aoxomoxoa?

Alfred Schwarz

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95
Hello there!

After I've read the expression "aoxomoxoa" a few times within this
newsgroup, I'd like to ask about its meaning. Can anyone explain, please?

Cheerio,
Fredl.

Chuck van Eekelen

Jul 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/22/95
Alfred_...@a-w.maus.de (Alfred Schwarz) wrote:

>Hello there!

Whoahhhhhh ! Finally someone brave enough to publically ask THE
question. I'm kind of curious myself.

greetinx,

Chuck

If what goes up must come down, is this good news for kitefliers ?

dick barnes

Jul 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/23/95

>Alfred_...@a-w.maus.de (Alfred Schwarz) wrote:
>
>>Hello there!
>
>>After I've read the expression "aoxomoxoa" a few times within this
>>newsgroup, I'd like to ask about its meaning. Can anyone explain,
please?

Hey, I've got a video tape of Roger Whittaker doing aoxomoxoa..

dick barnes
in the village

Emiel Stroeve

Jul 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/23/95
In article <199507201...@a-w.maus.de>,

Alfred_...@a-w.maus.de (Alfred Schwarz) wrote:
>Hello there!
>
>After I've read the expression "aoxomoxoa" a few times within this
>newsgroup, I'd like to ask about its meaning. Can anyone explain, please?
>
>Cheerio,
>Fredl.

Last januari there was a similar question, my conclusion was that it must
be a mix of the following:

- A Greatful Dead album;
- The Holy Grail of kiting;
- Mediteranean fruit fly;
- Double-secret handshake and trick dancestep;
- A mongoose that resides in the Hawaiian Islands that
feeds on psychodelic mushrooms that grow on fresh cow dung;
- A palindrome;
- The Eskimo word for toe jam;
- lots more.

I wonder when you should the phrase.....

hoi,

Emiel

Kiteyak

Jul 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/30/95
Aoxomoxoa was indeed a Grateful Dead album of the early '70s; with a very
psychedelic cover done by Ric Griffin to complement the music... Dean
Jordan's kites have the word on them as well, so it must mean something.
Beats the hell out of me what, though!
Yak

Andrew Beattie

Aug 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/1/95
AoxomoxoA

If you fly stunt kites to win competitions, you won't understand, but if
you fly to give pleasure and entertain the audience, you might find AoxomoxoA

If tangled lines are an irritating frustration, you won't understand, but
if you find untangling relaxing and theraputic, you might find AoxomoxoA

If you buy rare and expensive kites and hang them on the wall, you won't
understand, but if risk hand-painted washi-paper kites in the elements,
you might find AoxomoxoA

If you're struggling to be the fastest buggier in the country, you won't
understand, but if you dream of buggying across dry lakes in the gentle
zephers at 2am, you might find AoxomoxoA

If you build your own kites to save money, you won't understand, but if
you sew to try new ideas, you might find AoxomoxoA

If you wouldn't lend your kite to a stranger, you wouldn't understand, but
if you're ready to loose or destroy anything you fly, you might find
AoxomoxoA

If you enjoy buzzing noisy stunters on the beach, you wouldn't understand,
but if you've found the pleasure of a simple, reliable single-line delta,
you might find AoxomoxoA

AoxomoxoA

Andrew
--
New to rec.kites? START HERE! | To: w...@kfs.org
send an email message like this->| Subject: service

Emiel Stroeve

Aug 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/2/95
and...@tug.com (Andrew Beattie) wrote:

>AoxomoxoA

>If you fly stunt kites to win competitions, you won't understand, but if
>you fly to give pleasure and entertain the audience, you might find AoxomoxoA

>If tangled lines are an irritating frustration, you won't understand, but
>if you find untangling relaxing and theraputic, you might find AoxomoxoA

>If you buy rare and expensive kites and hang them on the wall, you won't
>understand, but if risk hand-painted washi-paper kites in the elements,
>you might find AoxomoxoA

>If you're struggling to be the fastest buggier in the country, you won't
>understand, but if you dream of buggying across dry lakes in the gentle
>zephers at 2am, you might find AoxomoxoA

>If you build your own kites to save money, you won't understand, but if
>you sew to try new ideas, you might find AoxomoxoA

>If you wouldn't lend your kite to a stranger, you wouldn't understand, but
>if you're ready to loose or destroy anything you fly, you might find
>AoxomoxoA

>If you enjoy buzzing noisy stunters on the beach, you wouldn't understand,
>but if you've found the pleasure of a simple, reliable single-line delta,
>you might find AoxomoxoA

>AoxomoxoA

>Andrew

I knew it should be something like this !

aoxomoxoa
Emiel

Marty Sasaki

Aug 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/2/95
From: "Rodger Duffett" <ROD...@ray.uct.ac.za>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 07:43:02 SAST-2
Subject: Re: aoxomoxoa?

Table Bay lies enfolded by mountain and beach at the foot
of Table Mountain, Cape Town. The sea is often aggresive
and loud, pounding the rocky shores and storming the
beaches but yesterday it lay peacefully, hardly moving as
the sun crept westward. The fragments of grass trickling
through my fingers drifted indecisively to the ground.
Maybe there was a slight breeze - south east. I would have
to move quicker toward the shore than toward the land. Time
to fetch the kite - a 10 foot Icarex stunter framed in
5P that I have been working on. Code named "Critical Mass"
it is an experiment in a cambered sail that I have been
busy with for the last few months.

I set the kite up and walk back 25m as the lines unwind.
Check for left and right and a give a good solid tug. The
kite leaps into the air and glides gracefully down toward
me. Whoa! Gently now - a slow hand and a gentle touch is
needed. Walk back to the kite and set it up again with
some minor adjustments to the bridle. This time a slow,
gentle and steady pull sees the kite rise upward.

Into the first 360 and yes as the kite moves across the
seaward horison it senses the tiniest of breezes and feels
a wee bit more positive. Into a set of square turns and
back out to the opposite 360...

As the sun sinks to the horison the clouds turn red and now
the kite tracks across a sky that has become a blood red
furnace, frozen and silent as if each cloudy flame had
stopped to let the world see its passing detail. Still, the
ocean is quiet... soon it will be dark.

AoxomoxoA

Rodger Duffett Internet Address: rod...@ray.uct.ac.za
Dept. Radiation Oncology Telephone : +2721 404 3135
Radiobiology Section University of Cape Town
Groote Schuur Hospital South Africa

AhClem0013

Aug 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/2/95
In article <1995080217...@endor.harvard.edu>, m...@das.harvard.edu
(Marty Sasaki) writes:

>Table Bay lies enfolded by mountain and beach at the foot
>of Table Mountain, Cape Town.

>As the sun sinks to the horison the clouds turn red and now
>the kite tracks across a sky that has become a blood red
>furnace, frozen and silent as if each cloudy flame had
>stopped to let the world see its passing detail. Still, the
>ocean is quiet... soon it will be dark.

You are There.

i really mean it. . . i do

some more oa

Dan Rubesh

Aug 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/4/95
In article <3vn5m3$j...@news.euro.net>, Emiel Stroeve <mi...@knoware.nl> wrote:
>and...@tug.com (Andrew Beattie) wrote:
>
>>AoxomoxoA

[many great concepts deleted so this brain-dead newsreader will let me post]

>>If you're struggling to be the fastest buggier in the country, you won't
>>understand, but if you dream of buggying across dry lakes in the gentle
>>zephers at 2am, you might find AoxomoxoA

>>If you enjoy buzzing noisy stunters on the beach, you wouldn't understand,

>>but if you've found the pleasure of a simple, reliable single-line delta,
>>you might find AoxomoxoA
>
>>AoxomoxoA
>
>>Andrew
>
>I knew it should be something like this !
>
>aoxomoxoa
>Emiel

When you're night buggying on the dry lakebed under a 3/4 moon, just
enough light to see the other bags in the sky, your wheels crunching in
the relative silence, you hear a whoosh of another kite overtaking you a
little ways upwind, and hear Corey cackle on the way by, you _have_ found
AoxomoxoA!!

One of the places AoxomoxoA lives is among the whispering tie-downs at
Walt's Cove, El Mirage Dry Lake...

!
!
--