Slug Bike has relocated.

big stinkie

Jan 2, 2006, 2:04:29 PM1/2/06
...parts of it, anyway.

Everybody grab a cold one outta the beer fridge. There's something for
everybody in there, not just beer.

Just got back from Tulsa where the wife, my twin boys, and I met Molly
and Les. We got there yesterday 'bout 4:00 PM and found our motel on
the east side of town. When they got back into town we met 'em at their
house which is more towards the west side. We could see the smoke on
the horizon from the grass fires burning a handful of miles west of
there, and it smelled like someone was burning leaves next door. It was
an eerie feeling, but Les assured us we weren't in any danger of
becoming toast.

We hit LaMargarita's Mexican Restaurant a few miles away and ate way
more than we should have, but the food was great. (I had the green
chili burrito supper, and the family suffered with me on the trip home
this morning.) Anyway, after supper we went to Les's place where I got
to see his shop. It was crowded, but what shop isn't? I felt honored to
be able to visit the place where such neat pieces of art were made.
He's really an artist, but he creates motorcycle stuff instead of
typical artistic stuff. After going over each piece of the Slug Bike
that was to be painted, we packed it in the trunk of the car.

Now my work starts. Gonna start prepping all the pieces for body work
and paint. I'll be sending pictures of the progess to Les, and he'll
probably make 'em available on the net somewhere. Sounds like he's
decided on a forest green bike with a yellowish (is yellowish a color?)
pinstripe here and there. The tank is gonna have the Slug, with a slime
trail that *might* even glow in the dark, and "What's the Rush?" on it.
That is, of course, unless I decide to paint it black with hotrod
flames. <g> Les seems like a mild mannered sort, but I think he'd
quickly show me the errors of my ways if I did that, so green it is.

Andy aka Big Stinkie SLOB#3 BS-probation

Schmoe

Jan 2, 2006, 2:39:37 PM1/2/06
big stinkie wrote:
> Everybody grab a cold one outta the beer fridge. There's something for
> everybody in there, not just beer.

No. I'm done for the week. But thanks for asking.

> Sounds like he's
> decided on a forest green bike with a yellowish (is yellowish a
> color?) pinstripe here and there. The tank is gonna have the Slug,
> with a slime trail that *might* even glow in the dark, and "What's
> the Rush?" on it.

Love the design idea. Looking forward to seeing the progress and finished
product!

les

Jan 2, 2006, 3:37:50 PM1/2/06
big stinkie wrote:
> ...parts of it, anyway.
>
> Everybody grab a cold one outta the beer fridge. There's something for
> everybody in there, not just beer.

Shit, I outta be buyin' for everyone, not you...

> Just got back from Tulsa where the wife, my twin boys, and I met Molly
> and Les. We got there yesterday 'bout 4:00 PM and found our motel on
> the east side of town. When they got back into town we met 'em at
> their house which is more towards the west side. We could see the
> smoke on the horizon from the grass fires burning a handful of miles
> west of there, and it smelled like someone was burning leaves next
> door. It was an eerie feeling, but Les assured us we weren't in any
> danger of becoming toast.

They've got most of 'em put out now. Probably be more fires before it's all
over though. At least the smoke and smell have cleared for now.

> We hit LaMargarita's Mexican Restaurant a few miles away and ate way
> more than we should have, but the food was great. (I had the green
> chili burrito supper, and the family suffered with me on the trip home
> this morning.) Anyway, after supper we went to Les's place where I got
> to see his shop. It was crowded, but what shop isn't? I felt honored
> to be able to visit the place where such neat pieces of art were made.
> He's really an artist, but he creates motorcycle stuff instead of
> typical artistic stuff. After going over each piece of the Slug Bike
> that was to be painted, we packed it in the trunk of the car.

I think it'll get a major cleaning while the Slug Bike is being painted.

> Now my work starts. Gonna start prepping all the pieces for body work
> and paint. I'll be sending pictures of the progess to Les, and he'll
> probably make 'em available on the net somewhere. Sounds like he's
> decided on a forest green bike with a yellowish (is yellowish a
> color?) pinstripe here and there. The tank is gonna have the Slug,
> with a slime trail that *might* even glow in the dark, and "What's
> the Rush?" on it. That is, of course, unless I decide to paint it
> black with hotrod flames. <g> Les seems like a mild mannered sort,
> but I think he'd quickly show me the errors of my ways if I did that,
> so green it is.

Looking forward to it. I might need to send another piece to you. If I don't
get out-bid in the next 40 minutes, I'll have another Briggs kick-start
engine very soon. It's located about 30 miles from me and priced right. The
tin cover on the engine might need some paint to match everything else. This
engine looks older than the one I showed you, it has a cast iron head, as
well as the correct carb.

Thanks Andy. I was great visiting with you and the family.

Les

big stinkie

Jan 2, 2006, 6:58:07 PM1/2/06
Same here. Good to see you and Molly, and meet Matt. Wished we coulda
hung out longer, but the kids and I had to get back home so they could
work on their walking machine today. They got quite a bit done,too. It
isn't walking yet, but it's about to. I'll send some pictures of it's
progress, too.

big stinkie

Jan 2, 2006, 7:00:21 PM1/2/06

I'm pretty jazzed about it. This is gonna be different than most of the
stuff I've done before. I've done skulls, flames, abstract designs and
such...but never a slug! Whoda thunk it. <g>

les

Jan 2, 2006, 7:30:11 PM1/2/06

That sure sounds like a cool project. Max seemed pretty excited about it,
and was quick with details on it. Sounded like he's paid alot of attention
to things.

Les