More WC and Grappling?

Badger_s

Nov 26, 2006, 11:47:17 AM11/26/06

Interesting that this bit is included in Gutierrez's series as a pro-WC
piece. Notice how the grappler guy easily sweeps Victor time and time
again:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fRbnvGDyPKI

To 'prove' Victor's style, the grappler has to stop and lie back and let
Gutierrez pretend to hit him.

The_NEW_AND_IMPROVED_Dimi

Nov 26, 2006, 12:18:53 PM11/26/06

Which one's the grappler? The guy in the red shirt?

He was ok?

ordo...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2006, 12:19:34 PM11/26/06

Badger_s wrote:

Fiddler on the roof: "What is tradition? Where does it come from? No
one knows"

"Wisdom" is a comfort zone you get into where you never have to do or
learn anything new leading to "where there is a will there is a wont".
One must carry on the tradition of 10,000 year old fighting principles
handed down from tree lichen on principle. All else being equal its to
fags rolling around grabbing each others nuts. Except thats not
STRUCTURE. Nothing in wing chuns forms allows any of that sillyness.
Forget principles, structure is principle. You have to stay in
structure or your not principled. You cant forget the rules and say,
sure all martial arts are equal but this is just a great excuse not to
learn how to fight. There isnt a infinite multiplicity of ideas and
principles. The human body only works certain ways. How many
different kinds of levers are there? How many kinds of fulcrums? How
many types of doorknobs are there? Its just a question not of the
variation of the sequence of postures in a form but what was taken out.
Wing chun trys to be "economy of movement" by eliminating "superfulous
shaolin stances" stances which move the qi and develop the jing force
in certain ways. Why cant you learn shaolin and fight like a boxer?
Its what they seem to think they can do. Get the energy of yoga kung
fu and when you hit a guy its a palm or fist on the end of your arm
going in and out. Why try and sound intelligent with principle based
bullshit. Bruce lee refined what he thought was superfulous from
martial arts but he was never taught the real meaning of those stances.
Its jump of reason for other people to use HIS way as an example of
what you should do when you feel overwhelmed that your hallowed fantasy
world principles are threatened by invasions from reality. Thats when
you cover up or start doing windmill blocks or the lying bicycle petal
kicks or other defensive reaction.

ordo...@gmail.com

BTW@

Dec 5, 2006, 2:22:09 AM12/5/06
So...in English, you're saying?

trav...@aol.com

Dec 5, 2006, 12:24:54 PM12/5/06

Good lord, this shit is awful.

Truth be told, in their practice, they are actually stumbling upon BJJ
techniques, such as the omoplata and the upa mount escape and the
omoplata escape by the spin.

However...they fancy that they are fking some kind of wizards and shit
with this stuff, oh look what we have, and fail to realize that these
maneuvers are elementary portions of any subgrappling repetoire. He
should have an average white belt try to hold mount on him instead of
assuming that he can just sloppy bridge someone off. Your shit doesn't
really "work" if you need to have a scrub to use it against.

There's a mfing reason MMA guys under mount roll over a lot and/or grab
and hug and bump and stuff like that. It's because people aren't easy
to just dismount by force with a stupid roll, especially while they are
raining down nonstop punches and elbows with their knees up in your
armpits. And, you know if you put your hands up to their biceps, you
are begging to have an arm broken. There are just so many things that
these wing cunters don't even know that they don't know, but their
arrogance spills over off the screen unmistakably.

Trav

Badger_s

Dec 5, 2006, 12:41:46 PM12/5/06
On 5 Dec 2006 09:24:54 -0800, "trav...@aol.cominyrface"
<trav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Badger_s wrote:
>> Interesting that this bit is included in Gutierrez's series as a pro-WC
>> piece. Notice how the grappler guy easily sweeps Victor time and time
>> again:
>>
>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=fRbnvGDyPKI
>>
>> To 'prove' Victor's style, the grappler has to stop and lie back and let
>> Gutierrez pretend to hit him.
>
>Good lord, this shit is awful.
>
>Truth be told, in their practice, they are actually stumbling upon BJJ
>techniques, such as the omoplata and the upa mount escape and the
>omoplata escape by the spin.

I think they stole them directly from BJJ. There was nothing like this in
WC/VT prior to 1993. Very clever of them. However they don't roll, so these
moves are not functionalized. They won't get them under stress.

-B

Aristeia

Dec 5, 2006, 1:22:39 PM12/5/06

Badger_s wrote:
.

> I think they stole them directly from BJJ. There was nothing like this in
> WC/VT prior to 1993. Very clever of them. However they don't roll, so these
> moves are not functionalized. They won't get them under stress.
>
> -B

That's possible. But it's also possible that they weren't even thinking
about ground before 93 so it's taken 10-12 years for them to start
putting stuff together and stumble across stuff that you'd see in the
BJJ cirriculum. You'd think if they'd stolen it direct, they would be
doing a better version.