The Definitive List of Construction Equipment Models

Keith Reddy

May 10, 2001, 6:39:38 AM5/10/01
HELP US TO BUILD THIS NEW SITE FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL CONSTRUCTION MODEL
COLLECTORS.

Dear Newsgroup Members

A colleague Steven Downes and I have formed a partnership to produce and publish
on the web a list of every mass produced Construction Equipment Model that we
can find evidence of.

It is our intention to make it the most comprehensive listing ever seen on the
subject. This is not a commercial project, but a service for the thousands of
collectors who like us would like to know what models are out there. If we
accept advertising later, it will be to finance improvements to the site. Access
to the site will always remain FREE for everyone.

As Construction Equipment Modelling is a market that includes many
scratch-builders and modifiers, "The List" will initially include only models
where at least 100 identical models have been produced and sold. We rely on the
honesty of manufacturers for this. New models from "mass" manufacturers will be
included immediately release is advised to us.

This list will be published on the site www.miniature-construction-world.co.uk
or it's own site, and we intend monthly updates, to add and amend entries as we
learn more. You can see the initial version of the database, with some of the
models that we own, at www.users.totalise.co.uk/~dolphiner/modelinfo.htm at this
moment.

As any collector will tell you, no matter how many years you collect for, you
are constantly finding new makes and models you have never heard of popping up.
Equally, we realise that "The List" will never be finished, but will be an
ever-growing enterprise. Please don't complain if we miss models you know of,
submit details so that we can include them.

We hope that you will advise us as new models are produced or old ones found. At
a later stage, a hardback volume may be considered, once we are confident of the
level of content we have, and if we can find investment to support it. This
would also depend upon photographs being available and the right to publish
them.

In this letter, I am appealing to all of the manufacturers, wholesalers,
retailers and collectors I know and know of, to submit details of their
products, their knowledge, their archive information or collections to me
directly, to allow me to form the basis of "The List". All who contribute will
be acknowledged and have their e-mail address and/or website listed (unless I am
advised that you don't want this).

I will be pleased to e-mail an Excel spreadsheet template, to anyone who can
help, which should be used to submit your details. This will guarantee me easy
import facilities, and make the list possible. I regret that I cannot take
information in any other format at the moment. Additional information may be
included in further columns if you wish, but this may not be published.
Likewise, we would welcome provision of any small .jpg photos, which will be
included as soon as we can. If these or photos can be sent by post rather than
by e-mail it would be appreciated. Mail me for my home address and/or the
submission form.

There may be opportunities at a later stage, for links or adverts to "The List",
and contributors will be offered advantageous rates and positions if and when
this happens.

If you can assist us in this project, you will no doubt receive the thanks of
collectors of Construction Equipment worldwide.

Yours faithfully

Keith Reddy

The World deserves better, so give it to them !

jerry 47

May 10, 2001, 4:21:41 PM5/10/01
You also SPAMMED me with an e-mail about this. In the future, please
publish your comments on rms, not in my e-mail inbox.
Jerry 47

Keith Reddy <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message