Muay Thai?

Dan Winsor

Jun 2, 2010, 7:43:04 AM6/2/10
Ever heard of this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6rKVVL1KEI

Does he have any real Muay Thai in his background? Smells like stage
wushu to me...

--
Dan Winsor

Soy un poco loco en el coco.

The dog from that film you saw

Jun 2, 2010, 11:49:04 AM6/2/10

"Dan Winsor" <dan.w...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Ever heard of this guy?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6rKVVL1KEI
>
> Does he have any real Muay Thai in his background? Smells like stage
> wushu to me...

he's an actor - check out ong bak - it's great.

--
Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....
http://dsbdsb.mybrute.com
you fight better when you have a bear!

Wannabe

Jun 2, 2010, 12:39:02 PM6/2/10

"The dog from that film you saw" <d...@removethisbitbtinternet.com>
wrote in message news:86ncrl...@mid.individual.net...

> "Dan Winsor" <dan.w...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ever heard of this guy?
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6rKVVL1KEI
>>
>> Does he have any real Muay Thai in his background? Smells like stage
>> wushu to me...
>

> he's an actor - check out ong bak - it's great.

Tony Jaa is the "Bruce Lee" of Thailand. Some of the moves he
demonstrated are well know Muay Thai fundamental techniques.

Muay Thai excels in kicking. Their hand-techniques are not very
impressive.

The Muay Thai "Major" and "Minor" Techniques:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnw3MXRahpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqUubRn-chs

YumYumPandaburger

Jun 7, 2010, 3:33:56 AM6/7/10
On 2 jun, 18:39, Wannabe <wannabesomeoneca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "The dog from that film you saw" <d...@removethisbitbtinternet.com>
> wrote in messagenews:86ncrl...@mid.individual.net...
>

> > "Dan Winsor" <dan.win...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Ever heard of this guy?
>
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6rKVVL1KEI
>
> >> Does he have any real Muay Thai in his background?  Smells like stage
> >> wushu to me...
>
> > he's an actor - check out ong bak - it's great.
>
> Tony Jaa is the "Bruce Lee" of Thailand. Some of the moves he
> demonstrated are well know Muay Thai fundamental techniques.
>
> Muay Thai excels in kicking. Their hand-techniques are not very
> impressive.

get your kungfu ass in the ring then, I'm sure you can pound them out
on their feet before they get a kick in

Greendistantstar

Jun 7, 2010, 5:57:23 AM6/7/10

KF dudes have been going to Thailand for decades, getting their asses comprehensively kicked.

I have an interesting doco about the British entrepeneur who set up numerous visits during the 70s
and 80s. He concludes that KF'ers, unlike their Thai counterparts, were simply not used to getting
hit on the head, hard.

Muay Thai guys are some of the hardest martial artists on the planet.

GDS

"Let's roll!"

YumYumPandaburger

Jun 7, 2010, 9:41:49 AM6/7/10
On 7 jun, 11:57, Greendistantstar <Greendistants...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

and in contrast to most Kung Fools they use techniques that are
proven, instead of just theory.