Which style to study?

Shelby

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
Is Kniting better then Crocheting?

Newbie1: I have been bullied several times and a friend told me the best
way to avoid it in the future is to make myself a pullover. He has
knitted one himself and would be willing to teach me.
Now I heard about crocheting and that it's even bettern than knitting.
Can you tell me which art I should take up?
I'm 160cm tall, weigh 85kg and my shoe size is 42. Which art would be
suited better for me? -Thanks for your advice.
RegularPoster1: I've knitted several pullovers myself and am very
satisfied with the results. Only recently looked into crocheting and it
also has it's merits.
I'd say, since you allready found someone who knows about the PAs, stick
with knitting. -Good luck to you!
RegularPoster2: Since you are a little heavy for your height I suggest you
start with knitting. I personally switched to crocheting several years
ago, but it's harder to learn if you have fingers like sausages. ;->
NerveRacker1: FORGET KNITTING! CROCHETING IS THE WAY TO GO. KNITTING IS
FOR LITTLE KIDS WITH NO INTENTION OF "PROOFING IT ON THE STREET."
RegularPoster3: I have to agree with RegularPoster1. They style is not
important. However I encourage you to look around a little more, before
you decide if it really is good for you to study under your friend. A
good teacher is very important.
RegularPoster4: Go read the FAQ at: http://www.pullarts.com/FAQ.html
NerveRacker2: FUCK CROCHETING! NerveRacker1, how many times do I have to
tell you that your style sucks. Grandma Jones has proofen it in the UPC
many times.
RegularPoster5: You are all wrong. The most important thing is which
material to chose. I would recommend pure sheep wool. But that's just my
opinion.
SemiregularPoster1: RegularPoster2, how can you recommend knitting???
Haven't you read his post??? He has shoe size 42, for God's sake!!!
Newbie1, listen to me. Find a good crocheting teacher near you. There's
no way around it if you want to survive in a street situation.
NerveRacker1: WE ALL KNOW THAT THE UPC IS FULL OF SHIT. IT HAS NOTHING TO
DO WITH A RL SITUATION. GET REAL! AUNTIE BESS WOULD BEAT GRANDMA JONES
ANYTIME WHEN IT COMES TO A *REAL* PULLOVER!!!
RegularPoster4: NerverRacker1, is your shift-key stuck?
IMHO, you can't even compare knitting and crocheting. It's too
different.
"What's better: knitting or crocheting?" - What a stupid question!
MosttimeLurker1: I'm ususally lurking but I have to chime in here.
What is all that talk about "street effectiveness?" I started knitting
over 20 years ago and I can tell you, it was not designed to be used in
the street.
Everyone who's thinking otherwise has not understood the art.
RegularPoster2: Semiregularposter1, I would usually agree with you. I
switched to crocheting myself 5 years ago. However, crocheting is much
harder to learn when you have no experience in the PAs, especially if
you have fat fingers.
Newbie2: Umm, just to remind you all. There are some who don't understand
the apprivations you are all using. What does PA, FAQ, UPC, IMHO, RL
mean?
SemiregularPoster2: NerveRacker1, why do you think the UPC is full of
shit? Just because Auntie Bess lost all 3 of her recent matches? I for
one enjoy watching the UPC no matter who wins.
SemiregularPoster3: I disagree with RegularPoster5. Pure sheep wool, while
good for advanced crocheters is much too heavy for beginners. I
recommend cotton.
RegularPoster4: Newbie, the apprivations are all explained in the FAQ.
Once more, the URL is: http://www.pullarts.com/FAQ.html
Regularposter3: Semiregulartposter2, just ignore the NerveRackers.
might just go away.
Regularposter5: PA = pullover arts; FAQ = frequently asked questions; UPC
= ultimate pullover challenge; IMHO = in my humble opinion; RL = real
life; HTH = hope that helps ;->
NerveRacker1: AGAIN: THE UPC HAS *NOTHING* TO DO WITH A *REAL* PULLOVER!!!
RegularPoster1: MosttimeLurker1, you think you know it all, don't you?
You've knitted for how many years? 20? And yet you have never
been in a situation where your life depended on it?
I can tell you, I started knitting only 3 years ago and allready it has
saved my life 4 (four!) times!!!
RegularPoster2, I don't know about fat fingers, but I agree with
crocheting being harder to learn. Why do you think I stayed with
knitting?
RegularPoster5: I'm talking about knitting. Sheep wool is best for
knitting.
NerveRacker1: REGULARPOSTER1 SAYS IT ALL. KNITTING IS FOR THE STUPID!!!
NerveRacker2: Crocheting is just ineffective! That's why practical ppl,
who look for street effectiveness aren't *willing* to understand it!
RegularPoster1: I didn't want to imply I was too stupid for crocheting.
It's just that I had a hard time adjusting to the totaly different
concepts of the art. I decided to concentrate on knitting.
RegularPoster4: NerveRacker1 and NerveRacker2, just wanted to inform you
that you have been added to my killfile.
SemiregularPoster3: RegularPoster5, you said the style is not important,
the material is. Now you say, you were talking about knitting. What is
right?
Newbie3: What is a killfile? Has it anything to do with pullovers?
RegularPoster3: RegularPoster4: No need to say that, it just makes them
feel important.
RegularPoster4: Newbie, killfiles are explained in the FAQ. For the last
time, it can be found at: http://www.pullarts.com/FAQ.html
RegularPoster5: I never said the style is not important. I just said the
material is more important then the style. Can you appreciate the
difference, SemiregularPoster3?
NerveRacker1: CROCHETING IS BETTER BECAUSE IT WORKS WITH *ALL* MATERIALS!!
Newbie1: Ahhhhh!
Thanks for the tips, the few that were given.
I've decided to pick up neither knitting nor crocheting. From what I've
observed, PAs don't help in avoiding bullies, they turn you into a
bully.
And btw, I'm not fat!
NerveRacker1: YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO STUPID FOR CROCHETING ANYWAY!!!
RegularPoster2: Now, you have driven him away!
RegularPoster4: And good ridance, too. He never even bothered to read the
FAQ.
NerveRacker2: KNITTING RULES!
RegularPoster3: Ahm, RegularPoster4, these were all different Newbies.
RegularPoster5: He should have tried sheep wool.
RegularPoster1: Maybe I should look into crocheting once more? Do you
think I could gain anything from cross-trainig in both arts?

...and so on

Shelby ;->
--

@=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
What is more important to mankind than peace?

Bill Pringle

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98

Shelby wrote in message <6utid2$4...@cantine.wu-wien.ac.at>...

>Is Kniting better then Crocheting?

[snip a very well done parady of a typical thread]

Bravo! Great job.

Bill Pringle

M. S. Scott

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
Shelby wrote:

> Is Kniting better then Crocheting?

SNIP

Uh.. funny. I can only wonder at what sort of person would spend this amount
of time typing a spoof this long. Funny tho. Haha.

OJ Sloan

Sep 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/30/98
In article <6utid2$4...@cantine.wu-wien.ac.at>,
h930...@falbala.wu-wien.ac.at (Shelby) wrote:

> Is Kniting better then Crocheting?

>snipped

But sewing is really better than all your suggestions as you can acheive A
HIGHER STANDARD
of uniformity. A friend of mine told me his daughter is a MASTER
SEAMSTRESS and she is
ONLY 9 years old! And don't tell me that it only works at home with a
SEWING machine that it
doesn't really work like that in the STREETS, I have heard it all before.

GRANIES FEAR THESE TECHNIQUES:

http://www.taunton.com/th/admin/techniques.htm

OJ - Master Seamster
Master Tartan
4th Jan Knitter
Bluebonnet Crochet'

--
And thats all I have to say about that....

Johnny Kincaide

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98

Shelby wrote:

Headcase1: KNITTERS AND CROCHETERS STILL TREMBLING IN FEAR FROM WEAVING
MASTERS!
MosttimeLurker2: Yeah, but what good is knitting OR crocheting against my
sewing machine?

----------------
Visit my homepage at:
http://craftyarncouncil.com/questions.html

Cloth...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
In article <6utid2$4...@cantine.wu-wien.ac.at>,
h930...@falbala.wu-wien.ac.at (Shelby) wrote:
> Is Kniting better then Crocheting?
>
> Newbie1: I have been bullied several times and a friend told me the best
> way to avoid it in the future is to make myself a pullover. He has
> knitted one himself and would be willing to teach me.
> Now I heard about crocheting and that it's even bettern than knitting.
> Can you tell me which art I should take up?
> I'm 160cm tall, weigh 85kg and my shoe size is 42. Which art would be
> suited better for me? -Thanks for your advice.
>...snip...

ROTFLMAO!!!

Outstanding, Shelby, simply outstanding!!!

Richard T. Breeze ll

Oct 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/4/98
GODDAMN IT...what about weaving. Weavers rule, baby!!!

Shelby <h930...@falbala.wu-wien.ac.at> wrote in article
<6utid2$4...@cantine.wu-wien.ac.at>...