Pinheads...There's also an optional Grease Spot Black paint scheme the paint crew is working on to give the bikes a true retro appearance." According to the article, they are also gong to bring out a whole line of biker-era clothing and gear to match the new bikes.

"Of coarse, dealers are going to deny everything I've just told you because the news embargo lasts until March 30."

The above quotes are straight from the article. Go to your local magazine rack, pick up IronWorks, turn to page 19 and start reading.

Davïd
Greenville, NC

Harold Gailey

Mar 12, 2006, 10:15:05 PM3/12/06
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:26:16 -0500, Šavļd <one...@esn.net> wrote:

>Shirley set 'em up...
>
>Before I get flamed for rumor monguering, I want to preface this post by saying this rumor is in the April 2006 issue of IronWorks. In an article written by Sam Kamish, he revealed that on April 1, Harley will roll out 2 special edition Harleys.

Sounds like April foolishness to me.

--

Harold Gailey - 74 CB 450 Stolen; 74 Z1 900 Traded; 76 FX 1200 Stolen;
78 FX(E) 86ci Daily Rider Nice Weather; 02 FXDX 88ci Daily Rider Other Weather.

Ðavïd

Mar 12, 2006, 10:27:09 PM3/12/06

Harold Gailey wrote...
> Sounds like April foolishness to me.

Quite possibly you could be right. Furthermore, has Harley introduced a new model mid-year? Sounds fishy to me too.

On another note, I dunno what's up with my news server. I didn't get my original message you replied to. Maybe it's MicroSoft to blame with their outhouse express.

Davïd
Greenville, NC

Harold Gailey

Mar 12, 2006, 10:31:21 PM3/12/06

I switched to Agent a few years ago but I don't remember why. Seems
like whatever problems I was having with OE, they are so far removed
from Agent's extreme efficiency I've lost all recollection of it.

Chilly

Mar 12, 2006, 10:38:08 PM3/12/06
Harold Gailey <hga...@houston.rr.com> sed:

> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:26:16 -0500, Šavļd <one...@esn.net> wrote:
>
>>Shirley set 'em up...
>>
>>Before I get flamed for rumor monguering, I want to preface this post
>>by saying this rumor is in the April 2006 issue of IronWorks. In an
>>article written by Sam Kamish, he revealed that on April 1, Harley
>>will roll out 2 special edition Harleys.
>>

> Sounds like April foolishness to me.

Damn! Is it time for annual rumors already? Annual r.m.h Unfounded
Rumors(tm) include baggers with 95" engines, six speed transmissions, and
V-Rod engines; self-adjusting training wheels; airbags; ABS; heated seats
(oops, that one's been downgraded to fact); electric kickstands; and a new
SE UltraBarge with microwave, coffemaker, garbage disposal, and a blender.
And, some Asshole will invariable say says he knows for sure that vivid
black will be a color option.

--
Chilly BS#226

Ðavïd

Mar 12, 2006, 10:44:31 PM3/12/06

Harold Gailey wrote...
> I switched to Agent a few years ago but I don't remember why. Seems
> like whatever problems I was having with OE, they are so far removed
> from Agent's extreme efficiency I've lost all recollection of it.

This OE and/or news server problem started about three weeks ago. At first I assumed no one was getting the messages. I dumped the cashe and re-set the newsgroup hoping to clear out the problem. Last week, before leaving for Daytona, I re-submitted several replies that never showed up on my computer. When no one complained about the duplicate messages, I still assumed no one was getting the messages. I might need to check out Agent. You got any info on them? Now for the really dumb question; does Agent handle binaries? I guess the answer is yes, because if it didn't, you wouldn't be using it.

Davïd
Greenville, NC

Ðavïd

Mar 12, 2006, 10:47:20 PM3/12/06

Chilly wrote...
> Damn! Is it time for annual rumors already? Annual r.m.h Unfounded
> Rumors(tm) include baggers with 95" engines, six speed transmissions, and
> V-Rod engines; self-adjusting training wheels; airbags; ABS; heated seats
> (oops, that one's been downgraded to fact); electric kickstands; and a new
> SE UltraBarge with microwave, coffemaker, garbage disposal, and a blender.
> And, some Asshole will invariable say says he knows for sure that vivid
> black will be a color option.

I'm still waiting for Windows 95

Davïd
Greenville, NC

Harold Gailey

Mar 12, 2006, 11:00:35 PM3/12/06

You didn't accidently put yourself in a killfile or something did you?

As for binaries, that is its strong suit if you ask me. I have it
using Irfanview as the program to handle them once they're downloaded
and between the two programs I am most impressed. You pick a folder to
store the binaries in and you can select a different folder for each
group. Don't want to get your porn mixed in with your bike pics. You
can go to a group, mark all messages, save all attachments (to the
chosen folder) and be reading another group while it does it. Also you
can select a group of messages and launch the attachments, which with
Irfanview as the program handler will pop open a window for each of
the Jpegs or whatever was selected. All in all a very impressive,
capable newsgroup reader/writer.

Kestrel

Mar 12, 2006, 11:11:45 PM3/12/06
Harold Gailey wrote:

>You didn't accidently put yourself in a killfile or something did you?

Here we go. Dana, if you say anything I'm going to put a pox on your
whole family.

EKIII Auction at:
http://tinyurl.com/n8xnz

Jimbo #63
The squid riding Asshole(tm)
remove my motorcycle to reply

Harold Gailey

Mar 12, 2006, 11:17:45 PM3/12/06
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:11:45 -0500, Kestrel <kestre...@total.net>
wrote:

>Harold Gailey wrote:
>
>>You didn't accidently put yourself in a killfile or something did you?
>
>Here we go. Dana, if you say anything I'm going to put a pox on your
>whole family.

You know I had forgotten who I had heard it happened to. And I still
would be the last to throw stones, glass house and all.

Kestrel

Mar 12, 2006, 11:27:54 PM3/12/06
Harold Gailey wrote:

>Kestrel wrote:
>
>>Harold Gailey wrote:
>>
>>>You didn't accidently put yourself in a killfile or something did you?
>>
>>Here we go. Dana, if you say anything I'm going to put a pox on your
>>whole family.
>

>You know I had forgotten who I had heard it happened to.

It's a somewhat twisted story. I was using Sprint.ca as an ISP at the
time and a few things on thier setup got fugged. But by default It'll
always be my own doing<g>.

>And I still
>would be the last to throw stones, glass house and all.

Mighty kind on your part, but I can assure you that Mrs. Taramina will
be catapulting bolders my way if she reads your post:-).

Harold Gailey

Mar 12, 2006, 11:40:30 PM3/12/06
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:27:54 -0500, Kestrel <kestre...@total.net>
wrote:

>Mighty kind on your part, but I can assure you that Mrs. Taramina will
>be catapulting bolders my way if she reads your post:-).

I guess we should be dropping it then. Boulders don't always fly where
they're aimed.

Kestrel

Mar 13, 2006, 12:09:43 AM3/13/06
Harold Gailey wrote:

>Kestrel wrote:
>
>>Mighty kind on your part, but I can assure you that Mrs. Taramina will
>>be catapulting bolders my way if she reads your post:-).
>>

>I guess we should be dropping it then. Boulders don't always fly where
>they're aimed.

Closing the barn door after the horse has run?

Let's drink ourselves silly and hope that she didn't notice<g>

Harold Gailey

Mar 13, 2006, 11:30:38 PM3/13/06
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:09:43 -0500, Kestrel <kestre...@total.net>
wrote:

>Harold Gailey wrote:
>
>>Kestrel wrote:
>>
>>>Mighty kind on your part, but I can assure you that Mrs. Taramina will
>>>be catapulting bolders my way if she reads your post:-).
>>>

>>I guess we should be dropping it then. Boulders don't always fly where
>>they're aimed.
>
>Closing the barn door after the horse has run?
>
>Let's drink ourselves silly and hope that she didn't notice<g>

I'll get this round... shhh I think I saw her...

Kestrel

Mar 14, 2006, 12:03:32 AM3/14/06
Harold Gailey wrote:

>Kestrel wrote:
>
>>Harold Gailey wrote:

>>>I guess we should be dropping it then. Boulders don't always fly where
>>>they're aimed.
>>
>>Closing the barn door after the horse has run?
>>
>>Let's drink ourselves silly and hope that she didn't notice<g>
>>

>I'll get this round... shhh I think I saw her...

I'm outa here. She scares me! Yer on your own buddy.

Hoppy

Mar 14, 2006, 2:34:15 PM3/14/06

Ðavïd wrote:
> Shirley set 'em up...
>
> I want to preface this post by saying this rumor is in the April 2006 issue of IronWorks.

> Davïd
> Greenville, NC

This should have been your first clue.

Hoppy