Monogram ULTIMATES kits

Robert W. Hall

Feb 7, 1994, 9:42:47 PM2/7/94
In article <2j6cnu$a...@nntp2.Stanford.EDU>, ts...@Xenon.Stanford.EDU (Finnegan T. Tsai) writes:
|> In article <2j5t0g$h...@misdev.mis.pyramid.com>,
|> Peter Shyvers <pshy...@misdev.mis.pyramid.com> wrote:
|> >Some weeks ago someone asked whether anyone had "reasonably priced" Monogram
|> >Ultimates - 1/43rd, mostly plastic, with photoetched detail - of the Cobra
|> >and Corvette.

BTW, I have had these two in my 'build eventually' closet for a couple of
years and may start them this spring. Any advice on working with photoetched
parts beyond what the instructions say -- I have read a few articles in CM
and SAE on photoetched parts. I have a few other 'build eventually' kits
with photo-etched parts that I want to fiddle with sooner or later.

Rob

--
Where am I? In the Village. Whose side are you on? That would be telling.
We want .. information. You won't get it! By hook or by crook, we will.

!

Paul Scheffer

Feb 10, 1994, 6:44:36 PM2/10/94
I've seen them here in New Zealand for $10NZ (About $5.50US), I got mine for 1/2 price (yup $2.25 us). This was at christmas but i'd be happy to buy them for
people on the net. If anyone is interested in the slightest, mail me and i'll
check out the cost for postage.

Be quick as they are slowly becoming unavailable.

Paul.

P.S does anyone know of a way to make stripes like those on the hood of the 427 corvette. The decals keep on breaking and i'd like to make them out of a sticker type material. Ive seen it done but don't know the process involved.

Robert W. Hall

Feb 11, 1994, 9:23:07 AM2/11/94
In article <2jegt4$p...@st-james.comp.vuw.ac.nz>, ma...@kauri.vuw.ac.nz (Paul Scheffer) writes:
|> I've seen them here in New Zealand for $10NZ (About $5.50US), I got mine for 1/2 price (yup $2.25 us). This was at christmas but i'd be happy to buy them for
|> people on the net. If anyone is interested in the slightest, mail me and i'll
|> check out the cost for postage.

That's a good deal. Hobby Heaven (Grand Rapid's MI) has them (Vette & Cobra)
for $25 a piece currently. I am glad I got mine a couple years back at
a going-out-of business sale for 2/$5. (I also picked up the Mono. '59
Caddy for 5 bucks at a GOOB sale last month).
At the Cleveland Toy Fair last Sunday I saw the Ultimates going for $20-35 each.

Now if I only had time to build them....

Rob "Computer Scientist/Modeler/Auto Enthusiast/Amateur Skier/Lunatic Grad
Student/Music fan/David Lynch Fan/Prisoner Fan/" Hall