Russian Armor Green Paint

cr...@earthlink.net

Nov 27, 2008, 7:00:49 PM11/27/08
my Tamiya T-62A calls for Dark Green but this model master russian
armor color looks anything but dark green. I googled the group and
found nothing new since 2002.

Anyone know if the Model Master color is correct or should I go for a
darker shade?

thx - Craig

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001340767&I=LXHK14&P=K

Gerald Owens

Nov 27, 2008, 9:48:49 PM11/27/08

Model Master's Soviet Armor Green is quite blue, and looks odd. Steve
Zaloga has suggested FS-34095 as a decent match for Soviet postwar
dark green (though in service, the color was actually a semigloss
rather than flat shade). This particular shade is not available
premixed, as far as I know, but FS-34102 is (as a USAF cammo color),
and it's pretty close. A semigloss overspray will make it appear
deeper in color. That color chip is also widely suggested as a decent
match for wartime Soviet 4BO Protective Green.
Gerald Owens

Ron Smith

Nov 29, 2008, 2:36:03 PM11/29/08
To quote a former Russian arty commander I worked with, "Green, just
green, whatever green most of 5 year plan."