Jamie Oliver's knives

Luka

Nov 9, 2003, 2:48:43 PM11/9/03
I want to know what brand of knife, and possibly a model, Jamie Oliver is
using on his "Naked Chef" TV series. I believe it's the one that has a
symbol on its right-blade-side, a symbol like a little black figure of a man
(I think?) with arms and legs spread. Please, please help me with and kind
of info. Do you know of any brands he's using. Thank you!

Luka

brian w edginton

Nov 9, 2003, 4:39:40 PM11/9/03

Haven't seen the show...but Henckels used touse TWO men with arms and
legs akimbo. I think they might, again, now.

brianWE
God hasn't spoken to me in ages.
Do you think I should get off the medication?

PLB49

Nov 9, 2003, 5:34:05 PM11/9/03

>Haven't seen the show...but Henckels used touse TWO men with arms and
>legs akimbo.

The lower end Henckels use a single such figure--

Paul B.

SPECOPS

Nov 9, 2003, 5:12:46 PM11/9/03
Sounds like a Henckels to me.
SPECOPS.

"Luka" <edg...@globalnet.hr> wrote in message

Carl.

Nov 9, 2003, 5:49:56 PM11/9/03
"brian w edginton" <ed...@REMOVETHISbigpond.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:48:43 +0100, "Luka" <edg...@globalnet.hr> wrote:
>
> >I want to know what brand of knife, and possibly a model, Jamie Oliver is
> >using on his "Naked Chef" TV series. I believe it's the one that has a
> >symbol on its right-blade-side, a symbol like a little black figure of a
man
> >(I think?) with arms and legs spread. Please, please help me with and
kind
> >of info. Do you know of any brands he's using. Thank you!
> >
> >Luka
> >

> Haven't seen the show...but Henckels used touse TWO men with arms and
> legs akimbo. I think they might, again, now.

They still do, but it depends on which series.

---
Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Kali

Nov 10, 2003, 1:57:03 AM11/10/03
Are you sure it wasn't the Wusthof trident you're thinking of?

An episode aired last week (Australia) in which he went to buy new knives.
I'm almost sure they were Wusthof and he purchased the bread, paring,
vegetable and what looked to be the 12 inch chef's knife. I wish I'd been
paying more attention, now...

As a last gasp, try sending an email to webm...@jamieoliver.net and see
what happens.

Cheers!

- Kali

"PLB49" <pl...@aol.com> wrote in message

Tom Xulliton

Nov 12, 2003, 12:42:25 AM11/12/03

I remember noticing what he was using last time I saw an "Oliver's
Twist" episode, but I've reached the point where the recognition is
almost below conscious recall. Popular TV chefs who don't have their
own endorsed cookware/cutlery line often still benefit from product
placement. You'll often see a variety of knives rotate through their
kitchen/studio in the course of a series. For example the first place I
remember seeing the very cool Kai Shun stuff was on an episode of Lidia
Matticchio Bastianich's show on PBS, but it disappear again shortly
thereafter.

A single "jumping jacks" stick figure logo would be low end Henckel's
stuff, but it'd be easy to confuse that with Wusthof's trident logo.

Luka

Nov 12, 2003, 3:02:52 AM11/12/03

"Tom Xulliton" <cNuOlSlPiAtMo!n...@attbi.com> wrote in message

Thank you Tom. Actually, I've been watching Jamie Oliver's show for about
two or more seasons now and I think I can say that I've probably never seen
him using other knife then the one I described.
As for Wusthof's trident...can you please direct me to the web page in their
site (or other site) that shows the model you are talking about? Thank you.

Luka

Jarmo Louet

Nov 13, 2003, 2:17:23 AM11/13/03

Can't say about the Naked Chef series, but I watched an episode of
Oliver's Twist just yesterday, where he paused in the middle of
chopping potatoes and I got a really good look at the knife. It's
definitely a Henckels with two RED stick figures side by side. Might
not be the same knife you are looking for.

I'm not a Henckels expert, so I can't say which model. Looks like ProS
series, the handle is black with 3 rivets. The blade was something
like 20 cm (8 in.) long, but not as wide as in the full-sized cook's
knife, I think. Only about 3 cm (1 in.) or so.

Hope this helps,

Jarmo Louet

P.s. Sorry to barge in out the blue, by the way. I've been reading
this newsgroup for a while, but this is my first contribution.

Tom Xulliton

Nov 13, 2003, 2:18:44 AM11/13/03
chefscatalog.com or maybe www.cooking.com/products/cutlery.asp should
have examples of both logos.

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:02:52 +0100 "Luka" <edg...@globalnet.hr> wrote:

> "Tom Xulliton" <cNuOlSlPiAtMo!n...@attbi.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:48:43 +0100 "Luka" <edg...@globalnet.hr> wrote:
> > > I want to know what brand of knife, and possibly a model, Jamie Oliver
> is
> > > using on his "Naked Chef" TV series. I believe it's the one that has a
> > > symbol on its right-blade-side, a symbol like a little black figure of a
> man
> > > (I think?) with arms and legs spread. Please, please help me with and
> kind
> > > of info. Do you know of any brands he's using. Thank you!
> > >
> > > Luka

> > A single "jumping jacks" stick figure logo would be low end Henckel's

> > stuff, but it'd be easy to confuse that with Wusthof's trident logo.

cheza

Nov 13, 2003, 11:48:55 AM11/13/03
jarmo...@mbnet.fi (Jarmo Louet) wrote in message news:<3fb32bd...@news.mbnet.fi>...

> On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:48:43 +0100, "Luka" <edg...@globalnet.hr> wrote:
>
> >I want to know what brand of knife, and possibly a model, Jamie Oliver is
> >using on his "Naked Chef" TV series. I believe it's the one that has a
> >symbol on its right-blade-side, a symbol like a little black figure of a man
> >(I think?) with arms and legs spread. Please, please help me with and kind
> >of info. Do you know of any brands he's using. Thank you!
>
> Can't say about the Naked Chef series, but I watched an episode of
> Oliver's Twist just yesterday, where he paused in the middle of
> chopping potatoes and I got a really good look at the knife. It's
> definitely a Henckels with two RED stick figures side by side. Might
> not be the same knife you are looking for.

These Knifes sound really good where can i purchase them from i havent
seen the searies my self but am looking for a knew set of knifes

Tom Xulliton

Nov 14, 2003, 10:16:26 AM11/14/03
the least recommended brand.

Kit Lewis

Nov 17, 2003, 4:23:21 PM11/17/03

"Luka" <edg...@globalnet.hr> wrote in message
> I want to know what brand of knife, and possibly a model, Jamie Oliver is
> using on his "Naked Chef" TV series.

I don't know what knives that irritating mockney twit uses, but I hope he
impales himself on one of them soon.
Is there anyone more irritating on TV? (other than Nigella Lawson).

Regards

Kit Lewis

---