[BFF] August 2000 Buying Frenzy!!!

Jerry Irvine

Jul 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/16/00
Subject: [BFF] August 2000 Buying Frenzy!!!

The idea of a Buying Frenzy!!! is for all readers here to support one
single small manufacturer each month so they get some much needed business
and we make a visible impact. So far it has worked beautifully. The next
step after ordering is to post your comments of your experiences with
ordering, building, reading, flying, peeves and possibilities! That's the
best way to really make a difference!
Please support each vendor every month by making a purchase,
large or small. Even if you do not purchase the exact products suggested,
support them.
I am so very proud of the success of the Buying Frenzy!!! so far and my
most sincere hope is that the Buying Frenzy!!! itself is not a fad. That
it will live on and grow.
Please give U.S. Rockets your vote: a check in the mail.

VOTING FOR A NEW VENDOR IS EASY

Go to the new BFF web site at http://www.v-serv.com/bff. The older site
is gone. There you can vote for a vendor by email to be selected as a
prospect for a frenzy fad. The winner will as usual be by popular vote.
The site has been set up with "placeholder" candidates to see how it will
work. Due to the shortness of time and the fact that on start-up the
first vendor always gets shortchanged, I have of course selected U.S.
Rockets during the restart phase. However in a month or so the BFF will
have started in earnest. I have nominated and voted for Blackhawk R&D. I
hope and expect alot of people will support that so I do not have to
change the web page in the first week :). I want to also right away start
the voting for October so lets all think of who most deserves the
historically best BFF month of the year.

LET THE FRENZY COMMENCE!!!

Placing an order from U.S. Rockets is easy. There are several ways
this can be done.

Orders can be placed different ways:

1. Go to their Web site (see below), and either use their paypal link or
through sublinks to kits go to the order shopping cart.

www.usrockets.com/usr (a dealer) or
www.usrockets.com (the manufacturer)

2. Mail a physical order to:

U.S. Rockets Dealer
Pay to: Jerry Irvine
Box 1242
Claremont, CA 91711 USA

3. Email a message to in...@usrockets.com (U.S. Rockets customer service)
ordering and giving instructions of how you prefer to pay: prepaid check,
phone or fax authorized credit card, online paypal cedit card processing,
shopping cart cretit card processing.

Products:

$19.95 Fire and Forget: a 1.22" x 27" 29mm motor kit with 24mm conversion
included. Dual deployment cpaable if you have one that small.

$34.95 Banshee: a 2.25" x 42" 29mm motor rocket with 24mm conversion
included. Dual deployment capable!

$199.95 Arcon: a 6" x 120" 98mm motor/host rocket with 54mm and 29mm
conversion included. Dual deployment capable! Combination scale and
sport rocket.

Testimonials:

Doyle Tatum <doy...@mindspring.com> wrote about a BFF:
I was going to buy it one day, anyway!

"Alan M. Marcum" <Alan_...@next.com> wrote after a previous BFF series:
Jerry, I think you've done the hobby -- those who build and fly, those who
manufacture, those who resell -- a great service by organizing the BFFs.

jhit...@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Jason Thomas Hitesman) wrote:
Oh oh does this mean the BFF acutally suceeded in pushing a manufacturer
to the breaking point? Please don't let it be so..

In article <5ghv7h$j...@library.airnews.net>, lw...@airmail.net (Walter
Owens) wrote:
It wouldn't hurt when you send in your bff order (any month) to
enclose a note reminding the vendor that you're doing this because you
really like them and you appreciate their business and their products
and you are more than happy to be patient if the buying frenzy creates
a backlog that they are not prepared to deal with.

The idea is to give the little guy with the great product some
encouragement, some publicity, and some extra cash, not to force him
to work 100 hrs. a week instead of 50. In return we get a stronger,
more creative community of small vendors who provide us with great new
toys that we wouldn't get otherwise.

Walter Owens
Treat others as you would like them to treat you. Luke 6:31

16 May 1997 Jerry Irvine wrote:
>Annoy Jon Dunbar. Order from U.S. Rockets.

You know, Jerry. . . . This might just be the best reason yet to order
from you!
Alan Holmes
awho...@erols.com

Newsgroups: rec.models.rockets
From: jhit...@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Jason Thomas Hitesman)
Subject: Re: [BF] RMR Buying Frenzy
Sender: ne...@boss.cs.ohiou.edu (News Admin)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 16:59:09 GMT

In article <34882A...@bu.edu>, Mike Bellino <bel...@bu.edu> wrote:
>Jason Thomas Hitesman wrote:
>
>You mean NO ONE ever says anything controversial here? ;-)

Not while I'm around buddy. Anything even remotely controversial goes
right straight into the kill file. I just wonder why there haven't been
any messages in the past few years :)

>Well, my experience: long delays (like 6 months)
>but items did ship. Heck, I even have USR motors!
>Would I order again? Sure, but not prepaid and not
>for anything time critical.

I did have a motor (I only ordered one) but I "test fired" it and no
longer have it to prove it's existance to the non-believers.

I will also add that before I orderd I carried on lengthy e-mail
conversations with JI as to what he currently has in stock and how long it
would be untill other things would be available. Being the curious sort I
chose several kits from those he assured me were available for immediate
shipping. Sure enough when I got them the shipment dates listed were the
same as the date I sent the order is.

However, as for the motors only one that I was interested in was available
according to JI. So I ordered it. The most interesting part is the motor
truely looked like it was made quite some time ago (and was stamped with a
Mfg. date in the late 80's). Which makes me question a few things about
Tripoli Certs. The date on the motor was well before the experiation date
previous given for USR motors. Which as far as I can tells means it
should still be usable at a Tripoli launch (Since they say Mfg date is
what matters not sale date). However I would have been very surprised
indeed if I had been allowed to fly it at a Tripoli launch after the
recent letter that NO USR motors were to be allowed. Hmmm...

>> The truth is Jerry did nominate his "Fire and Forget" (Which I enjoyed
>> greatly until sticking it in some power lines) right at the start of the
>> BFF.
>
>Did you order another one? If so, did you get it yet?

I hope to order another soon. Unfortunatly my previously mentioned $$$
situation has kept me from even buying a pack of estes motors to fly some
of my small stuff. Being a broke college student sucks.

Once I have some holliday cash I plan on contacting JI though e-mail again
to discuss wether or not the F&F's are available for imediate shipment.
I they are I'll probably order two.

(Why? I loved that rocket. I Gave it a really cool paint job, upper half
flourscent orange bottom very very light grey with flourscent orange
speckles two black fins and one orange fin. And I flew it on every size
motor I had available at the time (A,B,C,D). The A flight was booring but
easily recovered in ANY field and still had enough boost to be safe. The
B flight was kinda dull but nice for small fields. The C flight started
to get interesting but could still be retreived in a small field due to
the streamer recover [BTW I used two streamers one at the NC one between
the body tubes]. The D flight rivaled my CheckSix for disapearing acts :)
but the streamer brought it down nice and close and right on some power
lines. Had it not gotten stuck the next flight would have been with the
already mentioned USR motor (an E15 IIRC) though I was seriously doubting
wether or not I'd get it back doing that :) )

>If true, then I stand corrected.

I'm not trying to make any enemies today by correcting and raising
controversy. I just don't like seeing anything or anyone falsly
represented :) (which unfortunatly drags me into far too many Mac Vs.
Pc Vs. Unix Vs. OS/2 Vs. Irix Vs. my microwave over type of discussions.
One person posts something that's flat out wrong as a fact and suddenly
I'm sucked in)

----
Jason Hitesman
http://www.osborn.com <-- My Job
http://frognet.net/~jhitesma <-- Me

==

Tell them the Buying Frenzy sent you from rec.models.rockets!

Jerry Irvine - Buying Frenzy Fad Founder (Bfff)
Tell three friends about BFF by email, fax and phone.
Let's make this frenzy a full-on mob scene!
http://www.v-serv.com/bff / Visit the page. Buy prior frenzies.
Email your votes for who YOU want next month. This is what makes BFF work!

--
Jerry Irvine, Box 1242, Claremont, California USA
Opinion, the whole thing. <mail to:01ro...@gte.net>

foxeye

Jul 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/16/00
You really should have been a comedian...? YOu promoting a buying
frenzy.seems I heard and went through one of these before, which you
started...........IIRC all but one of the vendors followed through
with their sales, and delivery, I wonder who that one was that did
not! Jerrys posts of late are like time warping back a few years,
whats the matter jerry, did you run out of new material, and you had
to go back and dig up the old............perhaps your memory is bad,
buit most of the ones here are still good..and remember your deals
very well.
On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 01:36:51 GMT, 01ro...@gte.net (Jerry Irvine)
wrote:

Foxeye

"Remove nospam to send email"
nospam...@hotmail.com
chi...@nospamhotmail.com
Foxeye don't live at ddyne.com anymore thankyou!
Just my .02 cents worth!

Robert Wiersbe

Jul 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/17/00
Jerry Irvine wrote:

> Subject: [BFF] August 2000 Buying Frenzy!!!

WHAT A CROCK!! Or should that be what a CROOK????

Didn't we used to get to vote on WHO we were going to hit with a buying frenzy
first??

And didn't we already say that we were going to give Chuck Barndt first shot??

Jerry, you are one pathetic s.o.b.

Please folks, ignore this plea for business from the crook of rmr!! Don't send
Jerry your money, save it for someone who makes really great kits, a delivers
them - like the Launch Pad!!!

Bob Wiersbe

DesertJedi

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00
Did I miss something??? Whatever happened to Jerry's (apparently earned IIRC)
pariah status??? Whatever happend to the Jerry that wrote "You won't have
Jerry Irvine to kick around anymore?" Whatever happened to Jimbo Franz
ownership of US Rockets??? Am I in some weird timewarp...will I have to
certify Level 1 again??? Can anybody fill me in??? Thanks...uh...oh, and I
think I'll stick with TLP as my personal buying frenzy choice.

Jerry Irvine

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00

Robert Wiersbe <wie...@lucent.com> wrote in message

> Jerry Irvine wrote:
> >
> > Subject: [BFF] August 2000 Buying Frenzy!!!
> >

> And didn't we already say that we were going to give Chuck Barndt first
shot??

Well just vote and your wish is my command. Start a voting frenzy. You
might recall the BFF was and always has been above reproach. Just because I
used a successful past vendor as prestated and disclosed placeholder info in
no way should be taken as any sor of slight on voting.

Jerry

Stop whining!

Jerry Irvine

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00

The idea of a Buying Frenzy!!! is for all readers here to support one

single small manufacturer each month so they get some much needed business
and we make a visible impact. So far it has worked beautifully. The next
step after ordering is to post your comments of your experiences with
ordering, building, reading, flying, peeves and possibilities! That's the
best way to really make a difference!
Please support each vendor every month by making a purchase,
large or small. Even if you do not purchase the exact products suggested,
support them.
I am so very proud of the success of the Buying Frenzy!!! so far and my
most sincere hope is that the Buying Frenzy!!! itself is not a fad. That
it will live on and grow.
Please give U.S. Rockets your vote: a check in the mail.

VOTING FOR A NEW VENDOR IS EASY

Go to the new BFF web site at http://www.v-serv.com/bff. There you can

vote for a vendor by email to be selected as a prospect for a frenzy fad.

Or post to rmr as usual. The winner will as usual be by popular vote. The
site has been set up with "temporary placeholder" candidates to see how it
will
work. These will be canged shortly of course. Due to the shortness of

time and the fact that on start-up the
first vendor always gets shortchanged, I have of course selected U.S.
Rockets during the restart phase. However in a month or so the BFF will

have started in earnest. I want to also right away start
the voting for September.

LET THE FRENZY COMMENCE!!!

Products:

Testimonials:

==

Michael Roy Hollihan

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00
Jerry Irvine wrote:

> Well just vote and your wish is my command. Start a voting frenzy.

Fine. I vote that you go away and stay away. Any other votes?

--
Michael Roy Hollihan
(Remove the NOT to REPLY)

Mr. Mike's Rumpus Room O' Science:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~hollihan
Mid-South Rocket Society Homepage:
http://msrs.mem.net

"When the government fears the people, you have liberty. When the people
fear the government, that is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

John Hattan

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00
Michael Roy Hollihan <holli...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Jerry Irvine wrote:
>>
>> Well just vote and your wish is my command. Start a voting frenzy.
>
>Fine. I vote that you go away and stay away. Any other votes?

I can't figure out why someone would alternately express his disdain for
a newsgroup (his earlier comment about RMR "pissing in its own pool")
followed immediately by advertising his products on it.

---
John Hattan Grand High UberPope - First Church of Shatnerology
jo...@thecodezone.com http://www.freespeech.org/shatner

foxeye

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
Dreaming again Jerry, you really ought to seek medical help for your
problem......

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:58:48 GMT, "Jerry Irvine" <01ro...@gte.net>
wrote:

>Robert Wiersbe <wie...@lucent.com> wrote in message
>> Jerry Irvine wrote:
>> >

>> > Subject: [BFF] August 2000 Buying Frenzy!!!
>> >

>> And didn't we already say that we were going to give Chuck Barndt first
>shot??
>
>Well just vote and your wish is my command. Start a voting frenzy. You
>might recall the BFF was and always has been above reproach. Just because I
>used a successful past vendor as prestated and disclosed placeholder info in
>no way should be taken as any sor of slight on voting.
>
>Jerry
>
>Stop whining!

Foxeye

foxeye

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
I'll second that, and my son will third it, (I will vote for that by
proxy for him as he is away for right now, and he wants his vote to
count)

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:28:26 -0500, Michael Roy Hollihan
<holli...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Jerry Irvine wrote:
>>

>> Well just vote and your wish is my command. Start a voting frenzy.
>

>Fine. I vote that you go away and stay away. Any other votes?

Foxeye

foxeye

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
Hey don't cut yourself short, look who the idiot is that these
posts pertain to.......

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:40:53 -0500, John Hattan <jo...@thecodezone.com>
wrote:

>Michael Roy Hollihan <holli...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>>Jerry Irvine wrote:
>>>
>>> Well just vote and your wish is my command. Start a voting frenzy.
>>
>>Fine. I vote that you go away and stay away. Any other votes?
>

>I can't figure out why someone would alternately express his disdain for
>a newsgroup (his earlier comment about RMR "pissing in its own pool")
>followed immediately by advertising his products on it.
>
>---
>John Hattan Grand High UberPope - First Church of Shatnerology
>jo...@thecodezone.com http://www.freespeech.org/shatner

Foxeye

David L. Wilkins

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
I second that one.. but then again I guess "Jerry just doesnt "do"
requests..."

Posted At: Wednesday, 19 July 2000 06:28
Posted To: rec.models.rockets
Conversation: [BFF] August 2000 Buying Frenzy!!!
Subject: Re: [BFF] August 2000 Buying Frenzy!!!

Jerry Irvine wrote:

> Well just vote and your wish is my command. Start a voting frenzy.

Fine. I vote that you go away and stay away. Any other votes?

Jerry Irvine

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
In article <4gq9ns0g2a00v17cm...@4ax.com>,
jo...@thecodezone.com wrote:

> Michael Roy Hollihan <holli...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

> >Jerry Irvine wrote:
> >>
> >> Well just vote and your wish is my command. Start a voting frenzy.
> >
> >Fine. I vote that you go away and stay away. Any other votes?
>

> I can't figure out why someone would alternately express his disdain for
> a newsgroup (his earlier comment about RMR "pissing in its own pool")

Threads.

One thread on cato's rantings, one on glue, one on pissing and one on the
very few positive things RMR ever did: BFF.