Leeds Convention 09

Alice

Nov 24, 2008, 12:24:40 PM11/24/08
Less than 2 weeks to go
The students have taken over the convention this year and seem to have
everyhting pretty much organsed. Same place( University sports hall) same
time 10am-ish, usual stuff.
Despite the fact that we broke their water heater last year the lovely
sports hall staff have promised to lend us their new one for tea and
coffee so bring a cup.
Anyone who is looking for crash space can pre register for this if you
want,look at the links on "events" and send Tom and the boys an email.
It nearly being the season of giving a secret santa gift giving
extravaganza is to happen, maximum cost £2, gifts to be exchanged in an,as
yet, undecided manner( I favour a toss-up) .
After being put in charge of the weather last year Tif and Eek have been
sacked and Alaistair and Josh have promised to provide wall to wall
sunshine and unseasonably warm weather.
see you on the 6th
alice( on behalf of LUUCS and Hullabaloo)

jamesfrancis

Nov 24, 2008, 2:04:45 PM11/24/08

are there going to be dohnuts? otherwise i'm not coming :]

James

Adrian Pole

Nov 24, 2008, 2:10:08 PM11/24/08
I may be coming, for it's two days before my birthday. maybe.

Alice

Nov 24, 2008, 2:42:12 PM11/24/08
Not sure about that, there was a feeling that the donuts may have run
their course, and the students of today don't seem to do unhealthy living
as much as I remember from my youth.

jamesfrancis

Nov 24, 2008, 2:48:05 PM11/24/08

Lazy no good students! grrr!

I may have to come anyway (just to give them a piece of my mind)

James

Danny Colyer

Nov 24, 2008, 2:51:10 PM11/24/08
On 24/11/2008 17:24, Alice wrote:
> Less than 2 weeks to go

Wouldn't that make it Leeds Convention 08, then?

--
Danny Colyer <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
"The plural of anecdote is not data" - Frank Kotsonis

Matthew Tiffany

Nov 25, 2008, 5:06:29 AM11/25/08

yes, sorry about the weather, we really got it wrong last year.
tiff
xx

brynbobaggins

Nov 25, 2008, 6:43:04 AM11/25/08
Do you know if there is going to be a show, and if so where and when it is?

Colin E.

Nov 25, 2008, 7:15:12 AM11/25/08

> Alice wrote:
> >
> > "Leeds Convention 09"

> > Less than 2 weeks to go

Wow - if it's two weeks until '09, I really had better get started with my
Christmas shopping!

> > are there going to be dohnuts? otherwise i'm not coming :]
> >
> > James
> >
> Not sure about that, there was a feeling that the donuts may have run
> their course, and the students of today don't seem to do unhealthy living
> as much as I remember from my youth.

I think it is pretty amazing that the doughnut gimmick has run for so
long. When we put together the first Leeds Convention in '98 the date was
around Easter, so having an Eggstravaganza was an obvious gimmick. The
year after we were stuck for sensible ideas, after lubricating our brains
with alcohol, the doughnut idea was born. I do recall when someone
collected our first batch of nearly half-a-thousand doughnuts from
Morrisons, that this might have been an idea that was best left behind in
the pub!

Hope you all have fun at Leeds '08, unfortunately I cannot make it - I am
heading off to Copenhagen for a few days on that date :-(

Regards,
Colin E.

Alice

Nov 25, 2008, 8:41:31 AM11/25/08
brynbobaggins wrote:

> Do you know if there is going to be a show, and if so where and when it is?
>

>Obviously I meant 08 ! its been a really busy time at work lately!

yes there is a show, not sure when its starting exactly usually around
7ish.
who knows, ask the students!

AndyN

Nov 28, 2008, 6:17:17 PM11/28/08

"Alice" <alicej...@yahoo.co.uk.nospam.com> wrote in message

> brynbobaggins wrote:
>>
>> Do you know if there is going to be a show, and if so where and when it
>> is?
>>

>>Obviously I meant 08 ! its been a really busy time at work lately!
>
> yes there is a show, not sure when its starting exactly usually around
> 7ish.
> who knows, ask the students!

Can one of the students confirm if there is a show? The Facebook page says
the convention ends at 5:30pm. For me the show is normally the highlight of
the day, it would be a strange convention to be at without a show.... And
home before 7pm....

Andy

Snakeboard Mart

Nov 29, 2008, 9:03:28 AM11/29/08

I've been told that there is a show and I've been told that not by one of
the students, but by oneof the performers.

Hope that helps

Martin
Being at work is neither big nor clever.

Alice

Nov 29, 2008, 12:45:02 PM11/29/08
Uncertain at this stage, Owing to a complete cock-up, that to be fair
wasn't entirely of the students making, they havent got a venue for the
show in the evening(we found this out yesterday!). I am hoping that Tom(
organiser) is going to clarify things, he was trying to get another venue
but this close to Xmas I think its pretty unlikely.
alice

Unicycle Tone

Nov 29, 2008, 4:44:41 PM11/29/08
Can someone post an address for this convention please? A postcode would
be nice.

Thanks

Unicycle Tone

Nov 29, 2008, 4:54:00 PM11/29/08
Are any traders going to be there? - I am interested in buying some new
clubs ... maybe PX3s but don;t want to start a big r.j. debate about it.

Plumsie

Nov 30, 2008, 3:23:06 AM11/30/08
Unicycle Tone wrote:

> Are any traders going to be there? - I am interested in buying some new
> clubs ... maybe PX3s but don;t want to start a big r.j. debate about it.

I can't say for certain but past experience would suggest that Beard and
Butterfingers will be trading at Leeds.

They are the regular traders anyway. Don't know if either of them sells
PX3's though. Then again, I don't know why anyone would want to buy them
but that's a different story.

Hope that helps.

Plumsie.

brynbobaggins

Nov 30, 2008, 6:30:44 AM11/30/08
Unicycle Tone wrote:

> Can someone post an address for this convention please? A postcode would
> be nice.
>
> Thanks

Try this link for directions:
http://www.circsoc.com/Find-Us?catid=0

Also this link mentions Beard and Butterfingers will be there
http://www.circsoc.com/Leeds-Juggling-Convention-2008

Bryn

Alice

Nov 30, 2008, 12:12:07 PM11/30/08
Plumsie wrote:

> Unicycle Tone wrote:
> >
> > Are any traders going to be there? - I am interested in buying some new
> > clubs ... maybe PX3s but don;t want to start a big r.j. debate about it.

Yes Beard and Butterfingers will be trading

Also

Hopefully we have found a venue for the show(if you've been following the
chat),I'm checking it out tomorrow and will post more as soon as I know

Alice>

Little Paul

Dec 1, 2008, 9:46:14 AM12/1/08
On 2008-11-25, Colin E. <webm...@jugglingdb.com.nospam.com> wrote:

> The year after we were stuck for sensible ideas, after lubricating
> our brains with alcohol, the doughnut idea was born.

Was that the convention so good you named it Bazil? That tshirt is
still on my regular wear list.

-Paul
--
paulseward.com - a photo a day for 2008
100jugglers.org - 100 pieces of signed juggling promotional material

Colin E.

Dec 1, 2008, 11:20:48 AM12/1/08
Little Paul wrote:

> On 2008-11-25, Colin E. <webm...@jugglingdb.com.nospam.com> wrote:
> >
> > The year after we were stuck for sensible ideas, after lubricating
> > our brains with alcohol, the doughnut idea was born.
>
> Was that the convention so good you named it Bazil? That tshirt is
> still on my regular wear list.

Bloody hell ... yes. I forgot about that! With our brains so well
lubricated it is hardly surprising though.

You don't have a photo of that T-Shirt kicking around do you?

Little Paul

Dec 1, 2008, 11:24:41 AM12/1/08
On 2008-12-01, Colin E. <webm...@jugglingdb.com.nospam.com> wrote:

> Bloody hell ... yes. I forgot about that! With our brains so well
> lubricated it is hardly surprising though.
>
> You don't have a photo of that T-Shirt kicking around do you?

Not to hand, but I can dig it out and shoot one tonight.

Ewano

Dec 2, 2008, 9:32:41 AM12/2/08
Plumsie wrote:

> Unicycle Tone wrote:
> >
> > Are any traders going to be there? - I am interested in buying some new
> > clubs ... maybe PX3s but don;t want to start a big r.j. debate about it.
> >

> They are the regular traders anyway. Don't know if either of them sells
> PX3's though. Then again, I don't know why anyone would want to buy them
> but that's a different story.

Cause they rock better than any other clubs[1]..

Ewano - stirring the pot of club arguments..

[1] That I've tried - I assume you'll have your fancy new Henry's things
with you so I can give them a try..