5 balls...kind of...okay not really

Zoinkid

Jan 12, 2006, 10:17:04 AM1/12/06
I definitely just did more than 5 catches, so it wasn't a flash. But I
don't think I quite made it to a qualify (10 catches?). So I thought i'd
make a thread about it. I'm quite tempted to add all my catches here in
new posts:
a) Annoying everyone
and
b) Raising my postcount.
Or not.

The Void

Jan 12, 2006, 11:38:43 AM1/12/06
Zoinkid wrote:
> I definitely just did more than 5 catches, so it wasn't a flash. But I
> don't think I quite made it to a qualify (10 catches?). So I thought i'd
> make a thread about it. I'm quite tempted to add all my catches here in
> new posts:
> a) Annoying everyone
> and
> b) Raising my postcount.
> Or not.

That's what bogleg's for.
Then we can ignore you there instead of here ;-)

Good luck, and make sure you read Boppo's numbers notes in the IJDb
Articles section.

The Void
Got a little Johnny Cash on the old tape deck.....

Little Paul

Jan 12, 2006, 11:35:53 AM1/12/06
On 2006-01-12, Zoinkid <zoin...@hotmail.com.nospam> wrote:
> I definitely just did more than 5 catches, so it wasn't a flash. But I
> don't think I quite made it to a qualify (10 catches?). So I thought i'd
> make a thread about it.

Fair enough, everyone else seems to.

> I'm quite tempted to add all my catches here in
> new posts:

Fair enough, everyone else seems to.

> a) Annoying everyone

Fair enough, Nerd and Dr Jerry seem to.

> b) Raising my postcount.

Fair enough, I seem to.

-Paul
OBJuggle: I got 15 catches of ball on stick with clubs on monday, but
I've now hurt some sort of tendony thing in the back of my hand so I've
had to stop for a bit. Bugger.

Adam

Jan 12, 2006, 12:24:01 PM1/12/06

Little Paul wrote:

> OBJuggle: I got 15 catches of ball on stick with clubs on monday, but
> I've now hurt some sort of tendony thing in the back of my hand so I've
> had to stop for a bit. Bugger.

What is "ball on stick with clubs?"

Adam

Little Paul

Jan 12, 2006, 12:39:13 PM1/12/06

Spin a ball on your finger, transfer it to the end of a six foot long
"pointed stick", transfer the lot to a chin ballance, and then juggle 3
clubs.

See
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/charles.hull1/bungay05/img01600.html
http://www.juggle.me.uk/sets/bungay_2005/pics_25.html
http://void.moleseyjugglers.co.uk/tlmb/BBU6/pages/page_17.html
http://www.tlmb.net/BBU/Gordon/pages/page_23.html
and
http://www.tlmb.net/BBU/Rob/pages/page_3.html

For photos of people that can do it better than me.

-Paul
Sorry. I don't know how to describe that in beatmap.

Jay Linn

Jan 12, 2006, 12:34:06 PM1/12/06
Adam wrote:

> What is "ball on stick with clubs?"

Aka "The Bungay Trick", but you'll have to go to Bungay convention to
find out, 'cos it's super secret in muggle world.

--
Jay Linn

All your vases are belong to us

Jay Linn

Jan 12, 2006, 12:45:40 PM1/12/06
Little Paul wrote:

> Spin a ball on your finger ...

Well you sure blew *that* secret :)

adremeaux

Jan 12, 2006, 1:25:14 PM1/12/06

Zoinkid wrote:
> b) Raising my postcount.

There's not really a postcount here, per se. This is usenet, not a
forum. Unless you are like Paul (and me too of course) and log in to
some usenet data collection service [1] to prove to yourself how
superior you are (at posting) than everyone else.

-andy
[1] http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/ReportCard.aspx [2]
[2] Didn't there used to be some thing on jugglingdb that had the same
info?

Adam

Jan 12, 2006, 1:48:29 PM1/12/06

Little Paul wrote:

> http://www.tlmb.net/BBU/Rob/pages/page_3.html
>
> For photos of people that can do it better than me.
>
> -Paul

Ha ha. Yea, I caught that.

Adam

Rory Parle

Jan 12, 2006, 2:02:58 PM1/12/06

Yes. Every poster's name is linked to their profile page in the IJDb
rec.juggling interface. Strangely, looking at my post count
(<http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/profile.php?Name=Rory+Parle>), I'm
sandwiched between Jani Kyllonen (40) and Jani Kyllönen (42).

--
Rory Parle
http://www.soylentred.net/

Jani Kyllönen

Jan 12, 2006, 2:51:14 PM1/12/06

It's just me and my evil alter ego battling things out. When I was at
university, there was this third guy called Jani Ilari Kyllönen as well.

If I was sandwiched between us (please don't tell Finnish tabloids about
this), I would be very worried, very worried indeed.

ObJuggle: Three club backcrosses... I begin to think that all the videos
I have seen with backcrosses are trick filmed. I just can't do it. It's
impossible for me.

jani

Rory Parle

Jan 12, 2006, 3:09:31 PM1/12/06
Jani Kyllönen wrote:

> ObJuggle: Three club backcrosses... I begin to think that all the videos
> I have seen with backcrosses are trick filmed. I just can't do it. It's
> impossible for me.

I can do them continuously with my right hand for maybe 10 or 12 catches
(i.e. five or six back-crosses plus the other throws). I can do them
every second left-hand throw for a while too. I decided nearly a year
ago that I would have the pattern solid within weeks. So much for that plan.

J Craggs

Jan 12, 2006, 4:58:41 PM1/12/06
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:51:14 +0200, Jani Kyllönen
<firs...@fakiiriliitto.com> wrote:

>>> There's not really a postcount here, per se. This is usenet, not a
>>> forum. Unless you are like Paul (and me too of course) and log in to
>>> some usenet data collection service [1] to prove to yourself how
>>> superior you are (at posting) than everyone else.
>>>
>>> -andy
>>> [1] http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/ReportCard.aspx [2]

In a moment of pure geekiness I checked out the
above. Frightening ;-)

Gyppo
John Craggs - Writer - Adult Tutor - Storyteller
and All-Round Rogue
Need a laugh? Then subscribe to the free Monday Silly Digest:
mail to: gyp...@ntlworld.com With 'MSD SUB' as subject.

rdiss

Jan 12, 2006, 8:11:28 PM1/12/06

Personally, I'm glad to see there's someone else who wasn't born juggling
five balls, and might actually have to work at it.

I've been plateaued at about 7 or 8 catches for quite some time now. My
plan was to qualify five by the end of the year (2005). Ah, well. Then
2006, definitely.

Good luck to you,

-bd

Duhig

Jan 12, 2006, 9:22:12 PM1/12/06
wrote:

its just practise - i got it (about 10 catches) within about 3 weeks
(about 2 hours practise every day). it was nowhere near solid but i got
there in the end. one tip: learn in DOUBLE SPINS if you arent already,
after youve perfected doubles then progress to singles.

with 5 ball backcrosses im progressing 50 times slower than 3 club
backcrosses... man its aggrivating.

Jani Kyllönen

Jan 13, 2006, 1:28:18 AM1/13/06
J Craggs wrote:

> In a moment of pure geekiness I checked out the
> above. Frightening ;-)

Erm... I most definitely did not post that. I haven't even looked at it
and would probably not understand it if I did.

Back to your normal rec.juggling broadcast in 5..4..3..2..1..

jani

xfirebladex

Jan 13, 2006, 4:36:51 AM1/13/06

Nah, none of that. I'm quite proud of my post counts. I'm edging up the
rankings. Of course I'll need to post lots more random stuff to bring it
up into the top ten I think. Of course, I don't think anyone on here or
diabolo.ca post nearly as manically as some forums I've seen. My little
brother per se has managed to post over 3000 posts over a few forums since
September 2005. That's a lil obsessive I feel...

Chiok

www.gravityvomit.co.uk
Objuggle: Managed to beat my 5 ball personal best with 33 catches. I
stopped there and didn't juggle for the rest of the day. And backcrosses
are impossible.